• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
It is both of those things, yes.

2wpH9Un.gif
"This is a game about eco terrorists fighting for the planet now shut up while i literally blow smoke into the camera from the exhaust of my sick motorcyle later loosers! šŸ˜Ž"

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hellos. Sick looking banner and great lineup as always haha. Unfortunately I don't have the time to play this time around, but I'll definitely want to spec access for these games.

(thanks for the heads up again, Neeks)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The new FFVII is zzz. A bunch of padding and SE's recent brain dead ARPG combat? Pass.

Also sign up for mafia it's fun, more fun than FFVII Remake will be guaranteed*.

*not actually guaranteed, maybe it'll surprise me

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have you played 7? That's the best one, no need to play any of the others.
I have! Got all the way to the final boss, couldn't beat it, and now I no longer have the save file. But it's close enough to completed, right?

either way you def have to finish FF7 mafia so i can be tifa.
I've never watched a single episode of TLA
oddly enough this doesn't surprise me.
Hellos. Sick looking banner and great lineup as always haha. Unfortunately I don't have the time to play this time around, but I'll definitely want to spec access for these games.

(thanks for the heads up again, Neeks)
No worries, Fando. And congrats on your upcoming graduation! <3

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have heard a lot of good things about 6. People have been recommending I try 5 though so that may be the next one.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only the first half of 6 and the first 10 minutes of the second one are good. Know what's really good? FF13.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I hold that 8 still has one of the most intense end battles. I'm pretty sure my heart rate was about 672 through the whole thing.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, FFXIII-2 is the only good Final Fantasy game to come out since the PS2 ones.
I finished it a couple of months back and, as unlikely as it is to say this about a game with Serah as the protagonist, I really, really enjoyed 13-2. But that ending is very cheap if you had to wait for 13-3 to be released, and Sazh as always deserved better.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only the first half of 6 and the first 10 minutes of the second one are good. Know what's really good? FF13.
Are we now at a point where 13 is considered a good game or a bad game? Only thing I remember about it was people ravenously hating it when it came out. And its 342 sequels

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are we now at a point where 13 is considered a good game or a bad game? Only thing I remember about it was people ravenously hating it when it came out. And its 342 sequels
No, people still enjoy hating on it by citing the same 2 things again and again (bad characters, corridors hahaha), but we, the fans, know better! We stan the queen.

(and it's only 2 sequels, 1 spin-off which itself had 2 spin-offs, and 1 cancelled game that went on to become XV, come on it's simple)

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, people still enjoy hating on it by citing the same 2 things again and again (bad characters, corridors hahaha), but we, the fans, know better! We stan the queen.

(and it's only 2 sequels, 1 spin-off which itself had 2 spin-offs, and 1 cancelled game that went on to become XV, come on it's simple)
giphy.gif

is Lightning even a good character for that?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think XIII is mediocre. Probably on par with X, but worse than XII. I legitimately think XIII-2 is the best FF since maybe IX? That said I still haven't actually played but a little bit of XV. Also none of this includes the MMOs which I haven't touched.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think XIII is mediocre. Probably on par with X, but worse than XII. I legitimately think XIII-2 is the best FF since maybe IX? That said I still haven't actually played but a little bit of XV. Also none of this includes the MMOs which I haven't touched.
I weirdly enjoyed FFXIII-2 and Lighting Returns a lot, but stiill find them to be pretty OK games.

FFXIV could be the best game in the franchise though. It's really good if you can handle the usual MMO bullshit.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Careful how loud you say that. Whole reason I'm playing these is because a certain someone (coughPedrocough) is trying to get me into the MMO and I'm learning there are a lot of people in this community who play and swear by it. :p
Put me in as a replacement.
He
UMT -7
Good to see you again, Salva! I'll put you on the list.

fowl playa

Feb 26, 2020
Oh good it's still a thing, I legit thought it was going to be canceled because there were not 20 people before the countdown in OP ended

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Careful how loud you say that. Whole reason I'm playing these is because a certain someone (coughPedrocough) is trying to get me into the MMO and I'm learning there are a lot of people in this community who play and swear by it. :p

Good to see you again, Salva! I'll put you on the list.
I'm always around x).

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good it's still a thing, I legit thought it was going to be canceled because there were not 20 people before the countdown in OP ended
Nah, the countdown is just so that if we get more than we need, that's the line we draw. Sometimes it's busy and sometimes it's not! Lots of folks were out here complaining about their schoolwork and jobs, like school or work is more important than mafia, geez. Priorities, people! MURDER FIRST

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
soon(tm)

just waiting on that next update to fix the leveling.
What monkey said. We let things go until they are full but that 48 window lets a lot of folks have a chance at hoping in before we cap it.
I can sign up if people are really needed.

He/Him
UTC-6
o7

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Just for your information.

This time everything will be different