• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
www.e3expo.com

E3

Upgraded hyperlinks are my favorite feature in this update besides top posters coming back! Congrats to the staff for the amazing work

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
The Forum navigation link below the quick reply box is gone! Now it's only at the top of the page and it's white and smaller (cool, but it was handy at the bottom, even more than the one on top).

Talking about mobile view btw. Using the quick jump is slower specially on slower phones.

For clarity, in this thread I miss a quick link to Announcements sub forum, right below this text box where I'm replying.

If it's intentional, I don't like it. :) otherwise everything seems fine.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nevermind, I can see the postcount if I hover over my name in the thread, I just wasnt seeing it when going to my actual profile.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know if it's just me but i'm not seeing all my watched threads in the what's new section with unread option removed

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
On iOS (iPhone SE), when I open the sidebar to switch theme and I try to tap on the button it keeps bringing up Safari's navigation bar and scrolling to reveal it again doesn't work as it just goes away again, hopefully it's an easy fix.

Great update besides that!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
great update, thanks to everyone involved.

are covers gone?

i like hyperlinks but i wish they were optional, sometimes you just want to post a bunch of plain links in one place.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the forum links at the bottom of threads are gone now. Please don't say it's intentional.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Ungh, why was the navigation bar at the bottom of threads removed? Now I have to scroll all the way to the top to go back to the forum I was browsing.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait did you... remove the "back to [forum]" links at the bottom of pages? Literally the only non-top-of-phone navigation option that existed on mobile? Instead of adding more links there it's GONE?

I'm going to assume this is just an oversight since the alternative would be completely insane. Hope y'all prioritize that bugfix, I use those links all day every day.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
We have no plans to implement those. The references are there because it's part of the core software -- we'll erase those mentions when we get the chance.

Great, thanks! I was wondering what was this "Reaction score" number under the Profile section:

l5HBxOu.jpg

This is with Safari on iOS. It would be great to have back the total number of posts of the account instead of the Reaction score (like it was before).

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Not a lot that I am going to use, though the hyperlink previews and top posters are nice.

The features I had hoped for were the return of re-collapsable quote boxes and proper image resizing inside said quote boxes. I don't know if this is possible with the current forum software, though. 24-hour timestamps are also still on my wishlist, as is the option to disable that annoying draft feature.

I do appreciate the spoiler button finally being directly accessible in the message editor.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Great update, sad about the lack of Safari push notifs tho, understandable, great job!

Genesis

Oct 27, 2017
What a fantastic update; Social Media sharing will get lots of use and the hyperlink preview is really slick.
Well done everyone!