• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking some of the more aesthetic updates like the little circle around the quote arrows.

It's the small things sometimes. Thank you all who worked on this.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
did not know about the number hotkeys, that's pretty useful

was that added in around 2.5 months ago, just there was no announcement?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hitting a couple of issues. 1) my profile picture in the quickjump bar is smooshed for some reason 2) the last letter of my username is cut off from the line and just has an h underneath it. I tried to zoom out thinking it was my setting but nope, still cutting off the last letter.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Can the hot key navigation be disabled? Seriously annoying when you navigate through your tabs using only the keyboard (CMD + number). Pages just refresh or I end up on a different page because of it.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
It's not necessarily a bug, but as someone who exclusively posts from mobile, I was desperatly hoping to see a fix for the "new replies have been posted" notification (unless there's a way to turn it off that I don't know about?), because when writing in the text box, the popup pushes everything off screen, and forces (OMFG IT JUST DID IT) users to stop typing and scroll down and start again. And it's probably the worst thing in all of life.

But I do still love you guys, and appreciate all the work you do! Just...please. Please.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hyperlink previews are an absolute must for threads that would normally be full of media embeds. I love these.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
For us mobile users I would love to see an option to always have the full edit bar as a default, instead of needing to press on the cog icon first.

Also a I don't know how you'd fix this, but let's say you want to select a string of text to make it Bold: most of the time the os text pop-ups (copy/paste/cut/select all/ etc.) hide the icon proper and it becomes VERY difficult to select what you want.

Hope to have explained myself decently.

It's not necessarily a bug, but as someone who exclusively posts from mobile, I was desperatly hoping to see a fix for the "new replies have been posted" notification (unless there's a way to turn it off that I don't know about?), because when writing in the text box, the popup pushes everything off screen, and forces (OMFG IT JUST DID IT) users to stop typing and scroll down and start again. And it's probably the worst thing in all of life.

But I do still love you guys, and appreciate all the work you do! Just...please. Please.

Yep.
Also when you put an IMG/Media in a post it always puts it at the top of the post even if the text cursor is at the bottom or wherever you'd want to put the media.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for all the hard work, this looks like a pretty good update!

Pretty small issue, but when you take a look at someone's profile preview you can see the date joined in both the upper and lower sections.

Ts9RJaN.png

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
does anyone else have this problem where the page like... "twitches". Ill be read a long thread and the page will just like move up a line and back down randomly. Its really annoying. Ive seen it on safari for mac and on safari for iphone. havent tested another browser.

I think it has something to do with your ads loading in. for some reason they dont load like 50% of the time for me, and no i dont have ad blockers.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I really like the Hyperlink Preview feature. However, I kinda wish that the URL was posted alongside the Preview window.

1) I think it would allow for better and easier copying and pasting, e.g. if I highlight and copy someone's post to my clipboard, I want to see the URL.

2) You can more easily see undesirable elements in the URL like referral links.

3) It's better security-wise because you can see the domain. EDIT: Actually I didn't notice that the domain does show.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I love the update so far, nice little UI changes, great job overall! :D I can see me using bookmarks quite a bit and I look forward to push notifications.

Oct 27, 2017
It would be great for the site to reintroduce thread previews. The simple act of hovering of a title to read the first few sentences and quickly gauge the direction the thread is headed in before I ever could mistakenly dive into it was incredibly useful to me and I've begun to think I'm the only that cares for it.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Small glitch/regression that I noticed. When you expand the sidebar in a full-sized desktop window now it shows a scrollbar for no reason. Just a small eyesore that wasn't there before.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Hyperlink update is pretty sweet. Great job all around.

I noticed that 1blockX on iOS hides the Share button for posts (I thought I whitelisted Era because of having Clear, but it reverted somehow). If folks on iOS aren't seeing the Share button, try loading Era without content blockers and it'll probably appear.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Bookmarks returning is huge, no longer do I have to bookmark entire threads to find one post to reference. On mobile, but so far the update is really nice.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
How do I find my bookmarks on mobile? Can't seem to intuit this on my own. :(

Edit- NVM, found it. Bit hidden. :(

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Great update and it's also nice to find out there's hotkey navigation on this site! Speaking of which, is there any chance we can get some hotkeys for moving a single page back/forward? Like, left/right arrows keys for instance?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
can you lower the font weight for bold to about 500?

+1. The site used Roboto 500 for bolded text before the update, which seemed perfect. Now it's 700 weight, which means you have to pick between normal text and super thick text that's actually a little bit hard to read at smaller sizes. Example image (yeah it's in light mode, your eyes are bleeding etc etc)

v4ULkjc.png

It's a pretty minor thing, for sure. I wouldn't lose sleep over it if it remained this way. But if you're taking suggestions...! (also a cursory glance at the CSS suggests it might not have been intentional, but hard to say.)

Oh, also: thanks a lot for everything y'all do! The improvements are great and you've been pretty quick to address the minor issues so far. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just saw it and instantly turned it off. No hard feelings, but I don't use that on any site.
Glad it's there for those who use it though and the "Never ask again" options is great for people like me.