• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
FrBtEoy.png

Banner by Pedro

Hi hi, everyone, and welcome to our new Official Thread! This is our third season in here, and we're ready with more games of deception and murder for you!

If you were ever curious about the Mafia game and wanted to give it a shot, jump in! Our community is friendly and welcoming, and you'll surely make friends along the way.
hZvcndb.png

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment.

The game is divided in two phases: Day and Night. During the Day, all players discuss and decide on someone to voted out of the game. During the Night, the Mafia secretly chooses another person to be removed.

Town wins when all the Mafia players are gone, and Mafia wins when they match or outnumber the Town players.
q12G3S3.png

Playing a game with us is very simple. All you have to do is fill this form and post it as a reply to this thread. New players always get priority!

Pronoun:
Time zone:
Game:

If you wish so, you can request a mentorship from one of our veteran players to guide you through your first game (more on that in the following posts).
QCr16l0.png

Please use other players' pronouns when provided. We want our community to be inclusive, and we take this seriously.

A Mafia game is a significant time commitment. Our games can take about a month to end, and you'll be expected to post and contribute to the ongoing discussion to help your team win.

Finally, don't forget to follow ResetEra's ToS and Member Etiquette. Though this is a game about lies and deception and things can get heated, this is just a game at the end of the day and we're all here to have fun.

But most importantly, welcome! Through various games, gambits, jokes, wins, losses, upsets, betrayals and triumphs we have formed a community of individuals who have become something like a family. We hope you will join us in our love of this game and give it a shot, you never know what might happen.

- The MafiEra Overseer Team (CaptainNuevo, Dr. Monkey, Fireblend, Pedro, Sawneeks, and Sophia)

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Zeif5O5.jpg

Banner by Faddy
7wtcjoS.png

Gf5IPkF.jpg

Game: MafiEra Mafia: Day of the Blargonaut
Gamerunner: Grizzly
Players: 27

Olb8Ksj.png

Season 12

They Might Be Giants Mafia |OT| Everybody Dies Frustrated And Sad, And That Is Beautiful by Apopheniac

Game of Thrones Mafia - We're All Bastards Here by Natiko and Pirate Bae

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.9 ReMIX Mafia |OT| 358/2 Scum by Grizzly

Conspiracy Mafia |OT| - Where paranoia is part of the flavour by Fran

BREXIT MAFIA PHASE 2 | Border-Line Insanity! by cabot

Gif Mafia: Red Version by Pedro

Gif Mafia: Blue Version by Pedro

List of Season 10 games

List of Season 11 games

Special thanks to all team members who helped during the previous season and our wonderful gamerunners for creating, and running, those games! Thank you:

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
XfvTjEf.png

Outer Mafia
Our supporting website. You will need to sign up and get an account here to play with us since this is where we host spectators' chats, and other relevant in-game threads. It's also where planning boards are hosted (for aspiring future gamerunners). Here is the link.

Outer Mafia Discord
Created by Fireblend and now managed by the Discord Team, this is our server where we talk just about anything. PM one of the Discord Team members to get an invite link.

Gaming communities
Steam: Outer Mafia, managed by Roytheone.
PSN: OuterMafia, managed by RetroMG.
MafiEra D&D 5e PBP Campaign, managed by Sawneeks

Game documents
Mafia Championships
Beginning in 2016 our community has been invited to the annual Mafia Championships hosted by Mafia Universe. Over 225 different forum mafia communities have participated in this event with hundreds of different players over the years. Representing us in these games are:
  • Sorian , who played in Season 3, Game 5; then the Final Game and got 4th place!
  • Ty4on and Natiko played in Season 4, Game 8!
  • Our latest champions: Dr. Monkey with CaptainNuevo as a back-up! Monkey has played in Season 5, Game 7, in Wildcard Game 2, and in the finals!
Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you during a game. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. You and your mentor will be given a private thread on Outer Mafia to talk with one another and we do not make these threads public after the game has ended unless requested. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

For veteran players, if you would like to offer your assistance to the mentorship program please contact Sawneeks, or let us know in this thread. Do note, mentors are not allowed to play in the same game where they are mentoring a player.

NXhnteB.png

Overseers
Responsible for overseeing all teams
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Dr. Monkey
  • Fireblend
  • Pedro
  • Sawneeks
  • Sophia
Discord Team
Responsible for keeping peace in Discord, creating and removing rooms as needed, and giving and revoking access to private rooms.
  • Barrylocke
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
  • Sophia
Outer Mafia Team
Responsible for creating boards and giving access to them
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Natiko
  • RetroMG
  • Rover
Review Team
Responsible for receiving new Mafia game submissions and coordinating gamerunners and reviewers to get games ready to run
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
Scheduling Team
Responsible for scheduling games, creating rosters, and keeping analytics
  • Dr. Monkey
  • melonrabbit
  • Sawneeks

We want to thank everyone who has been part of this community over the years: people that made things run smoothly from behind the scenes, that promoted our games in other places, that helped them play and look better, that created entertaining designs for our players, that are always interested in playing with us more and more, and that we became friends with, and make us feel welcomed in here.

Last edited:

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
CURRENT ROSTERS

MafiEra Mafia:
1. [m] ShadowSwordMaster - CST - NEW - Mentored by roytheone
2. [they] Zubz - EST
3. [m] Brazil - GMT-3
4. [m] Blargonaut - GMT-3
5. [f] Pirate Bae - UTC+4.30
6. [m] Fran - GMT-3
7. [m] Sorian - MST
8. [m] cabot - GMT
9. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+13
10. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
11. [m] Terraforce - GMT-5
12. [m] FluxWaveZ - GMT-5
13. [m] Kawl - CST
14. [m] rac - GMT-5
15. [m] Natiko - GMT-5
16. [m] malus - UTC+1
17. [m] turmoil7 - GMT-3
18. [f] KetKat - EST
19. [m] Fandorin - GMT-3
20. [m] Kyanrute - UTC+2
21. [f] Dr. Monkey - GMT-5
22. [f] Sophia - GMT-5
23. [m] TheChuggernaut - CST
24. [m] Giant Panda - EST
25. [m] Faddy - UTC
26. [m] AbsolutBro - GMT-5
27. [m] Geno - UTC

Replacements:

[m] Fantomas
[m] CCS
[m] Apopheniac - GMT-5
[m] SalvaPot[f] faircure - EST
[f] Sawneeks - PST
[m] nin
[m] Lone_Prodigy
[m] EzekelRAGE - CST
[m] Kalor - GMT
[f] Swamped
[m] CoolestSpot

Last edited:

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No, no I thank YOU Dr. Monkey for creating this thread and keeping everything together.

I raise my Glas of wine to you.

Include

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the smell of a new OT? Yes, yes it is! Thank you Mafiera team, your work is greatly appreciated.

Nice games line up too.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
...Is that Kingdom Hearts Mafia?

Edit: Ah it's just the season 12 banner. Damnit!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
In the interest of staying the fuck away from anything GoT related (until I catch up since I've only watched the first two seasons), I'll be avoiding that whole game. Not even spectating it.

*nod nod*

Also nice OT

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Even if I didn't like got, it would still be fun to be the Olly to splinter/melon's Jon and Ygritte

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
If GoT starts on or after the weekend of Aug.4th, count me in, baby.
If it starts before, put me in replaceeee.

He/him
EST
Game of Thrones

Btw, late thanks to Pedro for the player data sheet. great job, man!!

EDIT: great banner, Faddy. I love the foreshadowing :o

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone wondering I would guess GOT will start mid to late next week. That's not set in stone, but just so you have a rough idea. Depends on sign ups closing and what not.

In the interest of staying the fuck away from anything GoT related (until I catch up since I've only watched the first two seasons), I'll be avoiding that whole game. Not even spectating it.

*nod nod*

Also nice OT
God speed. I feel like last season if I didn't watch them live I inevitably got spoiled on a major moment even if I tried to avoid them.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
God speed. I feel like last season if I didn't watch them live I inevitably got spoiled on a major moment even if I tried to avoid them.

Haha, the only thing (I know) that I got spoiled on was the references in South Park. I don't engage in GoT discussions/threads either nor do I look stuff up on YT/reddit/etc.

It's all I can do and if I get spoiled, then urgh but at least I've done everything I can (which I have and have thankfully not been spoiled on anything apart from what I just said :D )

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
He/It/Egg/Hey Stupid
That timezone where i miss everything good and people scumread me for it. (Gmt +12)
GoT

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'M BACK

Absolutbro
M
EST
no game preference
Welcome back AB!! <3

*nod nod*

Also nice OT

oh man, just wait until [redacted] and [redacted] do [redacted]. crazy stuff, stu :p

I'm down to play.

He
EST
GoT

Hello darkness my old friend.

He
PST
Game of thrones

Welcome!

Have fun everyone <3

No Brazil for these games? :<

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
He
EST
Whichever

And is that Kingdom Hearts I smell? Don't play with me Faddy, I'm not above grabbing a large key and opening up all of your doors at night.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
If EzekelRAGE is in GoT, he should be the tunnel under the ice wall

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pronoun: She/Her
Timezone: NZ
Game: of Thrones

This time I won't fuck myself out of a good game.