• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I saw it, but I'm pretty sure everyone's heard about my weird mafia dreams about a billion times.

I have had a couple of Mafia related dreams. One was about Sorian and a couple of other people breaking into my house to search for evidence that I was scum in a mafia game.
Another was that I came home to find everyone in the community had decided to have a party at my house, and I was running around frantically trying to clean up and also keep people out of the messier parts of my house.

Oh good so I'm not the only one that has had dreams about playing it in real life. Part of that dream I had where Fireblend betrayed me involved that. I dreamed I was hired with some dude by a rich family in the boonies to hang out with the grandfather and the spoiled teen daughter in case someone broke in. It was a good paying gig and the guy I worked with was nice but later when I went to post in the new mafia game I saw that Fireblend had posted a photo of the back of the grandfather with the cryptic line of "I'll be watching your back Loki." It was then I realized that the dude I worked with was Fireblend.

That's partly why I felt betrayed since he posted a pic of our client and didn't tell me who he was, but also because scum killed me N1 because they assumed I was powered. :<
I dreamed I was playing the game during Mafiera, it proved a setback as I was scum and couldn't remember what reads I gave in the game and what in the dream -.-
That sounds horrible :o I mainly had dreams about saying the wrong thing and getting lunched for it, though one of my biggest fears was accidentally posting something meant for my night chat in the main thread. XD

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
LiS roster is wild, going to be fun haha. Can I please get spec access?
You should have spec btw, or else Sorian lied to me in modchat!
It was then I realized that the dude I worked with was Fireblend.
giphy.gif

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a random fun fact, just because I happened to just see it. Before we moved to Discord, Mod Chats were held on Google Hangouts. I still have a mod chat listed in my chats from back in Season 5.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Here's a random fun fact, just because I happened to just see it. Before we moved to Discord, Mod Chats were held on Google Hangouts. I still have a mod chat listed in my chats from back in Season 5.

I messaged you all, but no one responded :(

Good old Harry Potter memories.
Me rushing into the chat after having put out the wrong role pm's. Crying and not knowing what to do.
Me rushing into the chat after having killed the wrong person in the game lol.

Thanks RetroMG and spider for the support that time hahahah.

Fond memories :p

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...aw hell. I missed signup lol

Anyways, replacement I guess

He/Him
No pref
CST

Also, best game is Star Wars

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I messaged you all, but no one responded :(

Good old Harry Potter memories.
Me rushing into the chat after having put out the wrong role pm's. Crying and not knowing what to do.
Me rushing into the chat after having killed the wrong person in the game lol.

Thanks RetroMG and spider for the support that time hahahah.

Fond memories :p

As is true in many things, more thanks is owed to Spider than to me :) I think I was running Nightvale right then anyway.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, everyone. Real talk time.

We need games. We need people willing to run games. We need people willing to design games. If you want a co-designer or a design mentor, we can find you one. If you want to watch a game being run and participate in mod chat, we can make that happen. We can do whatever we need to do to make sure people are comfortable making and running games, but we are again running short on games and we need people making games or adopting games that have been made.

Please let someone know if you have questions, need help, etc.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We need games. We need people willing to run games. We need people willing to design games. If you want a co-designer or a design mentor, we can find you one. If you want to watch a game being run and participate in mod chat, we can make that happen. We can do whatever we need to do to make sure people are comfortable making and running games, but we are again running short on games and we need people making games or adopting games that have been made.

I've definitely been mulling over some ideas for designing a game, but I'm always worried about working on a theme for a bit and then finding out that someone else is already working on it or just not knowing and sniping it from them. Is there anywhere that we can figure out who has staked a claim where?

Oct 27, 2017
Since Geno kindly let's me work with him (really I forced myself upon him :)), I'll try to help with HvV2.

Afterwards I probably would like to try to run a game. I've got an idea. Next steps would be designing a first version, get a board on OM and find two reviewers?

Is there anywhere that we can figure out who has staked a claim where?
Good call, the game creation section on OM is hidden, so the majority can't say what is being worked on.

I'll take dips on Attack on Titan. Yeah, you've read it here first Brazil Terraforce TearablePuns turmoil7

Last edited:

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's time to either take a shot at WWE2 or Harry Potter 2.

I mean i would also love to just run a plain old fashioned mafia mafia game.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom

Still slowly but surely figuring out our planned game. Also had so many other ideas as well

Oct 25, 2017

I think I got a bit overzealous with the Red Dead Redemption 2 mafia and I just kind of trashed it. I was kicking around the idea of a Toonami or a Hamilton mafia, but I don't know if anyone would be into those. I also have a weird idea for a Groundhog Day mafia where day 1 just repeats over and over, but I think I need to run a normal game first before I try that nonsense. I'll see if I can get something together.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think I got a bit overzealous with the Red Dead Redemption 2 mafia and I just kind of trashed it. I was kicking around the idea of a Toonami or a Hamilton mafia, but I don't know if anyone would be into those. I also have a weird idea for a Groundhog Day mafia where day 1 just repeats over and over, but I think I need to run a normal game first before I try that nonsense. I'll see if I can get something together.

Don't underestimate the fun of a normal mafia game. Normal games are such a pleasure to run aswell as play in

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Can I see the RDR2 stuff you had? Overzealous isn't really a word in my dictionary, I can help you if you want.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking I wouldn't worry too much about what themes are or aren't already out there. First off there aren't a ton of approved/actively in development games. If you really are concerned just ask and one of us can take a quick glance at what is actively in development and let you know. Plus if it's a theme that previously occurred you shouldn't feel constrained to not do it - we've had Batman games from different runners for instance. I think Danganronpa 1 and 3 were from different people as well potentially. It's not that big of a deal.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Still slowly but surely figuring out our planned game. Also had so many other ideas as well

What she said ^

Can always run a mini if needed but don't have much time right now for a proper designed game outside of the one me and Donna are working on.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to eventually design and run a game - already know exactly which themes - but there's still a lot for me to learn before that's viable.

What would you recommend to do as super early preparation? Already did a quick read of the resources at OM and want to check some design/review threads. Maybe a deep dive in the wikis? Offering help for a game/mini?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I have a lot of crazy ideas so I'm sure eventually I'd be able to come up with a game, I just want to get more used to playing the game first. If I were to I'd probably want a partner that knows a lot about game balancing, just to make sure my ideas make sense and can swap ideas with me. XD

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What would you recommend to do as super early preparation? Already did a quick read of the resources at OM and want to check some design/review threads. Maybe a deep dive in the wikis? Offering help for a game/mini?
For super early stuff, diving into wikis is good for sure just to start the brainstorming process. If you want someone to help you out with it, of course asking in here would be the best bet as I'm sure there are plenty of veteran players who would want to help design a game, especially if they are interested in the theme!

And then yeah, in terms of getting your feet wet with what it's like to run a game, doing a Mini would probably help with that a lot, or as Monkey mentioned earlier and as she let me do for Steven Universe, participating in a modchat is a really good way to understand what goes on behind the scenes and how a game is run so you know what to expect in terms of the work you'll need to put in to it when you're the gamerunner.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
And of course right after I made my comment, I started thinking of ideas for a game based on Nier: Gestalt. Welp I guess that'll be the game I eventually run as I guess I'll call dibs?

Edit: Mind you i'm not sure how popular that game is in this community.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of crazy ideas so I'm sure eventually I'd be able to come up with a game, I just want to get more used to playing the game first. If I were to I'd probably want a partner that knows a lot about game balancing, just to make sure my ideas make sense and can swap ideas with me. XD
I could help you with ideas/guidance if you wanted ^^

And of course right after I made my comment, I started thinking of ideas for a game based on Nier: Gestalt. Welp I guess that'll be the game I eventually run as I guess I'll call dibs?

Edit: Mind you i'm not sure how popular that game is in this community.
👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

I'm the person that played Drakengard 1, that wonderful trashfire of a game, for the lore of Nier. I'd be stoked to see this happening

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
Oh good so I'm not alone. XD

If there is anyone in the community that also likes the game and would be interested in being my partner for it, then that'd be great. It'd obviously take a while before it actually happen (since again I'm new to this sort of thing), but I'd love to brain storm with someone until we can get a good game put together.

If not then I'll keep brainstorming until I'm ready.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I have so many posts to reply to but first a question: I was thinking about making a Total Drama mafia later this year. >.> (it's honestly a perfect theme)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Oh my god I have so many posts to reply to but first a question: I was thinking about making a Total Drama mafia later this year. >.> (it's honestly a perfect theme)
That is def a good idea. :o

Speaking of potential mafia games though, has there been one based on the Yakuza games? I'm asking because it'd be hilarious to see a game called Yakuza mafia XD

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've definitely been mulling over some ideas for designing a game, but I'm always worried about working on a theme for a bit and then finding out that someone else is already working on it or just not knowing and sniping it from them. Is there anywhere that we can figure out who has staked a claim where?
Seconding what Natiko said. If you are curious, just ask a facilitator and we can look at the sheet! Some old things that have been "claimed" but not finished, heck, go for it. If the original person finishes theirs, it can just be version 2. I'm all for rehashing themes.
Afterwards I probably would like to try to run a game. I've got an idea. Next steps would be designing a first version, get a board on OM and find two reviewers?
Get a board, get your first design worked up, and then ask for reviewers! They'll guide you from there. I expect to see this Attack on Titan game.

I think it's time to either take a shot at WWE2 or Harry Potter 2.

I mean i would also love to just run a plain old fashioned mafia mafia game.
do it
dude we played a whole game about sneakers, anything goes
Can I see the RDR2 stuff you had? Overzealous isn't really a word in my dictionary, I can help you if you want.
this made me laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.