• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OKAY

So i need a mentor (can I have sophia pls)

but I think I could (in theory) manage smaller games of mafia like mini mafia or ONUW or what have you

big games tend to be time sink and a sanity sink as well

What could I do to be better?

You can only request a mentor once you're playing in a game, so you can do that next time you sign up! As for Mafia advices, I'd say study old games. Since those games are over, you'll know the players' alignments and their agendas, and know whether they're being honest or not. See how well they respond to pressure, what happens when people trust them; if they become a lynch target, what went wrong that made Town consider removing them from the game. Stuff like that, find a player you think play Mafia well, see what they do to make you think they play well, and try to replicate those strategies.

Also has Simon Says started yet?

It has! https://www.resetera.com/threads/si...d-never-lie-to-you-please-do-what-i-say.98803

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Today's Votetool changelog:
  • Players that die or are replaced during a day phase will have any current vote invalidated.
  • Dead players will no longer appear as not having a vote down in the vote status tooltip.
  • Added the list of inactive voters to the BBCode that gets copied for in-thread votecounts.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ooh, Penguin only played in Power Rangers Maf since we came to Era, and in that game people used the fake accounts. Maybe you don't even have an acc on OM :D
That could be it - at the very least there isn't an account with the name "Penguin" currently.

Ha I looked through all my e-mails and roster list and was like none of them seemed to be me

I guess that would explain it haha

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I can't seem to view the spectator chat for GoT mafia on OuterMaf. Can someone grant me access to that? Thanks :)

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I can't seem to view the spectator chat for GoT mafia on OuterMaf. Can someone grant me access to that? Thanks :)
Here's the thread, in case you couldn't find it: https://outermafia.com/index.php?threads/231/
You can get to it by clicking on the S12 category and scrolling down to the thread list past the game subforums.

I already let the OM team know to double-check your access rights :)

Edit: You have access.

Vote Tool 2.0 Update 3! Now with post count location!

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm happy to announce I have pushed yet another new version of the vote tool, with a particularly exciting addition: after months of trying to figure out a way to do it, I FINALLY am able to construct URLs that will lead to the search results for all of a player's posts in a particular thread! Which means you no longer have to use Era's search UI to do your ISOs!

Check it out here: https://vote.fireblend.com/98803/

Quick change rundown:
BSxzB9I.png

As always, feedback is appreciated. I think this change may have broken the mobile UI, so do know I'll be tackling that soon.
Edit: The change didn't break the mobile UI but you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the play counts like before. I'll be working on that.
Cheers!

Last edited:
MafiEra ISO Tool

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Now that I can build search URLs easily, I have crafted a new userscript:

[MafiEra ISO Tool]

Get ISO links from the game thread itself!
This userscript adds a handy ISO link under every player's avatar:

In order to use it just install a userscript engine like TamperMonkey if you haven't already, and install the script from the link above.
Also, it works throughout all of Era, not just our game threads, so it might come in handy in other scenarios :)

Enjoy!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

[MafiEra ISO Tool]

In order to use it just install a userscript engine like TamperMonkey if you haven't already, and install the script from the link above.
Also, it works throughout all of Era, not just our game threads, so it might come in handy in other scenarios :)

Enjoy!
giphy.gif

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

[MafiEra ISO Tool]

Enjoy!

All hail fire!

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

[MafiEra ISO Tool]

Enjoy!

Can you do this same thing, except have it pull their quotes from the scum chat? Would really make things easier on a lot of us.

Thanks!

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017

[MafiEra ISO Tool]

Enjoy!

This is beautiful. You are amazing!!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The iso change is amazing.

....am I a bad person if I don't think being replaced should automatically invalidate a vote? That "spot" had no game related action happen to it. The replacement should be on the hook to unvote and if they don't for whatever reason than the predecessors vote stands.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, now I can have an easier time finding someone's hot take that got them banned in a thread. My only real favorite past time on era.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The iso change is amazing.

....am I a bad person if I don't think being replaced should automatically invalidate a vote? That "spot" had no game related action happen to it. The replacement should be on the hook to unvote and if they don't for whatever reason than the predecessors vote stands.
I asked some game runners and they agreed replaced player votes should be invalidated, but we can always discuss this here (since the next review thread is some ways off still), I don't have a problem reversing that change if people disagree with that interpretation. Or I could add a gamerunner vote-invalidation command and have it be up to them :)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(I mean, if it's no thing, then just add the option for the gamerunner to invalidate votes, that seems like it would have a lot of good uses, like removing those terrible misspelled votes)

But, yeah, whenever I ran a game, I always let replacement votes stand, it's no different than if someone showed up to vote then ghosted the thread for the rest of the day, a replacement isn't a full reset on that role, all their other actions obviously still happened (also fringe cases where a day has a locked rule vote would bash into an issue as well)

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has never run a game, I fall wholeheartedly on the side of "checkable option" so game runners can choose their method.

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the problem with subbed out people, that there could be two votes from one "spot" messing with the vote count in crucial times when the replacement comes in and votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.