• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Great work with the thread and congrats to all winners!

Was interested in how many picked games as their first pick (to see if some games got more points from fewer people and vice versa)

UmWIxKD.png

Interesting to see that Disco had a really strong presence despite releasing so late in the year and got a lot of first picks.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Great work with the thread and congrats to all winners!

Was interested in how many picked games as their first pick (to see if some games got more points from fewer people and vice versa)

UmWIxKD.png

Interesting to see that Disco had a really strong presence despite releasing so late in the year and got a lot of first picks.

Holy shit at almost half of all votes for Disco Elysium being number one votes.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at almost half of all votes for Disco Elysium being number one votes.

It also didn't release on consoles and a LOT of people here primarily play on consoles. I know I am looking forward to it, but I am waiting for the PS4 version. Taking all of that into consideration, its placement is really impressive. My excitement for the console release is through the roof.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Always interesting to look at the full data and see how your ballot is unique or an outlier. For instance, I was the only person to put Modern Warfare as my #1 game of the year.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
More like mods screwed over people voting XIV instead of 14 and they don't want to admit it.
I went to check a receipt of a post voting for "XIV" and in it it was indeed spelled as XIV, but I also noticed a section that said that they process the votes to make sure that all the right votes go to the right games.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I went to check a receipt of a post voting for "XIV" and in it it was indeed spelled as XIV, but I also noticed a section that said that they process the votes to make sure that all the right votes go to the right games.
I asked them multiple times what happened to XIV votes but didn't get a reply, there is something wrong with the system when a game in the top 10 for most first picks can't crack top 20 overall, be it how the points are distributed or counting.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I asked them multiple times what happened to XIV votes but didn't get a reply, there is something wrong with the system when a game in the top 10 for most first picks can't crack top 20 overall, be it how the points are distributed or counting.

My dude, you really need to give it a rest and move on. In fact, why don't I help you with that: I went through the voting thread and, counting the votes manually, I got 227 points for FFXIV. Only two votes weren't counted in the final score - one was "FF XIV Shadowbringers" and the other was, kind of confusingly, "Final Fantasy Shadowbringers" (I guess they couldn't decide between 14 and XIV). Every single "Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers" and "Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers" vote was counted.

Additionally, the game appeared in 71 top 10s. I'm not going to count every single list in the thread, but seeing as there are over 1400 posts, we can probably pretty safely say there were well over a thousand top 10s posted too. Is it really so weird that it wouldn't break top 20 when less than a tenth of voters gave it any points?

If you want to play around with different point distributions, the raw data was posted on the first page. If you were to weight first spots even more heavily, it would definitely break the top 20 since half of FF XIVs votes were first spots, but I personally think the current point distribution is good. Things would start getting too bloated if the top 3, for example, got radically more points than the rest of your top 10.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
The more I play The Witcher 3, the more I wish I put it higher on my list. (Referring to the 2019 port on Switch.)

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played A Short Hike last night. I wish I had played it in time for the GOTYs, because it would have definitely made my top 10. What a charming and wholesome little game. I was really impressed with it.

May 5, 2018
I played A Short Hike last night. I wish I had played it in time for the GOTYs, because it would have definitely made my top 10. What a charming and wholesome little game. I was really impressed with it.
I played it super late last year after seeing Vice Video Games' Patrick Klepek praise about it so much on Twitter. Glad I did because it's a lax yet excellently designed game. Got hooked from really doing side activities such as the fishing and Beachkestball. Snuck right into my Top 5.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
When's that Game of the Decade thread happening? I'm excited for Breath of the Wild to win one more award.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved for RE2, either that or Sekiro would have been my top pick

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Wish I could've played most of these. All I played last year was RE2, but this year I think I'll at least be playing 3. I got Dreams and I'm ready for Persona 5 Royal, Scramble, RE3, and Cyberpunk 2077.

Status
Not open for further replies.