• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
The text input box (including formatting icons) is missing for me on the GiftBot giveaway thread. The buttons below the space still appear.

Firefox Desktop, but briefly saw it on Safari iOS as well.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
The text input box (including formatting icons) is missing for me on the GiftBot giveaway thread. The buttons below the space still appear.

Firefox Desktop, but briefly saw it on Safari iOS as well.
Had a bit of a hiccup there, should be fixed now. You might need to refresh the page.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Apologies if this has already been asked but it's not something that I've needed till I upgraded my phone recently. Is there a way to have the resetera status bar at the top of the page switched to the bottom of the page for mobile site only?

I like the placement as is when I'm on my desktop. It's just on the phone it's more difficult to browse one handed with it being placed at the top. I'm using firefox preview for that very reason, as it allows you to have the address bar at the bottom of the screen. Resetera's own status bar on the bottom would be perfect.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The latest site maintenance from today seems to have bugged the automatic URL rich embed "unfurl" feature.

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
Not sure if it's effecting anyone else, but I can no longer see Twitter embeds using Firefox. All I can see on the page is the Twitter logo where the tweet should be.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I uh, don't get Push Notifs anymore. It says they're not supported but it used to work. Using Firefox, latest release version...

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Twitter embeds are using the same style as unfurled URLs, making them rather ugly and much more difficult to read due to the tiny text.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is the best place to ask the question.

What are the chances of getting some sort of automatic theme mode to go along with iOS 13? I've seen a couple apple based websites enable it, and slowly apps are turning it on now. It would be a cool feature to have here, I know it would only save a handful of seconds changing the theme from the side bar, but would be neat to have regardless. Would also possibly mean being able to ignore my account preferences and decide to theme based on the device I'm browsing on, so say my default is the light theme on say my Laptop, unless it picks up that dark mode is enabled from my iOS devices.

Just figured I would ask the question, not sure if someone else had.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of ads loading, causing the mobile reply box to lose :focus, close my keyboard and force me to click an ad

It literally sucks and this is the only website that does it. Happens like once every 5 times I'm replying to something.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
For the past few days, the site has been crashing on mobile with the Hermit app on Android. Works fine in the traditional browsers, but Hermit is just a browser wrapper, so I can't think of a reason why only navigating here would result in a crash.

Edit: it crashes on the homepage only. Accessing through the sub forums work fine, but it also means I can't log in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I'm so sick of ads loading, causing the mobile reply box to lose :focus, close my keyboard and force me to click an ad

It literally sucks and this is the only website that does it. Happens like once every 5 times I'm replying to something.
This actually shouldn't be happening as we implemented a fixed container for the ads on mobile. What OS/browser are you getting it on?

For the past few days, the site has been crashing on mobile with the Hermit app on Android. Works fine in the traditional browsers, but Hermit is just a browser wrapper, so I can't think of a reason why only navigating here would result in a crash.

Edit: it crashes on the homepage only. Accessing through the sub forums work fine, but it also means I can't log in.
For third party apps this is something you should report to the app developer.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This actually shouldn't be happening as we implemented a fixed container for the ads on mobile. What OS/browser are you getting it on?

Android latest, Chrome latest, Pixel 3. It was fixed for a while but started happening again about ~2 weeks ago as far as I could tell. I didn't come to complain about it until it actually happened while I was in a Red Dead Online thread, and I lost focus, tapped on the ad, it launched.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Android latest, Chrome latest, Pixel 3. It was fixed for a while but started happening again about ~2 weeks ago as far as I could tell. I didn't come to complain about it until it actually happened while I was in a Red Dead Online thread, and I lost focus, tapped on the ad, it launched.
Hmmm having trouble replicating this but we'll look into it. Thanks for the report.

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if its a bug but I didnt know where to ask this. In my discussion history I see the discussions ive had with other members but I dont see the discussions I had with moderators/admin. Where can I find that?

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The site keeps freezing for me and I get an unresponsive script warning. The script is cdn.fqtag.com/bunch of other stuff. I'm on Android using Firefox. I'm bad with technology so I could very well be doing something wrong myself but I figured I should mention it. It unfreezes when I click stop script btw. I thought it was malware but it's a brand new phone.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm a little confused on how search works. i searched by thread titles only for "Succession" looking for an OT, and the results were all topics with variations on the word "success" in the title sorted by most recent, and the OT itself didn't appear til page 2. searching normally also turns up variations on the word "success" rather than the word "succession" itself. this seems really weird

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure people have already posted as much but I was just wondering if the post/linking thing is going to be addressed; basically I have mine forum viewing set to 100 posts per page and pretty much any linked post is completely broken unless I guess if the person posting it also had the same posts per page set up.

Here's a link to a post I was just reading where I had the issue occur:

The guy is posting links to past discussions in the same thread, yet when I click it brings me to the very last page of the thread (which is 7 pages after his post) and then obviously doesn't bring me to the correct post since it goes to the wrong page.

The only way I can get similar links working properly is to switch back to the default of 50 posts per page.

Last edited:

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still getting the error: "The active user has changed. Reload the page for the latest version." many times at work everyday. Anyone been able to solve this? I have tracking protection and ad blocking turned off on era.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Evening.

Is there something wrong the notifications ? i'm noticing that i'm missing people quoting me and thread updates.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm still getting the error: "The active user has changed. Reload the page for the latest version." many times at work everyday. Anyone been able to solve this? I have tracking protection and ad blocking turned off on era.

Getting this too, and my browser is barebones. I have AdBlock installed but it's turned off for Era.

Latest Firefox for what it's worth.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Losing cursor in text forms where (I suspect) this ad tries to render - the ad displays inconsistently - sometimes rendering, sometimes loading, placing an empty space of the same proportions as the ad, sometimes blinking off, then shrinking to fill the gap again.

The cursor sometimes goes away entirely, or sometimes appears and can be placed and moved using the arrow keys but not by clicking or moving with the mouse.

WJQVGXq.jpg

Will post in ad reports too.

Also seeing increase in number of times page will reload while typing a response and cacheing an earlier version of typing progress.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Not really bug, but when you delete a boorkmark it redirects you to the main page. It would be nice if you would stay on the current page.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not a bug report, but is it possible to add an option to ignore threads just from the forum list without opening the thread?

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I browse a lot of my iPad, I've noticed that when I am using my iPad in landscape I see all the thread info, who created it, number of pages, last replied and when etc.

When turning my iPad portrait most of this information is then lost, no pages, no creator, just last replied. Is there any way to make this not happen? I know the site auto corrects for size, but it's a lot of information to be lost.

Landscape:
SGLQR6t.png

Portrait:
zPMpLjL.png

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This being bug or not really depends on your world view, but can we get search function to this site that returns results that have anything to do with search parameter? No matter if you use "" or + or nothing at all and results have absolutely nothing do with what you are actually looking for. For some reason I always to back to using it expecting something different.

TL:DR: Can we fix search function and have it return results matching made search?

dmNSXTq.png

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a weird banner pop-up with "undefined" appearing on both desktop and mobile versions. I thought I was banned for a minute and the message was bugged but it disappeared after a few seconds.
jLw1fy7.png

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So this just happened right now, but I was getting this really weird error whenever I tried using the site. The weird thing is is that it would appear if I logged into my phone, if I logged out, and even if I tried browsing the site with Incognito mode. I had to use inspect element to get rid of it and now it isn't showing again but I thought I got banned for a sec LMAO

Hopefully the team can look into this as it was really odd, I don't really run into errors or the like when browsing so ya, caught me off guard.

6iCTidh.png

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I started getting this the other day too. Firefox 69.0.3 on Windows. Seemed to appear out of nowhere, everything worked fine beforehand.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm experiencing odd cursor behaviors in forms. I sometimes can't use mouse to place the cursor and have to use arrow keys, yet mouse works for autocorrect .

MS Edge, Win 10.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
For some reason, I can't post in any threads at the moment on Chrome (Windows 10). This is what I see in place of the text window:

I can't interact with it at all, and pressing Post Replay just triggers an error because I can't input any text to post.

Everything works fine on Firefox and Safari (which is the only reason I'm even able to make this post).

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
has anything been changed on the site in the last 24-48 hours? today i've noticed whenever a tweet has been embedded in a post on here i'm getting a error message "Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and tracking protection" instead of seeing the tweet, i had the github script thing that allowed me to see tweets when the problem first started happening but for some reason today i've been getting this message all the time

edit: whatever was changed fixed it

Last edited: