• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hey, I didn't know there was a Discord. Might be better to chill than the dead Unofficial ResetERA Discord...
Can I get an invite? I promise I'll behave. Or not, depends on what gets me in.

Anyway, today kinda sucked, I slept through most of it 'cuz I just didn't feel like doing anything. One of those days when I'm like Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off
giphy.gif

And now it's 4am and I feel like I'll never sleep ever again.
Playing Life is Strange - Before the Storm until the sun rises at least.

Last edited:

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, incoherent rambling with stuff that made me laugh while I was drunk and when I read them again later I realized it was cringy as hell. It could have been worse, I have a good relationship with my boss, we've known each other for a long time, but I would have preferred a reply like "what the hell?". The silence. The silence is deafening.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really find a better place to post this so uhhh I guess this is as good as any! Does anyone know where to find that unofficial site mod for the old legacy dark theme someone was posting about after the site redesign went live? current dark theme hurts my eyes and I really just want the old theme back lol

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm tired of poor ignorant people being passive aggressive with me because I am not poor and ignorant like them. Discord and Twitter especially. I am sorry you're poor and stupid, but please stop hating. So you're poor and stupid. It happens I guess. Please stop hating on me because I am not.

The Trump voters are the worst.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Lost $10k in the retirement account before I moved everything to just regular-ass savings with Fidelity (whatever that option is called). Fuck.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves both drank blood from the same vampire. There's no way in fuck the two are over 50. Shit I need to start taking better care of myself.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Been back in the office 2 days, already looking at taking another break. Was nice to have the 2 weeks off, fair enough it was down to the office being closed for "safety"

I wish I had taken two weeks off. First day back and the boss says I have to train a new person on some shit I made. I'm like fuck man, it's still kind of the holidays, Give a brotha a break.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to book a surprise trip to Orlando for me and my girlfriend in late October and early November. We both live Halloween so it'd be great to be there for around that time. I can pretty much afford it, and I know she'd get the time off, but she might get a place for college from her job starting in September, but she isn't even past the first round of it and she'll find out in the summer if she gets the spot.

So I don't know what to do, I've given her hints about it, but can't tell her.

I guess I'll just price it all out and see what happens. I want to do it badly though.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I helped an ex coworker with some linux server he had to build for work, then install some vendors software. CentOS 7. He does not know linux. I haven't had to deal with it seriously in many years, aside from the devices we have here-and-there running it, though I've had to deal with it more lately because my job is migrating a bunch of servers to linux then migrating those to our Azure environment to save money - so I've been having to help the app people. As luck would have it, many of them are CentOS 7 or RHEL (which CentOS is a derivative of and therefore very similar? I don't know I no longer keep up).

Anywhoo. Took me over two hours on a Sunday to help him with his really basic problems thanks to a slow-ass link to his site. He was so grateful for the help he just text'd me an Amazon digital gift card (or whatever the fuck they're called) for $200. My man.

Oct 27, 2017
I helped an ex coworker with some linux server he had to build for work, then install some vendors software. CentOS 7. He does not know linux. I haven't had to deal with it seriously in many years, aside from the devices we have here-and-there running it, though I've had to deal with it more lately because my job is migrating a bunch of servers to linux then migrating those to our Azure environment to save money - so I've been having to help the app people. As luck would have it, many of them are CentOS 7 or RHEL (which CentOS is a derivative of and therefore very similar? I don't know I no longer keep up).

Anywhoo. Took me over two hours on a Sunday to help him with his really basic problems thanks to a slow-ass link to his site. He was so grateful for the help he just text'd me an Amazon digital gift card (or whatever the fuck they're called) for $200. My man.

:O

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh also, I literally saved 50% by switching from Geico to Progressive yesterday. So that was great. Have a refund of $411 coming from Geico thanks to that. I didn't realize how badly they were gouging me.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I left the hospital, back in December during Xmas, I've been seeing a small group of friends, here at home, on an almost monthly basis now. My lover, their brother, a childhood friend of ours and a friend who live next door come over and we play Smash Ultimate for a solid 5 to 6h. Now, I see my lover and their brother every weeks but I mean at my own place it's a monthly thing and it's been super enjoyable.

What's neat is one of said friend who come over is someone I hadn't seen in a good decade so I'm happy it wasn't a one time only.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Always dope when you reconnect/develop a new group of folks to hang out with consistently. Developing (actual) friendships as you get older is fucking hard.