ResetEra Slogan: Results

Oct 25, 2017
If/when we get a slogan, I think we should avoid a restatement of the forum name and have it be solely about or for the community here now and not a reference to GAF. ResetEra is enough (perhaps too much) of a reference in both the Reset and the Era parts of the name. New Game + and Continue? were more of the same.

We had a magical experience coming together, weathering that storm, and landing here. But in the (hopefully) years to come, ResetEra will be something apart from GAF and we aren't just here thinking "Boy, I'm glad GAF survived after all! And the community is more together than ever! And no more one man ownership!" Etc. I feel those things very much too and I'm still in the afterglow of the coming here experience. But in time to come ResetEra is going to stand on its own, that I believe. And as that happens maybe we'll hit upon a slogan that expresses that new self rather than the relief at our continued, refreshed existence.

Oct 25, 2017
fuck yeah team no slogan.

I wouldn't be against one, but it would be too much to both have the name and the slogan be related in some way to moving on from GAF. If somekind of saying comes organically over time that gets associated with this place then sure, go for it.

Oct 27, 2017
For now, no slogan is the best option. ResetEra needs time to find its own identity separate from anything in the past. When we do get back around to discussing a slogan, though, I'd vote for a rotating selection of slogans, rather than one that will be the end-all-be-all.

Oct 27, 2017
It would be awesome if just for one day admins added the slogan "no slogan" just for the mindfuck.

I liked "New Game+" too, but didn't arrive in time to vote.

Oct 31, 2017
No permanent slogan presents the opportunity to have festive / event / current affairs type slogan, or even the odd joke one from time to time. I think that would be much better than either none or a static option.

Oct 28, 2017
EU
But in time to come ResetEra is going to stand on its own, that I believe. And as that happens maybe we'll hit upon a slogan that expresses that new self rather than the relief at our continued, refreshed existence.
I think we have a winner.

ResetEra
refreshed existence

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
How about stealing a slogan?

Sony:
resetera make.believe
resetera post beyond

Nintendo:
resetera more smiles, more faces
resetera now you're posting with power

Microsoft:
resetera witness the most powerful forum

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
California
How about stealing a slogan?

Sony:
resetera make.believe
resetera post beyond

Nintendo:
resetera more smiles, more faces
resetera now you're posting with power

Microsoft:
resetera witness the most powerful forum
you forgot the best ones!

Sony:
resetera live in your world, play in ours.

Nintendo:
resetera we (wii) would like to play

Microsoft:
resetera Jump In.

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
All for the better, I hope it stays with no slogan. I never understood why there are slogans at all. Usually they just sound silly and add nothing of value. Keep it clean, simple and minimal.

Oct 25, 2017
While I did promote the suggestion that the site logo change for gaming events, holidays, and the like.... What the Hell?

Edit: oh

Last edited: