Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eorl

Eorl

I was sticking to the new skins quite well lately but had to switch back because I couldn't stand not being able to cycle through the page numbers via the arrow. It just makes going into large threads easier to view.

2. RaySpencer

RaySpencer

LanceX2 I love your Avatar. Haha.

3. Syder

Syder

Looking at it on the page like that, confirms my suspicion that I should've made the 'E3 2018' part a couple of percent smaller maybe.

Definitely matches the original colour scheme better though.

EDIT: Fixed.

[​IMG]

4. Coreda

Coreda
    SVG Wizard Member

Anyone? It's just strange that after all the back-and-forth with stylesheet changes a few months back, getting avatars to display well in the standard aspect ratios and sizes that it would get thrown out the window in a subsequent update, which also affects the fine work people do in the request thread and elsewhere wrt alpha transparency.

Edit: just to clarify, was wondering what the reasoning was for changing the 100px max-width with 120px max-height constraints of the existing avatar space, which was effective for varying aspect ratios, to instead 96x96px max dimensions. And also the addition of a semi-opaque background to the avatar area, which affects all avatars that aren't square or solid. The latter is perhaps the more visually disruptive addition tbh.

5. RaySpencer

RaySpencer

You have to start a new thread to maybe get answers. I don't think they have answered anything in here. Not to say you will get answers in your own thread, but it's pretty much 0% chance of it being answered here.

6. Dunno if this is the place for this.

Mobile YouTube embeds are broken. Can't click on them. Double tapping makes them zoom in like an image

7. Is there any way to hide threads? That would be great

8. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

9. omark

omark

C'mon guys, the "thread has new posts" indication needs to be much more noticeable. The bold text isn’t enough.
    The Legacy method of the little purple flag was a nicer and much clearer way to see if there were new posts.

10. Karish

Karish

I honestly do not mean to be rude but what's the deal with the forced mobile? Do so few people have this problem that it's not a priority?

11. Zulith

Zulith

I'm getting pretty sick of it myself... we have been waiting since day 1 of this theme launch and it's not fixed. What gives? Is anyone actually working on updating and maintaining the theme or should we all just give up and use the "Legacy" theme for good.

This is a huge problem for people experiencing the issue that makes the theme totally unusable and it's not getting enough attention.

At least stop trying to push the new theme as the default theme until the major problems are ironed out. "Legacy" theme is still the best theme.

12. nexus

nexus

Yeah, the forced mobile is really my only issue at this point. I enjoy the new update otherwise.

13. Nabs

Nabs

Will DayEra ever get the padding update that NightEra got? The margins are still pretty crazy when the browser is at half-width.

14. RaySpencer

RaySpencer

At least they are called Legacy now. For the first bit they had "(Unsupported)" beside them. Yikes. haha.

There is definitely issues with how stuff scales on different devices right now.

15. pa22word

pa22word
    User requested ban Member

Lower selection bar on mobile is largely broken for me. It registers the location of the various tabs as lower than they are on screen. I would say it's due to the weird aspect ratio on my phone (galaxy s8). Anyone else getting these issues? On chrome andriod

16. Xharos

Xharos

Has the site been slow as hell for you guys today? For the whole day pages have been taking upwards to 20 seconds to load. Maybe it's a region specific thing? I'm in Spain, I asked 4 friends of mine to check if it was slow for them too (also from Spain) and yup, they are having the same problem. I mention this because it's weird that I have not seen anyone else complaining (aside from the friends I asked), or a tweet from the site saying something, nothing at all.

Other sites are working fine, it's resetera specifically. Cerium

17. 3bdelilah

3bdelilah

I'm using the Samsung internet browser on my Galaxy S8, which has a nice little feature that the address bar changes color depending on the website you're on. When I visit Resetera, it displays a very intense purple that's not quite easy on the eyes. Could this be linked to the other complaints about the usage of this specific purple?

(Or on a side note, can I manually choose a color on the Samsung internet browser?)

18. Continuum

Continuum

Noticed something that's been hapoening a lot lately.

The navigation bar at the bottom of the screen would sometimes become broken. I'd click on the icons but nothing would happen. When I click and hold any of the icons, I end up highlighting the text that should be behind it as if the nav bar isn't there.

Chrome 67.0
    Android 7.0
    Samsung Note 5

19. Eorl

Eorl

Why is there no crumb trail at the bottom? It seems so odd to have it in mobile (which makes sense obviously) but then not have it on desktop and be left with a giant gap of black nether space. Especially when the navigation bar on the side doesn't respond to mouse over so you have to slightly scroll to have it reappear and if you aren't quick enough it'll actually just disappear again.

So far though I've been sticking with the new design and overtime enjoying it enough, though not sure if that's just because I'm forcing myself to or the actual feature set being good. Definitely still needs fixing up, which so far I can't see an ETA on at all really.

Edit: Oh, my own post from a week ago is 18 behind this one. Wow. So I guess its just an update and forget mentality with themes is it? Next time maybe open up dialogue to users for feedback instead of hoping it'll work and then ignoring feedback or at least not showing attention to critiques.

20. RaySpencer

RaySpencer

Yeah, I get not having it since there is the constant menu thing, which I hate because it takes up screen space, but I like having the shit at the bottom too. Its nice to be able to choose what I want to click on based on what is closer to my mouse.

They are reading this thread Ive been told. But for some stupid reason they dont want to discuss with us, because they dont think its useful. So enjoy talking to a wall, and wait and see what feedback they decided to use in the next update. Then we can all complain to a wall again when we dont think they have solved all the issues, or we dont like some new issues.

I know I'm a broken record at this point, but I hate how they have decided that having zero discussion is somehow the best idea. It makes me way more angry than it should. But its aggravating as fuck.

21. Twig

Twig

Please. Mark all as read button. Somewhere. Anywhere.

22. Eorl

Eorl

Zero response to a site that has had such a personal history of beginnings is just...weird. But hey I don't run it so :shrug:

23. PtM

PtM
    Self-requested temporary ban. Member

Dark mobile user here disagrees. If they must increase visibility, altering the font colour would be the way to go, the flag was clutter and tapping it was suboptimal.

I thought about that reload icon that links to the first post of a thread. It would be more intuitive if it was just the mirrored version of the last-post icon.

24. Biestmann

Biestmann

I've given NightERA a fair shot, but DarkERA is just so much easier on the eye.

25. Toumari

Toumari

This is the weird part. It's been almost 2 full months and the OP states:

Yet there has no update since?

26. lunch

lunch

I have the same issue, also on Chrome for Android, but on a Pixel 2 XL. There's a delivery site that I have the same problem with, and I end up needing to refresh the page most times.

27. pa22word

pa22word
    User requested ban Member

I ended up finding a work around. Sometimes if you scroll upwards a bit the nav bar works. Not every time, but it works enough that it becomes more of a mild annoyance to me rather than supremely irritating lol

28. PtM

PtM

Threads like this one keep my phone in a loop, since it can't stomach all the data. What good is it to hide avatars and images, when media won't?

29. Hodgy

Hodgy

Can we ask for feature requests here?

Id like to suggest a transparent ban dispute process. I think we have to appreciate that the moderation team isn't perfect and also that sometimes people don't always fully understand why they have been banned. A process so the user can dispute their ban and explain why they think it is unwarranted for it then to be addressed by a different mod and either than their ban removed / time altered or for the dispute to be replied to with a more thorough explanation as to why they will be staying banned. This would be displayed on a users public profile so other users could also see the further reasoning behind the ban and also see if the user was just misunderstood. This would improve transparency between the userbase and the moderation team, I think it would lead to better understanding from both sides and would reduce the feeling of animosity.

30. Continuum

Continuum

I found a temp workaround for this.

Just switch out of the app and back in, now the icons are clickable again.

If that don't work definitely try this

31. PtM

PtM

And it would quadruple the workload. At least.

Users get warnings for minor infractions, and the ban lengths I've seen are pretty humane.

32. RaySpencer

RaySpencer

Plus a ban just means you can't post. Which sucks obviously, but at least you can still lurk.

Also, don't get fucking banned. Haha

33. PtM

PtM

Actually, you cannot view the forums as a banned user.

34. RaySpencer

RaySpencer

How does that work? Cant you just like incognito mode or something so you arent logged in?

35. PtM

PtM

Sure you can, that's why I specifically said "as a banned user".

36. RaySpencer

RaySpencer

Ok sure, haha. That doesnt really matter though.

37. TC McQueen

TC McQueen

This, so damn much. I could never get a consistent press on the flag on mobile, so I constantly had to open a new tab to page 1, then press the "Go to First Unread Post" button to go to the latest stuff. NightEra uses the default Xenforo behavior on mobile, which works perfectly on other Xenforo boards and across devices.

38. dallow_bg

dallow_bg

So is there a fix for PC Chrome thinking I'm on mobile?

39. PtM

PtM

Try changing the user-agent header through a plugin, if possible.

40. Xharos

Xharos

This is still happening and it's driving me nuts. Sometimes the site loads instantly as it should but some times it takes 20 or 30 seconds to load when clicking a link. Changing DNS and browser has no effect. It ONLY happens on resetera, literally every other website I have tried works fine. When this happens, stoping the loading and refreshing doesn't solve the issue, it will still take a looong time to load, then I can browse normally for a bit until it happens again. It doesn't happen when I'm on mobile data, only happens with my fiber connection. As I said, other people from my area (Tenerife) and another friend from Madrid are facing the same issue, so it's not just me. It's been like this for... more than a week already I think?

Can you check it out? Maybe there's nothing you can do, but... I don't know what I could possibly do from my side. My ISP is Orange and it's a 500 MB download 500 MB upload fiber connection.

Summon Cerium SweetNicole Nibel ZhugeEX etc

Also it would help if someone were to chime in if they are facing the same issue.

41. Nibel

Nibel
    Enfant terrible Administrator

Sorry for the late response - contacted the tech guys and hope we can solve this asap!

42. Lakeside

Lakeside

Yup just came to look for a thread... soooo sloooow.

43. Xharos

Xharos

Thanks!

44. Mint

Mint

So I guess we're still all stuck using the mobile page on desktop PCs. Time to give up and go back to the legacy theme.

45. LordAmused

LordAmused

Same here. Dark Theme on PC loads very slowly.

46. dallow_bg

dallow_bg

I'm on PC already so it should be fine without it, but yah, I've tried switching to like IE10, Firefox, but it still puts me on the mobile version of the site.

Sometimes I'll get the full PC version, but later on in the day it'll be back to mobile.

47. Continuum

Continuum

Well the bottom nav bar got worse with time. Now almost every other page it becomes unclickable.

On both my phones too. Sometimes I try clicking on it but its as if the bar ain't even there, highlighting the text behind it or even accidentally clicking on a link it was obscuring. Other times it only works if I click on a specific part of it, sometimes upper sometimes lower...

At first it worked flawlessly, but now it became wholly unreliable. Wish you guys the best of luck fixing all these bugs.

48. flare

flare

I think this might be the most frustrating thing that happens.

49. Karish

Karish

I dont get why we don’t have some info on this issue.

50. Mint

Mint

Yeah... thankfully after a day of use, I'm already used to using the old theme again. At least I don't have a giant bar at the bottom covering up 1/5 of my screen now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.