• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Post

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
image4170.png

Thanks to Fireblend for the banner, and Verelios for the title!

Hi hi, everyone, and welcome to our new Official Thread! This is our fourth season in here, and we're ready with more games of deception and murder for you!

If you were ever curious about the Mafia game and wanted to give it a shot, jump in! Our community is friendly and welcoming, and you'll surely make friends along the way, and we have help and support for new players interested in getting into mafia.

hZvcndb.png

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game pitting two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment.

The game is divided in two phases: Day and Night. During the Day, all players discuss and decide on someone to voted out of the game. During the Night, the Mafia secretly chooses another person to be removed.

Town wins when all the Mafia players are gone, and Mafia wins when they match or outnumber the Town players.

q12G3S3.png

Playing a game with us is very simple. When we are accepting signups for a game, all you have to do is fill out this form and post it as a reply to this thread. New players always get priority!

Pronoun:
Time zone:
Game:

If you wish, you can request a mentorship from one of our veteran players to guide you through your first game (more on that in the following posts).

QCr16l0.png

Please use other players' indicated pronouns when provided. We want our community to be inclusive, and we take this seriously.

A Mafia game is a significant time commitment. Our games can take about a month to play, and you'll be expected to post and contribute to the ongoing discussion to help your team win.

Finally, don't forget to follow ResetEra's ToS and Member Etiquette. Though this is a game about lies and deception and things can get heated, this is just a game at the end of the day and we're all here to have fun.

But most importantly, welcome! Through various games, gambits, jokes, wins, losses, upsets, betrayals and triumphs we have formed a community of individuals who have become something like a family. We hope you will join us in our love of this game and give it a shot. You never know what might happen.

- The MafiEra Overseer Team (CaptainNuevo, Dr. Monkey, Fireblend, Pedro, Sawneeks, and Sophia)

Last edited:
Current Games

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
7wtcjoS.png

v5XBQvG.png

Game: The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street (Mafia)
Gamerunner: Dr. Monkey
Players: 15
Complexity: Role Madness

Maple Street, USA, late summer. A tree-lined little world of front porch gliders, hopscotch, the laughter of children, and the bell of an ice cream vendor.

So many stories begin like this, in an idyllic moment. So many stories will end here.

Completed Games - Season 13

IER0LMl.png

Game: The Mansion
Gamerunner: Brazil
Players: 24
Complexity: Unusual
The ever-imposing Mansion sits atop the hills overlooking the city - and you're one of the select few to be invited into its halls to partake in the long-awaited gala. Wearing your custom-made mask and holding dearly to the unopened envelope you were told to carry with you at all times, you step off the car and through the silver gates...

(24 players, unusual setup but not bastard :P)

YVkeBVR.png
Game: Simon Says
Gamerunner: Pedro
Players: 14

It's the end of the month, you and your friends planned a small gathering one last time before the break is over. You all decide your friend's penthouse would be the best place to host the party, and that's where you are tonight.

After a few drinks, the party host speaks up:
"Hey, everyone, how about we play a small game? Like, Simon Says?"

"noooooo", says one of your friends.

"Party games are lame", says another.

"I don't want to, I'm shy", you, maybe.

Your friend continues:
"Come onn, it will be fun! Just imagine us following commands all tipsy like this. Here, I can put a twist on it: every person that loses a round dies!"

Everyone but the host, including you, nervously looks at each other.

"It was just a joke, y'all, nothing will happen in this game! Hey, you", the host points at you, "what do you say?"

You think Mafia would be a way better party game, but you don't have the energy to argue right now. "Sure, why not", you answer, and now you're playing a round of Simon Says.

e9dobSH.png

Game: 999
Gamerunner: Faddy
Players: 9

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Mafia

Welcome to the Nonary Game!

999 Mafia is a 9 player game with 7 town and 2 mafia. There are no power roles.

Each player will be randomly given a number 1 to 9 then self select themselves into smaller groups to find the mafia.

The game will have a maximum of 9 phases. Each phase will last 24 Hours. Phases will start and end at 2200 UTC.

It is recommended that first-time players in our community do not sign up for 999.

g3829.png

Game: Grand Mini Mafia 5
Gamerunners: Fireblend & Stuart444
Players: 13
Complexity: Special - Semi-open C9++ (see more here on this generated setup)

This game will be a costume game (!!) run on Outer Mafia. Players, upon receiving their roles, will also receive a login for a special account on Outer Mafia. Players will be required to use this assigned account to participate in the game. Please note: mini mafia games do not impact priority for future games!

Olb8Ksj.png

List of Seasons 1 - 9 games

List of Season 10 games

List of Season 11 games

List of Season 12 games

Special thanks to all team members who helped during the previous season and our wonderful gamerunners for creating, and running, those games! Thank you:

Last edited:
Resources

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
XfvTjEf.png

Outer Mafia
Our supporting website. You will need to sign up and get an account here to play with us since this is where we host spectator chats, and other relevant in-game threads. Here is the link.

Outer Mafia Discord
Created by Fireblend and now managed by the Discord Team, this is our server where we talk just about anything. PM one of the Discord Team members to get an invite link.

Gaming communities
Steam: OuterMafia, managed by Roytheone.
PSN: OuterMafia, managed by RetroMG.
MafiEra D&D 5e PBP Campaign, managed by Sawneeks.

Game documents
Interested in running your own Mafia game? Click here for more info!

Mafia Championships
Beginning in 2016 our community has been invited to the annual Mafia Championships hosted by Mafia Universe. Over 225 different forum mafia communities have participated in this event with hundreds of different players over the years. Representing us in these games are:
  • Sorian, who played in Season 3, Game 5; then the Final Game and got 4th place!
  • Ty4on and Natiko played in Season 4, Game 8!
  • Our latest champions: Dr. Monkey with CaptainNuevo as a back-up! Monkey has played in Season 5, Game 7, in Wildcard Game 2, and in the finals!
Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you during a game. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. You and your mentor will be given a private thread on Outer Mafia to talk with one another and we do not make these threads public after the game has ended unless requested. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

For veteran players, if you would like to offer your assistance to the mentorship program please contact Sawneeks, or let us know in this thread. Do note, mentors are not allowed to play in the same game where they are mentoring a player.

NXhnteB.png

Overseers
Responsible for overseeing all teams
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Dr. Monkey
  • Fireblend
  • Pedro
  • Sawneeks
  • Sophia
Discord Team
Responsible for keeping peace in Discord, creating and removing rooms as needed, and giving and revoking access to private rooms.
  • Barrylocke
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
  • Sophia
Outer Mafia Team
Responsible for creating boards and giving access to them
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Natiko
  • RetroMG
  • Rover
Review Team
Responsible for receiving new Mafia game submissions and coordinating gamerunners and reviewers to get games ready to run
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
Scheduling Team
Responsible for scheduling games, creating rosters, and keeping analytics
  • Dr. Monkey
  • melonrabbit
  • Sawneeks

We want to thank everyone who has been part of this community over the years: people that made things run smoothly from behind the scenes, that promoted our games in other places, that helped them play and look better, that created entertaining designs for our players, that are always interested in playing with us more and more, and that we became friends with, and make us feel welcomed in here.

Last edited:
Current Game Rosters

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Current game roster!

Maple Street Mafia
[he/him] Fireblend GMT-6
[he/him] Fantomas CDT
[he/him] Z-Beat PST
[they/them] Aeleus GMT
[he/him] Zippedpinhead UTC-5
[she/her] weemadarthur CDT
[he/they] saenima GMT
[he/him] CaptainNuevo PDT
[he/him] Stuart444 GMT
[he/him] flatearthpandas GMT+9
[he/him] Ynnek7 EST
[he/him] EzekelRAGE CST
[he/him] Kopite GMT+8
[he/him] WhySoDevious GMT-6
[he/him] Lone_Prodigy EST

Replacements
[he/him] Vincent Alexander GMT-6
[he/him] Kalor GMT
[he/him] StanleyPalmtree GMT+12
[he/him] TheChuggernaut CST
[he/him] Faddy UTC

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We are adjusting the title since our attempt to be clever didn't work. But signups are OPEN and we'll be testdriving the new priority system for these games!

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Pronoun: He
Time Zone: GMT+2
Game: Mansion

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
also
hey_monkey
she/her
timezone: EST
game: DO I HAVE A PREFERENCE? DOES IT MATTER? I AM HANDLING SIGNUPS MUHAHAHAHAHA

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pronoun: he/him
Timezone: gmt

After the Pizza Rollercoaster Ride, i'm pretty sure i wanna give it a go and try a game with all you wonderful folks. I've never played Mafia before and i'll probably suck at it but what matters is having fun right?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
To stay in my self-imposed Mafia exile or not...

It's already been, what, like a whole week or something?

That's a long time...

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

After the Pizza Rollercoaster Ride, i'm pretty sure i wanna give it a go and try a game with all you wonderful folks. I've never played Mafia before and i'll probably suck at it but what matters is having fun right?
If it's what got you to sign up then my suffering was well worth it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to see these games run! Spec thread isn't up yet, but I'll start taking notes of those that asked for it and I'll get you in once it's up.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Pronoun: She
Time zone: GMT+13

Fuck it

Yay Kitsune ^_^

Remember saenima, you can ask for a mentor if you want!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Okokokokok

Just because it's Brazil's game and I love Brazil. <3

He/Him
CST
The Mansion

rpW0GwO.gif

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Mmm, I sure do love that new thread smell. It gets my heart fluttering just like dirtying fresh snow.

Zone: EST
Game: Either

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I do want a mentor. I should just contact @Brazil about it since he's the gamerunner right?
Yep, as long as you mention it in here they'll get a mentor for you. Also, as someone who had a mentor in my first game, good decision, I highly recommend asking for one because it really helped me out a lot in my first game.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Zone: EST
Game: Simon Says

Been a while guys! Been busy, but I think I can finally dedicate some time to a game. A smaller game like Simon Says would be perfect!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while guys! Been busy, but I think I can finally dedicate some time to a game. A smaller game like Simon Says would be perfect!

Well if the review thread is anything to go by, small games may become something more regular for people who can't dedicate time to the bigger games.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
To stay in my self-imposed Mafia exile or not...

It's already been, what, like a whole week or something?

That's a long time...
Fantomas, Mafia Player. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first Neutrally town scum. Fantomas will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
one of our lovely OM folks can set you up. The mentor thread will be a thread between you and your mentor (privately of course) over on OM.

Yep, as long as you mention it in here they'll get a mentor for you. Also, as someone who had a mentor in my first game, good decision, I highly recommend asking for one because it really helped me out a lot in my first game.

i've been reading a bit on Mafia rules and roles and stuff. It's fairly complicated to have everything present in your head once you get past the basics.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

i've been reading a bit on Mafia rules and roles and stuff. It's fairly complicated to have everything present in your head once you get past the basics.

Once you get used to it, you'll be fine. Any questions on terminology can also be asked of your mentor :)

Hope you enjoy the game and become a regular!

Status
Not open for further replies.