• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is beautiful and I wish I could use it on my iOS stuff too.

I noticed the Search box and some stuff on profile pages aren't dark-ified yet, though.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The purple has way too much contrast on that dark background, I know its the logo but something more subtle would work better, I think?

TheChamp

Abused the Buy/Sell/Trade thread
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks this is so much better on the eyes that the bright red base layout :)

Animal

Oct 25, 2017
This is excellent stuff! Very appreciated but I would like to suggest that we use a purple that has a lower contrast to the black background. I am finding the contrast a bit harsh.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Awesome, thank you for that.
If it was possible, maybe a Chrome extension.... although I don't know how those work, maybe it's too complex.
Anyway just an idea.
Again, thank you!

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd share this, something I've been working on since the forum went up, because I noticed a lot of people were asking for it

150164_after.png

https://userstyles.org/styles/150164/resetera-dark-theme

It's a dark theme for resetera! It's pretty WIP but I think it looks nice. To use it you need to install Stylish or Stylus and then install the style from the link above.

Mods, sorry if this isn't allowed!
This is fantastic. thank you

OP
OP
A Strong Latte
Oct 25, 2017
The purple has way too much contrast on that dark background, I know its the logo but something more subtle would work better, I think?
I was tossing up a few diff shades but ended up going with the logo color. Gotta stay on brand!!!!!!!!!! I might darken it if I can find something I like

This is beautiful and I wish I could use it on my iOS stuff too.

I noticed the Search box and some stuff on profile pages aren't dark-ified yet, though.
Thanks for this- I'll have to go in there and fix it up.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool, and much better than the light theme, but I REALLY feel that the dark theme should be Genesis/Mega Drive themed. Y'know, just to drive the wedge between LightEra and DarkEra further.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Great alternative until something official comes along - nice work!

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Now that's some sexy stuff. The purple could stand to be ever so slightly darker, but otherwise I hope this is what the official one looks like.

KyleP29

Oct 25, 2017
really nice design.

I am just curious if an even more muted color tone would elevate it into a GOAT theme. Perhaps instead of the bright purple banner boxes they could be grey like the FAQ/Twitter/TOU box is but with purple text.