• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, you need to write the full official title in Bold for your votes to be counted.

DMC5, DMCV, Devil May Cry V = Wrong (won't be counted)
Devil May Cry 5 = Right (will be counted)

Please read the OP to see if your post doesn't have any other formatting problems. A lot of the posts in this thread aren't following the correct format and won't be counted :(
Thanks for letting me know!

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
2. Gears 5
3. The Outer Worlds
4. Anthem
5. Crackdown 3
6. Control
7. The Division 2
8. Metro Exodus
9. Resident Evil 2
10. Battletoads

2019 is shaping up to be a cracking year as there's quite a few games I've had to leave out of my ten. Will give each game a wee write up over the weekend and that gives me the chance to maybe change my mind, lol.

EDIT, actually is it Gears 5 or Gears of War 5?

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
IndieGAF - there are literally dozens of us. I have it as my #1, too - it's actually a bit rare to see consensus for indie games. But there's no point in begrudging AAA games - a lot of artistry to be found there too. Super excited for 2019.
Looking at your list and seeing Sable at #2, i think you would like GRIS too (coming this december tho)

Has Bean

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, you need to write the full official title in Bold for your votes to be counted.

Please read the OP to see if your post doesn't have any other formatting problems. A lot of the posts in this thread aren't following the correct format and won't be counted :(

Damn, fixed - thank you for this!

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem Three Houses: Bring on the next installment. I love turn based SRPGs
  2. Total War Three Kingdoms: Chinese mythology in the total war engine. I'm good
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software
  4. Kingdom Hearts III - About damn time
  5. Daemon x Machina - Love super robots and this looks great
  6. Ace Combat 7 - Fry the friendly skies
  7. Devil May Cry 5 - Let's rock.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I avoided the wall of V by editing my post earlier, I was so sure they were going with DMCV, they even did that thing where they have a character called V so Capcom could nudge, nudge, wink, wink at the player like "GEDDIT? IT'S V...IN V!"

After all, this company made SFV complete with a character with V patterns all over him using V triggers.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017

I actually thought Devil May Cry V was the right title lol.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018

Tnx fixed it

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the heads up! fixed. I thought V was in the title lol

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Who exactly are the ones "estimating" games to be released in 2019, for them to count? For example:

We have a verified member who said Death Stranding is in localisation - does that count as an estimate, given it takes around 12 months to localise? Not only that but Kojima has actually said it will be out before the year Akira is set (sometime in 2019) and that it will be out before the Tokyo Olympics (July 24, 2020).

So, what I'm asking is, does Death Stranding count?

Last edited:

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 - RE7 was a fantastic return to form for Capcom. I'll be there on day 1 for this entry.
  2. Judgment - Yakuza has been a revelation to me since jumping in at Y0. I can't wait to get back to that world - even if it means leaving behind some of the best characters in gaming in pursuit of something fresh.
  3. Luigi's Mansion 3 - I only owned a 3DS for a very short time, but LM2 was by far and away my favourite game on that system. Looking forward to LM3.
  4. Animal Crossing - I genuinely don't get what I find so appealing about these games, but I'll buy it, enjoy it and sink a lot of hours into it.
  5. Shenmue III - Yakuza has kind of dethroned Shenmue for me in many ways. But I kick-started this and have no intention of missing out on the next chapter that nobody thought we'd ever get. And of course, it's a Yu Suzuki game - that can't be ignored.
They're the only ones I've any real hype for right now. Not a bad lineup so far.

Last edited:

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
1. Daemon x Machina - can't wait. Love mechas, and this gives off insanely cool vibes
2. Animal Crossing - wholesome fun, and the form factor of the switch means playing this game will be a joy
3. Pokemon 2019 - I'm a nut for pokemon and love seeing all the new designs
4. Fire Emblem Three Houses - Was very disappointed with Fates so I'm a bit worried, but I love the series and am interested

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So people who are writing Kingdom Hearts 3 instead of III won't be counted either? This is a bad rule imo.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  2. Luigi's Mansion 3
  3. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
  4. Daemon x Machina
  5. Animal Crossing
  6. Pokemon 2019
  7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  8. Metro
  9. MK 11
  10. Sayonara wild hearts

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had nothing to do with the leak thread (for me at least). The game has a giant V in the logo and a character named V, so I assumed it was V in the title too. But thanks for the heads up!
Same here.

I guess never realized the 5 at the end of the title but it is indeed there. I've always noticed the massive V in the middle of the logo though. And then there's that piece of crap called V in the game.

It's always his fault.

So people who are writing Kingdom Hearts 3 instead of III won't be counted either? This is a bad rule imo.
Oh for fuck's sakes.

Going to edit again since I've made this mistake too.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Who exactly are the ones "estimating" games to be released in 2019, for them to count? For example:

We have a verified member who said Death Stranding is in localisation - does that count as an estimate, given it takes around 12 months to localise? Not only that but Kojima has actually said it will be out before the year Akira is set (sometime in 2019) and that it will be out before the Tokyo Olympics (July 24, 2020).

So, what I'm asking is, does Death Stranding count?
It says in the rules in op. You need a "confirmation" not an "estimate". So either a trailer or official press release stating the release date or window not some hearsay.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
It's simple, really. Just use the Wikipedia link in the OP to copy the correct title for your anticipated games.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 - The remake obviously. I don't think "remake" is in the title. This is a dream game. RE2 is one of my favorite games of all time and this game is looking like the literal pitch for a remake I made to my friends years ago.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - everything about this looks delicious.
  3. Pokémon 8th Generation
  4. Ghost of Tsushima
  5. In the Valley of the Gods - I loved Firewatch!
  6. Luigi's Mansion 3
  7. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - fingers crossed its good!
  8. Animal Crossing - I'm hoping my wife and I can get into this together.
  9. Rage 2

Oct 25, 2017
  1. The Division 2 - the first didn't stick, but I still had a ton of fun playing it and look forward to the 2nd
  2. Anthem - interested to see if EA can nail the shared world RPG
  3. Pokemon Gen 8 - I mean... it's Pokemon
  4. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - loved the first two, and excited to play this on the Switch
  5. The Outer Worlds - looks fresh and exciting, and made by an awesome and capable team!
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - the soundtrack alone has me more hyped than most games
  7. Jedi: Fallen Order - Could be anything, but if I get to be a Jedi I am all in
  8. Psychonauts 2 - long awaited, probably won't deliver sequel... but I'm still hype
  9. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - haven't had a good plane game in a while
  10. Kingdom Hearts III - at this point, I'm just interested to see how this plays out

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
What about announced games for 2019 but with no official name, like Animal Crossing Switch or Pokemon 2019?

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2
  2. Disco Elysium
  3. Trüberbrook - Beautifully hand made scenery and backdrops.
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  5. Creaks
  6. Beautiful Desolation
  7. Anthem
  8. Gears 5
  9. The Outer Worlds
  10. Atomic Heart - Environments remind me of HL2.

Last edited:

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2: Remake - RE7 was incredible, and I can't wait to play RE2 on that engine.
  2. Doom: Eternal - Doom 2016 was some of the most fun I've had in ages, and Eternal looks to crank up the crazy to 11.
  3. Metro: Exodus - Big fan of the series.
  4. Wolfenstein: Youngblood - The last game didn't live up to the hype, but I'm still a fan of the series and it'll be a nice change of pace playing as someone new.
  5. The Outer Worlds - Fallout done right, after Fallout 76 I'm craving a game with this flavour, just made well.
  6. Anthem - Tentative, I'm worried they'll fuck it up somehow.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I made a detailed list for the thread that got closed and seems like some games can't be listed :^( but here it is
  1. Devil May Cry 5 its been too long since dmc 4 and this is an example of a true dream sequel!
  2. .-Kingdom Hearts III.- modern Disney + the end of the storyline makes this one pretty special, KH is becoming Square best series and thats saying something
  3. DOOM 2 its DOOM fucking 2
  4. RESIDENT EVIL 2.- looks likea fantastic reimagining of theclassic game.
  5. Sekiro lookslikea fresh take on the SOULS formula
  6. FE Three Fates maybe
and thats all for '2019' games

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Uh... you know that V is a roman numeral and also the official way the title is spelled on the box art and all official promotional material right? right?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
All these Devil May Cry 5's

WHOHOO

mJ9Hn4I.gif

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
  1. Resident Evil 2 - I just LOVE Resident Evil and I'm loving that Capcom brought the series back to the terror. After playing Resident Evil 7 (and before they showed anything) I got confident that I'll be an amazing game, and after watching all of the videos they released, I'm more convinced that it'll be an excelent game.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - When they announced Dark Souls 3, I was kind of burned out with the series and it's medieval-ish theme. I love the action gameplay that From Software created with this series, and think that it can be tweaked and changed in different ways, so that's what got me hooked into Sekiro (I don't own a PS4, so I have never played Bloodborne). And I also like the Japan Feudal theme.
  3. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe - I just need my 2d Mario fix on the Switch. That's it.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Shenmue III - Waited almost 20 damn years for this. I'm just praying it isn't a total disaster.
  2. Resident Evil 2 - I have high hopes that this will be a worthy survival horror remake.
  3. Judgement - Always look forward to a new game from the RGG team.
  4. Indivisible - As a mega fan of Valkyrie Profile, really hoping this is good.
  5. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - I've waited over 10 damn years to play this since I never got a 360. This better be at least decent. I've burnt myself out on Tales games, but this is an older one, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5: Always liked how stylish the series was, but none of the previous games have grabbed me like this one. Impressive visuals, style and intense action.
  2. Kingdom Hearts III: Never been into this series, but very impressed with what has been shown.
  3. Dreams: so much potential
  4. Shenmue III: Got it on preorder
  5. Judgement: always down for what the Yakuza team have to offer.
  6. Control: This looks pretty spectacular and very weird.
  7. Biomutant: very creative looking.
  8. Resident Evil 2: warming on me.
  9. The Outer Worlds: not a fan of recent fallouts but this looks to have much more vibrancy in its characters and environments.
  10. Concrete Genie: very creative and attractive looking. Plot premise is good as well.

alfredo_V

Oct 25, 2017
1. Resident Evil 2 - My most anticipated one. Looks fantastic.
2. Sekiro: Shadows die twice - Created by my favorite developer. Interesting to see if the are able to raise their own bar on this one.
3. The Outer Worlds - The next FO:NV?
4. Days Gone - I really hope it will be good game
5. Metro Exodus
6. Bloodstained

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  2. Pokemon 2019
  3. Shenmue III
  4. Daemon X Machina - Since no armored core
  5. Wasteland 3 - 2 was good, this one add coop to the mix yay.
  6. Total War: Three Kingdoms - love the era
  7. Desperados III
  8. Vestaria Saga
  9. ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove!
  10. Thea 2: The Shattering

Last edited:

Ryousuke

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Nioh 2 - Loved the first one so much, the combat, the setting, the loot, I spent so many hours on this
  2. Devil May Cry 5 - Best action game ever ?
  3. Warhammer: Chaosbane - I love loot games
  4. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - We played a lot of the first one with friends and it was fun, can't wait to loot again.
  5. Anthem - Iron Man looting stuff with friends
  6. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - Good old Ace Combat
  7. Daemon X Machina - Being a Gundam fan and seeing the state of current Gundam games (New Gundam Breaker...), any other mecha game will do :(
  8. Tunic - It looks beautiful and adorable.
  9. Code Vein - Why not.
  10. Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - First one was really nice

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts 3 - The culmination of my favorite video game series of all time. Been anticipating this for a while, and finally glad to receive some form of closure on this chapter of the series.
  2. Fire Emblem Three Houses - Massive FE fan and even if the story isn't good (as with Fates) the gameplay is guaranteed to be a great tactical experience.
  3. Animal Crossing Switch - Animal Crossing on console for the first time in a long ass minute. Can't wait.
  4. Tales of Vesperia Remastered - One of my favorite JRPGs of all time coming back after like a decade with additional content, nuff said.
  5. Devil May Cry 5 - Never was too much into the series other than dmc, but the hype trailers for V got me to buy the HD Collection and try it out, and I like what I'm seeing.
  6. Pokemon Gen 8
  7. Judgement
  8. Indivisible
  9. Left Alive
  10. Jump Force

Thanks, I fixed it! I didn't realize the official title wasn't "V" lol
Same here haha. Legit had no clue.

nizerifin

Jun 9, 2018
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Resident Evil 2
  4. Days Gone
  5. The Outer Worlds - I'm glad somebody gets it. We want single-player games!
  6. MediEvil
  7. Anthem
  8. Metro Exodus
  9. Rage 2
  10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
  1. The Outer Worlds - Obsidian is one the best RPG studios out there, and them making a new fallouty game is exactly what I wanted.
And that is my list. Not really looking forward to anything else with date set in 2019 right now.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts III - I'VE DONE MY WAITING. 12 YEARS OF IT (EU release). IN AZKABAN.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Very excited for the spiritual successor to the Soulsborne games. The shift in focus from RPG elements to pure action excites me.
  3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I absolutely loved the first one with its jaw-dropping graphics and slick gameplay, and it looks like the sequel could be even better.
  4. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuel - A remake of quite possibly the greatest racing game I've ever played. Really excited to play this again. I thought the Crash and Spyro remakes were really well done so there's a high chance this will be good too. I just hope they don't charge the standard price for this (I wouldn't pay more than $20 for this).
  5. Dreams - I'm more looking forward to the kind of things people create with this, because some of the things peoiple did in the LBP games were mind-blowing. Not sure if I'll buy it day one, though.
  6. Code Vein - It's Anime Souls. It will most probably suck judging by the previews I've seen but I'm still gonna play it.
  7. Untitled Pokemon Game - I really enjoyed Let's Go and hope they incorporate some of its new features like catching wild Pokemon and candies in the new generation game. Also looking forward to some cool new Pokemon designs.
  8. Days Gone - Still not entirely sold on this game but it feels like forever since it's been announced that I have a good feeling it may surprise us.
  9. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition - I will ONLY buy this if it has local co-op. So far it's looking really unlikely, but I would love to be proven wrong (then again, this is Square Enix we're talking about; a company known for letting its fans down). I absolutely loved the original - used to play with my siblings all the time, and I really want to relive those amazing moments again, especially the emotion of the final boss.
  10. Jump Force - Not convinced by the graphics but I love most of the Shonen Jump series featured, so will be willing to give it a go.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
  1. Fire Emblem - Biggest disappointment this year was it being delayed.
  2. Luigi's Mansion
  3. Outer Worlds
  4. Pokémon
  5. Animal Crossing
  6. Tales of Vesperia
  7. In the Valley of Gods
  8. Metro
  9. Shemue 3
  10. Rage 2

Narco

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software have made the best games of this console generation. I'm ready for the new one.
  2. The Outer Worlds - Never played a Fallout before, but that looks really interesting.
  3. Phoenix Point - Give me some more XCOM, Julian.
  4. The Pathless - I dig the artstyle.
  5. Resident Evil 2 - I'm afraid to be disappointed since I love the original one, but I guess I will try it at some point.
I'm also really looking forward to Blasphemous and Witchfire, but I think neither of them have a definite release date yet.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
  1. Devil May Cry 5 - Dante is back after ten years, three playable characters, Itsuno's Magnum Opus.
  2. Resident Evil 2 – One of the most influential titles of all time and one of my favorite games fully realized and enhanced with cutting-edge tech.
  3. Death Stranding – Kojima unleashed, a mix of cosmic horror and post-apocalyptic sci-fi, at this point I barely care about the gameplay, in for the story.
  4. The Outer Worlds – Obsidian tackling a new New Vegas like FPS-RPG with a dose of Space Opera thrown in, what's not to like?
  5. Shenmue III – As a fan of the series, just getting a new chapter is reason enough to get hyped.
  6. Judgment – New series in the Yakuzaverse with new characters and mechanics, battles, in particular, look even more insane.
  7. Mortal Kombat 11 – Need to know where the story goes, plus insane Injustice-like customization.
  8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – Never played a Souls game before, but it looks pretty good and as a fan of character action games I'm ready to try. Also, reminds me a bit of Tenchu which is good.
  9. Rage 2 – Played the first one and it was fine, this one looks like mighty fun all around, so I'm game.
  10. Anthem – Not sure this one would make the list but as a BioWare fan I'm in wait and see mode, if it's good I might give it a try.

Last edited:

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Hopefully a return to form and less waifu datim sim
  2. Anthem - please bioware, redeem yourself
  3. The Outer Worlds
  4. Total War: Three Kingdoms - I like anything Three Kingdoms
  5. Phoenix Point
  6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - loved the first one
  7. Sable - looks neat
  8. Kingdom Hearts III - It's about time
  9. Control - Looks neat
  10. Dead or Alive 6 - Always had a soft spot for DOA, love the counter system.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Desperados 3 - The people behind the incredible Shadow Tactics doing that again, but Western. Abso-gotdamn-lutely.
  2. CONTROL - The people behind Max Payne 2 and Alan Wake doing that again but weirder and 3D Metroidvania. Abso-gotdamn-lutely
  3. Devil May Cry 5 - The people behind DMC4 finally doing that again, but hopefully with a good campaign. Abso-gotdamn-lutely
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - The people behind some OK games finally show ME some ankle and go outright action-adventure. A fully featured, cohesive campaign in a samurai action game? Abso-gotdamn-lutely.
  5. Doom: Eternal - The people behind Cocaine Rush 2016 doing that again but bigger, better, and more badass. Abso-gotdamn-lutely
  6. Metro: Exodus - "Artyom!!!" but more systems, atmosphere, and exploration. Abso-gotdamn-lutely.
  7. Judgement - Yakuza, but I'm NANI dropkicking goons to solve cases. Abso-gotdamn-lutely.
  8. Resident Evil 2 Remake - RE2 again but over-the-shoulder and mad graphics. Like seriously, a bunch of graphics. Abso-gotdamn-lutely.
  9. Psychonauts 2 - Mind and space bending sci-fi comedy platforming again, but this time partially crowd funded. Abso-gotdamn-lutely.
  10. Observation - 2001 again, but this time I'm HAL. Abso-gotdamn-lutely, Dave.

Honorable Mentions: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Spelunky 2, The Hong Kong Massacre, The Outer Worlds, Dying Light 2, In The Valley Of The Gods, Afterparty, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Crash Team Racing remake

Maybe 2019s: Oddworld: Soulstorm, Streets of Rage 4, Bayonetta 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid Prime 4, The Last of Us Part II

Even with all that I'm sure I forgot lots. Should be a positively scrumtrulescent year.

Last edited:

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence - Its a recipe of what I enjoy from video games. Story and character focused, Beautiful graphics. And most importantly, simple gameplay to navigate the Journey
  • Days Gone - Supporting Sony WWS who provide me with the cinematic experience I game for.
  • Judgement - I 💙 Dubs.
  • Vane - Game looks super vibey.
  • Sea of Solitude - I can relate.
  • Concrete Genie - Looks to be a cool adventure of the youthful imagination.
  • ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove - The stupid charm of my early years of gaming.
  • Control - I've been waiting on this developers arrival to PlayStation.