• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
fhs2c24meo901.jpg

If only it were that easy. But I dig the Rock Lee homage!

This is amazing.

Supposedly Naruto got into stupid levels of scale later on. People blowing up moons n whatnot.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Micro SD card for muh Switch, raincoat, cookbook, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares s3 on Amazon Video, umbrella, two pairs of khakis for work, pillows, new slim wallet, cover for my car (for the next time it snows), snow shovel. I think I'm missing something. Oh yea house slippers and socks.

I went to check the price of the game Aragami for PS4. Didn't even end up buying it.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Y u no use respond feature?!

I used a hair color app, and imported a selfie I took around NYE. I didn't look too bad with light red hair, well at least I thought so. I don't think I want a full on redhead though, just highlights or a few streaks here and there. If I did, i'd have to tattoo 愛 on my forehead and go full on Gaara.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Thick eyebrows are top tier!

But this I disagree with. I've always leaned towards darker hair colors, even when dyed. Black is my fave!

Actually, I kinda wish my hair was darker. It looks black from afar but up close you can tell it's just a dark dark brown. I want pitch black!
I went brunette once and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't for me

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched Land of the Dead with some friends last night, and I can't figure out how the paper money-based economy works in that movie.

Their little civilization has a class system where the rich do nothing and live in a nice building and the poor people do all of the scavenging and live in the crappy parts of the miniature city. Shouldn't it be the other way around? How are the rich people making money if they don't scavenge for supplies? Playing the zombie lottery? Investing in the zombie stock market? At one point the main businessman living in the building tells the head scavenger that he could never live in the nice part of the city because he's just a scavenger. But the scavengers all work together. Shouldn't they have a monopoly on the supplies and be the richest people in the place instead of all the rich people who lounge around? I get the parallel that they're trying to make there but it doesn't work in that situation, right? If the paper's really worth that much then why not just rob a bank or any of the stores that they scavenge? They're not guarded, probably weren't emptied out when the apocalypse happened, and security-wise are in disrepair.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now, i don't really know what that is about but i'd assume the rich control the supply of weapons and people who can use those. And force the poor to work, give their haul to the rich, and then sell that stuff elsewhere.

Seriously, i don't recommend thinking about economics or logistics of most fiction too closely, authors usually don't understand those. As disappointing as that is.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Romero's Dead movies wear their politics on their sleeves. Land of the Dead never gets much deeper than "Bush sucks" and "the rich exploits the poor," so it's probably not worth digging further. (For the record: I love the first three, particularly Day. Land is okay.)

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I told myself I'd finish three books before I bought another, but I'm having a hard time waiting.

Next up is most likely Guns, Germs & Steel. I hope I can keep myself in check for now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now, i don't really know what that is about but i'd assume the rich control the supply of weapons and people who can use those. And force the poor to work, give their haul to the rich, and then sell that stuff elsewhere.

Seriously, i don't recommend thinking about economics or logistics of most fiction too closely, authors usually don't understand those. As disappointing as that is.
One guy, maybe. I don't know what the hell the rest of them do.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok my Ropa Vieja is finished prepping and now starting its 9 hour journey in the crock pot for a pot luck I'm going to tomorrow. Got it started at 11 PM sharp at that!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting it to be very fun but a lot of good food. Mostly going to eat and because my parents asked me to. That and I like cooking for other people.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ashamed to admit i've taken two culinary classes back in High School, but I still don't know how to cook.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cooking with a crockpot is pretty easy. There are a million recipes out there and usually pretty simple and straight forward. Buy the ingredient on a list, measure out the amounts and dump them into the pot and then chop some stuff up and throw it in and that's usually about that.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Try an Instant Pot, too. Tons of recipes out there. Follow them and pretty much anyone can make good, healthy food fast.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Semester just started and it already is feeling like a shitshow. The good news is that I like all my professors. The bad news is that my classes feel like a nightmare at the moment.

Calculus has been terrifying so far, partially because of the fact that a lot of the stuff is difficult to understand conceptually. We're doing Limits atm and while I sorta understand what the fuck I'm doing I still kinda don't. The fact that I have an exam in a week doesn't help even though the exam is online and is only 3 percent of my grade.

I guess the other thing that's scaring the living shit out of me is the fact that my calc professor kept constantly reminding us how difficult this class is.

Then there is Chemistry which is weird because we were supposed to do shit on Wednesday, but couldn't so pretty much the first day of actual lecture is next Wednesday, so I'm sitting here focusing on Calculus and not doing a single thing in chemistry even though I really want to. Chemistry Exam is in a little over 2 weeks so I kinda want to work ahead as far as I can between now and the next lecture so I don't worry about it too much.

I'm in for a rough semester it feels like, and outside of studying to no prevail and stressing my ass off I don't know what to do. Chemistry could really go either way, but I got a really bad feeling about calc.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta go give blood tomorrow, hope they don't start messing with the needle while it's still in me again.