ResetEra March 2018 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

julealgon

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
It would filter out most of it, but there are people who will blow way too much money on a botnet, DDoS-ing a major company because they got banned for hacking or even just because their main got nerfed, so i'm sure someone would pay for multiple email addresses just to troll an internet forum.
Gotcha... that does make sense, even if in a sad way.

I'd like to know how many accounts we introduce that actively post new threads though. Maybe a manual aproval process wouldn't be so unfeasible depending on that. Account aproval itself is already a manual process AFAICT right? It would basically be an extension to that.

Oct 27, 2017
Great newsletter as always. Look forward to these every month. Even just the notification that there's a new one. Also is that a huge hint that ResetEra 2.0 is coming on April 20? Night and Day has to refer to new Dark and Light themes, correct? Hope my deciphering of the tease is correct and we really are getting a revamp come the 20th.

For a forum that was hastily thrown together ResetEra 1.3 is remarkably well designed - but just would love to see what the team can do given more time. Looking forward to it.

Mar 24, 2018
Over there
Great newsletter as always. Look forward to these every month. Even just the notification that there's a new one! Also is that a huge hint that ResetEra 2.0 is coming on April 20? Night and Day has to refer to new Dark and Light themes, correct? Hope my deciphering of the tease is correct and we really are getting a revamp come the 20th.

For a forum that was hastily thrown together ResetEra 1.3 is remarkably well designed - but just would love to see what the team can do given more time. Looking forward to it.
We already have both Light and Dark themes though, i'm using the Dark theme right now and I had the light theme when I joined.

Oct 27, 2017
So it's the morning of April 20 here in the UK. If that tease was legit we could be getting ResetEra 2.0 and a complete re-design at some point today. Hope we do!

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
So it's the morning of April 20 here in the UK. If that tease was legit we could be getting ResetEra 2.0 and a complete re-design at some point today. Hope we do!
I don't want to leave you guys in suspense -- unfortunately we need a little more time. We apologize for getting hopes up.

The 1.4 update is going to be huge and it's in active testing right now. It will be ready Soon™.

Thank you for your patience, we're doing our best to make it worth the wait.

Night and Day has to refer to new Dark and Light themes, correct?
;)

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
As a ten-year GAF veteran who missed the initial grace period here by a matter of hours (I was traveling), the tripled threshold is really disheartening. I mostly lurk -- just 150 lifetime posts on GAF before its fall -- but I love contributing solid original content when I have time, like this analysis of a satirical "future gaming" article, breaking political news, or a requiem for a favorite mobile game. I'd also spent more time lately reading OT/EtcetEra, and would enjoy being able to start discussions there.

The 100 post bar already felt like a slog at my posting rate. But to see it raised to double everything I posted to GAF since the Halo 3 launch in 2007? It'll be literally years until I reach that, if ever. Sure, I could churn out a lot of low-effort comments to get there. But that feels wrong.

I hope this policy is reconsidered, or at least not applied to those who had joined right after the site launch. I would've hustled to hit 100 if I'd known this change was coming. (Seriously, I've been around since the Bush administration, you can trust me!)

253 comments to go... :(

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to leave you guys in suspense -- unfortunately we need a little more time. We apologize for getting hopes up.

The 1.4 update is going to be huge and it's in active testing right now. It will be ready Soon™.

Thank you for your patience, we're doing our best to make it worth the wait.

;)
Just wanted to give you a belated and heartful thank you for the update. Do appreciate you keeping us updated and informed. Thanks man. Very much looking forward to ResetEra 1.4. Sounds like the upgrade will be quite substantial and potentially incorporate a re-design. For something thrown together in a rush the current iteration of the forum is remarkably good - but if the team has something better in the pipeline that's exciting too. Love this place and looking forward to the Changelog 1.4 notification. Seems like I may have been right about the Night and Day theme theory too.

So thanks again for responding and know that your efforts, along with the efforts of the team, are very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.