ResetEra November 2017 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
I still think you should un-junior the whole first batch before Christmas to increase the activity on the forum. They'd normally become members at the end of the year, a few weeks earlier wouldn't make much of a difference and it would help with making the place move a little faster

Hey, the PlayStation Experience Attendees / ResetEra Meetupthread is in the newsletter! Sweet.

Just wanted to mention that I've been working on custom badges for folks who are attending and want them.

Cut-off date for the badges is first weekend of December, so make sure to sign up!

Oct 25, 2017
The anime OT refreshes each season (every three months). Depending on speed we either get away with one thread or sometimes we end up having to make a new thread just for a week or so before the new season starts. As this was a result of the old forum's limitations, the community's policy was just too keep the same OP as there was no need for a new one that we only going to be short-term - so the 20k limit will not really encourage an OP refresh.

Just wondering if the anime OT could have a similar exception granted to it?

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
The anime OT refreshes each season (every three months). Depending on speed we either get away with one thread or sometimes we end up having to make a new thread just for a week or so before the new season starts. As this was a result of the old forum's limitations, the community's policy was just too keep the same OP as there was no need for a new one that we only going to be short-term - so the 20k limit will not really encourage an OP refresh.

Just wondering if the anime OT could have a similar exception granted to it?
Yeah alright that sounds like it should be fine.

Axisofweevils

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great newsletter. This month has really flown. Just one thing, the “check here for mod team updates” link in the OP results in an error for me. Keep up the great work. I really like how we’re kept in the loop.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017
I'm still really impressed by how well this forum has hit the ground running. It's not often you see a new website outdo a long-running one in features and layout right out of the gate.

I wish to congratulate the staff for their hard work and transparency, and hope that the site and community will continue to thrive.

Oct 25, 2017
Illinois
This is amazing. Thanks for this!

Also, the notification system is fantastic. I mean I love how I’m told when someone quotes me, but using it for community announcements is a great addition too. Everything is so polished.

Only suggestions would be to add some graphics (just a few) and look into sending out an emailed newsletter via mailchimp or something similar?

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Great update. I really appreciate this newsletter format, and I look forward to it evolving!

Also, I can't believe it's both already been a month and has only been a month since opening. It already feels so familiar to me. Such a huge success for everyone involved!

Oct 27, 2017
Era keeps on delivering, I am really loving the thought and work you guys/girls are doing to keep this growing steadly. Definitely makes this such an interesing, special and fun place to be part of. Congrats to all.

Nov 12, 2017
I think the newsletter is a wonderful idea! And this first one hit the mark just right of being informative without being overly long and meandering.

Keep up the great work!

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
With a one month anniversary, it will be another month before people who joined as new members will be able to post threads of their own! I think that's how it works since it seems that members who joined after the invitational needs to have both 100 posts and a 60 day old account.

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Oh yeah, another note from the first month of ResetEra -

Thanks to ResetEra, I met my girlfriend.
She had kind of "lurked me" for a while over on "the other board," but she finally got in touch with me after the migration here, and after a bit of talking (where I had to be the one to ask her out even though she had decided that she wanted me already) we're now dating.

So, thanks ResetEra :)
Well damn. Congrats! Reading happy news when I first get into work on a Monday is the best.

Anyway, what a quick month. I really like this idea. Formatted for quick browsing. I'm usually less active on the weekends so it helps if I miss something, which I inevitably do.

Oct 30, 2017
I thought the same thing when I read it. Just a tad too far on the "corporate" side.
Not really. Credit where credit is due. Multiple review sites/gaming sites/etc. have praised the new hardware. It's not shilling to congratulate a successful launch. We do that with every friggin' game or whenever Nintendo takes a dump haha. It's part of the culture.

Oct 25, 2017
I sent a PM (Conversation I hope was the correct choice) regarding the GOTY volunteering to help out. Posting here just in case my PM gets lost, I assume SweetNicole must have a rather lengthy list of messages to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.