• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Back to priority discussions...

I have made a spreadsheet with how I think priority should be calculated, updated through House of Horrors. You can see it here

(I will make a version with 999 included, if people want)

The basics are the same as what was discussed beforehand with the depreciation system. A small boost for dying early and half scores for replacements and New players. I think that solves all the issues that have been raised in both the old system and the new system.

The sheet I created can be easily updated after every game too. So I am not just propsing a new system and making others do the work.

Here is the philosophy of the weighting system.

cXBehzm.png

Number of games played is still the most important factor.

There are a few additional tweaks that you can see on the sheet.
Normally a player scores 1 point for each game played unless...
1. If a player is killed early they score 0.96 - this gives priority over other players in the same sign up phase but not any previous ones
2. If someone is a replacement they are given a score of 0.5, the player they replace scores 1 point
3. NEW players score 0.5 points for their first game. This ensures their priority for the next and future games.

Each phase score is multiplied by the weighting and summed for the priority score. Players with higher scores are lower in priority.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy Not to stifle discussion or anything, but there will be our usual review thread going up in a few days and this topic is one of the focal points so probably best to not dive too deep until that opens up as an FYI. Not being dismissive, just letting everyone know.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy Not to stifle discussion or anything, but there will be our usual review thread going up in a few days and this topic is one of the focal points so probably best to not dive too deep until that opens up as an FYI. Not being dismissive, just letting everyone know.

It is just a post for information so people can see what proposed changes would look like.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna start that thread on OM for priority discussions early next week. Probably the strategy thread then, too. Let Sorian do whatever he's doing over there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.