• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not sure why, but I'm getting notifications about mentions that don't (always) make much sense. Latest example, it seems this post has triggered it:
It's not a big deal, but probably shouldn't happen. I was thinking of changing my username anyway, because at some point it happened much more frequently, as well as posters attributing anything and everything to people.
For sure that person originally typed people (at people) instead of @posters.

Similarly, I also just received an alert that someone "quoted my post" in a thread where I have never posted.

It was this post:
They probably had one of your posts saved under multi-quote and hit "Insert quotes..." without noticing your post was included. They then edited their post and removed it. I've almost done that a couple of times and would have if I didn't read my post again before submitting.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a bug, but I don't know if there's an explicit place to suggest/request features? Anyway, I'm using the "Trending Threads" and "Latest Threads" a lot, and I would love to have a way to filter those to gaming only or off topic only.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not really a bug, but I don't know if there's an explicit place to suggest/request features? Anyway, I'm using the "Trending Threads" and "Latest Threads" a lot, and I would love to have a way to filter those to gaming only or off topic only.
There is within the forums. Click "Filter" and change ""Last Message" to "First Message" within Gaming or EtcetEra.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Safari browser is still always redirecting me to the 2nd page of a new thread and never to the 1st post. This is happening on iOS 13.2.2.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody noticing poor performance lately? Specifically with the post editor, it seems delayed with worse performance, and as a post gets longer the performance seems to get worse and worse. Perceptible delays in the editor.

Could be a chrome latest issue, but I'll test in FF as well.

*edit*

Let's see, yes, in FF latest there still seems to be a perceptible delay in the performance of the editor. Editing long posts or threads with a lot of replies seems to be a bigger issue.

Last edited:

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Not a huge deal, but the keyboard input on the two factor authentication page is back to the full keyboard. There was a brief period where it was just the number input and that was super helpful.

Android 9 + Firefox

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Since a few days (a few weeks?) the URLs from some websites don't give a preview anymore. One example I can think of are the links from Ars Technica. They were working before, but not anymore. For example:

Even if I manually add the [URL unfurl="true"][/URL] tags around the URL it does nothing.

Did something change recently that could have affected this?

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
It looks like arstechnica is blocking the hosting provider that ResetEra is using. Not much we can do at this stage beyond requesting being unblocked

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I got a pop notifciation for like, It looks like some sort of suicide hotline? and I can't seem to make it go away. I'm not sure why I'm receiving that sort of thing, unless it was a system-wide test?

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway the site can just go members only for seeing any of the content?

Feels like that tech "fix" would go a long way to fixing other issues around here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Is era generally just laggy as fuck generally when it comes to touch inputs on mobile? I am constantly hitting ghost links when scrolling asking and using the screen on my galaxy s8 on Chrome. I'll press a link and the phone will register my touch on a link that was at the same pixel location two seconds ago.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Is era generally just laggy as fuck generally when it comes to touch inputs on mobile? I am constantly hitting ghost links when scrolling asking and using the screen on my galaxy s8 on Chrome. I'll press a link and the phone will register my touch on a link that was at the same pixel location two seconds ago.

I've had problems loading the site on mobile in general. I might load the front page and then one more, but after that it just dies out.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So to punctuate my previous post: I can still browse almost any site at 1-2 bars. At 4 bars, I am getting this message:

JAttw64.png

Dunno if it's something on my end or the site's, but yeah. Trying to load it in Safari too, but nothing.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I'm constantly getting logged out on latest android chrome (for the past three months anyway)

Sometimes I will see something about the active user has changed.

I don't have this problem with any other website and yes I have cleared all cache and cookies multiple times.

No such problem on my windows and Ubuntu PCs.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Seem to be having a problem with logging in - i will put in my details, hit login, it will then load constantly, but if i refresh the page i will be logged in. Been getting this for a few weeks now. Using Chrome.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Having issues adding images to my posts. Weirdly enough it started last night in the middle of a post where I had wanted to include two images but after the first the issue started popping up and is persisting this morning

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The bug with the editor losing focus when a new ad comes in is back on Android at least. Made me accidentally click an ad twice. Drives me crazy even without clicking the ads.

Jjsd happened writing this post infact. Couldn't get through three sentences.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So to punctuate my previous post: I can still browse almost any site at 1-2 bars. At 4 bars, I am getting this message:

JAttw64.png

Dunno if it's something on my end or the site's, but yeah. Trying to load it in Safari too, but nothing.

That is an odd one.

Unexpected or unpredictable SSL errors can happen when your system time is out of whack. Any chance you might change the time settings on your device?

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This should really be a thread in Etcera or something. People need to know ASAP if there's been a breach.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I sent staff a message and posted here as soon as I saw this but people need to go ahead and change their passwords ASAP. I just didn't want to start a panic over nothing if it was completely false 😬

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I sent staff a message and posted here as soon as I saw this but people need to go ahead and change their passwords ASAP. I just didn't want to start a panic over nothing if it was completely false 😬
The only thing stopping me from creating a thread was the rule about considering the source of the tweet. After a quick scroll they don't seem dubious but they also don't seem to have a history with this stuff? Regardless, I'll probably post a thread in an hour or two if we don't hear something.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The only thing stopping me from creating a thread was the rule about considering the source of the tweet. After a quick scroll they don't seem dubious but they also don't seem to have a history with this stuff? Regardless, I'll probably post a thread in an hour or two if we don't hear something.

Yeah that's exactly where I was at. I was hoping staff would create a thread or something saying at the very least that they're aware of the claims and are investigating.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In the light of the above credential stuffing attack, can I suggest the tech team to have a look at this plug in which at a casual glance appears to prevent the use of known leaked passwords.

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
We recently deployed a compromised password checking feature to help people stay secure, and updated the general guide.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Is the ResetERA email not working at the moment? I've sent an email to the account about an issue almost a month ago and haven't received a response. (I've sent two follow ups as well.)

I also tried messaging the ERA twitter account, and again no response.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Having issues using the unfurl tags.

This post is working fine, while this one isn't. Am I missing something in the formatting?

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Awww, I don't know this is the right place but can I ask how do I get a privilege to make a thread?
You just passed 100 posts and your account is old enough so you should be good now.

Thread Creation Privileges

New members are not able to create threads from the outset -- this is a privilege that must be earned. In order to post new threads your account will need to be at least 30 days old and have at least 100 posts. Once these two conditions are met, your account will be automatically granted its new permissions. If you have a great idea for a thread but do not yet have privileges, another member may be willing to post it on your behalf if you ask for help.
www.resetera.com

General Guide to ResetEra

Your Account Everything you need to know about creating and keeping an account on ResetEra. Registration Free or disposable email providers are not accepted for registration -- this measure is our best tool to prevent trolls or banned members from creating multiple accounts. All new accounts...

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if it's the right place but why restera suddenly so small in my iPhone ? Like super high resolution

Édit : font size changed automatically. Sorry

Last edited:

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been getting a ton of tab crashes any time I click any link. Especially from embedded twitter posts. Firefox.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Just found a bug related to the website hotkeys.

Issue
After switching the colorscheme the website hotkeys no longer go to the appropriate page

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Press '8' to go to your watched threads
  2. Click the hamburger menu in the top left then click Light Theme or Dark Theme depending on your current color scheme
  3. Press any other hotkey (such as '1', '2', '4', or '8')
The above method works for any hotkey / thread combination I've tried so far.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I dont know if it has been reported yet, but when using an ipad with safari hovering over the side (like mobile size) - the ad at the top makes everything zoom out, ill take a pic.