• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Mortal Kombat 11
    mk-tga.png

Shot to number one with the best announcement at The Game Awards
  2. DOOM Eternal
    DoomEternalLogo.png

The sequel to the best game of 2016 is absolutely going to blow minds, I can't wait.
  3. Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    231730_detail.jpg
    [/B]
    Look it's going to be a common theme that I'm looking forward to sequels to my favorite games from the last couple years. While we don't know much about Youngblood, I can say two things have me excited; First, two female protagonists brings a new perspective to the current incarnation of Wolfenstein and, Second, it's a sequel to The New Colossus.
  4. The Outer Worlds
    header.jpg

Obsidian has made some great games but i'm super excited to see them come back to third person RPG's and step in for the mess that is Fallout 76
  5. YIIK: A Post Modern RPG
    39917254.jpg

It might be terrible but I have been excited to see what the hell this game is going to be for over two years, only a couple more weeks
  6. One Piece: World Seeker
    61h35cXglwL._SX569_.jpg

Those that know, know that One Piece is one of the greatest anime of all time. To see these charaters i've followed since I was a kid rendered in such detail, it's making me hopeful that not only will this be a good anime game but, maybe just a great video game in general.
  7. Long Gone Days

If you didn't get to watch the Kinda Funny Games Showcase this past weekend, well you should because it was great, but if one thing stood out above everything else it was this impressive RPG about war. Watch this and tell me i'm wrong.
  8. Pokemon (Switch)
    pokemon_logo-580x244.jpg

If one game has the chance to hit legendary status next year it's whatever the next ture Pokemon sequel is going to be, for what it's worth I have been loving Let's Go so maybe i'll be much more easily impressed than hardcore Pokemon fans, but whatever way it turns out will be interesting to see it happen.
  9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    cgNX9RCBL97cZpMYYChQgcQMEQFUQ5Kl9g6c9loYqCxzX4SAjdp-BOZRcD_SdWQpzt6wcFa63ASal290eg=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

From Software has kind of a free pass to do whatever the hell they want and I will at least be some what interseted. With Sekiro i'm not yet sold on everthing i've seen but being that it's From and think that just means this game is poised to blow me away.
  10. Kingdom Hearts III
    DtGj81sW0AAwgHH-626x353.jpg

In 2002, I remember being in a best buy, just 15 and I was looking for a new game with my mom for my birthday, thats when I saw the most memerable game cover to me ever. What the hell was Mikey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy doing with weapons and a bunch of Final Fantasy rejects sitting on a tower. I was intrigued, I needed this game and when I got home to play it I was shocked. Squaresoft, at the time, somehow made a Disney movie into an RPG like had been some of my favorite game of the PS1 and PS2 era. It's been 17 years since that game and I have completely lost track of where the hell we are. I've bee replaying the series from the beginning leading up to this game, I won't be done before it comes out but I still need to see how, or if, they wrap up the insane story they started all those years ago.

Honorable Mentions
  • Crackdown
  • Devil May Cry V
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Indivisible
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order
  • Resident Evil 2

Last edited:

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts III - One of my favorite series of RPGs, while I've enjoyed the prequels and interquels and the like for what tehy were, like many I've been anticipating the next core console release for the franchise for quite some time and am very hopeful thus far that this can live up to or even surpass Kingdom Hearts II, or at least I hope it does anyway. Either way, it looks great and I can't wait.
  2. Animal Crossing Switch - I've loved Animal Crossing ever since the Gamecube days, and I'm fully anticipating this one will be no different. Honestly, in fact, it was hard choosing between this and Kingdom Hearts III for what I'm anticipating more, especially since they're such incredibly different games and I'm anticipating them for completely different reasons (Kingdom Hearts III, for the great ARPG combat system more than anything and in Animal Crossing's case, they're the perfect games to just chill and relax and just get cozy while you're fishing or catching beetles on the island or whatever), but in the end, I put Kingdom Hearts III on top for the simple reason that we've seen a fair bit of KHIII at this point and it's looking good at this point, while we don't really know anything about Animal Crossing Switch right now other than the fact that it exists, which opens the door to the possibility that Nintendo could do something totally stupid with it that completely kills my interest. I don't think that will actually happen, but it's technically a possibility. So in other words, KHIII is more of a sure-thing at this point, whereas there's more uncertainty around Animal Crossing Switch and for lack of anything better I used that to break the tie. I fully anticipate this will in fact be great though and can't wait for it either.
  3. Pokémon 2019 - New Pokémon generations are always exciting times, and I have no reason to believe Generation 8 will be any different. I really hope these games turn out well. However, similar to KHIII and Animal Crossing, there's also the uncertainty factor here as well due to having no details as of yet, and these days, despite loving the franchise, I'm very picky with what I'm looking for in a Pokémon title these days, and depending on what kind of decisions Game Freak makes, I might end up being super excited about it or I might end up completely passing. Whereas, with Animal Crossing, even if for all I know there do end up being changes I'm not thrilled about, I'm almost certain to pick that up eventually. Nonetheless, I'm still hopeful at this point, less it sound like I'm not. It's just that I have to use something to rank these titles we technically know nothing about, so in my case degrees of uncertainty is what I'm going with.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
1. Dreams
The promise of Infinite creativity has never seemed more real, cant wait to create and play others creations.

2. Sekiro
As a big fan of souls and action games in general I cant wait for the next evolution in From Softwares titles.

3. Control
The E3 trailer sold me, this might be the big one for Remedy to get back in the spotlight.

4. DMC5
Looking to turn out as the finest DMC yet and all in 60fps

5. Days Gone
Zombies got out of fashion but I expect Days Gone to have the Sony polish that makes for an excellent game

6. Resident Evil 2
My favorite Resident Evil game by far, looking forward to the nostalgia goosebumps

7. Jedi: fallen order
I love certain aspects of Star Wars and I hope they can deliver with this one, the time period they chose is an excellent start

8. Outer Worlds
Looks good, Im cautious but optimistic that this turns out well

9. Anthem
Im ready for this game to be a disappointment but the me h suits look badass and the action looks great

10. Code Vein
Im not into the anime aspects but regardless it looks like a polished action game with interesting systems

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
  1. Resident Evil 2 - RE2 is looking like the best remake ever.
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3 - Been a long time coming but it's finally coming out.
  3. Dreams - The creation tools in Dreams look incredible and it seems like it will be able to make pretty much anything you can imagine.
  4. Shenmue III - Another long time in the making and I backed it on Kickstarter.
  5. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Souls/Bloodbourne crossed with Tenchu, should be great.
  6. Days Gone - Single Player, open world, zombie survival game. Sony 1st Party, another potential big hit for PS4.
  7. Judgement - Anything Yakuza related is a must buy for me.
  8. Doom Eternal - Always loved Doom, from the original game to the 2016 reboot, so more Doom is bloody awesome.
  9. The Outer Worlds - Obsidian + Single Player RPG = Must buy.
  10. Devil May Cry 5 - Would have been higher on the list if Nero wasn't in it, but I'm sure it will still be good.

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
1. Devil May Cry 5

n8BXXQZl.jpg

The GOAT action game series is finally returning with the long-awaited sequel to Devil May Cry 4, with director Hideaki Itsuno once again at the helm but this time with the longest development time yet for any game in the series. The game features three playable characters with distinct play styles, the Mega Buster as a DLC weapon for Nero, a story diving deep into the underrated Devil May Cry lore, and the return of Vergil. All brought to life by the magnificent RE engine. What more can I ask of this masterpiece? A banger theme song? It's got that too.

2. Kingdom Hearts III

Auhn6k1l.jpg

I love Kingdom Hearts. It is one of my all-time favorite video game franchises. I love it for wearing its heart (heh) on its sleeve and never shying away from really digging into its various themes, even if it's something as cheesy as "light vs. dark." It's also one of the few games that can hit me with a truckload of feels. KH3 looks bigger and better in every way. The amount (melee, magic, allies, Keyblade transformations, link summons, shoot-lock, attraction flow, and probably a few others I'm missing) of systems at play during combat is just mind-boggling and thinking about them is enough to make me giddy! Most importantly, however, it is finally the end of the Dark Seeker. I cannot wait to see its conclusion. Most importantly, though: Roxas.

3. Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

fjhOianl.jpg

It's Crash Team Racing. Local multiplayer. My childhood. Fun times for everyone. What else needs to be said?

4. Resident Evil 2

ccL91F7l.jpg

I've been interested in the franchise for a long time now and have played a few of their games, namely Darkside Chronicles, RE5, and a bit of REmake. I still want to get really into the series, and this remake appeals to me a lot in that regard. Everything looks sublime in the RE engine and I'm excited for the new things they're doing to the game as well. I've heard a lot of praise and love for this particular entry in the franchise, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it lives up to it.

5. My Friend Pedro

d6H6cjI.png

This game is bananas. It's like a stylish twin-stick shooter with frying pans, skateboards, a banana, and lots and lots of guns. The art style is also pretty cute (yes, even with all the blood and bullets) and definitely up my alley. I like stylish action and I like twin stick shooters. It also doesn't hurt that I like bananas and friendship.

6. Anthem

Q5IC82hl.jpg

I am a fan of Mass Effect 2 and have heard many great things from BioWare's other titles. It's an intriguing sci-fi world with awesome Iron Man-esque suits of armor that we get to fly around in, all in a glorious third-person game. And I'm not picky with third-person shooters, I don't need them to be anything special so long as the shooting is good and fun. This is that and more.

7. Concrete Genie

t1Hm5aql.jpg

I'm an aspiring artist and the prospect of creating all these beautiful artworks is more than enough to make it a must-buy for me.

8. One Piece: World Seeker

dNsTFxEl.jpg

I'm surprised this is here too. I love One Piece. I'm not its biggest fan and I have a hard time keeping track of everything that's going on due to the length of the story and depth of the world Oda has created, but I love it. That said, I was hoping for a fighting game of some sorts, so I was unhappy when this was first announced. The more I thought about it, however, the more I liked it. It feels like One Piece done in an Arkham Asylum or Arkham City style of game and that's really cool. I never knew I wanted that. Shame I can't play as Sanji, though, but oh well. I'll have to settle.

9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

dIggPoxl.jpg

An action game by FROM Software set in Feudal Japan is incredibly exciting. I am particularly excited at the fact that this isn't an action-RPG like there recent titles but a straight-up action game. I love RPGs and action RPGs, but it's been a while since I've played a big action game like Sekiro, so I'm happy that there'll be two titles this year to make up for that.

10. Control

6sPHfDil.jpg

Third-person shooter, Remedy Entertainment, mysterious sci-fi setting, and a cool female protagonist. I'm totally in. It's one of those titles that I'm satisfied with from the first few looks at it and can simply wait til it releases.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Dreams
Digimon Survive
Catherine: Full Body

Chibichan

Dec 13, 2018
  1. Resident Evil 2 Remake - I skipped RE7 (not a fan of the first person view and the bland main character) so I'm more than happy to go back to a 'real' RE
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - the first one was gorgeous on every level and the sequel looks even better
  3. Devil May Cry V - I have to admit I'm not 100% sold yet (especially in terms of character design) but the return of the true DMC cannot be missed

Last edited:

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017
  1. Judgement - We all have that one crossover that we wanna see. For me, it was Yakuza x Ace Attorney, and Judgement seems to be delivering on that. I legit can't wait for it to come out.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I am a huge fan of soulsborne titles, but Sekiro has me hyped the most. The fast and responsive gameplay seems fantastic. The added stealth and grappling hook also seem like an awesome addition. March can't come soon enough.
  3. The Outer Worlds - Obsidian has a great track record and as a huge Fallout fan, i have been extremely disappointed by the lackluster FO4 and even more lackluster FO76. Obsidian is my final hope, and i am almost 100% sure that unlike Bethesda Softworks, Obsidian will actually deliver another awesome experience.
  4. Metro Exodus - I don't usually enjoy FPS, but Metro has this hold over me that i just can't feel in a lot of games in the genre. It has a very good story, amazing atmosphere, incredibly detailed world, multiple ways of completing the objectives, and most importantly, it scares the shit out of me. On Feb 22. this will be the game, i'll be getting.
  5. Resident Evil 2 - I never got a chance to play RE2, so that alone had me excited, but after watching the gameplay and seeing the amount of love that has been poured into the game, i am counting days before I can actually get my hands on it.
  6. Left Alive - This game looked quite disapointing when i saw it for the first time, but the latest gameplay videos have shown huge improvements, I am not necessarily "hyped" for this game, but I am looking forward to seeing the end-product.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
  1. Resident Evil 2 - I never played the original and i'm not a series veteran like some people here but it''s hard to not get excited when a game looks THIS good
  2. Untitled Goose Game - I fucking love the art style and the game looks like good time
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Dark Souls is the only From game I ever played but if this turns out as good as it looks it'll be the second
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - I think it's time to jump in
  5. Spelunky 2 - Spelunky is one of my favorite games and I have to admit that I wasn't impressed with what we were shown so far but I still have high hopes for this one
Actual answer is The Last Of Us Part II but it's not eligible so..

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
  1. Devil May Cry 5
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  4. Anthem
  5. The Outer Worlds
  6. Wasteland 3
  7. Dying Light 2
  8. Metro Exodus
  9. Gears 5

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Because it is coming from the creators of Dark Souls and Bloodborne
  2. Dying Light 2 - Big fan of the first game, this just seems bigger and better
  3. Wolfenstein: Young Blood - My favorite FPS series of this gen is getting a new entry, YES!
  4. Far Cry New Dawn - Far Cry always delivers fun, plus high-quality and dangerous adventures
  5. The Outer Worlds - Obsidian has experience creating excellent single player RPG games with NPCs
  6. Judgment - Pretty sure I will like this game since I like Yakuzas
  7. Shenmue III - Why so many people talk about these games? I want to experience it too
  8. Biomutant - The idea looks so crazy like Horizon sounded years ago. So, why not?
  9. Control - solid shooting mechanics and a mysterious setting, I am in.
  10. Babylon's Fall - What the heck are you? Platinum? OK, please, be good.
Oh no, I have used all the places and now I cannot put Metro Exodus :-( You also deserve to be there.

Last edited:

LesPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Germany
  1. Sekiro: Shadowns die Twice
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Devil May Cry V
  4. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
  5. Animal Crossing
  6. Luigi's Mansion 3
  7. Metro Exodus
  8. Anthem
  9. Wolfenstein: Young Blood
  10. DOOM Eternal

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
  1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - The first game was a sensation to me. Ive never felt that immersion in a video game again up to date.
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses- Just expect it to be tactical rpg graetness all in all and thats enough as i like the series in general, curious to see how the shift to home console will be turning out.

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Nice to see many people remember Psychonauts 2 on their lists. I've been surprised and disappointed that it hasn't been mentioned on the Game Awards recaps I've listened to. Double Fine should be a bigger deal than they get credit for...especially when Psychonauts fills a major gap in terms of story driven platformer.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
  1. Sekiro: Shadows die Twice - While not as appealing as Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 (so far), the game still looks great and I trust From to deliver a contender of best of the year.
  2. DOOM Eternal - I expect nothing as surprising as DOOM 2016 but it already looks fantastic and more of the same is what I want.
  3. Kingdom Hearts 3 - Been expecting this for years and years, it can be a convoluted mess but the spectacle and fan service is already on point, I can wait for this game.
  4. Resident Evil 2 - While my love for RE have fallen dramatically over the years, I still remember 2 as my favourite in the franchise and this remake is a dream so far.
  5. Anthem - The concept is ace imo, and the game is gorgeous, people also say that it plays great so my only concern is that games like Destiny and The Division disappointed me enough to believe that Anthem even if it looks good won't be much better than those games, I still really like how it looks.
  6. Devil May Cry 5 - Not the biggest fan of the franchise and I kinda hate the tone, writting, and characters but the action always was insanely good and this looks to be fantastic in that regard.
  7. Medievil - One of my favourite adventure games on PSX, I always wanted this franchise to continue but Sony never did it justice. The remake looks more than ok, maybe not as good as Spyro but if they nail the gameplay and camera it'll be sweet.
  8. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - The only cart game I've ever care for comes back, it's what we all wanted, I can't wait to play adventure mode. Still a racing game which is not my favourite genre.
  9. Control - It looks really cool but outside of the concept it hasn't grab me yet.
  10. Dreams - Kinda tired of seen Dreams demos and tutorials but I'm sure once it's out I'll enjoy all of your creations.
  11. Days Gone - It looks better everytime but I still feel like it's a game destined to be just ok or so, if anything the world looks interesting to play with tho.

* The Last of Us Part II would be on first place if it launched on 2019, followd by Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding.

Last edited:

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Sable - That Ghibli aesthetic is just so good, and Japanese Breakfast on the soundtrack is killer.
  2. Indivisible
  3. In the Valley of Gods
  4. Babylon's Fall
  5. Sea of Solitude
  6. Tunic
  7. Ooblets
  8. YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
  9. The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince
  10. Baba is You
Pretty much my list is just made up of games that have neat art styles honestly. Kind of interested in Town, too. Vane and Concrete Genie look nice too, but PS4 only so I'm never going to play them.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
  1. Kingdom Hearts III - It's here! It's happening! Years waiting for this one, I'm sure it's the same for tons of people. Sora's journey is finally coming to an end (At least, when the topic is Xehanort lol).
  2. Resident Evil 2 Remake
  3. Pokémon Gen 8
  4. Devil May Cry V
  5. Days Gone
  6. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  7. Mortal Kombat XI
  8. Tales of Vesperia Remaster
  9. Warcraft 3: Reforged
  10. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Devil May Cry 5. Not V.

As per rules of the ballot.

Also, is it 3 or III for Kindom Hearts?

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
  1. Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled : best game ever
  2. Mortal Kombat 11 : second best game ever
  3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 : best third game ever.
  4. Phoenix Wright Trilogy Remaster : its fun game
  5. Devil May Cry V : its okay game
  6. Kingdom Hearts 3 : alright

Last edited:

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

Y'all need to edit your posts. As per the rules in the OP:
  • Use the list function or manually enter the BB Code. You can't just write numbers or omit numbering
  • Titles need to be bolded
  • At least one entry must have a comment
  • You must enter the actual name of the game, you can't just use images.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
  1. Outer Worlds - A Mixature of Fallout New Vegas, Bioshock and Borderlands. No protagonist voice, real choices and new options like character flaws make this the number one anticipated game.
  2. Imperator: Rome - A Grand Strategy game from Paradox Interactive always peaks my interests, but from the gameplay and how this looks like if Victoria II, EUIV and CK2 had a game child. Day one.
More to come

TrueBroLapp

Nov 7, 2018
  1. Animal Crossing - I don't care that we know nothing about it. I love this series so much, and I just want a new game. The trailer said 2019, so gimme gimme gimme.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Love the souls series, but after Bloodborne/Das3 I started getting burned out. Sekiro looks like a breath of fresh air, while still keeping the elements I love.
  3. Devil May Cry 5 - I love the original DMC series, and V is looking good.
  4. The Outer World - NV is excellent, so I'm all in.
  5. Resident Evil 2 - Not a big fan of RE, but I loved REmake, so I'm interested in the "sequel".
  6. Crackdown 3 - The first Crackdown is my favorite sandbox openworld game, it did progression in such a good manner. I'm a bit skeptical of 3 because of all the development issues, but I'm curious to see how it ends up being.
  7. Judgment - I enjoyed Yakuza 0, but didn't really play any of the other games and the amount of games is a bit intimidating. Judgment seems like a easier entry point, and the detective aspect is more interesting to me.

Last edited:

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
1. Phoenix Point - Turn-based tactical games are my favourite. I really hope this lives up to its potential and fighting monsters is actually fun/deep.

2. Age of Wonders Planetfall - The Age of Wonders franchise is one of my favourites. Not sold on the new direction and a bit apprehensive about their console plans, though.

3. Devil May Cry 5 - Great to hear we get more DMC.

4. DOOM Eternal - Sequel to one of my favourite FPS. Hope it is even more awesome and supports HDR on PC :p

5. Dying Light 2 - Had a blast with this game in co-op. Please be like the base game...didn't like the DLC.

6. Katana Zero - Steam says 2018 but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is a 2019 title. Side-scrolling action looks great.

7. Ion Maiden - really cool looking retro fps. DOOM mods made me realize I still love them.

8. Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest - Early days, but this looks good! Isometric RPGs are my 2nd favourite genre

9. Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries - Kinda forgot about this. Not sure if it will be good, bit I'm excited to find out. Loved MW2:M back in the day.

10. Wasteland 3 - I quite enjoyed W2. Didn't live up to its potential, though, so here is hoping W3 will. That being said, inXile had had some pretty rough output since and their fig campaign seemed depressingly "let's toss in a bunch of features from more popular RPGs!" knee jerk. I am doubtful they will pull it off...but again, that is one of the reasons I anticipate it. In case I'm wrong :p

Also interested in Rage 2, Amid Evil, Sekiro, Phantom Brigade, Hong Kong Massacre, Babylon's Fall and a bunch of Indies, mods, and even some DLC/patches.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
  1. Resident Evil 2 - The moment I saw the E3 demo, I knew I would fall in love with this game. This looks to be shaping up to be quite a horror experience, and it really feels like that there is so much love being put into it. Every time I look at this game, it just hits the right notes. Hopefully everything will come together so well to possibly even be one of the best horror games ever.
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - I backed this on Kickstarter, and continue to hope for the best. I was generally pretty impress with the last demo, and hope to have some sweet "Castlevania" on the switch.
  3. DOOM Eternal - It is more DOOM, enough said. I am ready to rip and tear some more on a hellish earth, but maybe on the switch this time. I am very interested in seeing how that version turns out.
  4. The Pathless - Another beautiful game from the creators of ABZU that had quite a trailer at the Game Awards. I am so looking forward to seeing more of this.
  5. Pokemon 2019 - Whatever this will turn out to be, I be looking forward to checking out on another new gen in the main series.
Just leaving it at the top 5 for now.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
  1. Resident Evil 2 - Looks like an amazing recreation of one of the best games of all time. Incredibly impressed with what Capcom is doing.
  2. Devil May Cry 5 - I don't really like DMC games but this one has a chance to be really special.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From can be trusted to deliver after they've given us masterpiece after masterpiece.
  4. Rage 2 - Looks super fun and colorful.
  5. Animal Crossing - Loved New Leaf and definitely down for a super relaxing and charming game.
  6. Daemon X Machina - The trailer blew me away. This game will deliver.
  7. DOOM Eternal - DOOM 2016 is among the most satisfying and over the top FPS games ever. Maintain the quality and you have another winner.
  8. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Never played the OG but Dark Moon was great.
  9. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I'm ready to enjoy Fire Emblem again after the meh Fates.
  10. Yoshi's Crafted World - Woolly World was great and it was super difficult to get this list to 10 with only confirmed 2019 games and finalized titles!

Last edited:

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Y'all need to edit your posts. As per the rules in the OP:
  • Use the list function or manually enter the BB Code. You can't just write numbers or omit numbering
  • Titles need to be bolded
  • At least one entry must have a comment
  • You must enter the actual name of the game, you can't just use images.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my post? Was it the bolded part?

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - This really looks like the type of game I want out of FromSoft. I don't know if it'll top Nioh for me, but I'm really eager to dive in and play this one, because it looks great.
  2. DOOM Eternal - DOOM 2016 is one of my favorite FPS games ever, and the additions they made to DOOM Eternal seem to only make the formula better. Can't wait to play this one.
  3. Fire Emblem Three Houses - It's more Fire Emblem, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.
  4. Animal Crossing - It's been far too long since New Leaf, and I'm ready for more AC now.
  5. Daemon X Machina - I feel like this one will go unrecognized, which makes me sad. The mech combat looks like a lot of fun, and I really like the visual style they went for.
  6. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - I'm down for another good kart-racing game, and I keep hearing great things about the original so I do want to check this one out for myself.
  7. Babylon's Fall - I'm down for more PG & Square Enix goodness after NieR: Automata. I do want to see more on this one though.
  8. Resident Evil 2 - This one looks genuinely scary, and I've never played the original, so I'm down to check this one out at some point.
  9. Devil May Cry 5 - Can't say I'm super big on DMC as a series but I do want to check this one out anyway.
  10. Pokemon 2019 - I'm definitely interested in Gen 8 but I need to actually see this one, because I kind of fell out of love with Pokemon after Sun/Moon.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - MHW Vanilla took my gaming life like a whirlwind and is the most fun I had with a game in years. There's only little info to go on what Iceborne will entail, but I'm more excited for it than any other release 2019.
  2. Mortal Kombat 11 - A really close 2nd place, I love Mortal Kombat and Netherrealm fighters. MK9 and X hit it out of the park, I see no reason this game should be different.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - Never got around to play the original, but I always wanted to. Game looks really good.
  4. The Outer Worlds - Came out of nowhere for me, first trailers look great.
  5. The Division 2 - Looks solid and will scratch that mp coop loot itch.

Last edited:

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Admittedly this year there is no "1 game" that I am truly astronomically hyped for ala Bloodborne/Witcher/Zelda, but here goes...

1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I am not the biggest fan of the aesthetic/setting, but its Miyazaki/From so I can only expect great things. I am disappointed by the lack of RPG elements as well but hopefully the world is just as rich and detailed as the Soulsborne games.
  2. Resident Evil 2 - Never played the original RE2 but I loved the first REmake and RE4, so this looks right up my alley.
  3. Metro: Exodus - I thirst for a good, immersive FPS and I liked the old Metro games- not "loved" mind you but they were interesting games with unique morality systems.
  4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I have not played an FE game since Radiant Dawn on the Wii, I am exited to see what a new, triple-A FE would look like.
  5. The Outer Worlds - I loved New Vegas and have always appreciated Obsidian's presence in this industry, I am not the biggest fan of the space setting and the more comedic tone but it looks solid.
  6. Anthem - As a lapsed Bioware mega fan, I ma more interested in seeing how this game will turn out more than anything- I hope that there is a reason for traditional Bioware fans to pick this up (story, characters etc.) but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Outer Worlds - I like Obsidian, I like Sci-Fi, I like New Vegas. What could possibly go wrong?
  2. Metro Exodus - More Metro but this time it's also more like Stalker? Uhmmm..yes?
  3. Dying Light 2 - Loved Dying Light 1 so more of that would be enough to get me excited but DL2 actually seems incredibly ambitious. And a bit more of Chris Avellone doesn't hurt either
  4. Phoenix Point
  5. Disco Elysium
  6. Control
  7. Wasteland 3
  8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  9. Sable
  10. Judgement

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - It's been three years since a full-blown FromSoft outing, and seeing a game that further trims the remaining fat off of Bloodborne while keeping everything good about both it and the original Dark Souls while adding even faster combat and more traversal is A+ in my books. It gets bonus points for coming out relatively early in the year.
  2. Doom Eternal - Doom 2016 was my GotY, even surpassing Dark Souls III. So you bet your ass that I can't wait to rip and tear my way through a Hell-infested Earth on another outing as the Doomslayer.
  3. The Outer Worlds - It's New Vegas-meets-Mass Effect-meets-VTMB, what more is there to say? There's been a dearth of sci-fi space adventure RPGs, so this should scratch my itch while ME is decommissioned and another Kotor unlikely. Plus, it's Obsidian, what isn't there to love?
  4. Disco Elysium - I love film noir and detective fic aesthetics, so to have an RPG that revolves entirely around living out your dreams of being a noir antihero is right up my alley. The fact that - if you want to - you can eschew combat entirely and be a goody-two-shoes is also swell.
  5. Rage 2 - Not usually big into the Mad Max apunkalypse aesthetic sans Borderlands, but the gameplay looks aces, going with the balls-to-the-wall action of Doom 2016 and bringing it to an open world. Plus - unlike both the original Rage and most post-apocalypse games - it has a vibrant colour palette and seemingly varied environments instead of drab beige-and-brown desert.
  6. Star Wars - Jedi: Fallen Order - Titanfall 2 was the best Call of Duty campaign in recent years, so I'm hoping the guys at Respawn can do justice in an unfamiliar genre to bring about the best Star Wars game in a decade-and-a-half without a good one.
  7. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Until Dawn was what Telltale's Jurassic Park game should've been, so I'm excited to see what they can do with a (presumably) bigger budget and running on PC.
  8. Twin Mirror - Everyone has a favourite Eurojank developer; mine's Dontnod. I liked the Twin Peaks vibes that were already in LiS S1, so I'm excited to see what they do with an entire game revolving around that. Bonus points for it being set in the Rust Belt so that it feels like home (albeit Appalachia instead of the Great Lakes).
  9. The Occupation - I'm a sucker for both Orwellian dystopian fic and walking simulators, so mixing the two together is something that's extremely up my alley, if not looking into my room through the window in true Orwellian fashion.
  10. Sea of Solitude - Definitely was one of the highlights of the EA show at E3 this year. The concept seems interesting, and I love the art style.
Honourable Mentions
  1. The Pathless - Want to play through Abzu first, so it goes here. That said, it's probably the definitive highest honourable mention as the art style, gameplay, and Wintory's score already look and sound great.
  2. Biomutant - I'm not entirely sold on the gameplay that I've seen, but I can't pass up giving this game a try. I mean, what other game lets you play as a sword-wielding anthropomorphic trash panda?
  3. The Sinking City - Never played the Sherlock games, but - as stated above - I love detective fic, and mixing it with Lovecraft seems like such a natural combo.
  4. Sunless Skies - As with The Pathless, I want to try Sunless Sea before I give this a real hard look. That said, I've heard great things about Sea - particularly the writing - so I definitely do want to check it out at some point.
  5. The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe - Only reason it's at the bottom of the mentions is because I already have the Stanley Parable on PC, which means this'll probably be more like DLC or an expansion pack to me. It's still a great game, and any console owner who never played either the mod or 2013 commercial release should check it out.

Last edited:

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5: I've waited 10 years for this game to be announced and so far it has exceeded my expectations. I love the new devil breakers Nero has, the different modes Dante's weapons has, and even V's gameplay looks interesting. It's also cool to see Dante and the gang are getting their asses kicked by Urizen and the story isn't just another day in the office.
  2. Resident Evil 2: I always wanted REmake 2 to have fixed camera angles, but they made the right decision by going over the shoulder and buffing the zombies. Some of the jump scares I saw in gameplay footage got me and I'm disappointed that I was spoiled. It's good to see survival horror RE get a lot of love from Capcom now when action was the main thing they were pushing for so long (still love the combat system for RE4-6).
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: I normally don't play a lot of FromSoft games outside of Bloodborne, but the fact this game is an action instead of ARPG made me put this game on my radar because I'm curious of what they can do.

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
  1. Animal Crossing: My most anticipated game in years. I loved the DS version, but I bounced off 3DS version as I didn't love the hardware at launch. Now I'm beyond excited - this is like my morning cigarette game. Instant de-stresser on my daily commute.
  2. Resident Evil 2: This looks phenomenal. Really excited to scare the shit out of myself.
  3. Disco Elysium: This looks like my Unavowed for 2019. Love urban fantasy dialogue heavy adventure titles.
  4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: Star Wars is boring but Titanfall 2 was incredible. Respawn will nail it, I'm sure.
  5. The Outer Worlds: Never played New Vegas, but I love a good FPS RPG in space.
  6. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order: Finally getting some good looking games out of Marvel. Hopefully we get 60fps handheld.
  7. Anthem: Should be a fun romp with friends, or something to play when I have some podcast time.
  8. Luigi's Mansion 3: I love family friendly Halloween stuff, and this series is right up my alley. Considering how Switch upped so many first party franchises, I think this will be really special.
  9. Mortal Kombat 11: MK9 & 10 story was surprisingly compelling. Very interested to see where it goes.
  10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: One of the best 2D platformers of all time in a handheld. Nuff said!

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Dreams - I can't wait to play other people's creations and bring my own ideas to life. Please hurry and release this game!
  2. Days Gone - I like that this game will be narrative focused, I like the enemy horde mechanics, and the various other gameplay mechanics shown so far.
  3. Anthem - This game looks very exciting from an artistic and mechanical standpoint. It would be higher on my list except I fear the narrative/story is going to take a backseat.
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I'm a huge fan of Bloodborne and its faster paced gameplay among the Souls' games. Sekiro looks to continue that trend, and I like the aesthetic too.
  5. Resident Evil 2 - Never did get to play the original. Perfect way for me to experience this game.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Kingdom Hearts 3 - These games are embarrassingly fun. The gameplay, the visuals, the nostalgia trip, the music, the cringe inducing story. It's always a hell of a ride.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - LOVED Bloodborne. Looking forward to what they can do with this.
  3. Devil May Cry 5 - Uncle Dante has returned.
  4. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - Been wanting to play this for 10 fucking years.
  5. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown - I enjoyed the hell out of Ace Combat 4 and Ace Combat 5 but went on a long hiatus with the series. Can't wait to jump back in.

Last edited:

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
  1. Pokemon Gen 8: I first joined these forums after seeing the gen 8 hype threads right before the announcement of Let's Go - which, while it turned about to be pretty fun, was very disappointing at the time because it was not gen 8. 3DS left me feeling a bit high and dry, despite my feelings not being that negative, but I just have very large expectations for the first true HD traditional Pokemon games.
  2. Animal Crossing: I started with New Leaf and sunk a ton of hours into it. It was great but could have used a few refinements the Switch game can hopefully add. I think this will make fantastic use of the hybrid technology and be the first game I buy that can be casually played on and off.
  3. Fire Emblem 3 Houses: This series is amazing and I can't wait for it to come back to the console. I don't think there's ever really been a bad game for it that I've played, including Fates.

That's all I care to mention that's confirmed, I very recently got a PS4 so I have plenty to catch up with on that end.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Twin Mirror - You play as an investigative journalist, it's set in a small town in America and it's made by the Life is Strange developer Dontnod. That's a bingo for me.
  2. Control - It's a new Remedy game, how could I not look forward to it! I enjoyed Quantum Break and this seems to be a more focused, smaller-budgeted spiritual successor without the gimmicky TV show. In the sea of open-world games these days I always appreciate more linear games with strong emphasis on narrative and characters.
  3. Days Gone - The hourlong gameplay from GameInformer made me much more excited than any of the big E3/other expo showings of the game up to that point (and since). If Bend can tie it all neatly together, this could end up being a surprise hit.
  4. Jenny LeClue: Detectivu
  5. The Occupation
  6. Afterparty
  7. In the Valley of Gods
  8. The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
  9. Concrete Genie
  10. Truberbrook: A Nerd Saves The World

Last edited:

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 - This was one of my favorite games from the PS1 generation, and to see it be updated with current gen graphics and gameplay is going to be such a treat. After the first trailer and the first gameplay demo, I've gone on blackout because I'm already sold on their vision for the remake. I loved RE VII, but it's nice to see RE go back to third person, especially for such an iconic game in the series.
  2. Man of Medan - Until Dawn was my 2015 game of the year. It executed campy horror and choice based narrative gameplay to a level that surpasses others in the genre (Telltale games, David Cage games). Man of Medan looks like a spiritual successor to Until Dawn, which I am all for.
  3. Devil May Cry 5 - I very rarely play games in this genre anymore (or games that are genre adjacent to character action games), but the Devil May Cry franchise has been one that I've always played through. So to see DMC again after a somewhat long hiatus is going to be fun to return to.
  4. Anthem - I loved the Mass Effect trilogy, so ME: Andromeda being what it was is such a tremendous disappointment for me. I hope Anthem delivers on the sci fi goodness that we come to expect from Bioware. Gameplay looks good, with shooting and movement looking very tight - it's everything else that I am a bit cautiously optimistic on - so I hope Bioware delivers on the narrative and that the game isn't infiltrated with very harmful monetization practices.
  5. Control - I enjoyed Quantum Break, mostly for the time and space powers and its combination with very solid TPS mechanics. I've not paid much attention to the story in Control - but I have faith in Remedy that that will turn out solidly as well.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
  1. Sunless Skies - Sunless Sea is one of my favourite games of all time, so it makes sense that its sequel would be my most anticipated game of next year. I terms of writing, the entire franchise so far has just been incredible. While Skies is missing the previous creative lead, the rest of the writing team should be just as great as ever.
  2. Disco Elysium - This looks incredible. An RPG that actually seems to focus on writing and interesting character development. Everything I've read about it makes me feel like the developers really understand that writing should be the primary focus of story based RPGs.
  3. Dirt Rally 2.0 - The first Dirt Rally was the best racing game I've ever played, with a perfect mix of arcade and realistic steering and incredible stages that were hard but rewarding to master. Hopefully Dirt Rally 2.0 can match the quality of its namesake and improve on the huge disappointment that was Dirt 4.
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - A new Souls game would be enough to make me excited, but this seems even better. As good as the Souls franchise was, it was starting to feel sort of stale, so I'm interested to see what the team can do without being tied by the Souls formula.
  5. Devil May Cry 5 - Hopefully this will be a return to form for the franchise.
  6. Warcraft 3 Reforged - Warcraft 3 is one of the best games ever made, and it's nice to see it getting back into the spotlight. The base game already saw a resurgence of the esports scene, and I hope this remaster will further boost it.
  7. Imperator: Rome - I like Paradox grand strategy games, and it will be nice to play a sequel to one of their classics that I never got around to. On the other hand, if previous Paradox releases are anything to go by, it will probably take a couple of years and several expansions for this to actually turn into a good game.
  8. Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest - This is a pretty last minute pick for me, since I don't really know too much about it. But what I have read about it seems like something I could really get into: a challenging turn based strategy RPG with carefully constructed combat encounters ( but that's much easier said then done). And while I didn't really like Grimrock, I can't deny it was a very well put together game.
  9. Fire Emblem Three Houses - There's simply not enough info out there for me to be too excited for this. It could be incredible (like Conquest was) or it could be terrible (like Echoes was). There's simply no way to tell at this point. But if it's as good as Conquest, it might even make me consider getting a Switch for it.
  10. Anthem - A couple of months back, Anthem wouldn't be anywhere near this list. But I've just spent the last month getting really into Destiny 2, so now I'll probably at least check this out. I don't really trust Bioware to make a good game these days, but who knows.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not actually sure why so many strict rules are in place to count video game votes. These aren't voter punch holes we're talking about here.

I assume a bot goes through the posts and counts up the votes, checking for new lines that start with numbers and grabs the bolded part that follows. Having a strict format makes automatic parsing considerably easier.

I'm not really sure why we have to use the list function, though. It doesn't seem to do much.

And yeah, bolded text is really kinda invisible on the new dark theme.

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
  1. Pokémon for Nintendo Switch - Let's Go was a pleasant surprise, I loved the encounter and capture mechanics, I can't wait to see what the new gen looks like !
  2. Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch - The only thing I know about the game is that I'm going to be addicted... And my wife too.
  3. Shin Megami Tensei V - I never played a SMT, I loved Persona 5 and I'm a big J-RPG fan, this will be my introduction to SMT main series.
  4. Fire Emblem Three Houses - I love the series, I'm glad to see it back on home consoles. I want new mechanics and good map design.
  5. Kingdom Hearts III - I don't have a PS4 at the time but I really want to play this one... I wish that Square-Enix is considering a Switch port.
  6. Metroid Prime 4 - I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but I might be interested.
  7. Yoshi's Crafted World - I'm not sure about this one, I'm waiting for reviews and hopefully a demo.
  8. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  9. Bayonetta 3
  10. Daemon x Machina

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Daemon x Machina - it's been a little while since we saw more of it but it was pretty much my very-likely-to-be GOTY the day it was announced back at E3. Absolutely beautiful and fast-paced mech game is what the world needs right now.
  2. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
  3. Dragon Quest Builders 2
  4. The Outer Worlds
  5. Luigi's Mansion 3
  6. God Eater 3
  7. YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
  8. Resident Evil 2
  9. Devil May Cry 5
  10. DOOM Eternal