• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
First, thanks for the kind answer!

That sounds nice but it seems like you've got enough members to fill the roster already? If a sign-up means that someone else has to be taken out then I'm not comfortable doing so.
Don't worry about that. It's great seeing new faces interested in playing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
please hold on those rosters

edited to explain: a couple people got missed (it happens; we posted a lot in a few days; I blame gifs, so many gifs) so we have to make updates and adjustments. we will have new rosters ASAP.

Last edited:

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
First, thanks for the kind answer!

That sounds nice but it seems like you've got enough members to fill the roster already? If a sign-up means that someone else has to be taken out then I'm not comfortable doing so.
Actually, now that signups have ended, signing up now would mean you would go into the replacement list, in case anyone drops out.
If you're not interested in that, keep an eye on the thread! More games are on the way :D

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Wasn't mansion 25 players?
giphy.gif

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I can always go all out D1, spend all my time defending that D2 only to be lynched for it :P

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, now that signups have ended, signing up now would mean you would go into the replacement list, in case anyone drops out.
If you're not interested in that, keep an eye on the thread! More games are on the way :D

I'll just keep an eye here to familiarize myself with the system before joining a future game then.

Thanks everyone!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just keep an eye here to familiarize myself with the system before joining a future game then.

Thanks everyone!

if you make an account at outermafia.com

and post what the account name is here, one of the OM crew can approve it and give you spec thread access when the spec thread is up. It's a good way to talk with others (including the gamerunner) while the game is running.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
if you make an account at outermafia.com

and post what the account name is here, one of the OM crew can approve it and give you spec thread access when the spec thread is up. It's a good way to talk with others (including the gamerunner) while the game is running.

Just made it, same user as here.

OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's try this again....

The Mansion
1. [m] saenima - GMT - NEW Mentored by Fireblend
2. [m] BronsonLee - EST - NEW
3. [They/Them] Aeleus - GMT - NEW Mentored by Roytheone
4. [m] WhySoDevious - GMT-6 - NEW Mentored by Sophia
5. [f] Kitsunelaine - GMT+13
6. [m] Kalor - GMT
7. [m] Stuart444 - GMT
8. [m] LuxCommander - CST
9. [m] Grizzly - GMT+2
10. [m] Zippedpinhead - CST
11. [m] B-Dubs - EST
12. [-] Godfather - CST
13. [m] Z-Beat - PST
14. [m] Flatearthpandas - GMT+9
15. [m] Kopite - GMT+8
16. [m] Hecht - PST
17. [m] Muffin - GMT+1
18. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+13
19. [m] Fat4All - EST
20. [f] Melonrabbit - PST
21. [m] *Splinter - GMT
22. [m] SaucyKaz - EST
23. [f] girlofgotham - GMT
24. [f] weemadarthur - CST

Simon Says
1. [f] swamped - EST
2. [m] Verelios - EST
3. [m] exodus - EST
4. [m] Meatwad - EST
5. [m] Fran - GMT-3
6. [m] SalvaPot - PST
7. [m] malus - CET
8. [f] Apollo - EST
9. [m] DCPat - CET
10. [m] Never Forever - GMT
11. [m] TheChuggernaut - CST
12. [m] Faddy - UTC
13. [m] cabot - UTC
14. [m] EzekelRAGE - CST

Replacements
1. [m] turmoil7 - GMT-3
2. [m] Fandorin - GMT-3
3. [m] FluxWaveZ - EST
4. [m] Blargonaut - GMT
5. [m] Lone_Prodigy - PST
6. [f] Dr. Monkey - EST

Brazil and Pedro will announce when their boards and games will start soon!

Just so folks are updated, the earlier rosters were incorrect (and if you have no idea what i'm talking about just uh, ignore this). Mansion did not change but Simon Says and the replacement list got moved around. Swamped and Meatwad are now in Simon Says, somehow we missed them both the first time around. FluxWaveZ and Dr. Monkey were put in replacements and that got shuffled a bit as well. I'm really, really sorry about that, I'm not sure how that all happened. rac if you would like to be on replacements just use the sign up format and I can place you in, we didn't add you because it wasn't done by the time we made this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'll probably just take spec thread honestly, even though I know people hate it when I do that.

I don't think I do well as a replacement, I need to be in from the start in order to really plant myself firmly in the game.
Just given how my brain is today I need to triple check this. You for sure want off the list and into spec, yeah?

Oh, depending on how early I die, You can put me on the replacement list for the other game if that's cool
Remind us again when/if you die and we can do that. :>

Just made it, same user as here.
Welcome by the way!!

Hey! What happn to interim incorrect roster to which people have referred??
Got removed so people wouldn't get confused. :x

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just given how my brain is today I need to triple check this. You for sure want off the list and into spec, yeah?
I'd love the chance to play, but yeah, hanging out that low on the replacement list would probably kill me. I need to be able to talk about the games. I can't just sit around and silently watch them. I barely made it through the 8 hours I had to wait to replace into MafiEra without exploding.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
B-Dubs has played before?
Do I know Kopite under a former name, or just not know kopite?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I have asked about this before (and I think someone else, too). It was unpopular due to giving people a potential edge just from discussing the game, but meh, I think it would help to keep replacements interested and maybe more likely to be up to date.

I think the main issue would be if two people replace in and one is mafia while the other is town. One of them (Mafia most likely) may need to change their perspectives from what they were discussing in such a thread. The replacement town may notice that and use it against them.

Besides that, I like the idea of a replacement thread.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the main issue would be if two people replace in and one is mafia while the other is town. One of them (Mafia most likely) may need to change their perspectives from what they were discussing in such a thread. The replacement town may notice that and use it against them.

Besides that, I like the idea of a replacement thread.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. There would basically be a meta game that's happening in the replacement chat which would be kind of nuts

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you recently signed up on Outer Mafia with the name Ecofapem, please PM me on Era so I can approve your account.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I have asked about this before (and I think someone else, too). It was unpopular due to giving people a potential edge just from discussing the game, but meh, I think it would help to keep replacements interested and maybe more likely to be up to date.
Yeah, I was one of the people concerned with the idea. I continue to posit you could only do it if you indicated players shouldn't be actively trying to solve the game amongst each other and instead are more commenting on the events. It's a fine line to walk, because more so if you let them all discuss alignments and one subs in they now could get to play as a town player that had 8 invisible masons helping them suss out alignments.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was one of the people concerned with the idea. I continue to posit you could only do it if you indicated players shouldn't be actively trying to solve the game amongst each other and instead are more commenting on the events. It's a fine line to walk, because more so if you let them all discuss alignments and one subs in they now could get to play as a town player that had 8 invisible masons helping them suss out alignments.
Yeah, I could see a replacement chat being kind of hard to moderate for a gamerunner. Like, I suppose the threat of being removed for trying to solve or whatever could be a thing, but then what constitutes being "solvy" in replacement chat?

I just feel like it might be a lot to ask for gamerunners to try to moderate that kind of a chat that would need to be really light on actual game discussions outside of things like "Wow, I can't believe CeeCee shot Stan in the middle of the day. I have no comment on what I think of his alignment though."

And I say this as someone who would absolutely love to have some kind of a replacement chat lol.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Fireblend A cool addition to the vote tool would be a kind of spell checker. So if someone misspelled a name it would automatically chose the one possible target that is closest to the given input (something like Levenshtein distance), for example "Splinter" -> "*Splinter". Though that would go from purely reporting what's in the game thread to guessing what was actually meant so I understand if that is not always desirable.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fireblend A cool addition to the vote tool would be a kind of spell checker. So if someone misspelled a name it would automatically chose the one possible target that is closest to the given input (something like Levenshtein distance), for example "Splinter" -> "*Splinter". Though that would go from purely reporting what's in the game thread to guessing what was actually meant so I understand if that is not always desirable.
Yeah that's part of the reason I changed it so people have to type out the names correctly. It will correct wrong capitalization, but not outright misspellings. As you say, adding "correction" behavior would introduce ambiguity.

On the other hand locking down the names like that allowed the tool to not show bad info, like multiple votes for the same person being split into different spellings of the name, using proper capitalization for users, only showing posts from players in the post count sections, and the player detail pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.