• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Sign me the fuck up old man.

880cee173c5839afc3048a0235e23fafc3eff374_hq.gif

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
for the new 50ppp

yfFxPYj.gif

Name: Gif Mafia: Red Version
Gamerunner: Pedro
Number of players: 9
Design: 2d3, a normal and open setup. You can find more about how it works here.
Day/Night length: 24h/24h

XQb5TDY.gif

With the exception of votes (to make my life easier) and quotes (so you can have some sort of discussion), you will only be able to use gifs in the game thread. That means no text or text formatting of any kind, no spoiler tags, no videos, no links, and the worst of all: no still images.
This is what the internet trained you for, put your gif-choosing-and-using skills to the test if you want to win!

Game plans to start on the 16th! Sign ups will run for their usual 48 hours. :>
red_1544752800.png

i put myself on the list already but i'm signing up too. the hell semester ends in 2 days then i'm FREE

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
There was another game, Swamped, but I'll have to find it.

me me me!
hey_monkey
female type, super effective against male types
Eastern

Folks, please sign up if you want in even if it's think it's full.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I'm glad I happened to check when I did lol this is filling up real fast.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I was good at gifs :(
That spec thread will be best of 2018 for sure though, so I'll be there

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil Swamped either of you want to use your super priority just let me know o7

There was another game, Swamped, but I'll have to find it.

me me me!
hey_monkey
female type, super effective against male types
Eastern

Folks, please sign up if you want in even if it's think it's full.

i'm sorry ma'am but we will have to deny your application. i see a doctor monkey, no 'hey monkey'.

Well I wouldn't be too sure. Everyone that's interested should sign up.
Priority is in effect

How it usually goes

priority is in effect.....but Nat also has a point

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
i'm sorry ma'am but we will have to deny your application. i see a doctor monkey, no 'hey monkey'.
oh my god I forgot my own name

Also, Vere, seeing that first gif only in preview was... something. eta: I mean melon's that you quoted - when it was in the quote box
I'm sleepy so I'm gonna stop because I forgot how to word

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is the one monkey mentioned, but here's one: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/9399-Gifs-turob-gl

Ooo thanks! That's hilarious to read through lol.

Brazil Swamped either of you want to use your super priority just let me know o7

I'll wait. I really want to be in this game, but I'd be happy spectating too.

I demand the spot I was invented for, he GMT

Can I give my super priority to Blarg lol?

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
changing topics for a second:

the Game and Player data sheets have been updated with the last 3 games. Sorry for not doing this earlier! Putting that info there takes me a few hours and I was very busy until now.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
changing topics for a second:

the Game and Player data sheets have been updated with the last 3 games. Sorry for not doing this earlier! Putting that info there takes me a few hours and I was very busy until now.
Please do not apologize for taking a minute to update these time-consuming and amazing resources, lest I bop you on your head.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*shields head*

---

I sent invites to a few people in our community. If you're arriving here and thinking "oh, a bunch of people signed up already", please remember that priority is in effect so you may still get in the game, but also we're measuring interest in this goofy experiment so let us know~

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I am interested but I am out of my home country when the game starts and would miss at least the first day phase.

Please register me as an alternate though because if anyone drops out I will be back and available to pick it up when I return.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
priority is in effect.....but Nat also has a point

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
Would you guys mind being clear on this? I'm considering removing myself from the list and asking for Spec instead because I don't think my chances of making it in are very good with priority in effect, and there's also a lot more people signing up than I thought there would be so replacements probably won't be in short supply. But if there's a reason I should not do this, I'd kind of like to know.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Would you guys mind being clear on this? I'm considering removing myself from the list and asking for Spec instead because I don't think my chances of making it in are very good with priority in effect, and there's also a lot more people signing up than I thought there would be so replacements probably won't be in short supply. But if there's a reason I should not do this, I'd kind of like to know.
There have been ideas batted around about how to accommodate a surplus of sign-ups. Not promising anything here - just saying we want a good idea of the demand for such a game. It hasn't been done here before so there's no telling until we actually see. I would just stick with signing up if you have any interest.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also, dying n1 in a game will have VERY limited impact on priority in general, which is determined based largely on length of time survived (and other things).

Sign up if you want into a game, period. Better to do that than to try to second-guess our esoteric ways.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to play, there's no downside to signing up. If you don't get in you'll still have the option to join the spec thread

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Support the main man Pedro if you can be on the replacements list. He puts so much effort into this community, let's all show him a little <3

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to play, there's no downside to signing up. If you don't get in you'll still have the option to join the spec thread
Yeah I know, I guess what I should say is that I'd personally prefer Spec > Replacement. I just don't want to cause any extra work for those involved if I already know I'm just going to ask to be put in Spec anyways.