• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, man did Iceborne really get screwed. Not even in the top 10 for action games.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize the nostalgia for RE2 was so strong

Edit: don't get me wrong I thought it was good, but it also felt like a very slight experience with how undercooked the b routes felt, and the noticeable dip in quality after the police station.

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Yoooo I got quoted for DMC5, niiiiice. Shame it couldn't crack top 5, but at least it's best action game.

Good to see Sekiro and FE up there too. Wish KH3 was higher up though.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To the 4 other people who gave #1 to Sayonara Wild Hearts:

FriendlyBrownDog-size_restricted.gif
That was in my top 5. :3 Amazing game.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
In terms of AAA releases this seems like a really solid list. Looking forward to checking out these games in like 18-36 months lol

May 5, 2018
Nice! Fire Emblem with the upset of grabbing #3 over Death Stranding! Plus the landslide it has over the rest of the strategy games dang. Also happy to see Later Alligator sneak into the top 10 for best adventure game (even if it is 11 points). And I'll take Ace Combat 7 ranked at well, 7 for best action game and cracking the top 40.

Also happy to see Baba is You sneak into the top 20! Oh and even better, Luigi's Mansion 3 made it into the top 10! Awesome that's a great game! My only bummer is that it seems A Short Hike didn't get much love here since I don't see it in the top genre awards unless I looked over it. But it's a pretty niche indie game so it's not surprising to see it not on here. Game is still wonderful though.

Last edited:

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those results are something else. No idea how Resident Evil 2 got some many votes. Congrats to the winners none the less.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Death Stranding being that high really surprises me. Otherwise, mostly what I expected. No matter what wins, all are games worth trying even if personally I wasn't a fan of a couple of these

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Yay I got quoted for LM3 weird autocorrect typo and all. Interesting pick for GOTY. Will need to try Re2make to see what's up with that.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me happy to see SaGa Scarlet Grace show up in any capacity. It made #9 on the RPGs list <3

Edit: And #2 mobile game lol. Although that category feels more like best games that happened to release on mobile. I'm going to guess most people who voted for Sayonara/SaGa probably played them on other platforms.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Most Popular Games (Based on most #1 votes)
1. Death Stranding, 121 votes
2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses, 117 votes
3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, 111 votes
4. Resident Evil 2, 110 votes
5. Disco Elysium, 77 votes
6. Control, 61 votes
7. Outer Wilds, 44 votes
8. Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers, 34 votes
9. Devil May Cry 5, 29 votes
10. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, 17 votes

Shame it didn't make the Top 20, but I think the fact that it received a disproportional amount of #1 votes shows that those who played it really loved it.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
1. Life is Strange 2 = 102 points, 5 honorable mentions
2. Hypnospace Outlaw = 68 points, 2 honorable mentions
Darn, we almost had em boys

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Still need to play RE2... Although I'm kind of wondering if I should skip and just get the RE3 remake instead, I guess they're pretty similar?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, this place was always capcom era
(am I doing it right?)

Y'know, I didn't realise Star Wars was lapping up so many votes.
Also Mario Maker 2 jobbing to Pokemon hurts my soul, and I still kinda liked Pokemon

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
1-3 are niiiiice (hooray for Fire Emblem getting in!), but Death Stranding over Control?

Eeurgh.

Good list overall tho, for sure

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Outer wilds and Disco Elysium top 10 is decent, but not good enough. Should've been top 3.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
What a powerhouse Top 10! That's a damn fine list altogether.

Information
In the coming weeks we will be working with the Game of the Year team to open voting for the Game of the Decade. Any game published in the last 10 years will be eligible and can be voted for. This means you should go back and replay all of your favorite games before voting opens so you can pick which you liked the best.

More information on the Game of the Decade vote will be forthcoming.
Oh god, trying to put a definitive order to my fav games of the decade will be the death of me lol.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
The right game won. Good work, Era and congrats to the RE2 team.

Can't wait to finally play Death Stranding and Outer Wilds now

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem should have counted as an RPG as well tbh. It's unambiguously both—arguably more RPG than strategy in Three Houses, even.

Nevertheless, glad at its performance, and that SaGa made it to the top 10 RPGs. Good work everyone!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Well holy shit.

RE2 won ! color me fucking impressed and surprised at my peers for their (correct) choice :p

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The most popular games list is more to my liking FE and DS are my favorites of last year.

Guess the biggest barrier to DS winning was the lack of people playing it :/

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Information
In the coming weeks we will be working with the Game of the Year team to open voting for the Game of the Decade. Any game published in the last 10 years will be eligible and can be voted for. This means you should go back and replay all of your favorite games before voting opens so you can pick which you liked the best.

More information on the Game of the Decade vote will be forthcoming.
I know it won't mean much but could you please let us vote for 15 games instead of 10 for GOTD? So many games I feel 10 isn't doing the whole thing justice.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from really enjoying the top pick (RE2), I don't think I've ever been so out of touch with Era/GAF on GOTY picks overall. My year was Borderlands 3, KH3, RE2, and continuing to drown in Blizz stuff (WoW, Hearthstone, Diablo 3 and Overwatch).

Status
Not open for further replies.