ResetEra Version 1.5 Update Thread

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I still miss the top posters button for threads, but apparently it was too taxing for performance and had to be scrapped. Still'd love it if it could make a return somehow.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a question. With the upcoming 2.0 update, will there be a way to ignore people without ignoring the threads they create, especially since (at least based upon what someone told me) there's a separate thread ignore feature coming?

I'm mainly wondering since I'd like to still get news like "New Trailer" even if I don't want to see that person's posts in other contexts.

Oct 30, 2017
Australia
So uh are we going to get any actual feedback, at all? Once again there are promises of speaking out and ensuring there is clear discussions yet it goes dark soon after one of these promised "we'll talk!" announcements appears. There are so many wonderful mock ups and ideas yet none are seemingly being taken into account because we don't even get feedback on current issues let alone future fixes or changes. Such a wonderful place marred by terrible UI design.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the ability to ignore threads coming? I'm trying to do my damned best to avoid threads for games I'm looking for so the script someone wrote for the desktop version is a godsend, but it's sad that it's impossible to ignore threads on mobile.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to remove the bar at the bottom of the page (where you can choose the different sections like "games", "hangouts" etc.) on mobile? I'm not sure if that is any recent change, but i just did a factory reset on my phone, and now that bar is there.

Eorl

Oct 30, 2017
Australia
Hey so I guess updates are pretty much dead or at the very least being open about progress and actually utilising user feedback, but I'll throw this one in as its bloody annoying. Zooming in on mobile makes the floating navigational buttons ridiculously huge which is obviously completely obstructing any actual way of seeing what I'm zooming in. That's also another issue, the way images are handled means I have to zoom in by pinch because I can't actually see shit because if its a media embed clicking it just has it hover out and when you zoom it bloody zooms everything else around and not the actual image.

Some of these design choices, really makes you wonder just what the heck was laid out as design ethos.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This may sounds dumb, but I'd like to Watch threads without getting pings from them. Just to have them in subscriptions, but not get a red marker each time its posted in (on a per thread basis).

Or is this possible already?

Geist

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are expanded keyboard shortcuts in the works? ie ctrl+s for spoilers or ctrl+q for quotes, or ctrl+c for CROSS, etc etc...

Oct 25, 2017
btw is the hide avatar feature not working? i still see them
This, the Hide Avatar doesn't work!!!

Any ETA on fix this?
Thanks.
Odds are you guys are overlooking the fact you have to specify a name for the device you are currently browsing the forums with. Fill out the device name box in the same section, then select the features you want applied to that device. If you don't specify a device name, your feature selections go into the ether.

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Odds are you guys are overlooking the fact you have to specify a name for the device you are currently browsing the forums with. Fill out the device name box in the same section, then select the features you want applied to that device. If you don't specify a device name, your feature selections go into the ether.
Yep, I've selected "all the time" and worked, silly me I guess.

What about leave the selector on "all the time" by default?
So blind ppl like me and darkwing can make it work even without help :'D

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't know about that

now it works :)

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if this is the thread to ask, but does anyone know if there's a custom style or anything that simply adds the pips to the left of threads to mark whether there's a new post or not?

I actually am almost 100% fine with using the new Day/NightEra themes now, but just having thread titles bolded or not isn't visually distinctive enough for me to make for comfortable browsing.

Lots of the styles I find on userstyles.org and such are way more comprehensive overhauls (which I'm not interested in) as opposed to just adding the icons that Light/DarkEra have, or even just little circles or whatever.

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
ResetEra 2.0

Now let's talk about the future. In our last update we explained that the DayEra/NightEra designs are not part of the same project as ResetEra 2.0, but rather a standalone that would help bridge the gap. We promised some months ago that ResetEra 2.0 would be released before the end of 2018. Those plans are now beginning to mature.

While some work will continue in the interim on DayEra/NightEra, we have recently made special arrangements for additional help and resources for ResetEra 2.0 in order to ensure that development will proceed smoothly and in a timely manner. After considering the totality of your feedback, we examined our options and determined that making ResetEra 2.0 an urgent priority made the most sense for the community in the long term.

The wheels are now in motion, and we look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks. We will be using this thread to do so.
Any news on 2.0?
Plans for 1Y anniversary event?

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get directly to first post when clicking a thread? It seems that if i've already opened a thread, and click on it again, i automatically get to the newest post posted since i last visited the thread. I prefer to get to the first post when clicking on a thread, in case there is an update in the OP.

Oct 25, 2017
So something that I think is new as of today or yesterday, is that ignored users are now completely gone from sight. Before, their comments were empty with the red banner that they were being ignored, and with the option to uncover what they were saying. This change is great.

However, what this has also brought is that quoted messages of theirs disappear as well. So if another (not ignored) user quotes a message from the ignored user and replies, it looks like they're replying to nothing. It's a bit weird. I'm not sure if I'd want to see that quote even though the user is ignored, or for it to just be like this since I ignored the user in the first place.

Oct 25, 2017
^It's always been like that. I think it's great.
That can't be right. I swear what I was seeing a few days ago, and I feel like even yesterday, was still seeing the user's avatar and username and everything if they posted, but with the red banner saying that they were ignored, which I could click on if I wanted to see what they actually posted. I'm pretty sure I could see quotes of theirs posted, as well.

Now, there was a thread posted by an ignored user I had clicked on where I didn't even realize the OP was the ignored user, since there was no indication outside of the message at the very bottom saying there were ignored posts, and that revealed the actual OP. That's fine, but users seemingly replying to nothing until I uncover the hidden posts is just a bit weird looking.

Oct 25, 2017
Since a thread on suggestions is sorely lacking I will say this here. In honor of Vaelic 's thread that got closed that had a decent suggestion: Stream integration (twitch/mixer/youtube/etc.) to see ResetEra members that are streaming and view them (simple link, embed, etc.).

Oct 25, 2017
This Cloudflare thing happens every couple of minutes and throws me back to the main page on mobile. So damn annoying today!

Edit: Seems to be normal again now :)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, don't notification spam me about an election in a continent I don't live in maybe?
Yeah, I really don't like the notification spam at all. Newsletters, elections in countries I don't live in, it's all stuff I don't care about or that's irrelevant to me.