• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a known issue with the site and Safari? At LEAST once a day, an era tab will crash the entire browser. It happens on my ipad pro 10.2 inch (with lastest update) and macbook pro (1 update behind).
I've not had any issues on iPhone, iPad or my Mac (all fully up to date).

That said, I'm a Clear subscriber so... maybe ad related?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a brief spell where I was unable to log into my account due to having forgotten my password (or rather, being absolutely certain the password was one that it wasn't!). I have since remembered it, so all's fine on that front, but in the interim I tried to reset my password, and it seems that something is faulty with that mechanism; the email came through correctly, but whenever I tried to follow the relevant URL:

(Posted in an empty URL link below, then deleted; mods should be able to see it in post history, I believe?)

I would instead get the following error message:

qdqo94m.png

(And if it's of any use, that error message is reported as being on the page at the following URL - again, posted in an empty link then deleted)

I'm particularly suspicious that the latter confirmation code appears to end in a close bracket, which makes me think that there's perhaps some string manipulation that's misbehaving - it's just struck me that I never actually tried deleting that bracket, which I don't want to do now because my account is working, but that may be relevant!

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Ok, here's a gif of the duplicating tab bug I mentioned in my previous post (sorry for the compression):

r4QyXRI.gif

Does anyone else with iPhone 6s on ios 13 experience this at all?

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe this is well-known, but the Android version of the site is really struggling.

-Text boxes are frequently covered up by keyboards.
-Backspacing up a line or moving down a line moves your cursor around.
-Page loading is erratic.
-Editing posts with bullets can get wonky.
-Sometimes the formatting buttons won't work, like right as I'm typing this. Previously meant I needed to randomly click the gear button, but that's no longer working.
-Keyboard randomly vanishes.
-Entire screen often becomes unclickable.
-I won't call it a bug, but the way that quoting works is also not ideal on mobile.

Observed on the current and previous versions of Android on both the Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 4 XL.

snesiscool

Feb 15, 2018
Occasionally I get an SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP error in Firefox (both desktop and mobile). Apparently it's caused when a site doesn't support the encryption algorithms that Firefox uses. Except I can connect fine 99% of the time, including now. I've never gotten a similar error in other browsers. Is the problem ResetEra or FireFox? I did enable a few extra settings (such as DNS over HTTPS).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Occasionally I get an SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP error in Firefox (both desktop and mobile). Apparently it's caused when a site doesn't support the encryption algorithms that Firefox uses. Except I can connect fine 99% of the time, including now. I've never gotten a similar error in other browsers. Is the problem ResetEra or FireFox? I did enable a few extra settings (such as DNS over HTTPS).
I've never seen the error with Firefox, for what it's worth. Desktop or mobile.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably already been brought up at some point, but is it possible to remove threads from the 'preview' created by people on your ignore list? Referring to the most recent activity shown on the main screen:

5QJGBch.png

Yun

Oct 27, 2017
I can't for the life of it connect to resetera.com using a Swiss ISP with either ISP DNS or Google DNS. Everything else works.

I suspect it's an issue with Ssl? I tried to fix it on my end. It doesn't work on my work computer, my mobile phone from a different provider, at home or at a friends home. See it seems that several Swiss providers aren't able to access the site using Ssl. Right now I'm using the unsecured ip Adress to post it.

Dunno what but resetera is cut off from Swiss internet.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I hope this is the correct place to ask something like this.. how do I post hidden content where people have to reply to the thread before they see it?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hope this is the correct place to ask something like this.. how do I post hidden content where people have to reply to the thread before they see it?
[ Hide ] tags. There's also [ Cross ] tags if you want to have inline blacked out spoilers instead of the other spoiler tags. There's also one for blurring out text but I can't remember it.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find any setting that toggles those arrows, so I'm a bit stumped. I don't know what I could've done to make them disappear nor how to get them back. I do have them on mobile though.
For what it's worth these have just disappeared for me (since last night) so it's definitely not just you or a setting you've changed. :s

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where else to ask this, so I'm asking here: is there a limit for the amount of threadmarks we can have in a single thread?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on the Mobile site, Chrome 79.0.3945.93, Android 8.0.0

Recently I've been having trouble using the formatting options when writing a post - italic, spoiler, image insert etc.

Sometimes it takes multiple button presses to apply the options, sometimes the don't apply at all. Switching to the desktop site seems to fix the problem.

Anything I can do?
Thanks in advance!

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Can we get an 'ignore thread' icon on the forum thread listing page? I'd rather not have to click on 'Do people really use lube to masturbate' before setting it to ignore.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am sorry if this has come up a million times or if I am just missing something but is there any reason I sometimes won't get alerts when quoted? I usually do but I've missed a few. In this thread tonight I get quoted and never got an alert. All my settings seem fine. Any ideas?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Made the switch back to Firefox (from Chrome) and noticed the forum doesn't fill up the screen as well on Firefox. Any way i can replicate the behavior i had on Chrome?

Chrome example:
Y9qLOau.png

Current Firefox:
r6qn37b.png

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I am sorry if this has come up a million times or if I am just missing something but is there any reason I sometimes won't get alerts when quoted? I usually do but I've missed a few. In this thread tonight I get quoted and never got an alert. All my settings seem fine. Any ideas?
If someone edits their post to add a quote from you then you won't get an alert. People do it all the time.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Made the switch back to Firefox (from Chrome) and noticed the forum doesn't fill up the screen as well on Firefox. Any way i can replicate the behavior i had on Chrome?
Best way I've found to deal with this is just to zoom in slightly on Firefox, not sure why but with it zoomed it then seems to scale properly.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Chrome example:
Y9qLOau.png

Current Firefox:
r6qn37b.png

scroll to the bottom and hit the two-arrow button next to the theme switcher to make it fill the width

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this is known but chrome browser on Android has issues drop down menus. Whenever there's an ad beneath the drop down, I click the ad instead of the menu link.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. One of my friends tried to set up an account here, but his account has been under review for a month now... Is that normal? Is there something he should be doing?

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On Firefox on iOS for the past few weeks when I press and hold on a thread title and tap open in new tab, it takes me to the end of the thread, even if I have never visited the thread before. I know it defaults to go to first unread, which is nice for revisiting a thread, but it's super annoying to have it go to the last post of a thread I've never been in before. Did something change to cause this to happen?

Nov 8, 2017
On Firefox on iOS for the past few weeks when I press and hold on a thread title and tap open in new tab, it takes me to the end of the thread, even if I have never visited the thread before. I know it defaults to go to first unread, which is nice for revisiting a thread, but it's super annoying to have it go to the last post of a thread I've never been in before. Did something change to cause this to happen?

I posted a similar issue in Safari in iOS 13 and some others confirmed. I can attest that this is still an issue for me with 13.3.3 and is really annoying. Before now I thought it was a Safari issue only but maybe there is something going on with the site? And yeah this only happens when I open in a new tab.

I'm having some issues on my iPhone 11 in Safari for iOS 13.2.2. When I open threads in the a new background tab (using long press) they always bring me to a more recent post/page. Even for brand new threads I've never read. Anyone else having this issue or know if I'm doing something wrong?

This has been happening to me as well.

This isn't something I generally do, but can confirm I get the same behaviour after a few test links. iPhone 11 Pro Max / Safari / iOS 13.2.2.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we please have a word filter to automatically hide certain threads

Please

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Same here, but in Safari.

iOS 13.2.2, too.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. One of my friends tried to set up an account here, but his account has been under review for a month now... Is that normal? Is there something he should be doing?
Best to use the "Contact Us" to send a message to the admins who would look at that sort of thing.

I'm on the Mobile site, Chrome 79.0.3945.93, Android 8.0.0

Recently I've been having trouble using the formatting options when writing a post - italic, spoiler, image insert etc.

Sometimes it takes multiple button presses to apply the options, sometimes the don't apply at all. Switching to the desktop site seems to fix the problem.

Anything I can do?
Thanks in advance!
There is a pending site update which will be tweaking some of the editor functionality which may help, but it is a bit of a dice role.

Sorry if this is known but chrome browser on Android has issues drop down menus. Whenever there's an ad beneath the drop down, I click the ad instead of the menu link.
Once you get above a few hundred, it starts only loading them in chunk of a hundred at a time. This allows it to scale well to multi-thousands of threadmarks per thread.

If someone edits their post to add a quote from you then you won't get an alert. People do it all the time.
Looks like we forgot to role that feature out (it requires additional tracking to be done to avoid duplicate alerts). I'll ping some admins and see about scheduling enabling that feature in.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Best to use the "Contact Us" to send a message to the admins who would look at that sort of thing.

There is a pending site update which will be tweaking some of the editor functionality which may help, but it is a bit of a dice role.

Once you get above a few hundred, it starts only loading them in chunk of a hundred at a time. This allows it to scale well to multi-thousands of threadmarks per thread.

Looks like we forgot to role that feature out (it requires additional tracking to be done to avoid duplicate alerts). I'll ping some admins and see about scheduling enabling that feature in.
Thanks for the reply. The mobile site has been responsive for me recently so it may have been trouble with my phone.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm unsure if this is a bug or not but on Chrome for Android the top navigation bar no longer follows as I browse. I also do not have any direction arrows on the side like in the past.

people

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why, but I'm getting notifications about mentions that don't (always) make much sense. Latest example, it seems this post has triggered it:
LMAO @posters in this thread trying to call Bloodborne "barely" a new IP just because it shares similarities with Souls.
It's not a big deal, but probably shouldn't happen. I was thinking of changing my username anyway, because at some point it happened much more frequently, as well as posters attributing anything and everything to people.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why, but I'm getting notifications about mentions that don't (always) make much sense. Latest example, it seems this post has triggered it:
It's not a big deal, but probably shouldn't happen. I was thinking of changing my username anyway, because at some point it happened much more frequently, as well as posters attributing anything and everything to people.
Similarly, I also just received an alert that someone "quoted my post" in a thread where I have never posted.

It was this post:

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Just wanna let you guys know, refreshing Era now starts SteamVR for me.

Edit: Confirmed with another user via discord.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Dunno if this is known, but the advanced search has "Date" as a "search by" option twice. Probably a pretty quick thing to fix.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
It's been happening for a while now, but I keep getting SSL errors at random, which seem to clear up after 10-30 minutes.

ssl-error-wwkrq.png

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
When I got up this morning and refreshed the page, ERA was center-justified for me, with about 2 inches of padding on the left and right side. Is this a bug or can I change it manually?