• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening post

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QbA7deb.png

Thanks to Fireblend for the banner, and Dr. Monkey for the title!

Hi hi, everyone, and welcome to our new Official Thread! This is our fifth season in here, and we're ready with more games of deception and murder for you!

If you were ever curious about the Mafia game and wanted to give it a shot, jump in! Our community is friendly and welcoming, and you'll surely make friends along the way, and we have help and support for new players interested in getting into mafia.

hZvcndb.png

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game pitting two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment.

The game is divided in two phases: Day and Night. During the Day, all players discuss and decide on someone to voted out of the game. During the Night, the Mafia secretly chooses another person to be removed.

Town wins when all the Mafia players are gone, and Mafia wins when they match or outnumber the Town players.

q12G3S3.png

Playing a game with us is very simple. When we are accepting signups for a game, all you have to do is fill out this form and post it as a reply to this thread. New players always get priority!

Pronoun:
Time zone:
Game:
Preferred nickname(s), if applicable:

If you wish, you can request a mentorship from one of our veteran players to guide you through your first game (more on that in the following posts).

QCr16l0.png

Please use other players' indicated pronouns when provided. We want our community to be inclusive, and we take this seriously.

A Mafia game is a significant time commitment. Our games can take about a month to play, and you'll be expected to post and contribute to the ongoing discussion to help your team win.

Finally, don't forget to follow ResetEra's ToS and Member Etiquette. Though this is a game about lies and deception and things can get heated, this is just a game at the end of the day and we're all here to have fun.

But most importantly, welcome! Through various games, gambits, jokes, wins, losses, upsets, betrayals and triumphs we have formed a community of individuals who have become something like a family. We hope you will join us in our love of this game and give it a shot. You never know what might happen.

- The MafiEra Facilitators (CaptainNuevo, Dr. Monkey, Fireblend, Natiko, Pedro, and Sawneeks)

Current and previous games

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
7wtcjoS.png

LiSMafiaBanner2.png

Game: Life Is Strange Mafia
Gamerunners: Fantomas and Pirate Bae
Players: 15
Complexity: Role Madness

Wowzers!

Welcome to Arcadia Bay, a small, peaceful town on the coast of Oregon.

But lately, hella strange things have been occurring all over the place! People are going missing, the very fabric of spacetime is being torn apart, and no one knows what's going on!

Are you ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?

Life is Strange Mafia is a hella awesome 15 player Role Madness game.

Olb8Ksj.png

List of Seasons 1 - 9 games
List of Season 10 games
List of Season 11 games
List of Season 12 games
List of Season 13 games

Special thanks to all team members who helped during the previous season and our wonderful gamerunners for creating, and running, those games! Thank you:

Last edited:
Information and resources

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
XfvTjEf.png

Interested in running your own Mafia game? Click here for more info!

Outer Mafia

Our supporting website. You will need to sign up and get an account here to play with us since this is where we host spectator chats, and other relevant in-game threads. Here is the link.

Outer Mafia Discord
Created by Fireblend and now managed by the Discord Team, this is our server where we talk just about anything. PM one of the Discord Team members to get an invite link.

Gaming communities
Steam: OuterMafia, managed by Roytheone.
PSN: OuterMafia, managed by RetroMG.
MafiEra D&D 5e PBP Campaign, managed by Sawneeks.

Game documents

Mafia Championships
Beginning in 2016 our community has been invited to the annual Mafia Championships hosted by Mafia Universe. Over 225 different forum mafia communities have participated in this event with hundreds of different players over the years. Representing us in these games are:
  • Sorian, who played in Season 3, Game 5; then the Final Game and got 4th place!
  • Ty4on and Natiko played in Season 4, Game 8!
  • Dr. Monkey with CaptainNuevo as a back-up! Monkey has played in Season 5, Game 7, in Wildcard Game 2, and in the finals!
  • Our latest champion: Faddy represented us this year and has completed his game!
Mentorship program
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you during a game. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. You and your mentor will be given a private thread on Outer Mafia to talk with one another and we do not make these threads public after the game has ended unless requested. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

For veteran players, if you would like to offer your assistance to the mentorship program please contact Sawneeks, or let us know in this thread. Do note, mentors are not allowed to play in the same game where they are mentoring a player.

NXhnteB.png

Facilitators
Responsible for leading all teams and representing the community
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Dr. Monkey
  • Fireblend
  • Natiko
  • Pedro
  • Sawneeks
Discord Team
Responsible for keeping peace in Discord, creating and removing rooms as needed, and giving and revoking access to private rooms.
  • Barrylocke
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
  • Sophia
Outer Mafia Team
Responsible for creating forum boards and giving access to them
  • CaptainNuevo
  • Natiko
  • RetroMG
  • Sorian
Review Team
Responsible for receiving new Mafia game submissions and coordinating gamerunners and reviewers to get games ready to run
  • Fireblend
  • Roytheone
Scheduling Team
Responsible for scheduling games, creating rosters, and keeping analytics
  • cabot
  • Dr. Monkey
  • Sawneeks

We want to thank everyone who has been part of this community over the years: people that made things run smoothly from behind the scenes, that promoted our games in other places, that helped them play and look better, that created entertaining designs for our players, that are always interested in playing with us more and more, and that we became friends with, and make us feel welcomed in here.

Last edited:
Current game rosters
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Current game rosters:

Life is Strange Mafia

1. NEW - Maolfunction [Mao] - UTC-8 - He/Him
2. B-Dubs - EST - He/Him
3. Fireblend - GMT-6 - He/Him
4. Aeleus - GMT - They/Them
5. Stantastic - GMT+12 - He/Him
6. Malus - CEST/UTC+2 - He/Him
7. nin - GMT+12 - he/him
8. Kopite - GMT+8 - he/him
9. Swamped - EST - she/her
10. Funky Dude Sparks - CDT - he/him
11. rac - EST - he/him
12. Verelios - EST - he/him
13. melonrabbit - PST - she/her
14. EzekelRAGE - CST - he/him
15. Kitsunelaine - GMT+12 - she/her

Replacements:

1. Dr. Monkey - EDT/UTC-4 - She/Her
2. Zippedpinhead - EDT/UTC-4 - He/Him
3. TheChuggernaut - CST - He/Him
4. Z-Beat - PST - he/him
5. Lone_Prodigy - EST - He/Him
6. Saenima - BST - They/Them

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
COME ONE, COME ALL, GET YER BUTTS IN HERE TO SIGN UP FOR LOVE BOAT 3! Partners will be RNGed. Pair nicknames will be hilarious. TOWN HOOKERS ARE BANNED, SORIAN.

give us yer
timezone
pronoun
preferred nickname if you got 'em

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm SUPER EXCITED about finally running Steven Universe mafia. This is gonna be a great season, y'all, I can feel it.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lovers Boat
Pronoun: Him
Time zone: EST
Preferred nickname(s), if applicable: The Badass Motherfucker who only ducks other people's mothers

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Why not.

Pronoun: He/him
Time zone: BST (We are in Summer time in the UK so it's BST, not GMT before anyone else comes in with this GMT nonsense)
Game: Love Boat 3
Preferred nickname(s), if applicable: Stu as always.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck everyone! Sadly I can't commit for Love Boat 3 due to time restraints, but hopefully it's a good one. Grizzly runs amazing games. :D

Oct 25, 2017
Time zone: CST
Nickname: Chugg, Chugger, whatever you want to call me.

Replacement list if you wouldn't mind. I live here now.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Lmao HVV2 being Mugen, good stuff, can't wait to run it.
I will sign up for Love boat 3.
He
UTC
No pref.

Oct 27, 2017
Timezone: CDT
Nick name: Sparky

Pls forgive me if I don't get paired up with you Natiko in love boat 3 I don't mean to cheat on you :(

Blargonaut pls come to the white service desk

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I finally have time to play again.

Love Boat
he/him
CEST (UTC+2)
Any nickname is alright

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hmm, I think I reviewed Love Boat 3, hell if I remember the setup though. I'm just gonna assume it was a good one and anything goes wrong it's y'all's fault :P

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pronoun: She/Her
Time Zone: NZ
Game: Love Boat 3.

I was in the second... Time to repay my debts.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hello!

Gee, there's a Life is Strange poster on that banner? I wonder who in this community is going to be running a LiS themed Mafia game this season?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Pronoun: He/Him
Time Zone: CDT
Preferred Nickname: Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hmm, I think I reviewed Love Boat 3, hell if I remember the setup though. I'm just gonna assume it was a good one and anything goes wrong it's y'all's fault :P
You're coming out of retirement this season.
It's me. I'm running it.
He's lying, everyone! It's me! I'm the one running it!
Everyone is scum until they're not.
This could be the next OT title tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.