• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That would be this one:

u0dSIAy.gif
:)))))))

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see at work any of the gifs that I assume are posted so I'm going to skip that one. It would be playing a game where the rest of the players are mute.

And now that I think about it, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If more people keep having problem with imgur, I may ask the players to use a different image hosting service; I didn't expect the redesign to mess with the way certain gifs are loaded
for example, i can't see the game banner on monkey's announcement on Chrome, but I can on Firefox

Last edited:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
If more people keep having problem with imgur, I may ask the players to use a different image hosting service; I didn't expect the redesign to mess with the way certain gifs are loaded
for example, i can't see the game banner on monkey's announcement on Chrome, but I can on Firefox
Yeah I can't see it on mobile Safari or desktop Chrome :(

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on desktop Chrome and I can see everything! Weird.

Maybe that's a reason to play this one on OM? But anyway, I put the banner on giphy. Any issues?

giphy.gif

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yep, it works now! thank you

I do think it'd be better to run this game on OM, so everyone would be able to read what the others are saying without this minor hassle.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the banner now! That's amazing, great work Pedro!

I also wouldn't be opposed to playing the game on OM if it makes it easier to post gifs.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All hail Pedro...II? III?

Depends on how hard is to make 9 persons understand to strip the s from https

😛

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Next up will be a game of HIGH FOOLISHNESS, but your scheduling team has to scrape their collective shit together to deal with end-of-semester hell. Updates posthaste but in this time, the haste may take two days or so, and then the post. ;)

giphy.gif

I'm on desktop Chrome and I can see everything! Weird.

Maybe that's a reason to play this one on OM? But anyway, I put the banner on giphy. Any issues?

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Millions have fought on the internet over who is the best partner, and we by this point already know the answer to that question; it's why you're getting Gif Mafia: Red Version!

(but make your voice heard if you ever want to see a Blue Version)

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Millions have fought on the internet over who is the best partner, and we by this point already know the answer to that question; it's why you're getting Gif Mafia: Red Version!

(but make your voice heard if you ever want to see a Blue Version)
Lol
I thought the red version would foreshadow the killing to be had.
A possible blue version would be in mourning for those we lost in the red version 😂

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Cmon Pedro, look past the 90's Char Bias. Look at Blastoise tanking a fire punch like a boss. Get that daycare raised lvl 40 charizard out of here before it gets disgraced.

giphy.gif

Look at Blastoise hitting him with a hydro pump when he kept coming. Couldn't even dodge, shameful.
feae1741f8ea53992854ac8f7c5b11d5f3451c1f_hq.gif

Even when he mega evolves Charizard's just waiting to get washed
DJZje2D.gif

I rest my case.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_ni99uwxCJC1u8qgiso1_500.gif

It's not 90's bias since I think squirtle with sunglasses is super cool, but blastoise is a turtle while charizard is a damn dragon. On the scale of cool animals, dragon is way above turtle; you can check it.

(and mega blastoise is overdesigned)

(i dig that no one's defending that walking plant here that always stays in Oak's lab bc no one wants it)

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Charizard is all style, no substance. He has to be up there in losses too given how many times he's been bodied. Even when fighting Greninja as a mega evolution he wasn't able to easily seal the match. So not only is he shameless, his sp.atk stat is subpar garbage.
3dbe6401c27a52b489b8ca9a57c57770593d10ca_hq.gif

Instead, he was embarassed. Handedly.
rs8Zes9pjKOrvNgFeM1q0zwpcUL2Yv3Z7onTJHrvDMG5e8kdM6-5IRT-x1DXsoqZN1hhF4hv80qbAQ=w350-h197

Just leave him to take his eternal L. Rather be a turtle than a scrub. Away with him!
latest

Edit: Bros for life Chuggs

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CHARIZARD IS MY FRIEND AND YOU WILL NOT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME
i'll never forget when my charmeleon evolved into it on the S.S. Anne right after fighting that asshole rival.

---

I can see alliances forming in the game already, gif/jiff, and who's the best partner.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ouch, now i don't want to rep it anymore...

---

bringing it back, there's a new mafia game coming soon:
yfFxPYj.gif

Here it is, the game you were waiting for: Gif Mafia: Red Version!!!

This is an idea that was teased a while ago and it's finally a real product. I made this with the intention of seeing players have fun with each other, and I hope everyone will get a few laughs out of it!

The details:

XQb5TDY.gif

With the exception of votes (to make my life easier) and quotes (so you can have some sort of discussion), you will only be able to use gifs in the game thread. That means no text or text formatting of any kind, no spoiler tags, no videos, no links, and the worst of all: no still images.
This is what the internet trained you for, put your gif-choosing-and-using skills to the test if you want to win!

You will find more on how gifs should be used here once the game thread is up~
Ah, and I will also only post in gifs during the game :D

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
It was mentioned that a gif mafia game has happened on another website. I'm kinda curious to read it, can someone link that gif mafia game?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

yfFxPYj.gif

Name: Gif Mafia: Red Version
Gamerunner: Pedro
Number of players: 9
Design: 2d3, a normal and open setup. You can find more about how it works here.
Day/Night length: 24h/24h

XQb5TDY.gif

With the exception of votes (to make my life easier) and quotes (so you can have some sort of discussion), you will only be able to use gifs in the game thread. That means no text or text formatting of any kind, no spoiler tags, no videos, no links, and the worst of all: no still images.
This is what the internet trained you for, put your gif-choosing-and-using skills to the test if you want to win!

Game plans to start on the 16th! Sign ups will run for their usual 48 hours. :>
red_1544752800.png