• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Something I only recently started working on, and I wanted to fit it more into a design that would be more sharp? I couldn't get around all the rounded edges so I went a little crazy with the moving of stuff on the page.

As it stands right now I don't see any glaring bugs, but the editor icons haven't been changed so far, and I'm not done redesigning the buttons so they are still plain. I'll be changing how the profile view is going to be looking and same with the profile menu.

zNDYPHR.png

This design is most likely going to have some bugs, and be very WIP. I'll be changing quite a few things throughout it's lifespan, and I'm most likely going to be completely changing the design very rapidly. Major Version updates will hopefully be used as a style switch so people can have multiple colors, but I might just make this into multiple styles that people can install.

Currently changed:
  • Navbar has been locked to the top
  • Logo, and search have been moved closer to the breadcrumbs.
Currently being worked on:
  • Quick, smooth animations on all UI elements
  • Profile, and Search redesign.
Bugs
  • Mobile threads are broken, I'm trying to debug and fix this as soon as I can.
  • Mobile Navbar and presumably also other mobile elements are not dark themed or broken but browsing posts should be for now.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Is this possible to do on mobile right now?

Yes it is possible.

Download Firefox for Android, and goto into the addons menu, install Stylus (Beta), and then goto this userstyles page, and request desktop mode, since on mobile it links to the google webstore. And click install this style. And the style should work perfectly fine.

Looks like this on mobile.

fq0YIH8.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Not sure if it's ok to double post, but more things added to the theme.

RdDmYxM.gif

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Was never a huge fan of the dark theme on the website-that-shall-not-be-named, but I definitely think this is better than the default here. Great job.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is possible.

Download Firefox for Android, and goto into the addons menu, install Stylus (Beta), and then goto this userstyles page, and request desktop mode, since on mobile it links to the google webstore. And click install this style. And the style should work perfectly fine.

fq0YIH8.png
Wow I didn't know it was possible.
Looks like FF ON iPhone

OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Wow I didn't know it was possible.
Looks like FF ON iPhone

I'll check if it's possible on iOS. If anyone finds any bugs please let me know and I'll update the theme asap.

edit: only works on android, no way to install stylus for iOS. (Maybe a jailbroken one can?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Would it be possible to add links to EtcetEra and Video Games in the top nav bar? That would be sweet.

Great job on the theme also!
This doesn't seem to work for me, as the grey text you're hovering over is permanently white for me.

Sorry I was pushing too many changes right now. I've just updated the theme with the animations for that.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is possible.

fq0YIH8.png

Been using FF on ios for a good year now and never knew Stylus was available for it. Already rocking your dark theme on my PC. It's very nice BTW.

OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Ok updated the theme for what I presume to fix the mobile issues.

edit: fixed currently reported mobile issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
I'm bumping again to mention that I'll be prettying up the rest of the small bug fixes that I've noticed in a couple of hours, and making some major changes to the profile pages, and the overall style on the site to get it to how I was imagining it looking. The quickly reply, and thread view might break on both mobile, and desktop badly during this. So don't update any time today.

Last edited:

Earendil

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks great Bla. Can I make one request? Would you add 5px of padding to the .listBlock class and see how you like it? The default style feels cramped to me. But do as you see fit, and thanks for the hard work.

EDIT: Maybe even 10px? [please_emoji]

OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
This looks great Bla. Can I make one request? Would you add 5px of padding to the .listBlock class and see how you like it? The default style feels cramped to me. But do as you see fit, and thanks for the hard work.

EDIT: Maybe even 10px? [please_emoji]
Actually don't mind the 5px, but I'll need to modify the thread list before I do this since. I had a large change in mind for it which I haven't gotten to starting yet.

Earendil

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually don't mind the 5px, but I'll need to modify the thread list before I do this since. I had a large change in mind for it which I haven't gotten to starting yet.

No worries, take your time. If you want some help, let me know. I've been a designer/developer since about 1996 and would be happy to contribute.

OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
No worries, take your time. If you want some help, let me know. I've been a designer/developer since about 1996 and would be happy to contribute.
Just PM me on here, and I'll throw you my Discord where you can reach me. Unless you don't have that then I can throw you another social media I've got. Up to you tbh.

sidenote: font is not being applied for the post fields in the quick reply so I'll fix that up.

Earendil

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK, incredibly dumb question: How the heck do I send a PM on this forum?

OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Uh wtf they were all doing this and now they're not...

Yeah it's a bit weird if it comes up again make sure to post the link it was doing it on and I'll fix asap.

Woah, this looks great. Much better than the all-white default design! Thanks, Bla!

Thanks man, glad to hear you like it.

Modified the thread view ;)

sidenote:

I've updated a few things so far, mobile shouldn't be bugging out at all, profile has been darkified, and other small bugs have been fixed.

edit2: I haven't pushed these changes, but the advanced reply is getting a change of color so it's not the same as the background and the stickied threads will pop out.

b7faChR.png

This is how the stickied list should look, it's so you don't get them mixed up with everything else. Since they should really be completely separate from the list.

Last edited:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to change the tooltip text color when highlighting a word? The text color is pretty much the same color as the background color. I'm on a desktop.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. Ive tried a few dark themes posted here and this is the nicest of them all imo.

Great job! And thanks!

OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Is there a way to change the tooltip text color when highlighting a word? The text color is pretty much the same color as the background color. I'm on a desktop.

CPYsU13.png

This one?

Very nice. Ive tried a few dark themes posted here and this is the nicest of them all imo.

Great job! And thanks!
thank you.

Anyway to get this on Chrome?

I'm probably not going to switch over to Firefox.

If you're talking about Android Chrome then I'm not sure at all when that'll be possible. Since you can't install extensions to the app.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Not bad, not a fan of the purple tho, I feel its better used for font highlights and the logo. nothing more.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
CPYsU13.png

This one?

thank you.

If you're talking about Android Chrome then I'm not sure at all when that'll be possible. Since you can't install extensions to the app.
I can't see any of your images. Just [ IMG ] .

Edit* Can see it when I quote it, strange. But no, it's the like dictionary/spellcheck doubleclick menu that some extensions have over words.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see any of your images. Just [ IMG ] .

Edit* Can see it when I quote it, strange. But no, it's the like dictionary/spellcheck doubleclick menu that some extensions have over words.
Seems to be a forum-wide bug right now. image tags are messed up and for a while url tags were messed up, too. urls came back but images are still messed. Started around 2 hours ago.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I would like to see the dots in front of the thread titles to align with the thread title and not just the whole thread title cell. I tested it on the white skin and it looks much more structured like that. might be nice for this one too.

Like here:

OP
OP
Blam

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
Yeah it's only happening since it's adding https to the entire set of links on the site, and imgur doesn't play nice with that. I could change the little dot right now actually.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Blam? Or: How can I see the post that got them banned?

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I would like to get some clarification on this, as well, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.