ResetEra Slogan: Results

Oct 27, 2017
The proposed slogans were a look in the past but i think a slogan for resetera should be positive and look forward, not backwards. A Slogan could also be a citation i think.

big_z

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
no need for a slogan, this is a forum not a fast food joint.

there is a need to adjust the site color and font size though. text font and/or size size is too small, especially on mobile and text on pure white is hard on the eyes. that's one thing the old forum got right. its much more readable than era.

Oct 28, 2017
I understand the rush to a new identity and the whole vibe around it, but give it time, something that defines ERA will arrive.

Oct 27, 2017
I voted for New Game+ because i didn't like the idea of not having a slogan definitely, but hearing that we still might get one along the way when it clicks is a way better outcome for me actually

Oct 25, 2017
I think either of those slogans hinted at the fact this is a fresh start, which still has connections to the old place. It doesn't have to be buried and forgotten, but I believe this place is great enough to not have to have a slogan that reminds that it was born from another website. It's history we take with us but it doesn't have to be reminded constantly. No slogan is a good choice at this point, though if we go for a slogan I'd go for something else entirely.

Oct 30, 2017
Ha, 'no slogan' reminds me when Big Show first came to WWF and wore a shirt that said 'No Gimmick Needed' :D

(Vince ruined that asap, but let's wish to the gods we don't follow the same trajectory!)

Nov 6, 2017
The slogan should be "Regulate" or "Regulators".

Obviously a play on G-Funk "Era", Regulators by Warren G and Nate Dogg.

Regulate means to supervise which is what this forum does on a matter of issues and ideas related to gaming or life.

It's brillant and catchy! Please send me some pennies for my brilliant idea!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Just go with no slogan, and then casually change it to different things during occasions like E3, gamescom valentines etc. But on a daily basis just have no slogan..

I voted for "no slogan", and just like the brexit you must honour this no matter how stupid it is.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The only reason I voted no slogan was because the two options were both about continuing something old, rather than about being something self-contained and standalone new. Something about the new/now [of gaming] and looking forward is what I think the ethos of a slogan should be.

New Game+/Continue? Are punny, but also just remind people of how the site originally came about. I suppose the name already does that, but we don't need to double down on it imo.