• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Thank you for all the hard work, this looks like a pretty good update!

Pretty small issue, but when you take a look at someone's profile preview you can see the date joined in both the upper and lower sections.

Ts9RJaN.png
This should be fixed now.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is there any chance the firefox issue with the Zoom Page WE add on will have the font issue fixed? We have to either choose between a giant font size or regular sized fonts but a tiny squished in the middle forum layout for now.

I know not everyone uses firefox or zoom page WE but for some of us with eye issues we need it to see things more easily, would be much appreciated if you could at least look at it.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still buggy on mobile...

I think the issue would probably be mostly fixed by making the field for replies bigger as of now it starts bugging out as soon I try to navigate or try to add pictures etc.

Very strange behavior tbh.

Also it starts lagging pretty bad.
PlayStation Home ca. 2007 bad.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Does anyone actually allow/use browser notifications for any website? They are the new popup ad.

Morphis

Oct 28, 2017
Please do not enable push notifications by default. And when I dismiss the message trying to get me to enable push notifications, please don't strongly advice me to enable them.

It's fine that it's an option, but please don't force it like this. I get that it's a feature you're enthusiastic about, but not everyone likes notifications. Personally, I hate them with a passion and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does selecting the don't ask me again not work for push notifications? Turned my PC back on and it popped right back up to ask permission again.

Fix this asap.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is related to the update or what, but I don't seem to be able to update my profile cover image. I keep getting unspecific server errors.

Edit: okay, it seems like new cover images upload despite the server error message, but they don't actually appear until hours later.

Last edited:

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Two post update complaints:
-The push notification persmission request seems to be cookie-based, cause I had to dismiss it on four separate devices. That's annoying AF
-On macOS, the new* shortcut for strikethru (cmd+S) is also a OS-wide de facto save button, so it overrides the expected browser behavior when text editing is focused

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for the update!

Two minor notes;

- The alignment of the thread icons, view counter, and reply counter reverted to the cluttered and squished together alignment of the early 2.0 Beta.
- I'm personally not a fan of the addition of the ranking arrows to the Trending thread list - I don't feel that information is important or relevant enough to merit the added visual clutter.

Thank you again for all the hard work ~ 💖

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Hi there,

This is unrelated to the latest forum update, but I reported this last time and the issue still persists and would like to bring it up again.

In Safari (mobile), when visiting the forum and clicking on a thread, and then hitting back (after reading), the forum threadlist used to remain exactly the same (without refreshing) as it was when you first came to the threadlist. However, for some reason, hitting back to return to the threadlist started refreshing the page, so some threads I saw when I first visited may have moved onto the second page etc. It's resulted in me keeping the threadlist open and opening each thread in multiple tabs...which I'm not keen on and isn't great for older phones.

Can anything be done to fix this please, so that hitting back doesn't refresh the threadlist?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Say would it be possible to get selective Push Notifications? I enabled them now and realize I don't want them coming in for _every_ thread I watch.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Just tested the notifications with Firefox on a Mac and it all seems to be hunky-dory

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
So glad Bookmarks are back. So many good threads I see during work that get buried by the time I get home and I can't for the life of me find them again.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Did the styling of bold text change? It looks extremely fat and seems to have some kind of bloom / blur. It's very straining and annoying to read. Please revert this change.

Last edited:

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the larger font size option on mobile! I don't know when it was added, I just noticed it now.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There's not a way to implement a way to embedd an entire twitter thread instead of doing them in chunks?

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
My only issue with the rich previews is that they look a bit too much like quoted text. It's hard to parse what I'm looking at at a glance

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Did the styling of bold text change? It looks extremely fat and seems to have some kind of bloom / blur. It's very straining and annoying to read. Please revert this change.
Yeah, it seems bold text finally looks bold. Before there was barely a difference between it and regular text - at least if one had text smoothing on.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
ResetERA Mobile stopped letting me log in this morning. Every time I attempt to log in on my phone, it says "Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them." But I checked and from what I can see cookies have been enabled. I've also been fine since yesterday logging in and haven't made any changes to my phone overnight.

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any chance the firefox issue with the Zoom Page WE add on will have the font issue fixed? We have to either choose between a giant font size or regular sized fonts but a tiny squished in the middle forum layout for now.

I know not everyone uses firefox or zoom page WE but for some of us with eye issues we need it to see things more easily, would be much appreciated if you could at least look at it.

I see I'm not the only one. Thanks for pointing out the source of the issue. I use Firefox with the Zoom Page WE add-on and the site looks pretty broken now. Guess I'll use Chrome until we get a fix.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
As with any major update, there may be some initial wrinkles, so please report any new or lingering bugs and technical issues in this thread.

Lingering bugs:
* The ad reload pulling focus away from the text edit box is still an issue.
* Heavy script usage is still spiking CPU when pages open (though it seems to be improved).

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is including the title of a PM in the push notification a smart idea? If push notifications were a thing last weekend and I had them on then the PM I received trying to spoil the Game of Thrones finale would've worked. Guess I'll be keeping push notifications off for good.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
This was happening before this update, but:

When clicking a thread title to go to the latest unread post, if it's by someone on your ignore list, their post will show up (just with text hidden unless you click it).

Just a small unfortunate bug.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
Is there a thread about the ads? I'm getting automatic redirects on mobile (Chrome) on a daily basis now. Only on Era.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will the site ever remember the sidebar setting (open/closed) when starting a new session?

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Thank fuck for that font option. Seriously, that's the only feature I've wanted. Specifically for mobile. Thank you =)

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bug, but personally I'd like to be able to specify font size per machine. I don't have an issue on my MBA or iPad, but my work laptop and iPhone could benefit from the increase in size.

Rente

Oct 31, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Not a bug, but personally I'd like to be able to specify font size per machine. I don't have an issue on my MBA or iPad, but my work laptop and iPhone could benefit from the increase in size.
I have the same problem - on my smartphone "small" is perfect (Oneplus 7 Pro, Chrome), but on the desktop it's a little too small (27 '', 4K, Windows 10, 125% scaling).

If you were able to make the text size setting connection/device specific that would be fantastic.