• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Complaining about yikes and oof is silly to me too, I feel like it mostly comes from people on the end of a lotta yikes and oofs haha, it probably would not be annoying to you if that was not the case.
Yooks
I used to rock no ava, probably will do so for a bit while I make a new avatar bc a THIEF stole mine.

When I die my shame is going to hell bc I have no soul left only thick oily shame.
You have a good avatar tbf, but I have no idea if you're the real one or the fake one because I've never actually looked at your username oh no

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
How much you want to be people who do this are also the same people who spam Harry Potter discussion threads? Voldemort-syndrome.
Because most of the time when someone says "the old place" they are then going to add something negative about Gaf, which is actually against the rules, or at least it was during the early days of ResetERA.

The whole point being it was supposed to be a fresh start, not a way to make an online war between the two sites.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Threads with "yay or nay". It never actually adds any value to the thread title, but if you have to use it, at least use the correct word.

It's "yea" not "yay".

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of OT threads if prople are to post every brainless thought of theirs outside the OT as a new thread?

We're seeing this with the glut of GoT threads. We saw this with Endgame. At least Im a GoT fan so it doesn't annoy me as nuch as it did during that Endgame period, but non-GoT fans must be sick of it.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"the old place" was cringy in October 2017, but now? man. bet there's a correlation between use of that and non ironic use of "Drumpf"

A quick look at New Gaf would suggest that there are zillions of things posted that would get you banned nearly instantly on here. my guess is we're beyond petty sniping and forging a new path now

And I'd be fine with all the despairing negative threads about everything (they have their place ofc things are a bag of wank sometimes) if the occasional light hearted semi shitpost thread didn't get locked in its infancy before it could blossom into something better

Last edited:

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
ERA just isn't fun compared to the glory days of GAF. Many members assume the worst of others from the start, so there's often no place to go but down. Mods reinforce shitty behavior with the way they hand out arbitrary bans for wrong-think. Very, very few people take the time to genuinely engage with what other people say or think, they simply react, dogpile, and virtue signal (yes, it's a real thing despite what some of you think).

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
People who know the person they are debating might be banned so they abuse logical fallicies and insults

Speaking of fallacies, people who think buzzwords give them an out from addressing something

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Thread titles with "let's settle this once and for all" in it, as if this will actually be the last time this debate comes up.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ERA just isn't fun compared to the glory days of GAF. Many members assume the worst of others from the start, so there's often no place to go but down. Mods reinforce shitty behavior with the way they hand out arbitrary bans for wrong-think. Very, very few people take the time to genuinely engage with what other people say or think, they simply react, dogpile, and virtue signal (yes, it's a real thing despite what some of you think).

Lol

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I've said this multiple times in other threads and it's more a modern internet thing than an Era thing, but: "Beloved film/game/album is actually TRAAAAASSSHHHH."

Like, there's tons of popular stuff I don't like and there are ways of criticizing them without resulting to "thing perceived as great is actually the worst thing ever."

Also, just don't talk about stuff you don't like? This place (and again, the internet in general) is just extremely negative at times and it wears me down.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
The content of the message is constistently absurd. A false positive is the exception, not the rule.
Haha, oh man, I was so scared about that when I started posting here. And I'd see a banned post that said "...account in junior phase," and get even more nervous. But then, you know, I didn't post gross stuff and surfed right on in no troubles.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
A one sentence summation of the OP followed by "news at eleven", or any variation of someone expressing how not shocked they are about a particular piece of news.

And seconding the light-hearted or goofy threads getting immediately locked or shut down. If the subject matter isn't inherently offensive why can't we have a fun thread every once in a while? The whole "ignore the thread if you don't like it" thing applies in every single other instance. I just don't really get it.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pretty much what I was expecting.

Most often the people that are actually banned for """""""wrongthink""""""" are people who are downplaying or promoting vile things that are explicitly against the rules.

I've had a (former?) mod whine at me for "tone policing" (It wasn't) but I was never handed a ban because I wasn't defending gross shit.

I'd be curious as to what constitutes "wrongthink" to you.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
casual racism and ignoring/downplaying threads regarding abuse directed towards men. for a progressive forum this place sure is dissapointing.
also social media fanboying. no reset reddit and twitter are not nazi and alt right havens like you think they are. reddit especially is very left but none of you know that because ya'll have that us vs them forum mentality without even realizing it.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the reasons I dislike gaming side (etcetera does this too sometimes) is the "xxx is the Greatest thing of all time" or those variations. no. It's great that you like something but we don't need hundreds of threads with that kind of hyperbole

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
casual racism and ignoring/downplaying threads regarding abuse directed towards men. for a progressive forum this place sure is dissapointing.
also social media fanboying. no reset reddit and twitter are not nazi and alt right havens like you think they are. reddit especially is very left but none of you know that because ya'll have that us vs them forum mentality without even realizing it.

Reddit is a bunch of different sub communities, so I get that blanketing the website is a little eh, but Reddit staff blatantly ignore and cultivate certain hate subreddits despite banning some every now and again. Same goes for Twitter, which I regularly use.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
On the gaming side: like anywhere else on the internet, 90% of the time it feels like the default theme of topics and posts are complaint. Why is this like this, we need to stop allowing that, this game is a failure, I don't understand why everyone likes this game, am I the only one who hates that game, blah blah blah. It's just super negative and off-putting.

On the Etc side: It's super left-leaning and even people who are merely mostly left are gonna feel shouted down at times.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hate towards billionaires
Hyperbole (Best ever, worst ever)

Oct 25, 2017
People that say passive agressive shit and then try and soften it with a haha, haha.

That's a general internet peeve tho

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Post count is also the best way to identify people who post because they have nothing better to do and not because they have something to say

I can confirm this.

I find it a bit strange that I haven't seen anyone mention the anti religious drive by's in any thread about religion. I think that the religious members have pretty much been chased off at this point.

Exius

Banned
Jan 15, 2019
When I see a lot of people refer to Neogaf as "the old boards" "the other place" or some other round about way.

Is Neogaf the "He who must not be named" of ResetEra?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Telling people you're ignoring them. I'm much more inclined to ignore the people who do this rather than the people they are ignoring.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I know it's hard to seperate fanboyism from shilling, but the extreme cases where it'll be like a semi pr campaigns being set to push a positive narrative and constant discrediting of other noises should at some point create some sort of suspicion. It's a very tough one to moderate I would imagine. Oh well

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
People who write "casted", it's cast! Somone is cast in a movie not casted.

It's like people said ok we wont use iregardless but we will fuck up another word.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Posting other peoples tweets to get their opinion across. I also cant stand when people are like "lol what does that mean" and play dumb whenever people use black or lgbt lingo like finna or yass queen. Just because you dont use them doesnt mean that they dont have a place in those communities, stop acting ignorant

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
"The old place"
Just fucking say GAF. We all know where we came from.

I get it. I think, like KojiKnight said, it was frowned upon to really talk about GAF in the beginning. I think it became sort of a fun injoke of sorts where we wouldn't even name GAF as a way of sort of saying, "GAF sucks so let's not even call it by it's name" Plus a lot of us are dorks and calling it the old place or the old country just adds a flair to it that amuses some of us. Sorry.

"I misread the title as _____________________"

Okay. Who gives a fuck?

Okay, now this I don't get. You telling me you never misread a thread title that made you do a double take? Sometimes it can be funny or (rarely) scary, and I think when people mention it, it's usually out of curiosity if someone read it that way as well. It happens.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
My pet peeve is that people here are fucking nosy and also fucking think they know enough to judge a person based off a few lines of text.

When an OP asks for advice about 1 thing and suddenly there are 3 pages where people are going back and forth about OP's relationships/budget/career choices/family/other shit even when it's not relevant to the 1 thing the OP is asking help for

Also your thread won't break past 1 page long unless your thread title is loaded with hot takes and hyperbole

Status
Not open for further replies.