ResetEra Slogan: Results

Oct 28, 2017
“ResetEra: What’s Your Era?”
“ResetEra: A Winner Is You!”

Seeing as how this is a gaming forum and ppl of all ages have a special era for them. Me, mine would be ps1-ps2.

I also like a winner is you. Timeless.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Ah well.

Going to repeat my old suggestion that instead of a single tagline, we have a list of video game quotes or something that change randomly every little while.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad. Having it be gaming-themed is okay, but it sort of makes no sense. Much like The Old Place, many users come to discuss everything, and a portion of them don't even partake in talking about Video Games. Giving a slogan such as New Game+ or anything of the sort brands ResetEra as a Game forum, when in reality, it is just a place to discuss.

I also just like the clean look of the logo, I guess. Won't be throwing a fit if one is implemented later, but this is preferable.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad. Having it be gaming-themed is okay, but it sort of makes no sense. Much like The Old Place, many users come to discuss everything, and a portion of them don't even partake in talking about Video Games. Giving a slogan such as New Game+ or anything of the sort brands ResetEra as a Game forum, when in reality, it is just a place to discuss.

I also just like the clean look of the logo, I guess. Won't be throwing a fit if one is implemented later, but this is preferable.
You're not alone in this and I can understand that there are people who don't go on the gaming side, but I have to admit that I find the position a little weird, personally. ResetEra isn't like 4chan or Reddit; the two main divisions in the site are basically video game talk and non-video game talk. It's very much an old school gaming forum in that sense.

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, the vote count for "Continue?" is just heart breaking. You disappointed me Era. BTW there was a thread about having multiple slogan that changes every few days/weeks, kinda like Google Doodle, what happened to that?
Come on man, I want a slogan :|

Oct 25, 2017
You're not alone in this and I can understand that there are people who don't go on the gaming side, but I have to admit that I find the position a little weird, personally. ResetEra isn't like 4chan or Reddit; the two main divisions in the site are basically video game talk and non-video game talk. It's very much an old school gaming forum in that sense.
In all honesty I'm too young (well, and was sheltered from the internet until I was ten, anything beyond NeoPets until twelve) to have past experience with old-school gaming forums. Didn't know this was how many of them were set up. But you're right in that having only two sections on the site - one being Gaming - does put some heavy emphasis on the subject. Didn't think of that point, and will keep it in mind when/if a Gaming-slogan is affixed. It certainly gives it a lot more reason to be.

Like I said though, I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other. I like this result, but will grow accustomed to whatever happens.

Oct 29, 2017
HAHA, there is an entire website dedicated to generate random slogans !

No one knows video game forum like we do
Premium video game forum, bar none
For wicked video game forum
The go-to source for unforgettable video game forum
Epicurean resetera
Only the best resetera
We believe in splendid resetera
Purveyors of impeccable resetera
We deliver top-notch resetera!!!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty I'm too young (well, and was sheltered from the internet until I was ten, anything beyond NeoPets until twelve) to have past experience with old-school gaming forums. Didn't know this was how many of them were set up. But you're right in that having only two sections on the site - one being Gaming - does put some heavy emphasis on the subject. Didn't think of that point, and will keep it in mind when/if a Gaming-slogan is affixed. It certainly gives it a lot more reason to be.

Like I said though, I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other. I like this result, but will grow accustomed to whatever happens.
Well, I'm not really trying to assert a position, I don't have a strong feeling on slogans either. That's just sort of my thinking.

If there was ever a standard arrangement for video game forums, I'm not aware of it. Plus, I'm thinking of Proboards and ezboard and the like; you could go back to Usenet if you're looking for history. But the split here looks a lot like a board that was entirely focused on video gaming, then had complaints because people in the community kept bringing up other things, so they set up an off-topic board. As opposed to something that's more intentionally divided into specific topics.

Although, Intentionally or not, I think that lack of division is a pretty good thing for ResetEra. It reduces the fragmentation within the community. If you're a Nintendo fan, you can't hide in Nintendo Era and just look at fans of other platforms from afar; all your topics are dumped into the same place and you'll probably be forced to interact with people that don't share your tastes. I think that's a healthy setup.

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm fine with No Slogan, but I'd also be cool with a interchanging slogan over time, like a slogan that stays for a few months and changes to another, but also keeping the theme of Era.

Also, I've been here since week 1 (I think) and only just got the what EtcEra meant... I thought it was dumb calling an Off Topic "Etec Era" then I slowly realised yesterday it means ETCERA ERA, which is an amazing damn joke.