ResetEra January 2018 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
No mention of the birth of the official* site mascot, Reset-tan? For shame!

*not necessarily approved by the site administration.

Oct 28, 2017
How did you like this newsletter? Are there things you would like to see included in future ones? What sort of changes should we make to improve the format? Please sound off in the replies to this thread.
More "threads of the month" please, it's impossible to keep up with all of the posting and these are awesome.

Also, mentioned this in the ad-clear thread, but please implement non-Paypal payment methods. I'll send you physical checks even!

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
More "threads of the month" please, it's impossible to keep up with all of the posting and these are awesome.

Also, mentioned this in the ad-clear thread, but please implement non-Paypal payment methods. I'll send you physical checks even!
I’m working on a solution. Just needs a little time in the oven before introduced.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
If nothing else January has shown that the industry is certainly watching Resetera. It has come a long way in just a few months.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't really look through the Dreamcast thread until today, what an amazing time. Also that Dragon Ball OT was freaking beautiful!

Daaaaamn, Finale got promoted? Always love reading his posts and repping EBA. Big congrats to him and everyone else who made it!
Seconded! Finale is an amazing poster and a fantastic choice for a mod!

Not to be a party pooper but a few updates ago, typing on mobile has been borked. Autocorrect specifically. I know it's not an issue with Chrome, Google Keyboard or my phone. I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks ago, but no one got back to me. It's quite literally ONLY this site where I have issues typing. Nowhere else and no other app do I have problems.
I'm having the same issue. : (

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Suggestion: we need a soft update button on mobile like we had on GAF so we can load the new posts in a thread without having to refresh the whole site.

Congrats, Finale on getting upgraded!!!

TI92

Oct 25, 2017
Also, duckduckgo gives resetera a B for privacy, you went down from an A because privacy practices arent actually documented anywhere (according to them)

Do you have plans to fix this in the future? What are the resetera privacy practices? Would you release information to a government agency for example?

Edit: actually a C because of mixed encryption methods not good

donkey show

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Super surprised when the shoutout for the OT from ArcSys showed up on Twitter! Also, grats to the new mods and everyone else for keeping Era a sweet place. :)

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
Also, duckduckgo gives resetera a B for privacy, you went down from an A because privacy practices arent actually documented anywhere (according to them)

Do you have plans to fix this in the future? What are the resetera privacy practices? Would you release information to a government agency for example?

Edit: actually a C because of mixed encryption methods not good
We have a Privacy Policy right in the navigation bar of the site.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/privacy-policy.5/

Status
Not open for further replies.