• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
BannerGeneric4.png

New forum, new year, new games to be excited for! Welcome to ResetEra's Most Anticipated Games of 2018! Special thanks to shinobi602 for letting me take up the mantle and answering my inane queries, and my good friend Fang (not on the forum but you can find him on Discord Fang#6726 and Steam) for this banner and the graphics for the upcoming results thread. Looking forward to seeing what people are anticipating!

RULES
  • Please follow the sample ballot posted below. Use of images are allowed, and even encouraged, as long as you follow the proper formatting. List games using their full titles. You can list up to 10 games, numbering them from 1 to 10. Separate the game title and your comment with a semicolon.
  • Make sure at least one game on your ballot includes a comment. As per the forum rules, list threads are not allowed, and any ballot that is a pure list will be discarded.
  • Do not reserve a post. There is no rush to be on the first page, post when you're actually ready. Any posts like this will be reported.
  • Games from any region are eligible. This means region exclusive games or late localizations to a new region are allowed.
  • Ports of older games to a new system are eligible. Remakes, remasters, straight ports, they're all good.
  • Only games confirmed or estimated for a 2018 release are eligible. Things listed as "February 2018," "Summer 2018," or even just a "TBA 2018" is fair game. Anything without a confirmed year cannot be on your list. Wikipedia's list of 2018 games is a good resource, but go ahead and shoot me a PM or ask in the thread if you're not sure. See below for details.
  • Editing your post is allowed anytime up until the deadline. This includes editing your post to add new games announced after this thread goes up. If you do end up changing your list, denoting your post with "EDIT" would be very helpful to ensure your new ballot is properly counted.
  • Don't be afraid to post content in this thread besides your actual ballot! Discuss other people's votes, ask questions, whatever. Having actual discussion in this thread would be great. Just be civil, this is all for fun!
Voting Ends: Monday, January 1st at 8:59pm PST / 11:59pm EST. No exceptions.

INELIGIBLE GAMES
  • Demos
  • Expansions
  • Games that do not have a confirmed or estimated 2018 release; e.g. The Last of Us Part II, Metroid Prime 4, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch. Games listed as "2018 or later" do not count as a 2018 release.
  • Games that have not been officially announced; e.g. Super Smash Bros. for Switch, Retro Studios Switch game, Devil May Cry V.
SAMPLE BALLOT

Copy and paste this list to ensure your ballot uses the correct format. Replace "Game A" etc. with the full game name, no abbreviations. Replace "Your thoughts on Game A" with a comment about said game. Remember, not every game needs to be elaborated on, but at least one game needs to include a comment or your ballot will be ignored.

1. Game A ; Your thoughts on Game A.
2. Game B ; Your thoughts on Game B.
3. Game C ; Your thoughts on Game C.
4. Game D ; Your thoughts on Game D.
5. Game E ; Your thoughts on Game E.
6. Game F ; Your thoughts on Game F.
7. Game G ; Your thoughts on Game G.
8. Game H ; Your thoughts on Game H.
9. Game I ; Your thoughts on Game I.
10. Game J ; Your thoughts on Game J.

BALLOT SCORING

1. Game A : 4 points
2. Game B : 3 points
3. Game C : 3 points
4. Game D : 2 points
5. Game E : 2 points
6. Game F : 2 points
7. Game G : 1 point
8. Game H : 1 point
9. Game I : 1 point
10. Game J : 1 point

That's all folks~

t1514869200z1.png

Last edited:

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; Horse. Testicle. Physics.
2. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life ; <3 Kiryu <3
3. Monster Hunter: World ; Multiplayer Monster Hunter on a console without friends codes, we did it!
4. Crackdown 3 ; Terry Crews and ORBS.
5. Shadow of the Colossus ; No testicle physics but I get to stab giant colossuses in the face.
6. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; FINALLY A NON PSP SEQUEL
7. Artifact ; Valve, DOTA and card game bullshit. I like two of these things so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8. Vampyr ; Dontnod make interesting messes of games, I expect this'll be similar but with Vampires.
9. God of War ; DAD OF WAR DAD OF WAR OMG DAD OF WAR OMG
10. Spider-Man ; Spiders are actual garbage but swinging is fun.

Honorable mentions:
NBA 2K19 -
Don't judge me!
Fifa 19 - Please don't judge me.
Madden 19 - STOP JUDGING ME!
Senran Kagura Shinobi Refle - HD Rumble.
EA Sports UFC 3 - OK, I might have a problem.
Mutant Football League - Bones Jackson is back!
MLB The Show 18 - No I don't have a problem, everyone else has the problem.

Last edited:

Splendy

Oct 25, 2017
http:///wp-content/uploads/2015/10/indivisible-10-05-15-1.jpg

1. Indivisible ;
A game with an artstyle that is incredibly beautiful and charming, a combat system that is active and engaging and a great series of updates by the devs creates a formula for a game that I can't help but look forward to every time is see a backer update. As a fan of skullgirls who is awful at fighting games but appreciates them greatly and as a fan who loves RPGs this is all I ever wanted from Lab Zero.

2. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ;
A game of dreams I thought we would never get a fully budgeted and fully featured Valkyria game on modern consoles is something I cant say no to and the fact its coming within a year of its announcement helps the excitement even more.

3. Dragon Quest XI ;

No RPG series gives me warmer feelings than Dragon Quest and for the series to make its first full throated entry in HD is so exciting. The world looks gorgeous and the combat looks more dynamic than ever before. The 3DS version also looks like a wonderful love letter to the series and I cant wait to play through on both versions.

4. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ;

Ni No Kuni 1 is a game with clear flaws that pushed some away but the core of that game is so wholesome and pure I couldn't help but fall in love with it. Revenant Kingdom looks set to improve on the flaws of the first game while keeping the core charm and heart that made the first resonate with fans of the first game.

5. Project Octopath Traveler ;

The power of a good demo folks. The game went from an interesting question mark at the Switch Unveil to one of my most anticipated games of the upcoming year thanks to a dancer called Primrose and a story that resonated in a way I didn't expect from a two hour demo.

6. Dragon Ball FighterZ ;

If you asked me a year ago to name a dream fighting game I would have been hard pressed to find a better answer than Arcsystem Works making Dragon Ball fighting game in the Xrd Engine. It looks like you are playing the show and that's all I can ask for as a lifetime fan of Dragon Ball in all its iterations.

7. Monster Hunter World ;

For years people wondered if Monster Hunter would ever be able to truly break through in the West and it looks like with Monster Hunter World the series has the best shot its ever had. A game that utilizes the new power of the systems its on to accentuate the best part of the series, the monsters themselves, to make hunting with your friends look more dynamic and fun than ever before.

8. Blood Stained: Ritual Of The Night ;

A Kickstarter game from a man who actually made the games he lays claim to, Bloodstained provides hope for a Castlevania styled game for longtime fans of the series and looks better every time it is shown off.

9. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life ;
Yakuza is the perfect mix of serious, goofy and outright weird and I wouldn't have it any other way. With 6 set to be the last to feature Kazuma Kiryu as the main character its hard not to imagine the story won't strike a more somber tone for the Dragon of Dojima but I have the utmost faith in the team to do right by the toughest daddy in all of video games (suck it Kratos).

10. Shenmue 3 ;

One word describes my excitement for Shenmue 3: Closure. Continuation of a story unresolved and a quest for vengeance 2 games deep as well help provide both closure and hope for longtime fans of a series that innovated and tried to push boundries for what a game both allowed and expected you to do. Shenmue 3 won't be for everyone but as a fan of the first 2 games I cant help but believe in Yu Suzuki.

Last edited:

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Spider-Man ; it looks dang dang fun and we'll made. Plus I love insomniac.

2. Shadow of the Colossus ; Can't wait to reexperience in 4K or whatever resolution they are targeting.

3. Red Dead Redemption ; it's gonna be so good (hopefully on PC this time)

4. Monster Hunter World ; phew this beta was so fun. Can't wait for the PC version though.

5. Kingdom Hearts III ; assuming it releases next year? Let's hope!

6. Mega Man 11 ; animation and style looks great can't wait !

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

1.Red Dead Redemption 2 ; I love Rockstar Games. More precisely, I love their open-worlds. GTA has that satire feel to it, with cartoonish characters, absurd stories, and crazy gameplay sequences. Red Dead Redemption got on to me because even though still had some of that witty writing, its themes are way soberer and it was so different from what made GTA one of my favorite franchises, while still maintaining that attention to detail and quality that only Rockstar can achieve on a sandbox game.

Its kinda crazy to think that despite the Western setting being a very mainstream one, and the gameplay tropes the game stand on being insanely popular, there is really nothing like it out there, and that's because it takes really talented people and a lot of time and money to make one of these. That's why when a Rockstar game is coming out, it's a major event.

2.God of War ; I like God of War, but its far from being one of my favorite PlayStation franchises and that makes this shift only more remarkable. That debut at E3 2016 was magnificent. The more focused combat, cinematic adjust on the camera, more intimate treatment to the story and the beautiful Norse setting itself all resonated really strong with me. Then the interviews with Cory started to come out and everything he described about the game, from the themes to its system grabbed my attention even more. We heard the game has a bunch of secret areas and that their playtesting clock is finishing as far as 35 hours! That's insane and I just cannot wait for this to come out and explore every corner of this video game, and that's something I never imagined I would say about God of War

3.Spider-Man ; As a big fan of open world games, traversal in games, Insomniac and Spider-Man, this is one of the easiest sells for me. E3 showcased that this has some form of Arkham-like combat and Uncharted level of setpieces, and those are other two things I'm a big fan of. July came and so did Spider-Man Homecoming, and man, wasn't that movie super super fun, and only brought my hype to a new level. PGW trailer focused on the story and showed the supporting cast and we playing as Peter, an optic that we haven't really seem in Spidey past games. And just now at PSX, we heard that Dan Sloth and Christos Gage are two of the game's writers, that's super exciting too. All I want to see now is some free roaming gameplay around Manhattan and my hype would be over the roof

This looks like the perfect summer game, and I hope they hit a window within that

4.Kingdom Hearts III ; I'm not the most die-hard KH fan. I've always loved the idea of this combination, and really enjoyed playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 back in the PS2 days, but never went in on all the other titles on the franchise, so while a fan, I have no idea what the hell is going on with this story and have little attachment to most of these characters.

So why am I so pumped for this game? Because boy doesn't this looks amazing from what we have seen so far. Those E3 and D23 trailers are INCREDIBLE, the beautiful cartoony look, the crazy action sequences, that Toy Story world looks bonkers and so fun to run around. Now there are rumors of Monster Inc world, and we are always in the hope that they will announce something crazy like Star Wars or Marvel. Square, just please ship this game next year

5. Dreams ; I was always intrigued by Dreams and used to love watching their streams, but excitement fell off after a long period of silence and beta delays. PSX and TGA brought that hype back.

Media Molecule had a solid campaign trailer showing at The Game Awards. I like the three Dreams intertwined concept and it has that MM team vibe that I love in LBP and Tearaway. But at PSX is when they fleshed out the tools and showed how deep and yet accessible this engine can be, and this could be a game changer in the long run. LBP community was already so creative despite the limitations and a bunch of people got into game development and got jobs on the game market because of it, so I can only imagine the kinds of stuff they will achieve with accessible 3D modeling, simple and yet realized logic tools, a fully set audio and music making set, and stuff like that.

As someone who has his toes dipped both in game's media and game development, this is REALLY exciting

6.Far Cry 5 ; Far Cry is basically an open world game with immersive sim-like systems and encounters, and that's what makes me so into this series. Its satisfying to stealth run the missions, its ton of fun to blow everything up as well, and I love that duality. It's also the franchise that I think it does the Ubisoft loop the best because the gameplay makes the movement and traversal really fun so doing your checklist around the map is super enjoyable. The new setting is also pretty interesting and seems to be way more open than previous entries, and previews hit recently and the amount of content seems pretty great, so I can't wait to run around this world.

Also, I can be friends with a Dog, so fuck yeah I'm hyped.

7. Monster Hunter World ; My experience with Monster Hunter is limited. Played a little bit on PS2 but were never on the MH PSP or 3DS bandwagon, which is where these games really blew up. Then back in October I got hands-on with World and loved it. Played with strangers but I was immediately projecting how fun doing hunts with my online friends would be. The beta came in December and we did just that, and it was a great co-op experience. Trailers showcasing story are great too and Im looking forward to playing as Aloy with Mega Man as a companion

8. A Way Out ; I like how Josef took that basic co-op design philosophy Brothers had, and blew up the scope and took it to a completely different spectrum. I'm down for the prison break/heist vibes alone, it looks action packed and a thrilling fun adventure from what we saw so far, but this groundbreaking co-op mentality is what really makles me to think this will be a must play in 2018.

9. Concrete Genie ; This is the kind of game missing from SIE catalogue this gen. The paint mechaninc is a pretty unique aspect and makes this such a beautiful game to look at. Its super impressive to think that Pixelopus is making this with only 14 people and they said there's even more to it, the action-y elements in the game still havent really been shown, so Im pretty excited to see what else this title has under its hood;

10. Kentucky Route Zero TV Edition ; This game is right up my alley and the reception and the whole journey it has been going through in the last six years is fascinating for me. Yet, despite admiring the title and the backstory behind it, I still have not played because I prefer to wait until it was finished, and I managed to go through withouth being spoiled about anything at all. 2018 is when I finally get that experience, and it will most likely be on the Switch, so Im very hyped about that.

Honorable Mentions
  • We Happy Few
  • Metro Exodus
  • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Days Gone

Last edited:

shem

Oct 25, 2017
1. Indivisible;
A game with an artstyle that is incredibly beautiful and charming, a combat system that is active and engaging and a great series of updates by the devs creates a formula for a game that I can't help but look forward to every time is see a backer update. As a fan of skullgirls who is awful at fighting games but appreciates them greatly and as a fan who loves RPGs this is all I ever wanted from Lab Zero.

2. Valkyria Chronicles 4;
A game of dreams I thought we would never get a fully budgeted and fully featured Valkyria game on modern consoles is something I cant say no to and the fact its coming within a year of its announcement helps the excitement even more.

3. Kingdom Hearts III;

Kingdom Hearts is a series I played as a kid and II was so long ago that its hard to believe that III is actually slated to come next year. That Toy Story world is all you need to know what the new power is allowing them to do and the variety in combat looks stellar.

4. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom;

Ni No Kuni 1 is a game with clear flaws that pushed some away but the core of that game is so wholesome and pure I couldn't help but fall in love with it. Revenant Kingdom looks set to improve on the flaws of the first game while keeping the core charm and heart that made the first resonate with fans of the first game.

5. Project Octopath Traveler;

The power of a good demo folks. The game went from an interesting question mark at the Switch Unveil to one of my most anticipated games of the upcoming year thanks to a dancer called Primrose and a story that resonated in a way I didn't expect from a two hour demo.

6. Dragon Ball FighterZ;

If you asked me a year ago to name a dream fighting game I would have been hard pressed to find a better answer than Arcsystem Works making Dragon Ball fighting game in the Xrd Engine. It looks like you are playing the show and that's all I can ask for as a lifetime fan of Dragon Ball in all its iterations.

7. Monster Hunter World;

For years people wondered if Monster Hunter would ever be able to truly break through in the West and it looks like with Monster Hunter World the series has the best shot its ever had. A game that utilizes the new power of the systems its on to accentuate the best part of the series, the monsters themselves, to make hunting with your friends look more dynamic and fun than ever before.

8. Blood Stained: Ritual Of The Night;

A Kickstarter game from a man who actually made the games he lays claim to, Bloodstained provides hope for a Castlevania styled game for longtime fans of the series and looks better every time it is shown off.

9. Red Dead Redemption 2;

As a person who hated the tone of GTAV but loved Red Dead Redemption, RDR2 looks to keep the wonderful west of the first game and expand it with gorgeous vistas and an online that R* can only hope is as successful as GTA Online.

10. Shenmue 3;

One word describes my excitement for Shenmue 3: Closure. Closure for a story unresolved and a quest for vengeance 2 games deep as well as for a series that innovated and tried to push boundries for what a game both allowed and expected you to do. Shenmue 3 won't be for everyone but as a fan of the first 2 games I cant help but believe in Yu Suzuki.

Format correctly plz

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; finished the first one and loved the story and was a technical showpiece and still is. Expecting a lot from this.

2. God of War ; loved the whole series and want moar! Even though this one looks a bit different yet intriguing.

3. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life ; a Yakuza series fan and always looking forward for more madness.

4. Spider-Man ; trailer looked good and looks like it's using batman arkham like combat which I like.

5. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ; loved the first despite many saying its fighting mechanics weren't good. Looking forward to this one and feeding more monster pets.

6. Yoshi ; the cute Wii u game left a good taste. The cardboard stuff was done before but I'm still interested.

7. Kirby: Star Allies ; always a good action game and should be fun with my daughter.

8. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age ; I haven't played the newer dq for quite a while and I like the older ones. The game looks good so far and looking forward to it

9. Project Octopath Traveler ; this caught me by surprise and was good fun on the switch that left me wanting more

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
1. Kingdom Hearts 3 ; Been waiting for this forever now. My third favorite series of all time
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; sequel to my favorite R* game
3. Dragon Quest XI ; only ever played 8 but I loved it. People who ive talked to who played it say incredible things
4. Project Octopath Traveler ; loved the demo
5. Spider-Man ; my second favorite superhero, looks amazing
6. Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom ; huge fan of the first, this looks great
7. Monster Hunter World ; never played the series, but looks awesome
8. God of War ; big fan of the series. Didn't like the look of the new combat in the reveal but it's looked really good in the last 2 trailers
9. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; loved the first, looks like it's going back to what I loved about that one
10. Metro Exodus ; played the first two over the summer and really loved them. Can't wait to get back into this world

Really wanted to put Yakuza 6 in there but I still need to play 3-5 (which I own) and I'm waiting for Kiwami 2 so I can play that first (played 2 as a kid but don't remember much). Will buy 6 day one to support the series in the west, though

Last edited:

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Games that do not have a confirmed or estimated 2018 release; e.g. The Last of Us Part II, Metroid Prime 4, Bayoetta 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch. Games listed as "2018 or later" do not count as a 2018 release."

Well, nevermind then

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
1. Kingdom Hearts III ;
A game almost 16 years in the making. With the Toy Story movies defining my childhood, I am beyond happy to see them finally make their appearance in Kingdom Hearts. Big Hero 6 is also another one of my favourite Disney movies, so I'm excited to see them recapture the magic that made KH1 such a timeless classic.

2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ;

Ni No Kuni was a brilliant game that had a few snags holding it back from true greatness for me. Ni no Kuni II seems like it is solving many of my problems while legitimately moving the series forward. Full 1080p and 60fps with a gorgeous art style is a marvelous technical and artistic achievement, Hisaishi's soundtrack seems even more stirring than the first, and the story and characters seem to be just a smidge more complex. This has the makings of a true classic.

3. Fire Emblem Switch ;

We know nothing about it, but this is the biggest first-party Switch game confirmed for 2018 at the moment. I'm ecstatic to see the series finally return to home consoles and see what scope that can bring. I'm looking forward to potentially seeing a darker approach.

4. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ;

This is what I've been waiting for, Sega. This is the game that looks like the true successor to VC1 we've waited almost 10 years for. It seems like they have finally listened, and the snowy, wintery setting has this extremely cozy, magical feel to it.

5. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT ;

Though it's essentially a soft reboot of sorts, I'm just glad to have more Dissidia. The 3-on-3 battles seem like an interesting approach, and almost remind me of team shooters like Splatoon and Overwatch. I had fun with the beta so I'm looking forward to the game proper.

6. Fighting Layer EX ;

Next year looks stacked as hell for fighting games, and I could easily have put DB FighterZ or Soulcalibur VI on here, but I'm going with Fighting Layer EX because it's the one I'm most fascinated by. It's something I've never seen coming and it's been almost 20 years since Arika last left their mark on the fighting landscape. It's just got so many variables and is sure to be so different and so unique that I am so excited to see what happens.

7. Yakuza 6 ;

Got into Yakuza last year with 5, have continued that with this year's localizations, and I have no regrets. It really is one of the best series Sega have had under their belt in the past decade. Down to play the final installment of Kiryu's story and see the series's first true game built for the PS4. Hopefully I can catch up a bit more before then too. (I at least wanna play 2...)

8. Project Octopath Traveller ;

That art style alone shows this has the makings of a classic. Always happy to see new stuff from Square Enix, especially with their return to more classic-style RPGs. Haven't played the demo yet but I love everything I've seen and heard.

9. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night ;

Castlevania is more-or-less back. So happy to see what Iga has in store again. The game seems to be shaping up great, and Iga seems to be taking his time and moving carefully to ensure it doesn't fall into the usual Kickstarter pratfalls. If it's any bit as good as Symphony of the Night, that's great enough for me.

10. Indivisible ;

Never actually played Skullgirls but I've always respected Lab Zero's hustle. Valkyrie Profile is such an underrated series without many other games like it, so it's super fascinating that a dev like them decided to take a stab at the genre. The artistry and animation look absolutely fantastic, and I think their track record is good enough that I trust what they can do with everything. Such an amazing roster of colourful cultures and characters, I'm totally down.

Honourable mentions:
- No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
- Shenmue III
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Bayonetta 1 and 2 (Switch)
- Dandara
- Fe
- Concrete Genie
- Dreams
- Mega Man 11

Even without knowing Nintendo's first-party lineup, that's still a pretty killer list that wasn't really that hard to make. Really looking forward to next year.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Fire Emblem; We know nothing about it, but I've only been disappointed with so very few FE games that this is already up there, also having a FE game with HD assets for the first time ever will be amazing.

2. Valkyria Chronicles 4; An amazing strategy RPG franchise that I didn't even think was alive, a good return to form too.

3. Code Vein; Go Shiina composing + God Eater artstyle + Souls gameplay = YES

4. Monster Hunter World; This is the grand adventure I've always wanted with the series, and to be on console with a solid story mode, beautiful graphics, and great online, I'm in.

5. Soulcalibur VI; Literally same train of thought for VC4 except as a fighting game.

6. Dragon Ball Fighterz; This game looks so gorgeous and action packed and honestly Arcsys can do no wrong.

7. Project Octopath Traveler; The Bravely design team continues to wow me and to see a game in such a gorgeous light as this which feels unique in it's own right while taking inspiration from so many SE franchises, I'm in.

8. Kirby; I've literally never played a bad Kirby game, they're all so simple, sweet, and tons of fun.

9. Yoshi; Same line as reasoning as Kirby (except I've played a bad Yoshi game, New Island).

10. Blazblue Cross Tag Battle; It just looks so action packed, I love all the franchises represented, and the fact it's on the Switch means I'm gonna play it on end.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Fire-Emblem-Switch-Shot-02.png

1. Fire Emblem Switch ; I absolutely adore Fire emblem. Haven't played a new one since Path of Radiance, so I couldn't be more excited for the first Fire Emblem on Switch!

octopathpr1.jpg

2. Project Octopath Traveler ; The first reveal in January was kinda meh in my estimation. It wasn't on my radar until the September Direct, where it got a spotlight and a demo. Slightly curious, I downloaded the demo - and wow, what an amazing game! From the artstyle to the gameplay to the unique storytelling device, everything about the game looks and plays phenomenally, and I couldn't be more excited to play this next year!

godofwar_new-555x328.jpg

3. God of War ; I really dig the focus on narrative they have introduced in this new entry. The gameplay still looks amazing, and a more thoughtful story could very well elevate this game to greater heights. I'm ready to play it!

Dragon-Quest-XI-PS4-Shot-04.jpg

4. Dragon Quest XI ; The zenith of JRPGs, Dragon Quest should be exciting for any fan of JRPGs. It will be my very first Dragon Quest game, so I can't wait to see how awesome it will be!

detroit-1062839.jpg

5. Detroit: Become Human ; It piqued my curiosity when it was first unveiled, and later showings made it clear that the game will tackle some very sensitive topics, and will try to give you the feeling of disappointment and self-disgust when you mess up. That really makes me excited for it, so can't wait for it to release!

Valkyria-Chronicles-4-Ann_11-19-17.jpg

6. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; really liked the first game, especially for its rather unique battle system. This true follow-up to this game naturally has my attention, and the trailer seems to show promise in the story department, so it looks to be a great project!

bayonetta_bayonetta2_download_size.jpg

7. Bayonetta 1 + 2 ; I have never played these two games, but they are very well-received, and from what I've seen they look like something I would enjoy, so I'm very much down for playing them this February!

8. Wargroove ; The game was the stand-out title of the Nindies showcase of late February for me. Cool, FE/AW like strategy gameplay and cute artstyle push this onto the top 10 list. Here's hoping it launches a little away from from FE Switch so as to space out these similar games!

Will expand my thoughts and beautify the post at a later date! It's a bit hard for me to figure it out, as many of my anticipated games don't have a release date or might be announced later this month or after the deadline (ie January Direct).

Last edited:

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
1. Kingdom Come: Deliverance ; I've always been fascinated by medieval times since I was a kid, so this game is like a dream come true if it works out. I really hope I does.

2. Read Dead Redemption 2 ; As long as Rockstar gives us a full campaign and does not go fully down the GaaS route, this will be a GOTY contender. And also the last single-player focused game they make.

3. God of War ; Never played a GoW game, but this one actually has me intrigued.

4. System Shock ; Never played the first, this will be a good opportunity to experience the story and its an immersive sim so why not.

5. Metro Exodus ; Not sure if this counts as its Q4 2018 (with a good chance to get pushed back) but its more Metro so I'm in.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Then pretty much nothing in 2018.
Yeah that severely limits this... I'll give it a shot though

1. God of War ; Really excited to see where this goes. Hopefully it retains the over-the-top action as well as some of the more heavy mythological bents.
2. Dragonball FighterZ ; I don't play fighting games. I'm terrible at them. But this just looks so unbelievably good. Also I can play as Beerus. Day 1.
3. Spider-Man ; If swinging feels good it will be worth it for that alone.
4. Ni no Kuni II; I didn't get that far in the first one, but it was so wnderfully charming. i'm hoping this one has gameplay improvements to draw me all the way in.
5. Indivisible ; I just wanna see some sweet, sweet 2D animation.
6. Project Octopath Traveler ; I'm always down for a traditional turn-based RPG.
7. Dreams ; I'm not interested in the creation stuff, but I love engaging with the surreal.
8. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; Need to see more before I can have full faith. Hopefully it manages to be as good as the first one.
9. Monster Hunter World ; I have no familiarity with this series but the trailer looked great.
10. Detroit ; Expectations aren't huge, but should be a cool experience.

Hellshadow

Oct 29, 2017
Biome 6
1. Anthem ; really looks fantastic
2. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age ; haven't played this series since VIII
3. System Shock ; disappointed about the delay, hopefully it comes together in the end
4. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night ; need a Castlevania fix
5. Mega Man 11 ; looks great, long live Megaman!

Last edited:

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
10. Shenmue 3 ;

One word describes my excitement for Shenmue 3: Closure. Closure for a story unresolved and a quest for vengeance 2 games deep as well as for a series that innovated and tried to push boundries for what a game both allowed and expected you to do. Shenmue 3 won't be for everyone but as a fan of the first 2 games I cant help but believe in Yu Suzuki.
Unless plans have changed, Shenmue 3 isn't closing the story, only continuing it.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Spider-Man ; It's a big budget SP game with Spider-Man - my favorite Superhero. This is a no-brainer for me.
2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance ; RPG without any fantasy elements is something I need to play.
3. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; While RDR is not my favorite R* game by a long shot I'm craving for that typical R* experience.
4. Dragon Quest XI ; I don't really know what to expect since this will be my first DQ, but I love JRPGs and this seems to be a good one.
5. Shadow of the Colossus ; hear constantly a lot of praise for this game, but never played it...so I think it's time.
6. Days Gone ; I love Zombies...that's it.
7. Detroit: Become Human ; His Co-Writers will show him the right way. Believe!
8. God of War ; It would be higher, but I'm a bit concerned about the pacing.
9. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ; NNK was ok, so I guess I will play this.

Yeah, thank you Sony for doing ambitious SP games...

Last edited:

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Ni No Kuni 2; for all its faults I still really, really enjoyed the 1st Ni No Kuni, charming, colourful and endearing, feeling quite unique in comparison to a lot of JRPGs of the era. 2 is attempting to correct a lot of the original's shortcomings and I have faith it will, despite being a fan of the combat and familiar training of the original, if they execute the new mechanics well enough I think it'll be a good time.
2. Monster Hunter World; played it for the first time today through the beta and it's shaping up rather well, it's a good Monster Hunter game I feel. Count me in!
3. Spider-Man;It looks like a really good Spider-Man game, which I haven't played in a long time. Never played too many Insomniac games but I hope this meets expectations.
4. The Last of Us 2; would be no1 easily but I ain't confident it'll release in 2018 and what they've shown hasn't been substantial enough to make me anticipate this game much at the moment.
5. Mega Man 11; more Mega Man, it won't be revolutionary or even the best game of the year and even the greatest Mega Man games have not totally blown me away but I am still really excited for a brand new Mega Man game.

And that's it unfortunately, none of the other big 2018 games do much for me at all. There are the obvious omissions of Pokémon Switch, the next Ace Attorney game, Metroid Prime 4 and Fire Emblem Switch along with I'm sure many other specifically Nintendo games that will release in 2018 but I can't say I'm truly excited for these games until I see 'em, even though Pokémon, Ace Attorney and Fire Emblem are some of my favourite franchises.

EDIT: just seen the disqualification of The Last of Us 2. Discount it then please and just move Mega Man 11 to 4th.

Man can't even make a top 5 lol hurry up Nintendo...

Last edited:

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Project Octopath Traveller. I love me some Jrpgs and this caught my eye immediately once it was shown during the switch presentation last January
2. Bayonetta 1+2 collection for switch. Never got to play any of the games and now I get to play them on my favorite console
3. Wargroove. An advanced wars clone that looks really good. What's not to like?

The rest of the Nintendo switch line up isn't doing much for me yet. I'm sure Nintendo will announce a lot more stuff in January

Last edited:

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
1. Mega Man 11 ; Looks to be a great return for one of my favorite franchises ever.

2. God of War ; the breath of fresh air this franchise desperately needed.

3. Shadow of the Colossus

4. Yakuza 6

5. Kirby Star Allies

Oct 27, 2017
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; Rockstar are the masters of open world games to many for a reason. The amount of time and dedication put in to these titles is clear from the first time you pick up the controller. The previous game was one of the absolute best of last gen and I expect no different from this one.
2. God of War ; I expect this to be a visual and narrative tour de force. Cory Barlog has the experience to pull this together and make it one of this years most memorable experiences.
3. Spider-man ; A well made superhero game is always welcome from someone like Insomniac.
4. Detroit: Become Human ; I've always enjoyed David Cage games, and this looks to continue with said game.
5. Days Gone ; Shu said at PSX, it's 2018 so I'd be remiss if I didn't put it on the list.
6. Far Cry 5 ; Montana looks to be an interesting setting and the style of gameplay always lends to lot's of content to be enjoyed.
7. Metro Exodus ; Not seeing many differences from the previous titles from the footage we've seen. But I have faith in the developer to deliver a worthy follow up in the series.
8. Vampyr ; Game could end up being a very underrated hit if Dontnod are given the time to polish the game up.
9. Shadow of the Colossus ; Never played the original, but I love the atmosphere the improved graphics bring to this version.
10. Runner 3 ; Should be a game that lends itself well to the pick up and play nature of the Switch.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
1. Fire Emblem Switch ; It's been a long time since we've seen a new FE game with a sense of scale- Radiant Dawn remains my favourite and I'm hoping this harks back to it. Also an opportunity to continue with the art direction of Echoes rather than Fates.
2. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; Seems to be a return to the epic feel of the first game, rather than the cramped maps of VC2.
3. Wargroove ; sharing and building Advance Wars-style campaigns across all formats? Sign me up.
4. Dragon Quest XI
5. Battle Princess Madelyn
6. SMT: Strange Journey Redux
7. Bloodstained
8. Project Octopath Traveller
9. Mega Man 11
10. Huntdown

Last edited:

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; I was craving more Red Dead Redemption after beating it all those years ago and man, I'm ready for this!
2. Metro: Exodus ; Absolutely loved Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light.
3. Spider-Man ; The more I hear about this game, the more I want to play it. Love me some Spider-Man!
4. Valkyria Chronicles 4
5. Indivisible ; I really liked the art in Skullgirls, but I'm not the biggest fan of fighters. This looks right up my alley though!
6. Yakuza 6
7. Vampyr ; A Vampire ARPG? Sign me the hell up!
8. A Way Out
9. Days Gone
10. Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Last edited:

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
1. Kingdom Hearts 3; Absolutely love this series, can't wait to play this. The gameplay we have seen looks absolutely incredible!
2. Ni No Kuni 2; Loved the first one and the second one seems to improve much on the first one, very excited for this one.
3. Monster Hunter World; Having played a lot of MH games, of course I am excited!
4. Spider-Man; Fan of Spiderman. Fan of Insomiac. Hype!
5. Red Dead Redemption 2; Red Dead Redemption was great, this will be aswell me thinks.
6. God of War; Looks Incredible from what we have seen, seems like it's going to have a lot of content aswell. Really looking forward to this.
7. Project Octopath Traveler; Adored the demo so will definetly buy this.
8. Dragon Quest Builders 2; The first one is great but I would have loved it on the Switch. Luckily this one will be on the Switch!
9. Shadow of the Colossus Remake; Never played the original but it looks amazing. Excited to finally play it!
10. Far Cry 5; I love the setting and it looks great, really hopeful for this one after the dissapointing Primal.

Last edited:

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
1. Kingdom Hearts 3 ; pls don't get delayed

2. God of War ; love GoW games and this looks like GOTY material

3. Ni No Kuni 2 ; loved the first game so much and can't wait for this

4. Monster Hunter World ; finally a MH with good controls

5. Spider-man ; hopefully it will be the Arkham City of this gen

6. Dragon Quest XI ; game is back where it belongs,can't wait.

7. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; loved the first one and it's about time for the first current gen Rockstar game.

8. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; loved the first one from what i played and i'm glad this is back to the big screens

9. Detroit Become Human ; didn't like Beyond, but i loved Heavy rain and I hope this one is as good

10. Project Octopath Traveler ; I didn't expect it, but I did play the demo and fell in love with.

Honorable mentions:
Shadow of The Colossus
Dragon Ball Fighterz

Last edited:

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
1. Dreams ; love create your own game games, Dreams looks like it could be great.

2. A Way Out ; Love the setting and Josef is hype as hell.

3. Dragonball FighterZ ; don't even like fighting games, but love dragonball and this looks amazing.

4. Detroit ; I'm expecting this to be a mess and I couldn't be happier.

5. Concrete genie ; mostly just love the art style.

Most games I'm excited for haven't been announced for 2018.

ManUtd

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden/Norway
1. God of war ; looks like it will be fantastic.
2. Red dead redemption 2 ;
3. Detroit become human ;
4. Days gone ;
5. Far cry 5 ;
6. Metro Exodus ;
7. Spider-man ;
8. Yoshi ;
9. Concrete genie ;
10. Dreams ;

Oct 25, 2017
1.Dreams; think this will be the most impressive game this generation and I can't wait to start creating
2.Kingdom hearts 3; Been waiting for this story to conclude for so long and it's almost time for xehanort to go down
3.Days gone; Bends return to consoles been too long very excited
4.Spider-Man; Number one superhero enough said
5. God of war; was never a fan of the older titles but something about this clicks with me a whole lot more
6. Ni no kuni 2
7. Detriot become human
8. Concrete genie
9. Blood and truth
10. Digimon cyber sleuth:Hackers memory

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since we can't pick games without dates, I only have two:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2; because Rockstar are the best at what they do
2. Anthem; because with Destiny 2 being dreadfully bad, this has to be good. Wishful thinking

gargles

Oct 25, 2017
1. Kingdom Hearts III ; The end of Xehanort's Saga. After so much time and so many games, I just want to see this end, for once and for all. Please, Nomura.
2. Shadow of the Colossus ; One of my favorite games of all time. There is no way I wouldn't let this remake pass.
3. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; Despite fearing this one can go wrong, Rockstar usually delivers on its biggest games. This one should be no exception.
4. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ; Bought the first at a ridiculously low price and enjoyed it. And looking to this one, it seems some of the problems I had with that one are fixed. Sad it had to be delayed but nothing I can't handle.
5. Dragon Quest XI ; More JRPG goodness and if this is one of the best, judging from opinions on the other forum; then this game should be pretty good.
6. God of War ; Intrigued with this new take on the series and with Kratos's son. For one, I'm looking forward to this narrative-focused GoW.
7. Monster Hunter World ; If there is a moment to jump into the MH train, this must be it. Failed to do so with the 3DS and would have done it with XX on the Switch. Didn't happen. It has to be with this one.
8. Spider-Man ; It's Insomniac, I have no reasons not to doubt them. Spidey needs a great game and Insomniac is the man/studio for the job.
9. Project Octopath Traveler ; Extremely surprised with that unexpected demo. Looking forward to the complete version with more characters and to see where Primrose's story is going.
10. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life ; 0 was one of the best games I've played this and Kiwami is next in line to be played. Even if it's not as good as 0, I still want more Yakuza. And the same is applied to Kiwami 2.

As for honorable mentions, I'd say Bayonetta 1/2 for Switch, Soulcalibur VI and Shin Megami Tensei V.

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
1. Fire Emblem Switch; my favorite franchise returning to consoles since Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (2008). Hard not to get excited espicaally since Fire Emblem has become an important franchise for Nintendo.

2. Project Octopath; enjoyed the demo, love the look, and my type old school JRPG.

3. Valkyria Chronicles 4; loved the original, never go for play the psp ones but still looking forward to returning to the series

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown; OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS SELL ENOUGH TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE.
3. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
4. Monster Hunter World
5. Anthem
6. A Way Out
7. Ni No Kuni II: Reevenant Kingdom
8. Mega Man 11
9. State of Decay 2
10. Spider-Man

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. Spider-Man ; What was seen at PSX renewed my excitement for the game.

2. Dream ; The Media Molecule wizards seem to have done it again

3. Red Dead Redemption ; Cautiously optimistic both for the game, but specially for a 2018 release

4. Battltech ; Mech Commander is one of my all times favs. Please be good.

5. Ni No Kuni 2 ; What Ive seen about it make me very excited for it, even if I couldn't bare to finish the first

6. God of War ; I love the direction taken by the team. It's going to be an incredible game I think.

7. Detroit ; Every demo I've seen has been better than the last. As a fan of sci fi, robots and AI narratives, I'm so in.

8. Days Gone ; At first glance it seems like "just another zombie game", but the adventure/ narrative side of things and the emergent AI plus a World War Z horde make it something special

9. Metro Exodus ; Even as a non fps fan the previous games were great, and this looks to be fantastic

10. Concrete Genie ; Loved everything I saw about it. Like Media Molecule meets Pixar meets Tim Schafer.

Keeping an eye on

*. Valkyria Chronicles 4

*. Kingdom Hearts III

*. Pillars of Eternity 2

*. MechWarrior 5

*. Shadow of the Colossus

Last edited:

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
1. God of War ; Changed to the series are refreshing, it looks insanely fun, combat is an improvement for me. Nice to care about Kratos.
2. Spider-man ; Made by Insomniac, open world game, enough said.
3. Detroit: Become Human ; Heavy Rain was great, this seems to be taking the best part of Heavy Rain and making it the focus of the whole game, the detective work.
4. Days Gone ; I believe in Bend, looks like it has potential, I'm not tired of the so called zombie fatigue others have, I don't even agree zombie games are that prevalent.
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; Never played the original, but I love Rockstar games so I'm excited.
6. Dragon Ball FighterZ ; Huge DB fan, game looks great from a gameplay perspective.
7. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life ; Yakuza Zero was my first Yakuza game, I'm hooked and want more.
8. Crackdown 3 ; Wasn't that impressed with the E3 showing, but I have faith it'll be a fun game.
9. Monster Hunter World's ; Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
10. Shadow of the Colossus ; Never played the original or the remaster, this seems like a great time to give it a go.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
1. Yakuza 6 ; Absolutely loving this franchise right now. Still gotta play the unlocalized games, but Yakuza 6 is easily my most desired title.
2. Shenmue 3 ;
3. Psychonauts 2 ; The first game is one of my all time favorites, have a feeling this is a 2019 title though.
4. Metro Exodus ; Amazing franchise.
5. Shadow of the Colossus ;
6. Bayonetta 1+2 ; Ports of my most played games on the WiiU. Will probably pick up a Switch around the time these come out so I can be ready for Bayonetta 3
7. No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again ;
8. A Way Out ; Brothers was very good, I have faith in their next project.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
1. God of War ; The combat, the Norse mythology, the bosses with the insane battles. What is there not to like?
2. Read Dead Redemption 2 ; A sequel to one of the best games last gen.
3. Spider-Man ; If you're still worried about this game just go play Sunset Overdrive and come back. This is the greatest superhero game in the making.
4. Shadow of the Colossus remake ; First time playing the game, and yes I know I'm lucky for playing it now with the remake :)
5. Detroit ; Only finished Heavy Rain. If it's as good as that was then I'd be more than happy.
6. Fire Emblem Switch ; First game in the series for me but after watching some gameplay of the previous titles I think I'm going to like this one a lot.
7. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; All the things they unveiled so far indicate it's going to be the sequel people have been waiting for which means it might actually be good this time.

Most of the games I'm excited are excluded so for now this's pretty much my list. Might update later.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
1. Yakuza 6 ; After 0 being so good can't wait to see how the new engine feels and where the story goes and more Kiryu is great.
2. Spider-Man ; Love most stuff Insomnic have put out an open-world spider-man game from them is sure to get the feel right.
3. Monster Hunter World ; Looks to be the game that will get me into the series and first one based on consoles rather than portables in the current gen.
4. God of War ; like the idea of a god of war game not being another button mashing game and more story driven and it being voiced by Christopher Judge makes it better (as enjoyed him in Stargate).
5. Ace combat 7 ; looks interesting and a decent dog fighting game on the PS4 would be cool.
6. Shadow of the Colossus ; Looks like a great remaster should be fun to play.
7. Dreams ; this is def 2018? really interested to see how this will turn out but looks like there will be cool stuff created in it.
8. Bayonetta 1 and 2 (Switch) ; will finally play through Bayonetta 2 and 1.
9. Dragon Ball Fighters Z ; Not a massive fighting game person but this game looks great.
10. Ni no Kuni II ; Love the art style but missed the first game though the combat changes look interesting.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
1. Spider-Man: I like the shitty ones just because webslinging is so fun. Gimme one with actual effort and budget thnx.

2. Dragonball FighterZ: The best looking anime game this side of Persona 5. Arcsys make fun fighters. My boy Beerus is in.

3. MH World: Would have been in top 10 for sure but beta bumped it the hell up.

4. RDR II: Only R* franchise I love.

5. Ni No Kuni II: Ghibli love.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
1. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ; I love the art style and enjoy RPGs. I didn't play the first one but very excited to play this one.
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; Also haven't played the first game, but after hearing all the reverence for RDR1 I'm on board.
3. Detroit ; I like narrative-based games.
4. Dreams ; Just because it's so different from everything else.

If I think of other stuff I'll edit it in.

Also I love how people are still screwing up the formatting. There's literally a template in the OP...

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to make sure I have this right, first time doing this. So, as an example, Crackdown 3 would be ok but Ori and the Will of the Wisps would not, correct?

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; I absolutely lost myself in RDR1. 100% the campaign & undead nightmare. Easily my most anticipated title.
2. Kingdom Hearts 3 ; THIRTEEN YEARS.
3. GOD OF WAR ; Ready to start Kratos new chapter.
4. Spider-Man ; A good spider-man game is worth a substantial amount fo hours of fun gameplay. Can't wait.
5. Day's Gone ; The e3 gameplay demo sold me. And the hordes of freakers look real interesting. Not to mention, Zombie Bear.
6. Monster Hunter World ; Finally MH returns to consoles. And in a big way. The beta has been phenomenal.
7. Dragon Ball FighterZ ; Before i got my hands on it, the animation drew me in, but boy oh boy does it play SMOOTH
8. DETROIT: Become Human ; Beyond 2 Souls wasn't as compelling, but I actually love Quantic Dreams' games, and this looks like a pure evolution of Heavy Rain. Count me in.
9. One Piece: Grand Adventure ; Open world One Piece game what else needs to be said
10. Vampyr ; I love games where you are the beast.

EDIT: on the *slim and improbable* chance that EA doesn't ruin Anthem like they did Battlefront 2, that *was* my #1 game and i'd Just knock everything here down 1 spot

Last edited:

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
1. God of War ; Huge 25-35 hour Norse wide-linear action adventurer that never-ever switches or cuts camera, fades-to-black or presents a loading screen. One long continuous camera shot from start until end. By one of the best game directors in the biz.
NklL8nU76My-rEnUAuyLbRYAPWcb8pN8z2P4vXMcgqGLM9xkDXR27h2hjWtVcieeUNeu-y-6OIH_uwK1z5WAUfC33D2VCEueeOEhVOKvVoHPCqK8zW92vLf8CVga1kNrP2Y9Bh47ePHYOLO6se57D-EKSI7w77dByl0v5TgX6q7w-3DPVS4bGxSfwFNB36gksnFGkeVV3mtY-3VzSGidNg8UiiNgWmUcAA-Oxyv6cCnbc4z2f-4tvSCXhCOG5kNERlLuS8NVCTXG76v4zn4BJ7c3qgkONEca0N_t0zaUnGrbBRoGA7RbaL6kLvHNfRzbwOy8df1Tcbt28Ql-eT7JEgByTOexFuBwW_T0-d1hiw5qNuNYHbv7pKbxJqBbhIj-MBP8rzSmYGYi06PAbp7sVbqG8psr5M4toHg4RW95a9GBxyVx5eNzDFWIM0XcNWrinHRtSmBJ5FwvPb-_3aLgdqkZImOYKns2ZirdqfroSjjRN6GX7t4yNm2Y2DwKdJDga6BZ05bkXFYsMA6OuW0EyAMGkKN4xJfYeDw36CvZSd-5HPto84pth7CUgN391vkYvIG_I3Fpke0tIhoq-9LIAOz7Ezpl_WiZmT9W2soCrik=w800-h448-no

2. Dreams ; I will mainly be a consuming player and I'm expecting Media Molecule's charm to shine in every aspect and the three interweaving stories to provide an emotional punch. This weekend's live streams are killing it.
xOOdhessZicsW4jW1-LsqPq72zl-GiOCO-wqi3iuLg0jjosUBE3Bsn49C-7MLLpeM6I6wke5PzXt6X3wZW63yINbm8AUO8NM0e0tEnO9M4YIpUwzkSHCiXf5AzKDTw_lqnjDTGKhmJOdwdjKDdcvlR1bQ8slTNyqWLYniv86v8jG4XlwJ80S8s5G9uMpZ1l-Rn1r2-d4TNIsapTrCYw1myI5jaKqcQl5hDyvgfI76h1RsSaBMhm_o6QsskMwN9ZuDho5ORJ4lUTlYn9lpCEogAuvMCgsx_wk9SrGpcRjbXe06NUDwr_VJWRwXx4rh-96wPgJkMsiaSGhtW-LY9oy4o7-wpmwGZZuS4VpYy62Z12PH9p0xJe3ZcCrsls34sNo5EquThkXoN8nUJskK7R7Z0qWgXGBooDYFGCjXPXLeBUXxEGcP-f4zdQ_7urNLpoFOHLD4P2Z-yQ7Dso01Ti6Y5ZF9TZzIJTk2We-GPIbUQ2eREBZSELc9pgpxhOYYjuYLu6tJoo7jAkkUtAXTou4zBJXkFc8Gy0WqX2wp6aS39ZadYlrL_BOL_GMk27mCqkwQ4ErqQZkaGpjh1nLWWUozXEc8FC_ejm5CzUH1XASfwBkpceB3bijiaSSV6-y-5fq5Aw2iHszyKNBX2D6hDsB7TDEWRvqFHWNNRHB=w800-h448-no

3. Spider-Man ; Insomniac, Marvel and PlayStation are coming together. It will be massive in every sense of the word. Insomniac ensures gameplay will shine.
mNEnIg35j1V3ES7HOjx8oajgQtPR_dg3PLsJxcXyaiIaninTZL3S-3lQ9IkyHIil2pPQOXGW2RlfGjxcHlv-rTX6qar1goYu5fxz3mHvmZkDaykZ0GRLTYrqTAAl4c1bRiNtKIWrEerB38w0M4nS7SFzygP_pxi1CCXxfNCYUNkn-C-rWnreRzElxEkQpmeU5rnPtW6Zg6qu1TFUYXlEqE-m-3byJPNS0LWVgHV4kxefIrwDtAtWKCO8GZbJ1VC65NCQS4ZgyE83oe9hSjMorCUNP-4IAHTWGgymit26h8wWy8ejMGTVE9wrFYKqu0ZXirGdEa3abIFCwQxgbALwNYyupMsHiVNzfPGpwUrYk9yScL-UczojGVw5E9__0WDFhPYnDq73yySQhKllkwSnrlcY5Fil565NUJdEFtuy5D-h_I-ZWHCym08iCmM8RAI_HuY9jiVOvV41C5xIJuzCE97stAZ--9MwtRd6ppbELCmMhrH7lFafKZS1q2Vv85RLTFiy3K1AIaY7uTwoXm0qtDDBe8Ca1AtBg89-0GEpSVA0S3bsKFtrsTQDkf2nmIY-_tayOpvInU5iePH89eGoIdUWZeaWVuK7lzhF0s_x4R8=w800-h448-no

4. Blood and Truth ; Looks like an easy-to-pick-up high budget PSVR showcase game mixing Goldeneye 64 with a Guy Ritchie movie.
FKlHH_GHC6O8AJbImyv0jCwmYuq0NJKGYrBEuiIAKzuSvjWNanZmZwB-IV7Cg1FF4k5Y2CQ7dWX7lmxv1sc0EPgjA0jSEqeiGiJ_jucrrRbIfnS0TLGySTiBuZV1AhaVqYu3-8Th9MDNHCXegNi9hwAhRNm3sEU7riIajfZ16jpSQTL7Ez1aMqydn7B8W6iMR_D03CiwE0yfMO2Pl0DVv5FgBstTNm4uJsdXsPLOirhSpBvF366NVEz9kAOXDBOAU6IABoShALCkk2J9gVqzexVkH-j76hZLtqKytU8gjwvhb8klLtc0GwwTBvcyebK3aFWlULBHWRqbEpdOX2WjWH_UN-Se_Ns1mKG0Rlgrw7tPYqqkZLLZF2leP3lOQkfqonI3y_vRmstCZv-7d0vXx3JHJRmf2nS4AuJHGFgjNw1JGX1Yz2q8aJZy4CUr27QJf2WRl8S2NKuhudm0Pz-gulUNxCswCyfSrqetc9zN0yhdXs2JRnlkbNn1Edl8MBBytracU-oJHCIGo2nCkhYJwRQX0dF067XBjCLpkLTQ34Bs5BupVifeF-zcz8KvnxVP2QUGIp_bXwUGSr9sCgdGHnkTC8lv38UU2TRUXbeAHVk=w800-h448-no

5. Moss ; Highly polished miniature adventure VR game with a cool dual-character mouse & spirit gameplay system.
QjSNoDqGayGCWTw1ArSIWx2UEA6q5EGq2ptKEUbuEsfIiZ3jfJJTj7StIS0LojdXK9b1L712y0jCUJRLCxMS5sJL52QVtrp-V7gEkVwQFHz74uSr5OJaKGKX43zXhPgC90gTd-pwWqmxP8AHvL1Ii1eyHMh6Ul3eFIWbmCDOxMul_NP0PaG3eLhY-N2FdnELDHDH-a890TMQ2x0of2-bAi-VpqJSnP1bspIBcZ2K8OCc10iAhva7SKnYQVxZTfOdZvW86QL9n_YGqhzU80EoluAuvDRYclp3am8DlJvUB78S1zu7kB8YJ6fXvQ9wic30B7xnLGUng0uWKhhzJjZBzolP4VzlIfFIBakXbN0o6xB6eYQeEc41pWxEq47S_QFC-I3C8fLej4W1T4HRghgJT30G9dQIi3asAL7neT54NLmMNhqGGXfoWvFBRiXG3xgNRQTfgnHWCaIYfc9sgviGfezoY3GITS8x_T-R4eycBV74cKbjxzOu2pprpP-7BliBYFdKdGDfEWCPd37fws4EOPUIz2qztO_uQpKfufWTPWZzxiO78fZuCDI2spU1ikDiDTw3jS8IgqIdPuxN6RPuce6ifaS529oHQztA0C3WDyn4WPWc7xuBzah4WWPbExKi5HGAQDfT5qbgxSkGR5LPRih3An_fNu1XkHj9=w800-h448-no

6. Firewall Zero Hour ; Old-school Rainbow Six 4x4 in VR. Expecting slow & steady pace and high tension listening for subtle footsteps.
-kLqOOCb5gaaztdMnrx_jBFnzvcXeEHQyZONJYs06K4KAa2SMQnXhPw0qg8puLgNvrxtChtdrADXaFlrAakZIF-14Tqd8rGzRgc1tmN0kgtTP-iCYg8lqjzSjcHMLG4RhRe9a3YGMjslaaX-Ryym1MjLOxM2ohOYdEFom-pYz_X5FmVAWgPbTuGvmAoHdP_0GOEmJt6pZWKyWymHkuSfX6_KD2i9KzyVtVLi4BTqlIpmul_3EV0K45gbdjQwlGRttoLeOzjKWBCtHjJJG01iwcIojy_hQ091C_QI0v6CMfZ9U9kypxFXCtzOj1bytIXDzsb9XkHjycDnSRHRiId8HTV7pKBti88kzBqj8KfBNW_A8AlU9KeUoQeDcXyMG5bl4rYg2NJkL1WNiBNWxbj-YdvW16XP4C89AgvxZnmc-l5JeNqKTdSSqWi0gPA4fCTxq74bxjYTz2XCyt9ZUrojzzmi5mo3taC-Cglmqmm75UJnRcQWMw6AmmITgcKoX3x5_qcyRy3BSLY_WRhOPomO406ewm4aSmghiTlAU8m5USRzK8-aNnSEpwOAyZGofaPqbRY0TIuDZTm7n2FPikmVfN6j3OgCW0u1H1o53F7S8ftFFeF8DRU-NjM6Mb-PikRxIOKU4B8J-lQ1NNoZloG6Omrsqk5Ey5jNbugB=w800-h448-no

Honorable mention:
Ghost of Tsushima. OP sais this is not eligible despite developers making a huge point of announcing it late in the process (and traditionally being very timely developers). Would be at the top otherwise.
Shadows Die Twice. I feel FROM Software don't announce too far out and that this will be 2018 but I know too little at this point to reasonably include it. But if this is another spin on the Souls series then it will likely be Goty whatever year it releases...

Last edited:

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
1. Monster Hunter; Beta was pretty good, performance and nitpicks aside. Can't believe I'm playing an HD monhun, and the core game is perfectly intact!
2. God of War; Huge fan of the series, really curious about where they're going with the franchise.
3. Dbz fighters; Game looks fast and amazing. Hoping this will scratch my Budokai itch.
4. Red Dead Redemption 2; Open world Rockstar games are always great. Would've been number one, but I have no faith that red dead online will be anything but a mtx hell.
5. Yakuza 6; I'm so ready to try out the new engine. I'm a little burnt out on the Yakuza formula tho. Hopefully a year will be enough of a break.
6. Detroit: Become Human; Although, I'm not buying it. I'm looking forward to the Super Best Friends playthrough lol.

Last edited:

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1. Valkyria Chronicles 4 ; not only is the franchise returning, it is going back to the roots of the first game. Couldn't be more excited.
2. Fire Emblem ; I've been a little iffy about some of the more recent Fire Emblem games, but I still like the franchise, and I still want to play the new one for Switch, even if we know nothing about it.

And... that's it. I have more games I'm anticipating, but those are the only two that are confirmed for a 2018 release.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
1. Megaman 11: As a relatively recent convert to the Megaman franchise (only starting with 9 on the Wii), I've become hooked on the tough as nails platforming present in the MM series. The promise of a continuation and evolution of this gameplay paired with a refreshing new artstyle has me chomping at the bit for Megaman 11.

2. Project Octopath Traveller: Simply put, the demo for Octopath blew me away. I was sunk so many hours into that small chunk of the game, it's aesthetic is to die for and makes you want to do nothing other than explore the world around you.

3. Dreams: This game intimidates me more than anything else, as someone who was constantly astonished by the things people did in LittleBigPlanet 2, the idea of giving those same folks a platform with none of the restrictions they had to work around is mindblowing. While I will likely never build any dreams worth sharing, I can't wait to explore so many others.

4. Red Dead Redemption 2: This would likely be a lot higher up the list if I wasn't so weary of the inevitable online mode being overwhelming (and unavailable to me, as someone who doesn't pay for PS+), and whilst I would rather they just gave us the PC version day-and-date, I'll likely cave to get this on PS4 with the rest of mankind.

5. Spider-Man: Homecoming got me so pumped for a Spider-Man game, and Insomniac have done no wrong in the last decade or so. The promise of a great Superhero game is one that cannot be ignored.

6. God of War: I have never been a GoW fan, but this reboot seems to be doing all the right things. If it is the breath of fresh air it's making itself out to be, I'll be there day one.

7. Biomutant: THQ Nordic is bringing something completely new and it's own to us in 2018, and while it's still has some things to prove to me, I'm rooting so hard for Biomutant to be something special.

8. Onrush: Arcade racing is long overdue a comeback, Onrush has big shoes to fill, but is built on a solid foundation. The spiritual successor to Motorstorm deserves some love.

9. A Way Out: While the game itself hasn't particular impressed me yet, the co-op idea behind it makes me very excited. The prospect of playing this bespoke two person adventure with my sister is very appealing, and if the gameplay behind it is solid, A Way Out is going to be a 2018 highlight.

10. The Wolf Among Us: Season 2: It's been too long since Season 1, and it's nice Telltale are finally giving us the next chapter of this story.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Yakuza 6 The Song Of Life ; Kiryu's last game and the first next gen Yakuza. As a Yakuza fan this can't be ignored.
2. God Of War 4 ; I have played every single God Of War and I am always down for more, a new setting and more emotional Kratos are a plus.
3. Dreams ; Makers of Little Big Planet are back and are going to create something huge. As with LBP, I am looking forward to what creators do with better tools.
4.Days Gone ; The idea of this game sounds so amazing and I think the game will blow minds when it comes out.
5. Dynasty Warriors 9 ; I have always liked the musou games, a good chill button masher is always a good time. Looking forward to the open world and what it will bring into the series.
6. The Wolf Among Us Season 2 ; After so many years of wishing for a new season, we are finally getting it.
7. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night ; Always down for a good IGAvania and this looks very promising.
8. Monster Hunter World ; I am looking forward to diving into this series. This game seems to be a good introduction for me.
9. Detroit ; The Game looks awesome and I love these games, makes for a good palate cleanser.
10. Spider-Man ; Its been a long time since we got a good Spider Man game and this looks very promising.

Honorable mentions:
Red Dead Redemption II ; Rockstar have been one of the best game developers ever until GTA5 came out with its Online focus. I am looking forward to this game just to see what their future is going to be and if they will ever go back to how they used to, as in making awesome single player games. Would have been much higher had GTA5 not come out with its online focus.

Mega Man 11 ; How can't I be exited for a new Mega Man? After this, I hope they go back to the Metroid FPS style Mega Man shown a few years back and create it.

Last edited: