• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
2019_Voting_Banner.png

It's that time again! What games are you looking forward to most in 2019?

RULES
  • Please follow the sample ballot posted below. Use of images are allowed, and even encouraged, as long as you follow the proper formatting. List games using their full titles. You can list up to 10 games, numbering them from 1 to 10. Use the list function, bold the title of the game, and separate game title and your comment with anything (hyphen, semicolon, whatever). Formatting help is posted below so please check it out!
  • Make sure at least one game on your ballot includes a comment. As per the forum rules, list threads are not allowed, and any ballot that is a pure list will be discarded.
  • Do not reserve a post. There is no rush to be on the first page, post when you're actually ready. Any posts like this will be reported.
  • Games from any region are eligible. This means region exclusive games or late localizations to a new region are allowed.
  • Ports of older games to a new system are eligible. Remakes, remasters, straight ports, they're all good.
  • Only games confirmed or estimated for a 2019 release are eligible. Things listed as "February 2019," "Summer 2019," or even just a "TBA 2019" is fair game. Anything without a confirmed year cannot be on your list. Wikipedia's list of 2019 games is a good resource, but go ahead and shoot me a PM or ask in the thread if you're not sure. See below for details.
  • Editing your post is allowed anytime up until the deadline. This includes editing your post to add new games announced after this thread goes up.
  • Don't be afraid to post content in this thread besides your actual ballot! Discuss other people's votes, ask questions, whatever. Having actual discussion in this thread would be great. Just be civil, this is all for fun!
Voting Ends: Monday, January 1st at 8:59pm PST / 11:59pm EST. No exceptions.

INELIGIBLE GAMES
  • Demos
  • Expansions
  • Games that do not have a confirmed or estimated 2019 release; e.g. The Last of Us Part II, Halo Infinite, Metroid Prime 4, Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon Age 4.
  • Games that have not been officially announced; e.g. Bloodborne II, Star Fox: Grand Prix, Harry Potter.
SAMPLE BALLOT

Ready to vote? Get started quickly by copying and pasting the ballot below into your reply. To ensure the parser correctly tabulates your ballot, please follow this format as closely as possible. Don't actually post "Game A" or "Your thoughts on Game A," etc. Remember, you must have at least one comment on your ballot or it may not be counted.

Ballot Guidelines:
  • Lists must be created using the ordered list option in RTF OR using "list=1" if using BBCode editor.
  • The game title must be bolded.
  • You can use anything to break between a bolded game title and your comment. Hyphens, semi-colons, colons, etc.
  • At least one game needs a comment!
foridiots3.png

1. Game A - Your thoughts on Game A.
  2. Game B - Your thoughts on Game B.
  3. Game C - Your thoughts on Game C.
  4. Game D - Your thoughts on Game D.
  5. Game E - Your thoughts on Game E.
  6. Game F - Your thoughts on Game F.
  7. Game G - Your thoughts on Game G.
  8. Game H - Your thoughts on Game H.
  9. Game I - Your thoughts on Game I.
  10. Game J - Your thoughts on Game J.

BALLOT SCORING
  1. Game A - 4 points
  2. Game B - 3 points
  3. Game C - 3 points
  4. Game D - 2 points
  5. Game E - 2 points
  6. Game F - 2 points
  7. Game G - 1 point
  8. Game H - 1 point
  9. Game I - 1 point
  10. Game J - 1 point
Archive

That's all folks~

t1546405200z1.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Imperator: Rome
  2. Judgment - Yakuza Yakuza Yakuza
  3. Wargroove
  4. Phoenix Point
  5. In the Valley of Gods
  6. Wolfenstein: Young Blood
  7. DOOM Eternal
  8. Crackdown 3

hi muzz

Last edited:

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts III - It's been what, a decade? I'm ready to see the conclusion of the current saga, and it's KH. So you know the game is going to be fun to play.
  2. Resident Evil 2 Remake - Liked what I saw from the trailers. No fixed cameras, and no tank controls. Looks like a solid remake, and I enjoyed my time with RE5-7. So more RE is great news.
  3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - No pair up mechanic. So you know it's going to be more fun than than the Fates games, it's all I needed to see/read.
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - The old crew is back, but the game is also taking heavy inspirations from DmC. Game looks more like DmC sequel than a DMC IV sequel lol.
  5. Mortal Kombat 11 - The only fighting game series that I don't regret purchasing day 1. Meaty single player content, and I had a lot fun with MK9/X.
  6. Pokemon Gen 8 / 2019 - Its Pokemon. Could honestly go higher or lower depending on how much it's going to take from the Let's Go series.
  7. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - Don't have a cart racer for the PS4. Looks like it'll be a fun time to play with friends.
  8. Anthem - Just seems like a fun game to play with friends.
  9. Judgement - Ace Attorney meets Yakuza? Interesting concept.
  10. Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition - Never owned a 360, so I never got to play the original release. Apparently it's the best Tales games, so I'm interested in finally giving it a shot.

Last edited:

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
  1. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  2. Team Sonic Racing - I think CTR will be the better game but still looking forward to this.
You know what that's basically it for me. If that StarFox racing game gets announced then 2019 will officially become the year of the mascot racer.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - It's my favorite Franchsie ever and it's looks great so far. Of course. It's just a teaser, but the art style and music leave off a great first impression for me.
  2. Kingdom Hearts III - waited years for this game and looks good so far. Tho im gonna be way behind on that mess of a story.
  3. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Love the original and seems to follow in its footsteps. Either way, Luigi will make this gams charming.
  4. Resident Evil 2 Remake - love what I've seen so far. Also, I like the original years ago, even tho I never really got far enough.
Does Pokémon Gen 8 count? I doubt it since it has no date(even tho they said 2019) but just checking

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Man, this just made me realize that nothing announced that I'm interested in has a firm release window (much less release date). Looks like at least the first half of 2018 will be clearing some backlog and getting to things I missed until things like TLOU2 and Metroid Prime for and other long known about but date-less games start coming out.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Just going to preface my list- I bet for sure my most anticipated game is something I haven't heard of yet- kind of like how the Tetris Effect was far and away my most anticipated game of last year despite it only being announced around E3

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - while the story of Fates was terrible, I loved the gameplay of it, and can't wait to see what they do next with the franchise
  2. Resident Evil 2 - One of my all time favorite games is getting a modern remake!
  3. Judgment - Not just happy for a new Yakuza studio game, excited to see it getting a loving localization for the first time as well. I hope this gets picked up by more people!
  4. Dead or Alive 6 - I'm kind of glad they are turning the T & A down a bit here, because I love the gameplay of DOA- the counters have always looked BRUTAL- but the cheesecake element has always been a turnoff
  5. Devil May Cry 5 - It's going to have been 10 years between mainline entries in this series- and Capcom has rebounded significantly as a company in that time
  6. Bloodstaind - It's been so long since I backed this game, and it's not even coming out on the Vita anymore, but it's also been a decade since Iga's last Metroidvania
  7. Kingdom Hearts 3 - not because i'm actually going to play the game, but i'm fascinated to watch the 3 hour long youtube videos trying to explain the plot of the game, AND it should revitalize the shipping community around the game, which will provide a steady stream of content.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
1. Resident Evil 2
2. Devil May Cry 5
3. Tales of Vesperia Remaster
4. Judgement
5. Kingdom Hearts III

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda of amazing that Smash was announced and released before we made a "most anticipated game" thread lol

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
  1. Kingdom Hearts III
  2. Resident Evil 2 Remake
  3. Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuel
  4. Devil May Cry 5
  5. Pokemon 2019
  6. Anthem
  7. Dreams
  8. Animal Crossing
  9. Left Alive
  10. Judgement

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5 - After 10 whole years, Devil May Cry 5 is Capcom Division 1's true return to the stylish character action foray. DMC5 looks to be an amalgamation of what's made the previous games great and with the oncoming conclusion to the Sons of Sparda saga, I'm eagerly anticipating where the series will go next.
  2. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - I'm a huge fan of Grasshopper Manufacture's output (yes, even Let It Die and Killer is Dead). Travis Strikes Again marks the titular protagonist's return to the gaming world since No More Heroes 2 in a stylish flair. While concerns have been levied about the game's radical change in direction, the fact that this is Suda's first time in the director's seat since the original No More Heroes and the emphasis on a more 'indie-like' development has me intrigued. After playing the game at EGX, I have no doubt that the game will be a joy to play through with no shortage of that Suda madness we all know and love.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  4. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  5. Mortal Kombat 11
  6. RAGE 2

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Is Nioh 2 eligible? I found some sites saying 2019 but other sites saying it's TBD.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Judgment - RGG studio is on a roll and I'm here for it. They're being super smart about the localization here, too: a dub for broader appeal and original JP voices for people accustomed to Yakuza games. Can't wait.
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3 - Haven't touched a KH game since 2 was first released, so I'm ready for more
  3. Resident Evil 2 - Played through REmake a few months ago (first time playing through RE1 in any form) and was really impressed, it holds up. Really interested in seeing how this remake of 2 shapes up.
  4. Doom Eternal - Sure, I'll play more Doom

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Judgement - Any excuse to go to Kamurocho, I will take
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Shenmue III
  4. Devil May Cry 5
  5. Resident Evil 2
  6. Animal Crossing
  7. Luigi's Mansion 3
  8. Kingdom Hearts 3
  9. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
  10. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All of the best games aren't eligible. So this is going to be kind of rough and not look great.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
1. Animal Crossing - It's been too long since New Leaf, and I still find myself coming back from time to time and playing it for weeks at a time. Can't wait.
2. Pokemon
3. Indivisible
4. Judgement
5. Wargroove
6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
1. Outer worlds - its the modern fallout game i wanted, and i am very excited to see how it turns out.
2. Dreams - a game where you can create almost everything, what more could you ask for, cant wait to see what people with much more creativity than me do with this haha
3. Kingdom Hearts 3 - finally an end to this story arc that is like the avengers infinity wars of games.
4. Devil May Cry 5 - looks awesome and 60FPS at this fidelity just looks fantastic, i never played a game in the franchise which is why i place it at number 4.
5. Judgement - Yakuza devs make a yakuza x ace attorney game? sounds interesting as hell.

TBH the games that i really am excited for are last of us 2 and Death Stranding but because a 2019 year is not confirmed I cannot list them sadly. I really hope they are 2019 games. If they are we will know soon enough.

Is Nioh 2 eligible? I found some sites saying 2019 but other sites saying it's TBD.
I am fairly certain Nioh 2 is not confirmed for 2019. It is probably speculation because the game feels significantly further away.

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5 - I don't think I've been as hyped for a game as I have for this. DMC IS BACK!
  2. Resident Evil 2 - This game looks utterly terrifying, and I'm going to love every minute of it.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - This looks like the game I wanted Nioh to be.
  4. Judgement - I'll always take more from the Yakuza studio!
I can't really think of any more right now...but the ones I am hyped for, I am mega hyped for.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - It's a new FromSoftware game. 'Nuff said.
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The first game is still one of my favourite experiences this gen. I can't see how this could fail to be sublime.
  3. Dreams - What I've played has made me beyond excited for Dreams. I think it - and the community creations - are gonna be special.
  4. Crackdown 3 - I'm the biggest Crackdown (1!) fan you'll find. I need to know. Gimme those agility orbs.
  5. The Outer Worlds - Yes.
  6. Gears 5 - The E3 trailer was probably my surprise of the show. Surprise in that I'm really over-the-top excited for it after seeing the work they've done. It looks new, it looks wonderful.
  7. Heaven's Vault - I played this new Inkle game at EGX this year and totally fell in love. An adventure game with a really unbelievably cool language system. I'm fully in after that demo. Counting down the days.
  8. Super Meat Boy Forever - I want Super Meat Boy. Forever.
  9. The Good Life - New Swery game set in my home country? WITH CATS?
  10. Town - Very into a new Game Freak game for Switch. Obviously Pokemon is god tier but they also developed Pocket Card Jockey that I ended up adoring.

EDIT: Initially had In The Valley of Gods in here but someone quite rightly corrected me that it's TBD, not 2019.

Last edited:

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
  1. Pokémon - A proper new gen on a HD console. I loved Let's Go but my hype level for the 8th gen is unmeasurable.
  2. Bayonetta 3 - The Queen is back and no one will stop her.
  3. Metroid Prime 4 - Just being more of the same but in HD is enough to be in my top 3. I'd rather have it to play it safe instead of ending with another Other M situation.
  4. Resident evil 2 - Resident Evil 7 went in a direction that I wasn't expecting and I'm glad to see that RE2R is going back to the RE I love. Not that RE7 was bad. Just not what I want from a RE game.
  5. Devil May Cry 5 - It looks insane so far. I'll miss DmC but more old school Dante is never a bad thing.
  6. Animal Crossing - I hope that going from 3DS to Switch is going to allow the developers to increase the scale of the world. I want more variety than just one town!

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The Blind Forest is one of my favourite games of the generation. With the new combat gameplay additions, I expect the sequel to be even better!
  2. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - I was a Mario Kart kid during the 5th era, so I feel kind of bullish by putting CTR so high on my list. Kart racer wars aside, the praise I've read about the original game here on Era makes me very eager to try it!
  3. Gears 5 - Gears 4 was a solid first entry from The Coalition. With Gears 5 it looks like they're taking it to the next level. Still early days in terms of gameplay shown, but some of the concepts shown in the reveal trailer seems intriguing.
  4. Resident Evil 2 - It looks like a perfect blend between the survival horror of RE1+2 and the action horror of RE4+5. This is the Resident Evil game I've been waiting for since... well RE4.
  5. Bloodstained - Huge fan of Igarashi's Castlevanias on PS1 and the DS. While the marketvania is very crowded right now, I have high hopes that the OG can bring something great to the table
  6. Control - Speaking of Metroidvanias... Remedy could be onto something really special with this one. Digging what I've heard about the story and game structure thus far.
  7. The Outer Worlds - I need to see more of this game, but hopefully it becomes the spiritual successor to New Vegas that we've been waiting for.
  8. Crackdown 3 - The first Crackdown was one of my top 3D platformers last gen. I'll admit the sequel is playing it very safe, but having waited this long for a proper sequel I'm glad the devs went this way.
  9. Trials Rising - It's more Trials and it's about time!
  10. Anthem - I'm rooting for Bioware here. I really want them to have a new win after ME:A and the layoffs.
Honorable mentions:
-FFVII, IX, X, XII coming to Xbox
-Battletoads (I'm not entirely sure that it's coming out in 2019 tbh)
-Sekiro
-Tunic
-Team Sonic Racing (Not too fond of the decision to make it team based, but I hope it's good)

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Easiest #1 pick ever. It's From Software, it's Miyazaki, it's got ninjas and samurai and big monsters and ruined castles. And a prosthetic arm doing cool shit. What more does a Souls fan need?
  2. Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Shooting nazis + female leads + coop = yes please
  3. The Outer Worlds - Might be the new New Vegas we have been waiting for.
  4. Valfaris - From the creators of Slain, a metal-as-fvck sci-fi side-scrolling run-and-gun with gorgeous pixel art.
  5. Indivisible - I backed this for a lot of money, so yeah. :P
  6. Bloodstained - See above
  7. Gears 5 - Because I like Gears and it's one of the only remaining couch-coop games I can play with my SO
  8. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I want this, even if I still need to play the first one... >_<
  9. Medievil - I'd love to see a revamped, modern version of this game, so why not.
  10. Resident Evil 2 - Curious to see how they handle this one.

Removing this one because probably not eligible :(
Nioh 2 - Another easy one. First one was my GOTY 2017, a sequel that improves on its flaws and adds a character creator? Yessssssss.

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5 - Massive action game fan and DMC fan. This game looks like a love letter to the fans. Couple it with budget and time and I expect great things.
  2. Mortal Kombat 11 - Favorite fighting game franchise. Expect new gameplay features, great graphics and hopefully new animations.
  3. Anthem - Bioware's main team so I expect atleast a competent story. 5+ years of development and it already feels extremely good. Content is the only question at this point.
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Makers of Bloodborne, which is my 3rd favorite game of this generation.
  5. Nioh 2 - Loved the first one, team ninja at its finest. Still the best combat engine this gen. Have high hopes for more diversified content.
  6. Kingdom Hearts 3 - Its been 10 years, finally can see the ending
  7. Days Gone - The next big first party title from PlayStation so I expect another super fun and polished title. Bend has a history of strong titles as well.
  8. Resident Evil 2 - Never played the original but hear good things so I'm all in.
  9. Division 2 - After all the patches on Division 1, the game ended up pretty well. If Division 2 can start where Division 1 left off, it'll be good.
  10. Metro: Exodus - Very atmospheric FPS, hopefully will get my Bioshock - like fix from this game

Last edited:

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of backwards ass logic is it that TLOU2 or Death Stranding cant get nominated, but games like Pokemon(no title) which honestly might as well not exist cause we know nothing about it, can get nominated.

kbmyac

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  2. Days Gone
  3. Dreams
  4. Crash Team Racing
  5. Rage2
  6. MediEvil
  7. Anthem
  8. Mortal Kombat 11
  9. Metro
  10. HongKong Massacre (provided it does release in 2019)

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts 3 - This is a game that I've been looking forward too for what has felt like and really is a decade, ever since the 2nd game ended. I'm excited for this game for a multitude of reasons; the combat, the worlds, the characters, and of course the plot and how Sora and Xehanort's story will end. I'm beyond excited actually, I know that Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be a game that will leave a lasting impression on me and is a game that I'll likely play through multiple times in the future. January 29th is almost here, and it's a honestly a weird feeling knowing that I'll be playing this game soon.
  2. The Outer Worlds - The Outer Worlds is what sounds like everything I want in an RPG. It's from the people who did Fallout: New Vegas, one of my favorite games of all time, has what looks like an interesting world with a cast of interesting characters, RPG elements that I've missed like skill checks in dialogue, a combat system that looks to be fun and nice enough to mess around with, and of course a Sci-Fi setting that I wish more RPG's would use. I'm very interested in this game, and how it looks to be a spiritual successor to New Vegas. I can't wait.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - What else can I say besides FromSoftware? Time and time again FromSoftware has shown their ability to make really interesting worlds with just as interesting characters and lore, but it's also the combat that many games from them possess. Sekiro looks to continue that from the Souls games and Bloodborne. The combat looks fun, the world looks beautiful and realized, and the bosses are sure to be memorable. The more I see from this game the more hyped I get, and once again I can't wait to be completely sucked into a From Software game and be left with a long-lasting impression.
  4. Animal Crossing - Animal Crossing has always been one of my favorite series' from Nintendo. It's a game where I feel I can truly live another life; like first moving into a home and slowly beginning to build it up from the empty shell it used to be to an actual place to live and be happy in. Not to mention, become friends with the other residents of my town and enjoy the many side activities the town offers, like fishing and the usual holiday events and traditions. We don't know much about this game right now, but I can't wait to learn more and once again truly immerse myself into a colorful and just relaxing place.
  5. Psychonauts 2 - The first Psychonauts is a unique game to say the least, but is also a game that completely surprised me with its gameplay, world, art-style, interesting and distinct characters, and of course the story of Raz and his time at summer camp. It's a game that I wanted a sequel for, and finally we're getting one. From what we've seen of the game it looks to continue what made the first one so interesting and unique, and I'm of course excited and hopeful for it.
I'll add more later, I'll just start with these five for now.

Last edited:

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Animal Crossing - The game of forever. I've put so many hours into Wild World and New Leaf and cannot wait to do it all again.
  2. Pokemon - Still haven't dug into Let's Go yet and I skipped Sun/Moon/US/UM, so I'm eager to see what they do with the formula this time around.
  3. Gears of War 5 - Sounds like they're bringing a lot of necessary changes to the formula, finally. More open level design, proper vehicle traversal, and a continuing story which I've always enjoyed.
  4. Metro: Exodus - Similarly to Gears, I am intrigued by the more open nature of the level design they are promising, however I am still not 100% sold with its placement in this series. I've loved the linearity to the past Metro games, and hope the game doesn't get too large.
  5. Crackdown 3 - Loved the original and I'm not looking at this game to do anything crazy with the formula. Just a fun game to play and zone out to.
That's pretty much it. Anthem is a big question mark for me as I've been burned too many times by these sorts of games so I am holding off of it for the foreseeable future. I've got KH3 pre-ordered as well, as I was a massive fan of the first 2, but man I could not any less interested in it if I tried. Everything they've shown has looked so boring to me, and I think it's because I really have no interest in modern Disney properties.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Pokemon gen 8
  2. Fire Emblem Three Houses
  3. Kngdom Hearts 3
  4. Animal Crossing Switch

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
1- Reisdent Evil 2 Remake
2- The Outer Worlds
3- Sekiro
4- Metro
5- Days Gone
6- Judgement
7-The Sinking City
8- Gears 5
9- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
10- Luigi's Mansion 3

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
Kingdom Hearts III
Resident Evil 2: Remake
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts III - It's here! It's happening! Years waiting for this one, I'm sure it's the same for tons of people. Sora's journey is finally coming to an end (At least, when the topic is Xehanort lol).
  2. Resident Evil 2 Remake
  3. Pokémon Gen 8
  4. Devil May Cry 5
  5. Days Gone
  6. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  7. Mortal Kombat XI
  8. Tales of Vesperia Remaster
  9. Warcraft 3: Reforged
  10. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Last edited:

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5- I don't think I've been as hyped for a game as I have for this. DMC IS BACK!
  2. Resident Evil 2- This game looks utterly terrifying, and I'm going to love every minute of it.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice- This looks like the game I wanted Nioh to be.
  4. Judgement-I'll always take more from the Yakuza studio!
I can't really think of any more right now...but the ones I am hyped for, I am mega hyped for.

This is basically what I was gonna post. No other big games really interest me at the moment.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
  1. Resident Evil 2 - Kind of hard to make a list this year with so much of it unknown. Though thankfully Capcom has two titles in one FY that'll probably tide me over for the rest of the year. Especially if I end up getting 100% in RE2 across all platforms.
  2. Devil May Cry 5
  3. No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Last edited:

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
  1. Pokémon Gen 8: I have not bought Let's Go and the need for more Pokémon is real. There is not much more to talk about.
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses. One of my favorite ips, the changes that have been shown have me intrigued
  3. Kingdom Hearts 3: I need to the end the trilogy
  4. Daemon X Machina: I just love mechas
  5. The Outer Worlds: It looks like a successor to Fallout New Vegas, one of my favorite games.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - The original Ori was one of my favorite games this generation. A sequel that expands on that with combat mechanics and more customization? Can't imagine anything else knocking it off this spot.
  2. Control - Don't know much about the game since I was sold on the developer credentials alone and didn't need anything else. I trust Remedy to bring the goods.
  3. MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - MechWarrior 2 and my Sidewinder 3D Pro were memorable moments of my childhood. Finally getting a return to singleplayer MechWarrior makes me very, very hopeful for the game.
  4. Resident Evil 2 - Before I jumped into a media blackout I was blown away at how great the game looks and the utter sense of dread Capcom has brought back to the game all these years later. Cannot wait to be surprised while exploring the police station again.
  5. Gears 5 - The Coalition did a great job with Gears 4. Seeing what they do to expand on that gameplay is an exciting prospect.
  6. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - Been wanting to delve into Ace Combat for a long while now so the launch of 7 with HOTAS support on console is finally going to do it for me.
  7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - A souls-style game with more of a focus on moment to moment gameplay and less of an emphasis on equipment and progression? You've got me curious.
  8. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - IGA produced Castlevania games always nailed something I loved about the genre, replayability. If Ritual of the Night can bring in that level of bonus characters and modes we're all in for a great time.
  9. Sable - Absolutely gorgeous artstyle.
  10. Tunic - I don't want to get my hopes too high for the 2019 release window but I'm really, really looking forward to this game.
Honorable mentions...
  • Indivisible - The game looks wonderful. Love seeing hand drawn 2D HD art in RPGs.
  • Days Gone - Bend Studio coming back to console development is exciting news.
  • The Outer Worlds - Excited but I'd like to see more (and finally get New Vegas out of my backlog)
  • Devil May Cry 5 - Demo was great and looks amazing, just want to get caught up on the series first.
  • Rage 2 - A DOOM level surprise would be amazing stuff.
  • Phoenix Point - Loving the vibe of everything shown of from this game so far.
  • Wasteland 3 - I really, really want this to be a more polished experience than Wasteland 2. InXile already has the structure down, the game just needs to be in a strong state to really knock the socks off folk.
  • Sea of Solitude - Wonderful trailer at E3. Would love to see more.

Last edited:

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
  1. Untitled Goose Game - honk
  2. Judgement - A Yakuza with detective elements seems almost comically designed just for me
  3. The Outer Worlds
  4. Animal Crossing
  5. Pokemon Gen 8
  6. In the Valley of Gods
  7. Psychonauts 2
  8. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - Less interested now that they've shown a bit more but it's still Suda's grand return to directing. Hard not to be excited.
  9. Biomutant
  10. TOWN - (Working Title)

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5 - I've been waiting for this thing for an entire decade, always believed it'd eventually come out even when the reboot was in development, the announcement of the game almost made me tear up from happiness.
  2. Anthem - I love Bioware and I've been meaning to get into loot shooters but I've never gotten the chance, it having free story expansions also makes this a very enticing purchase for me as someone who hates the idea of shelling $40-$50 per year on top of the base game to get more content.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - the remake of the second game of my favorite video game franchise, everything I've seen from it makes it a strong contender for the best third person survival horror game in the genre.
  4. The Outer Worlds - I adore Obsidian's games and as someone who had a very sour experience with Fallout 4, I can't wait to play a proper new Fallout game, even if it doesn't share the same name.
  5. Doom Eternal - the 2016 was a joy to play and despite its simplicity, it never bore me, I hope that the sequel is as fun!
  6. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled - I've been asking for this ever since the trilogy remaster, I only pray that it's 60fps on consoles, else I'd have to wait for the PC version, the original game is my favorite kart racing game.
  7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Miyazaki is one of my favorite Japanese directors and I've played most of the Soulsbornekiro series, except for Dark Souls 3, so I'll eventually get this after beating that one.
  8. Rage 2 - Not a lot of people seem excited for this on the interweb? But everything I've seen from this game looks just my cup of tea.
  9. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Well... I like Respawn, and I hate Star Wars, I'm excited for it but at the same time I'm somewhat disappointed that it's a Star Wars game, doesn't help that the reveal was super lackluster and I can't muster any hype for this other than Respawn having some of the best designers in the industry.
  10. Mortal Kombat 11 - It's a Mortal Kombat game, and it sure looks like a Mortal Kombat game all right from the screenshots we've seen, and we sure new it existed long before MKX even came out, it's my least hyped game but I'm still super interested in it and hoping that NRS outdo themselves yet again with another stellar story mode.

Last edited:

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
  1. Devil May Cry 5: long time fan of the franchise. Been waiting for this for 10 years now. Out of the 16M views for Devil Trigger on Youtube, more than 100 are surely mine. What else can i say?
  2. Sekiro: Shadows die Twice- Massive From Software fan since i first laid my hands on Bloodborne. I love the setting of this new game and really appreciate the changes of genre and tone of it compared to the studio's previous entriesThe lack of a stamina bar and and the focus on verticality got me pumped too
  3. Tunic- There's not much i can say about this one. It just looks cute and well made. Sold
  4. Metro: Exodus: The Metro series nails one thing that i love: atmosphere and sense of place. The gameplay and mechanics are not the best, but the setting, storytelling and locations are more than enough . Exodus looks the best one yet.

Last edited:

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
1. Dreams - Knowing this game has a VR component to it made the decision to invest in PSVR all the easier. I can't wait to make things and play what others make. In VR.
2. Concrete Genie - I love the style and the story concept.
3. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled - One of my favorite games of all time is getting the Remake treatment—what's not to love?
4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - You had better not mess this up, EA!
5. Anthem - If it plays like Mass Effect and feels like Destiny, I'm in.
6. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - VR flying. Yes, please.
7. In the Valley of Gods - From the makers of Firewatch... say no more.
8. Vacation Simulator - This should be funny.

Honorable Mention: Ghost of Tsushima (2019?)

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Here is my list of my most anticipated games:

1. Judgment- I am a huge Yakuza fan and when this game was announced it was day one for me. I am very excited to play a game set in the Yakuza universe where there are new characters and stories.
  2. Anthem- I am very excited to play BioWares next game. It looks really good and I think that the story and narrative could be a step above games like Destiny and The Division.
  3. Devil May Cry 5- It is about time for a new Devil May Cry game. I really liked Devil May Cry 4 and this game looks terrific.
  4. Dead or Alive 6- I am huge Dead or Alive fan and am glad there is another game on the way.
  5. Mortal Kombat 11- I am very excited to see what new modes and gameplay mechanics they add to the game. I am also excited about the storyline as well.
  6. Rage 2- This game looks so fun. It reminds of an open world Bulletstorm.
  7. Days Gone- I am excited to see how this game turns out. I am interested what the story will be.
  8. Far Cry: New Dawn- I really liked Far Cry 5 and I am eager to see what happens after the events of Far Cry 5.
  9. Crackdown 3- It is about time for a new Crackdown game. I am very interested to see what happens in the new one.
  10. The Division 2- I liked the first game and think the second game looks really good. I also like that it takes in a place Washington DC because I live in the area.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
What kind of backwards ass logic is it that TLOU2 or Death Stranding cant get nominated, but games like Pokemon(no title) which honestly might as well not exist cause we know nothing about it, can get nominated.

It's a 'Most Anticipated Games of 2019' list. We don't know if Death Stranding or TLOU2 are 2019. They haven't been announced as 2019. Nintendo have announced a new Pokemon game is coming in late 2019.

It might not of course. But, for now, it could be your most anticipated game of 2019. You'd just be making up a release date if you said Death Stranding.

Also, if we allowed Death Stranding then I'd just have Death Stranding in slots 1-10 so I'd miss out on the other 9 games :(

R3birthFl4me

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5 - 10 fucking years baby, 10 fucking years of waiting and finally the time has come.
  2. Resident Evil 2 - Just need to kill that HD crocodile, that is all.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I've been waiting a long time to play a new Tenchu game and in March I will do just that.
  4. Doom Eternal - After kicking some demon ass with Dante, I will do it again with the Doom Slayer.
  5. Shenmue III - Can't wait to walk around as Ryo looking like a robot and not finding any sailors.
  6. Kingdom Hearts III - Fuck the story, I just want to kill some heartless and seeing Donald sucking ass at doing his job.
  7. Dead or Alive 6 - I may be one of the few people that plays this series because of the combat, the fan service is just a plus.
  8. Babylon's Fall - Developed by Platinum Games, I'm in.
  9. Judgment - I always wanted to play a Yakuza game.
  10. Mortal Kombat 11 - I may be one of the few people that plays MK for the gore, the kombat is just a plus.

Last edited:

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
  1. Wasteland 3 - Little weary of this now that MS has purchased inXile, but I loved WL2
  2. The Outer Worlds - Again, loved their work on NV, and its SP! In!
  3. Disco Elysium - Yumm
  4. Biomutant - deliciiously new, looks to be very unique and fun. Sleeper hit potential right here.
  5. Sea of Solitude - OMG The feels from the E3 trailer, and the concept behind trying to find out why she became a monster ...
  6. Metro - Loved the books, love the 1st two games, ready for more.
  7. In the Valley of the Gods - Firewatch devs, hello, will have an impactful story
  8. Days Gone - I like Zombies, sue me.
  9. Resident Evil 2 Remake - See Days Gone, except infected, and played it to death back in the day.
  10. Daemon x Machina - Mechs on the go, and looks very beautiful
Many I would list here are NOT confirmed for 2019 .. but all of these should be fun!

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
1. Mortal Kombat 11: Ever have those moments where you suddenly remember just how much you like something? That was me last week when MK11 got announced. It's an IP I've loved since I was a kid and Netherrealm is the best in the industry at delivering good fighters with meaningful single player content.

2. Dreams: This mostly comes from a place of complete trust in Media Molecule. Their games are beautiful, charming and amazing for people like me looking to express themselves.

3. Devil May Cry 5: Return of the king. This series always has amazing gameplay and some of the best intentional cheese in the medium.

4. Resident Evil 2: As someone who has never played RE2 and loved RE7, this looks like it was made specifically for me.

5. Concrete Genie: This feels like a game from PS3 Sony at the height of their "let's make weird, cool shit" phase. Looks beautiful, touching and unique.

6. Pokemon Gen 8: This would be higher if we knew morr about it. But core Pokemon is never not amazing so I feel confident placing it here.

7. Anthem: As someone who has enjoyed some of Bioware's more recent games, this is definitely on my radar. What we've heard about the gameplay from those that have played it sounds amazing.

8. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice: New game from the folks who made Bloodborne. What else is there to say? I appreciate how this seems to encourage a bit of aggression and now backing down.