• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I be able to buy the Dlc off of the us e shop and play with the pal ver. with my us account?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
yes, one SKU for the West

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/8m0AAOSwFb5aS9ic/s-l1600.jpg
https://www.gamefaqs.com/switch/211325-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle/images/1650891

more info that if anyone's interested:
the product code is what you wanna look for. the one that is suffixed with USA/UKV/JPN and so on

M+R's code in NA is HAC-BAANA-USA - the important bit being BAANA
the EU code is HAC-BAANA-UKV - the last A tells you they are both he same SKU/same ROM on the card (same digital SKU). the final letter in the center part of the code differentiates between SKUs. So far there have been three variants, A, B, and C. They are not tied to a specific region but somehow relate to the publishing order and/or where the main office of the publisher sits. For example, Xenoblade 2 is HAC-ADENA-JPN in Japan and HAC-ADENB-UKV (suffix in EU varies depending on country, using UK here) and HAC-BAANA-USA meaning the EU SKU is the same as the NA SKU and the JP SKU is different (it has JP VO on the card while the NA/EU versions have EN VO on the card).

Last edited:

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
From my understanding you cannot buy the DLC from one region and use it on another region's copy. But I'm sure a helpful ERA-goer would be able to help you acquire the code for it!

EDIT: Seems I'm mistaken and it's a per-game basis? I learned a thing today!

Last edited:

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So here's the thing. mario rabbids is a universal build for EU and US. You cna buy DLC on US store and use it with PAL copy on US account or PAL account. ITs fine.

I tested this with Rocket LEague by buying DLC on US account for an EU digital copy. FE Warriors as well.

Note: splatoon 2 wont work like this. EU and US builds are diff.