• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Clicking on the full row in the thread index links to the thread now, not just clicking on the link text. I just need validation that this is indeed new behavior and I'm not goin crazy. I've got a bad habit of just absent-mindedly clicking on things I don't expect to react, and I've jumped to threads unexpectedly a few times.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Great work. Now all I need is the ability to ignore a thread without going into it...

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Clicking on the full row in the thread index links to the thread now, not just clicking on the link text. I just need validation that this is indeed new behavior and I'm not goin crazy. I've got a bad habit of just absent-mindedly clicking on things I don't expect to react, and I've jumped to threads unexpectedly a few times.
Yes this is an aspect of the new software.

Edit: We're going to disable this feature since members are not used to it and its benefit is debatable.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Aww :( . I was hoping theyd change how you have to click on multipe things just to download an image. Its very annoying on mobile

Nov 3, 2017
^^^ I messed around with the settings of Zoom Page WE until it looked alright.

Ahh, that fits i use that too. I'll give it another whirl and see if i can make Era usable again.
It's better but it's still trash to look at and the layout is all wonky due to huge lettering even at 75% scaling. If i drop the scaling further i just end up with a thin strip of forum down the middle of the screen like it's not filling the width of the browser. I'll give it another whirl later but i've tried all the buttons on ZPWE. :(

Last edited:

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Super minor thing... After posting a new reply, Click to Shrink link doesn't work, and also shows on quotes that weren't large enough to expand in the first place.

If I refresh the page, expand/shrink work like normal, and short quotes don't show unnecessary shrink link.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Share Individual Posts on Social Media

Right next to the new Bookmark icon at the top right of each post, you will now find a new Share icon as well. Clicking this will bring up an overlay that will allow you share the post directly to your social media outlet of choice. There is also a convenient option to copy a link to the post to your clipboard.

I was trying to test out the Share feature, and when I clicked that new Share icon, my only choices were:

WhatsApp
Pinterest
Tumblr
Reddit

Is there no way to share to Facebook or Twitter, aside from copying the link provided in that share screen?

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
Ahh just wondering since at least for me that was the first time I saw it.
Should be fixed

The features I had hoped for were the return of re-collapsable quote boxes
Just rolled that out, need to check styling however.

Default behaviour of the updated style, we've reverted back to previous behaviour.

It seems like the quick search is sorting results by something other than date, and/or not returning the same results as the advanced search.
Yeah, there will be some differences as quick search searches differently but the default sorting has been set to date.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm experiencing a lot of general slow performance currently.

Also, wasn't "Watched" "Watched Threads" before?

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please finally get a 24h clock option? It shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to have a toggle to remove the "New" icon on a post? It's fine on desktop but in mobile I find it extremely distracting and altogether too big. I don't find that information that helpful and would much rather simply not have it.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
This should be fixed now.

tenor.gif

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Thanks for the update!
Do you think it'd be possible in the future to assign a specific thread to number key 9, since it's not used? I visit the same community thread over and over, so that would be quite handy.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
gosh i sure hope they don't enable that, that's a really obnoxious forum feature.

I kinda wish they would enable it. At least the Like portion, it would kinda help to see if people agree with a certain post than seeing all the people replying to it bashing the post. I think it would be a good thing to test for at least month.

As long as I'm around I'll fight that and likes from ever being enabled. Send all vitriol my way.

Oh lame, really? We should at least test it one day....

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wish they would enable it. At least the Like portion, it would kinda help to see if people agree with a certain post than seeing all the people replying to it bashing the post. I think it would be a good thing to test for at least month.
i promise you, people will be begging for it to be removed.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
i promise you, people will be begging for it to be removed.

Yeah, I know you're right. Most people are resistant to change.

EDIT: Perhaps one day it could be a per thread feature. Only the thread creator can enable it for their threads if they want the function instead of it being site wide.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, on firefox my font is all kinds of fucked. The font size is HUGE.

I do have Zoom Page as others have reported which seems to be the issue, however if I make it smaller to where the text is around the size it used to be it squishes the layout and makes it look weird.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Information
I believe we've addressed most of the major issues that have been reported so far.

The tech team has been up all night working on the upgrade and then squashing bugs, so we're going to take a break now. We'll swing back around after we're rested to investigate any lingering problems. Thank you for all the kind words and support!

Blooddimond

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to disable the Quick Jump hotkeys? I like to use the windows key + 1 to refocus my browser, and it just kicks me back to the main forum when i want to continue reading a thread.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Is it just me or the profile covers just disappeared? As well as the options to add, modify, delete them.

EDIT: seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

Last edited: