• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hello ResetEra and welcome to the world of webcomics created by members of this very forum! I am hpkomic and I am a webcomic creator currently attached to a couple comics, my SF adventure series Cosmic Dash, the 3x weekly RGBots, and as flat colorist for Accursed Dragon.This thread is for those of you who make webcomics and care to share your work with ERA. However, it is also a chance for anyone who is interested in making their own comic to pick the brains of the folks who post their work here.

One thing we ask is that if you create a webcomic to post your work in the thread and introduce yourself. Please include a title, a little synopsis, and a link to your website / gallery / storefront (however you share your work, really). Just as long as you get the basics across, you're helping out. One of our resident webcomic creators, hpkomic (aka me), will happily add you to the running list of ERA-creators in the next post.

Besides that, this thread is for webcomic creators to talk shop such as resources and techniques. Creators are also encouraged to post their updates here (within reason) for ResetEra posters to discuss and enjoy. We only ask that if you update your comic multiple times a week to post all your updates for the week in a single post to help prevent a lot of short posts and bumps.

If you want to create your own webcomics, please ask the creators here for tips, suggestions, or even feedback because webcomic creators tend to love talking about this stuff, and, hint hint, love talking about their own work even more. This is your chance to learn the ins and outs of webcomic creation with a captive set of creators.

For those of you here for the free content, please enjoy! Webcomics are generally completely free entertainment available to readers everywhere. Please treat all webcomic creators in this thread with respect, however. Even if you do not particularly like their work, being rude about it is shitty and is not a very ERA-thing to do. If you don't like something, don't post about it, easy as that.

Lastly, special thanks to weemadarthur for posting this thread on my behalf as I am a lowly junior. I've been wanting to do a thread like this since my years at NeoGaf but was never able to get out of junior status because I was more of a lurker than anything. I love the fact that weemadarthur offered to help me get this posted.

I am looking forward to having some great webcomic discussion at all levels and feel free to PM anytime with questions or suggestions for the discussion.

[Thread creation through the Adopt-A-User program. Please consider hpkomic to be the OP. Thank you.]

Last edited:

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
Howdy, reserved this post for listing ERA's webcomic creators. Special thanks toweemadarthurfor sponsoring this thread. :)

Webcomic Creators of ResetEra!

Last edited:

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
This post is reserved to be a listing of resources contributed by the webcomic community here at ResetEra. PM me if you want something added, or simply bring it up in the thread. :)

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
I am a frequent collaborator of HP's. Glad to see he took the initiative to look for fellow creators here.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
hpkomic
I posted a link to this specialty writing thread in the general Writing OT.

Per the new announcement:
Specifically, we're going to be taking one |OT| from the Hangouts subforum in each forum section, moving it into the corresponding main forum, and stickying it. This will follow a rotating system with each |OT| remaining there for a few days before being rotated back to Hangouts. Our hope is that this will help members find new communities of interest. I want to emphasize that this program is completely optional, so if your community would like to participate please go to one of the links below for full details.

Spotlight For Video Games Communities Here

Spotlight For Etcetera Communities Here

We're also looking at making special temporary spotlights for communities when specific events are occurring. For example, the release of a new game update or DLC, a new comic, major sporting event, etc. We are still brainstorming this concept so we'd love to hear your thoughts.

The third and final thing we are doing is the implementation of a "Table of Contents" for each Hangouts subforum. It will contain a list of communities in that Hangouts with a direct link to the |OT|. Our hope is that this will allow members to find communities they want to be involved in quicker and easier than sorting through pages and pages to find a specific community. This is also going to be optional. For full details and to sign up your community, please view one of the links below.
I expect the general writing OT to participate in both these optional programs. Does webcomics want to be a sort of subgroup, or participate separately?

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
I expect the general writing OT to participate in both these optional programs. Does webcomics want to be a sort of subgroup, or participate separately?

I suppose it really depends on how large the creative scene on ERA actually is. Whatever ends up being the decision that is made by us (or more to the point, for us) is fine by me and I'd still be happy to handle the tasks of compiling lists and resources. I do feel if we have a bunch of people interested in webcomics it could choke up the Writing OT with posts about illustration and webdesign.

OP
OP
weemadarthur

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The decision is made by YOU. :)
But I might need to post it in the thing on your behalf.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Subscribed!
I always think on and off abotu trying to do webcomics but I have poor work ethic.. lol I start and then abandon ship.. haha. I think one of the hurdles for me is realizing I woudl have to juggle multiple programs.. like Illustrator for text, photoshop for general effects, and otehr programs liek Manga Studio or something for lineart and colours. Not to mention "scripting" in general. lol

Many claps to those of you who have the resolve and grit to get through webcomicking!! Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
Nice! Subscribed!
I always think on and off abotu trying to do webcomics but I have poor work ethic.. lol I start and then abandon ship.. haha. I think one of the hurdles for me is realizing I woudl have to juggle multiple programs.. like Illustrator for text, photoshop for general effects, and otehr programs liek Manga Studio or something for lineart and colours. Not to mention "scripting" in general. lol

Many claps to those of you who have the resolve and grit to get through webcomicking!! Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

I'm not sure if you need all that many programs. I pay $9 a month for Photoshop CC and I do all aspects of my comic in illustrator. I mean, I guess my second program I use is Google Docs for my scripting. I'm not the second coming of Scott McCloud but I've done pretty well for myself. At the very least you can accomplish a lot with Gimp.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I always wanted to make some webcomic but I don't know.

I like the more "3 panel comic strip" thing even if the ones I do usually do have an overall arc instead of just unespecific jokes.
The problem is that I love to do some puns and I am not even close to being good of doing puns that works both on english and my main language.

Anyone had this problem before or everyone hre is english born ?

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017
Hey webcomic people! I've got two webcomics. The first one is on long-term hiatus while I try to heal my hand (tendon injury), but has about 70 pages so far. It's a fan comic about Kyoshi's discovery that she's the Avatar.

https://amirai.deviantart.com/art/Kyoshi-The-Undiscovered-Avatar-page-1-316751159
The action starts heating up at page 28. The art varies a lot because it's a place I used to learn how to make comics, but here's one of the pages that I like a lot:
kyoshi___the_undiscovered_avatar_page_59_by_amirai-d8r5tmp.jpg

The current one I'm working on is called Supposedly Super. It's about a 28 year old who accidentally gets ludicrous superpowers from smoking magical weed, but there are no other superpowered people, so she has no idea what to do with them. What results is an exploration of daily life with superpowers. Inspired a lot by one punch man and Superman's ridiculous abilities.
supposedly_super_page_1_by_amirai-dbmjuht.jpg

supposedly_super_page_2_by_amirai-dboqvhe.jpg
This comic is a lot easier to make than the Kyoshi story because there's a lot less preparation work of character and location design and no frigging crowd scenes (seriously, why do I keep writing those) so it serves as a good venue to practice making art with my non-dominant hand (which clip studio's stablization feature helps a ton with) while my other hand heals.

I always think on and off abotu trying to do webcomics but I have poor work ethic.. lol I start and then abandon ship.. haha.

My advice for that is to learn to love the various steps of the process, learn to optimize your workflow and focus on having fun. I used to struggle making comic pages, but after I put effort into learning clip studio paint and relentlessly optimizing my workflow, it became a *lot* more fun because I'm not fighting with photoshop elements or getting annoyed with adobe's design decisions anymore. I can quickly make a panel which is essential since I can work so little.

Also, start small, and again, focus on the fun. Don't start with a mega-project like I did, because agh is it a lot of work, even if I enjoy it.

I think one of the hurdles for me is realizing I woudl have to juggle multiple programs.. like Illustrator for text, photoshop for general effects, and otehr programs liek Manga Studio or something for lineart and colours. Not to mention "scripting" in general. lol

I recommend clip studio paint. It took a little learning, but it's fantastic. It's got tools for doing lettering and word balloons and its art tools are great so I never have to switch programs anymore. I can really rave about it because of how much easier and more efficient it is to make art with now that I know how to use it. Drawing with vectors is especially useful. It looks just as good as drawing with pixels and has the added benefit of being able to move the lines around after you've drawn them with the pinch vector line tool (it works a little like photoshop's liquify, but with vectors only) or by dragging points individually so you don't have to erase and redraw to make adjustments. Coloring is also more efficient with an option to fill to the center of vector lines, which saves significantly on cleanup work.

Last edited:

Crowtex

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, I've been working on this webcomic on and off through some years now, you can tell how the first few pages have a different style from the rest.

Ghost Itch is about secret agents who investigate the paranormal and the unknown. It was inspired by X-files and Men in black mostly. I am not a great writer but I'm trying to learn as I go. Right now I started to work on chapter two.

Crowmics is basically comedy short comics based on the characters of ghost itch, nothing is taken seriously and the characters are more exaggerated and wacky.

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
Hello Amiral and Crowtext. I went ahead and added you to the listing of ERA comic creators. Please let me know if you want me to add any more information such as social media and the like.

Also, start small, and again, focus on the fun. Don't start with a mega-project like I did, because agh is it a lot of work, even if I enjoy it.

I agree with starting small. Generally every idea I have I map out into 5 to 10 page proof of concept comics for copyright evidence, but also to see if I am ready to take it on at that time.

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
whats the best place to post your content? free or paid, max exposure? a site, an app or what? line webtoons looks interesting but its free. madefire has paid content however. i wonder how hard it is to post webcomic collections on amazon, ios bookstore and google play books

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017
whats the best place to post your content? free or paid, max exposure? a site, an app or what? line webtoons looks interesting but its free. madefire has paid content however. i wonder how hard it is to post webcomic collections on amazon, ios bookstore and google play books

There's a bunch of options. Some people prefer using one website, I've been posting my stuff in a bunch of places. I use Deviantart, Smackjeeves, Twitter, Tumblr and Tapas, but those aren't the only options available (I can't remember the other options at the moment, though).

As for exposure, there's the webcomic lists like top webcomics, Reddit, Deviantart groups, hashtags, project wonderful even has some free advertising options I think, and it's pretty cheap to advertise if you want to spend money.

As for publishing on Amazon, it's not hard since they have self-publishing.

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California

There's a bunch of options. Some people prefer using one website, I've been posting my stuff in a bunch of places. I use Deviantart, Smackjeeves, Twitter, Tumblr and Tapas, but those aren't the only options available (I can't remember the other options at the moment, though).

As for exposure, there's the webcomic lists like top webcomics, Reddit, Deviantart groups, hashtags, project wonderful even has some free advertising options I think, and it's pretty cheap to advertise if you want to spend money.

I have my own website for my comics, but I have been mirroring one of them on Tapas and Webtoon. I'm not fond of either, though. If I wanted to get the most from them it would require me reformatting my comics completely and I simply do no have the energy and motivation to go down that route.

I have a couple things on Amazon, but they haven't amounted to much. I make most of my sales of my content on Gumroad of all places. It also makes it much easier to keep in touch with customers.

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL

thanks so for advertising purposes just previews, samples, shorts on top webcomics, reddit, line webtoon, deviantart, hashtags project wonderful, twitter, reddit, deviantart
and for full series amazon, madefire, google books, itunes bookstore

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I have my own website for my comics, but I have been mirroring one of them on Tapas and Webtoon. I'm not fond of either, though. If I wanted to get the most from them it would require me reformatting my comics completely and I simply do no have the energy and motivation to go down that route.

I have a couple things on Amazon, but they haven't amounted to much. I make most of my sales of my content on Gumroad of all places. It also makes it much easier to keep in touch with customers.
i will look up gumroad thanks!

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the 'webtoon' format which they seem to be gaga about there. It ruins panel flow, makes it super obnoxious to read on desktop computers and causes viewers to need to be constantly scrolling. Every part of it just annoys me so I just leave my comics as they are too.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I totally missed this thread. This is exactly what I've been waiting for too! I'm so happy.
Right now I'm still writing up my story but I'm hoping to actually get to work drawing it starting next year. Been reading a lot of graphic novels a lot lately to help out.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the thread MaximumSpider; let us know if you have any questions about making comics.

What graphic novels are you reading?
Finished reading Anya's Ghost and This One Summer yesterday and now currently reading Lost at Sea.
Anya's Ghost had a really cute art style but I loved the details that were put into the backgrounds of This One Summer.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the discord server, currently rather bare bones but we can organize some more later.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

We got an Art Era discord being set up thanks to weemadarthur !
=>
Hidden content
Nothing's really there yet, including categories or rules or what have you, but if you wanna join ahead of time and set the tone, you're all welcome to.
It probably needs a volunteer mod eventually, but if no one else does it, I will and increase my subtle influences!
(Yeah I'm copypasting this around to announce it everywhere.)

Last edited:

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
We got an Art Era discord being set up thanks to weemadarthur !
=>
Hidden content
Nothing's really there yet, including categories or rules or what have you, but if you wanna join ahead of time and set the tone, you're all welcome to.
It probably needs a volunteer mod eventually, but if no one else does it, I will and increase my subtle influences!
(Yeah I'm copypasting this around to announce it everywhere.)

Thanks for the post, I'll definitely take a look.

C.B.

Oct 26, 2017
England
I doubt I have the kind of money to fund something. But for curiosity sake... how much would that cost? I'm guessing it would be on a per comic basis.

Really depends on the quality you're going for, and who you have doing it. Some artists would be happy to do everything from cover to cover but it's also common to have a separate penciller, inker, colourist, and even a letterer. Also you'd be looking at being charged per page, rather than per comic flat out - and some artists will charge differently in groups or panels or character to appear on the page. So there's not really a one size fits all answer. Simply googling "comic artists for hire" will give you a range of freelance websites that can give you a general idea of what quality to expect for what kind of cash.

Also hello! Been meaning to introduce myself since having made an appearance in the discord chat. Comics have been a bit of a backburner for me up until the last couple years where I've really began to focus on them! I've just finished the first 20 Page episode of what I hope to be an ongoing series.

It's called Avery Chase, which is the name of the lead character. Unfortunately it wont be free to read at first and will be available to my Patreon for some time but I'd love to add some updates of various characters and show of pages or panels that I can! For now, if anyone's interested they can keep up with me and my work via twitter.

averyadvert32fuk5.jpg

page6wipohuik.jpg
pg7wippruij.jpg

Each episode will be pretty self contained and filled with spaceman hijinks. Episode two will also introduce further characters such as C.J. - Avery's self proclaimed rival. A astute scientist; imagine Tuxedo Mask mixed with Team Rocket ( if TR were actually successful).

Leslie Dynamite - An ex physicist turned explosive expert/jewel thief. Partner and lover of Cameron Posh.

And Cameron Posh - the most remarkable things of him being those shoujo eyes and that he's a diamond eating nudist. Partner and lover of Leslie Dynamite.

I'll update with some shots of episode 2 as I get working on it! I have several other comics that are going through a much slower process, and need some reworking in their format. I'll introduce those later as they have concluded chapters/episodes.

Last edited:

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
Really depends on the quality you're going for, and who you have doing it. Some artists would be happy to do everything from cover to cover but it's also common to have a separate penciller, inker, colourist, and even a letterer. Also you'd be looking at being charged per page, rather than per comic flat out - and some artists will charge differently in groups or panels or character to appear on the page. So there's not really a one size fits all answer. Simply googling "comic artists for hire" will give you a range of freelance websites that can give you a general idea of what quality to expect for what kind of cash.

Also hello! Been meaning to introduce myself since having made an appearance in the discord chat. Comics have been a bit of a backburner for me up until the last couple years where I've really began to focus on them! I've just finished the first 20 Page episode of what I hope to be an ongoing series.

It's called Avery Chase, which is the name of the lead character. Unfortunately it wont be free to read at first and will be available to my Patreon for some time but I'd love to add some updates of various characters and show of pages or panels that I can! For now, if anyone's interested they can keep up with me and my work via twitter.

averyadvert32fuk5.jpg

page6wipohuik.jpg
pg7wippruij.jpg

Each episode will be pretty self contained and filled with spaceman hijinks. Episode two will also introduce further characters such as C.J. - Avery's self proclaimed rival. A astute scientist; imagine Tuxedo Mask mixed with Team Rocket ( if TR were actually successful).

Leslie Dynamite - An ex physicist turned explosive expert/jewel thief.

And Cameron Posh - the most remarkable things of him being those shoujo eyes and that he's a diamond eating nudist.

I'll update with some shots of episode 2 as I get working on it! I have several other comics that are going through a much slower process, and need some reworking in their format. I'll introduce those later as they have concluded chapters/episodes.

Thanks for the reply... looks like I wont be making a comic anytime soon lol.

Your art is amazing by the way!

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California

You just gotta get your ideas out there so you can use them to sell others on the project later. Even if you're just doing stick-figures.

That's how Harvey Pekar was able to sell R. Crumb on American Splendor. He just drew his comics with stick figures, Crumb loved them, and offered to flesh them out. Just make the material as best you can for now.

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017

You just gotta get your ideas out there so you can use them to sell others on the project later. Even if you're just doing stick-figures.

That's how Harvey Pekar was able to sell R. Crumb on American Splendor. He just drew his comics with stick figures, Crumb loved them, and offered to flesh them out. Just make the material as best you can for now.

A similar thing happened with One and Yusuke Murata of One Punch Man fame (it wasn't stick figures, but One's art in it wasn't exactly the best). It is possible to find artists to work together with without money upfront, but it's not as reliable and sometimes they can lose interest. Might be worth trying though! It would help if the idea you work on is a small one issue sized project or something rather than a huge epic of some sort.

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
A similar thing happened with One and Yusuke Murata of One Punch Man fame (it wasn't stick figures, but One's art in it wasn't exactly the best). It is possible to find artists to work together with without money upfront, but it's not as reliable and sometimes they can lose interest. Might be worth trying though! It would help if the idea you work on is a small one issue sized project or something rather than a huge epic of some sort.

Even better, a 5 to 8 page proof of concept pilot, a smaller investment and allows you to hit on all the key stuff right away.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017

lol, I'll give it a shot... maybe i'll post my "Art" in the discord.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Congrats ResetEra Webcomic Creators Community, you are one of ResetEra's next EtcetEra Community Spotlight!

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
Congrats ResetEra Webcomic Creators Community, you are one of ResetEra's next EtcetEra Community Spotlight!

Wow! We are a small community but hope to offer ERA a lot of entertainment. On the road now but I am totally coming back to add to this post in a bit!

EDIT: Okay, now that I am back, I am ridiculously excited about this spotlight because the webcomic collective I helped develop is finally open. What incredible timing!

wFWaUQl.png

Comicadia is a webcomic collective that features some great comics (2 of which are my own, for full disclosure) and an already active and welcoming community for webcomic creators of all types. In developing the website we've resolved to share the spotlight with other independent creators as much as we can by not only expanding membership over time, but developing resources and projects for people to take advantage of. We have a lot of stuff on the way and welcome any webcomic creators of ERA to chat with us in our Discord. I'd like to plug our launch post, in addition to our first spotlight with one of our creators.

I'd be happy to answer any questions here of course, as well.

Anyway, I am so psyched about the community spotlight and urge anyone visit to check out all the wonderful webcomics people have posted in the thread, and don't forget to support ERA creators!

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize we had webcomic artists here. Apologies, but I'm only responding to the art samples posted in the thread since I'm at work.

Hey webcomic people! I've got two webcomics. The first one is on long-term hiatus while I try to heal my hand (tendon injury), but has about 70 pages so far. It's a fan comic about Kyoshi's discovery that she's the Avatar.

https://amirai.deviantart.com/art/Kyoshi-The-Undiscovered-Avatar-page-1-316751159
Neat! Sucks about your hand, though. How's it doing now?

The current one I'm working on is called Supposedly Super. It's about a 28 year old who accidentally gets ludicrous superpowers from smoking magical weed, but there are no other superpowered people, so she has no idea what to do with them. What results is an exploration of daily life with superpowers. Inspired a lot by one punch man and Superman's ridiculous abilities.
This is pretty cute, and good job finding a way to draw with your other hand.

Wow, that art is incredible.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow! We are a small community but hope to offer ERA a lot of entertainment. On the road now but I am totally coming back to add to this post in a bit!

EDIT: Okay, now that I am back, I am ridiculously excited about this spotlight because the webcomic collective I helped develop is finally open. What incredible timing!

wFWaUQl.png

Comicadia is a webcomic collective that features some great comics (2 of which are my own, for full disclosure) and an already active and welcoming community for webcomic creators of all types. In developing the website we've resolved to share the spotlight with other independent creators as much as we can by not only expanding membership over time, but developing resources and projects for people to take advantage of. We have a lot of stuff on the way and welcome any webcomic creators of ERA to chat with us in our Discord. I'd like to plug our launch post, in addition to our first spotlight with one of our creators.

Anyway, I am so psyched about the community spotlight and urge anyone visit to check out all the wonderful webcomics people have posted in the thread, and don't forget to support ERA creators!
I'm so excited for this. Can't wait until I finally get my story done so I can draw!!

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, cool. Hi new people!

wFWaUQl.png

Interesting idea for a website. Looks like I've got some new comics to check out!

Neat! Sucks about your hand, though. How's it doing now?

This is pretty cute, and good job finding a way to draw with your other hand.

Thanks! As for my dominant hand, I can currently draw with it for about 15 minutes every couple of days!

*Cries*

At least I can manage more with my left hand. About an hour a day isn't much either, but it's way better than it was. I was going nuts without drawing.

I'll toss in an update too:

supposedly_super_page_5_by_amirai-dbsyb6f.jpg

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! As for my dominant hand, I can currently draw with it for about 15 minutes every couple of days!

*Cries*

At least I can manage more with my left hand. About an hour a day isn't much either, but it's way better than it was. I was going nuts without drawing.
Well, it's an improvement. In any case, it's far better than I could manage with my left hand. Or my right hand.

I'll toss in an update too:
Pretty good!

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's an improvement. In any case, it's far better than I could manage with my left hand. Or my right hand.

It's actually 'better' than I can manage with my left hand alone too. If it wasn't for clip studio paint's stabilization which smooths the lines and the vector manipulation tools which enable me to bend the lines to where I meant for them to be, I wouldn't be able to make comics at all. I'd be too unhappy with the results and find the process too frustrating.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Working on a comic myself called Tyran Awakening. The art's... getting better. None of it is as good as my standalone art because I'm making sacrifices to even get this stuff out, and the fact that I complete every chapter before posting weekly updates means that by the time each chapter's done, I kinda hate the art.

But I'll link it anyway, since this be the topic, yar.

TYRAN AWAKENING

I'll post some of the better pages. I have higher quality files on my deviantart, but Webtoons is my main platform. (Why the hell does it only accept jpegs.)

Here's the first page. It's still kinda good.

tyran_awakening_001_by_adaminator1-db8gz4w.png

Chapter Two title page.

tyran_awakening_043_by_adaminator1-dbqpdmo.png

Page from Chapter Two.

tyran_awakening_051_by_adaminator1-dbtmivz.png

I'm working on Chapter Three as we speak. It's going slowly, since it's a long chapter with some complicated pages, but I'm really enjoying what I'm finishing so far.

And yes, all of the pages are done at a stupidly high resolution. If I have any advice for people, it's draw bigger so it looks better smaller!

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I've been meaning to post on this thread, but now that it's the community spotlight, I might as well. A little nervous about sharing, though.

I've got a fantasy webcomic called Rune Hunters, that I've been working on for years. It's about Asura, a witch who's kicked out of school after one too many pranks, and Ada, a imperial warrior tasked with recovering a stolen artifact. Along the way, there is fun, magic and mystery.

Below are some sample pages from a Chapter 0 that I created awhile ago for newer readers:

Asura's Story

2012-03-18-ch00-pg01.png

Ada's Story
2012-04-15-ch00-pg04.png

If you want to check it out, you can find it both at the main Rune Hunters site or on my deviantArt page.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Cool stuff. I can't wait to get started on my own webcomic again soon. I make NSFW comics so I won't ask to be added to the list or post any links, but this should be a fun thread to follow!

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere

averyadvert32fuk5.jpg

page6wipohuik.jpg
pg7wippruij.jpg

Whoa. I love this art.

Got a few ideas/sketches for a comic -- building to the confidence to actually go through with :>

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Oh hey, didn't notice this thread before; cool that the spotlight feature made me notice it.

I've been doing a webcomic myself named Hero Oh Hero:

http://neorice.com/hoh_1

It's a fantasy story of sorts done entirely in pixelart.

Here's a recent page to show off the art used:
1085_Burk.png