ResetEra July 2018 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Welcome to the ResetEra July 2018 newsletter! Although to some these are the summer doldrums, we've been hard at work throughout to make ResetEra the best it can be. We've got quite a lot to share this month!

Milestone: 40,000 Members!

Few thought we'd be here so soon, but if you haven't been following the counter located at the bottom of the front page, we're pleased to announce that ResetEra officially has over 40,000 active members! We warmly welcome all the newcomers and thank everyone for helping us reach this incredible milestone. For the record, this number represents only valid and active accounts. It does not include unapproved accounts, accounts that never confirmed their emails, or banned accounts.

Mod Team Update

As our numbers continue to grow and the workload increases, we find ourselves in need of more help to meet the needs of the community. This month we added five new moderators to the team! Please welcome:

chasingclouds
shiba5
jacob.armitage
Snormy
Volimar

We're very proud of the strong contributions these rookies have made already as well as their firm dedication to the community. As always, you can find the updated staff roster here.

ResetEra 1.5 Update / 2.0 Mention

This month we released the long awaited ResetEra v1.5. This update included a number of significant bug fixes for the DayEra and NightEra themes, as well as the brand new min/max variable width feature so you can decide how much horizontal space you want to use! For more details including a full list of changes, please check out the update thread. If you experience any new or recurring bugs, please report them in the bug report thread.

In that same update thread we also talked a little about the upcoming ResetEra 2.0. That's right, work on "the big one" is now in full swing! We're not ready to pull back the curtains on all the details yet, but suffice it to say that we're very excited. We look forward to sharing the first details with you in the coming weeks.

Official ResetEra PS4 Dynamic Theme Released!

Last month we highlighted an effort by ResetEra's own m0dus to create an Official Dynamic Theme for PS4. Thanks to the amazing talent of m0dus and input from the community, the theme is now complete, released, and available on the North American PlayStation Network! Best of all, it's absolutely free for everyone! You can get the full details, including how to download the theme, how it was developed, and more in the official thread.

GiftBot Update

We also updated GiftBot with some new features for everyone's favorite friend. There is now a cooldown period between wins and an internal blacklist of the small handful of previous GiftBot abusers; these members will be ineligible to win future giveaways. For full details on this update and future updates to GiftBot, please stay up to date with the Giftbot announcement thread. There will be more features to come in the future!

Video Game Releases
Video Game Community Spotlights
EtcetEra Community Spotlights
Thread Highlights

We'd like to highlight one of our communities where you can play a game, yes, a game, with other ResetEra posters, right here on ResetEra. It's called Mafia, and if you've ever played Werewolf, Town of Salem, or the like then you're probably familiar with the kind of game this is. The community is currently organizing signups for their latest season of Mafia, and they need more players! You get the full details at the Mafia Season 12 sign up thread.

Over the past month, ResetEra users have been voting, debating, and discussing a lot of RPGs. Why? To create the 2018 edition of ResetEra's Top 101 Essential RPGs. While voting is already completed, the results are being unveiled over multiple days. At the time of this posting, ranks 41 through 101 are currently live with more on the way soon. You can join the discussion at the ResetEra's Top 101 Essential RPGs thread.

If you enjoy watching TV, like most of us, you might find it hard to keep track of all the shows available in any given month. Thankfully, there's a ResetEra thread by RatskyWatsky that has your back. Each month he creates an exhaustive list of TV shows including breakdowns of the new shows premiering that month. Check out the TV in July 2018 thread for more.

Conclusion

Like we said at the top, even in the heat of summer there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes here at ResetEra and in the community at large. As we continue to build on our progress, we're open to trying new ways of engaging the community. Towards that end, we're now hosting an experimental Feedback / Community Discussion Weekend in the hope of encouraging a constructive discussion with and between members.

That wraps up the ResetEra July Newsletter! Thanks for being the best community on the internet. See you next month!

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna welcome all the new mods! I've already worked with and gotten to know a bunch of you and we're really happy to have y'all on the team :)

Great newsletter as always Nicole!

Also, that new m0dus theme is so so good.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope you guys are working on the unstable load issues on mobile. Been driving me nuts clicking on the wrong topic once the fonts load and push the page up or a late script scrolling me to the middle of nowhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all your hard work, and remember, you can always put the Super Best Friends OT back in the Spotlight. Only good things will come of it. :)

Oct 27, 2017
congrats to the new mods. Thanks for volunteering to help keep this place pleasant.
why yes... yes I do smell doo-doo, why?
this is a brown-nose joke, not saying mods are shitty or something just to be clear

Glad to see GIftbot getting better and better. Looking forward to bossing him around one day.

I need to check out that new PS4 theme.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the thread where we mod beg? I'm a vigilant lurker. I'm always watching you. Even when you aren't online. That makes a good mod, right?

Selina

Gotham's Finest
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
Welcome to the new mods

Do you guys apply or randomly get picked and promoted to modhood?
We scout for members we think would make good moderators based on post history, activity levels, schedule availability, community ties and so on.

Oct 25, 2017
UK
psnprofiles.com
We scout for members we think would make good moderators based on post history, activity levels, schedule availability, community ties and so on.
Thanks, I had always wondered how that worked and wondered if the process was different from the old place

Either way I appreciate that they're all introduced in these monthly threads

jacob.armitage

And that went well, so I'm compelled
Oct 25, 2017
Kind welcoming words and a great newsletter, as always, I do look forward to them. Thank you, Nicole.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
If you enjoy watching TV, like most of us, you might find it hard to keep track of all the shows available in any given month. Thankfully, there's a ResetEra thread by RatskyWatsky that has your back. Each month he creates an exhaustive list of TV shows including breakdowns of the new shows premiering that month. Check out the TV in July 2018 thread for more.
Some extra recognition here for Ratsky's work on these monthly threads, greatly appreciated RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say it was pretty funny to log in and get a notification about the Community Feedback Weekend! only to discover that the thread is already locked after less than 12 hours.

So I guess I'll leave my most pressing feedback here: please please please fix the eyesplitting purple in the non legacy themes. At the very least, please explain why you can't or won't.

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Gotta say it was pretty funny to log in and get a notification about the Community Feedback Weekend! only to discover that the thread is already locked after less than 12 hours.

So I guess I'll leave my most pressing feedback here: please please please fix the eyesplitting purple in the non legacy themes. At the very least, please explain why you can't or won't.
I'm hoping that the feedback from that thread will at least be re-read and taken into consideration.

Sir Guts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations to all and welcome to the new mods. We’ve been growing greatly here. Thank you for everything

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, staff, for highlighting our Mafia community and for all the work!

We are accepting new and old players for 2 games that we are going to host soon, one with a Game of Thrones theme and another with a They Might Be Giants theme. If you are interested in either of those themes, or you want to give a forum game a try, we will be more than happy to welcome you :3 In case you missed it above, our OT is here.

Like Brazil said above (he plays with us :D), if you have never played Mafia before we will assign a mentor to assist you and ensure you have a fun time with us.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, staff, for highlighting our Mafia community and for all the work!

We are accepting new and old players for 2 games that we are going to host soon, one with a Game of Thrones theme and another with a They Might Be Giants theme. If you are interested in either of those themes, or you want to give a forum game a try, we will be more than happy to welcome you :3 In case you missed it above, our OT is here.

Like Brazil said above (he plays with us :D), if you have never played Mafia before we will assign a mentor to assist you and ensure you have a fun time with us.
Or if you've ever wanted to brag about being able to kill a Mod in a game, now's your chance!

real talk we don't bite and highly encourage people to come in a give it a go. you never know, you may fall in love with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.