• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queenvee

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, I'm kind of afraid to even post this after being silenced on ResetEra. I was sharing my story, posting about real issues rape victims have in the aftermath and the moderator decided to lock my thread which isn't right. They said it was because I spoke about my husband who was another user of ResetEra and because people gave me some negative replies they thought that wouldn't be good for me, and " nothing good can come of this" and I think that's not their decision what I can handle... I mean of course people are going to post negative posts too. I just thought wow they are silencing me AGAIN after I was brave enough to speak up, they want me to shut up and for this thread to go away. They told me I could either speak with them or go onto their MENTAL HEALTH thread! Excuse me!!!! Mental health is a whole other issue entirely from rape victims... that was super insulting. They also said that my thread had been "open long enough" long enough for me to talk about these issues, long enough for me to feel better? Ugh I have more to say but I'm so upset and hurt right now I'm almost in tears! After Neogaf scandal is the reason they created Reset Era they go and shut up a rape victim... take away my voice... I just wanted this to be heard and known. If I need to clarify anything let me know, I'm just very disturbed by them deciding to silence me when I was portraying real issues that we deal with in the aftermath.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah there have been a few suspicious locks where it more so feels like a mod doesn't like the topic or is bored of it vs it actually breaking any rules

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
This will remain locked.

The thread in question was locked yesterday evening after the tone of the posts became hostile in nature. The intent was never to silence a victim. While we are all for providing a supporting, loving environment, we cannot have users attacking each other in such a hostile manner. For that reason, the thread was locked last night.

Additionally, the thread involved a husband who is also a member of ResetEra, and we have to handle such situations carefully. Given that the revival of the thread involved posts about her husband directly, this is an instance where we encourage them to talk to each other and not through the forum. Our policies state quite clearly that we do not allow members to attack or insult other members, even if they are anonymous. While Queenvee attempted to reassure that her husband was fine with the content of the thread, we have yet to be contacted by the husband directly, even after informing her we would need such contact before even considering to reopen the thread.

As I stated in a PM to Queenvee last night, the staff and I are wishing her the best of luck in her situation. The thread had escalated to a point where it had become unhealthy and hostile. For those reasons, the thread was closed last night, and for those reasons we will not be allowing another thread on the subject.

If anyone has any questions about this situation or our moderation policy, please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.