• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But there's no need to make that decision yet, Fantomas. Sit down, relax a little, post some gifs in preparation.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Besides - Spec thread isn't even made yet. It won't be made until the game is about to begin so no need to rush it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
ks71jf7.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I said the same thing last time for Brexit when I signed up, but I got put on the player list for that one. I don't see what the big deal is about wanting Spec > Replacement I guess?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I said the same thing last time for Brexit when I signed up, but I got put on the player list for that one. I don't see what the big deal is about wanting Spec > Replacement I guess?

There is no big deal, just wait til the player list is posted and if you're listed as a replacement, you just ask for spec. People have done that in the past, it's np.

That said, this should be fun and if we have a second Gif Mafia game, we know it's title (Gif Mafia: Blue Version :P )

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
There is no big deal, just wait til the player list is posted and if you're listed as a replacement, you just ask for spec. People have done that in the past, it's np.
^^^^^^^
Being put on replacement list is automatic if you don't get in and it's totally fine to nope out on that.

i mean, except I will give you a dirty look but that might also just be my face

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
So I've been watching the games for the passed couple of months. Starting with KH mafia. Always kind of been a lurker for mafia games tho. Have no desire to play because of the time commitment and I know I'd panic but wanted to see if I could poke my head in the spec chat to see what it's like on the other side when Gif starts. I already sent an application to OM but wanted to know if there was anything else I had to do?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been watching the games for the passed couple of months. Starting with KH mafia. Always kind of been a lurker for mafia games tho. Have no desire to play because of the time commitment and I know I'd panic but wanted to see if I could poke my head in the spec chat to see what it's like on the other side when Gif starts. I already sent an application to OM but wanted to know if there was anything else I had to do?
Your account has been approved - once we have the spec thread up I'll go back through and add everyone that has requested it and let you all know in here at that point. Feel free to give playing a try sometime though! We run mini mafia's now and then that are smaller scale and can be a good introductory game.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

yfFxPYj.gif

Name: Gif Mafia: Red Version
Gamerunner: Pedro
Number of players: 9
Design: 2d3, a normal and open setup. You can find more about how it works here.
Day/Night length: 24h/24h

XQb5TDY.gif

With the exception of votes (to make my life easier) and quotes (so you can have some sort of discussion), you will only be able to use gifs in the game thread. That means no text or text formatting of any kind, no spoiler tags, no videos, no links, and the worst of all: no still images.
This is what the internet trained you for, put your gif-choosing-and-using skills to the test if you want to win!

Game plans to start on the 16th! Sign ups will run for their usual 48 hours. :>
red_1544752800.png
For the new page!

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We welcome lurkers! Mafia has something for everyone.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
* puts on PR voice *

The reason we've been hinting at things and asking people to show interest in this type of game can now be revealed! I just got the OK from the Scheduling Team and I am proud to announce that the sign-ups for a second game, that will run in parallel with the first one, are open.
Here is Gif Mafia: Blue Version:

AeNt9y3.gif

Design: 2d3, a normal and open setup. You can find more about how it works here.

XQb5TDY.gif

With the exception of votes (to make my life easier) and quotes (so you can have some sort of discussion), you will only be able to use gifs in the game thread. That means no text or text formatting of any kind, no spoiler tags, no videos, no links, and the worst of all: no still images.
This is what the internet trained you for, put your gif-choosing-and-using skills to the test if you want to win!

This game, unlike Red Version, is planned to start on the 17th. Sign-ups will last another 48 hours.
0so17o6c17

---------

As you can see, the game has the same setup as Red Version. I asked the Scheduling Team to not open sign-ups for both games at the same time because I didn't know how many would actually play a game like this, and in case there weren't enough people for both games I'd end up hosting a single one. But seeing there are way more than 9 people looking for it, it was safe to do it now.
Doing it this way was better, to me, than to have 2 games about to start and not having players for one of them, leaving people in that roster frustrated that they can't start their fun.

Since there is no difference between both games, you don't have to sign-up to a specific one! The usual "name, pronoun, time zone" is sufficient.
Then, once the sign-up periods for both games end, players will be placed into either Red or Blue.

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, we're gonna have 2 gif games running starting next week 😅 Don't expect this kind of thing to happen again in our community, I just happened to have enough free time and wanted to give the opportunity to as much people as possible to try this out.
I'm choosing to run 2 small games simultaneously instead of 1 bigger one because I'd like them both to end before the end of the year, but also because I'm assuming that this type of interaction would not remain engaging for multiple weeks, so faster is preferable here.

And for stu and sorian that guessed a blue version, welp you got it :D (there's no green or yellow version coming, don't wait on that)

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*puts on PR voice again*

Maybe in the future, but right now we at MafiEra HQ don't have plans to develop a third entry in the franchise.

franchise that's 1 day old

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Works out really well with the open setup too. Now everyone understands the vague insistence to sign up if you're interested. Really looking forward to seeing these run!

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gif Mafia?

tenor.gif

name: oreomunsta
preferred pronoun: he, or cookie-snookie
timezone: GMT -7

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*puts on PR voice again*

Maybe in the future, but right now we at MafiEra HQ don't have plans to develop a third entry in the franchise.

franchise that's 1 day old

Gif Mafia Yellow is a lot like Gif Mafia Blue and Red, but a MafiEra Mod Team member follows you everywhere you go while you play.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Would like to join, GIF sound fun. :>

Rynam
He/Him
UTC+1/CEST

(don't put me in the game with the crazy gif person that is blarg)

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Just wanted to say thank yall for being so welcoming. Didn't know about the minigames so I'll keep that in mind when I have a lil more free time. Ohh yeah I picked a good time to spectate!

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
* puts on PR voice *

The reason we've been hinting at things and asking people to show interest in this type of game can now be revealed! I just got the OK from the Scheduling Team and I am proud to announce that the sign-ups for a second game, that will run in parallel with the first one, are open.
Here is Gif Mafia: Blue Version:

AeNt9y3.gif

XQb5TDY.gif

This game, unlike Red Version, is planned to start on the 17th. Sign-ups will last another 48 hours.
0so17o6c17

---------

As you can see, the game has the same setup as Red Version. I asked the Scheduling Team to not open sign-ups for both games at the same time because I didn't know how many would actually play a game like this, and in case there weren't enough people for both games I'd end up hosting a single one. But seeing there are way more than 9 people looking for it, it was safe to do it now.
Doing it this way was better, to me, than to have 2 games about to start and not having players for one of them, leaving people in that roster frustrated that they can't start their fun.

Since there is no difference between both games, you don't have to sign-up to a specific one! The usual "name, pronoun, time zone" is sufficient.
Then, once the sign-up periods for both games end, players will be placed into either Red or Blue.
You deserve an oran berry, you absolute madman. Here I come bois
https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Flessons-pokemon-can-teach-you-about-friendship%2Fbe+a+badass.gif