• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Woot, first post here! Can anyone recommend some good inking pens? I've been using Sakura Microns but need something to cover large areas on an 11x17 page.

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
HPK, your stuff seems super familiar. Were you on Drunkduck back in the good old days when Volte ran it before Platinum bought and ruined it?

Welcome! And indeed, I was very much a fixture at DD until about maybe two years after Platinum purchased it (I was one of the finalists in the Platinum challenge they did at SDCC one year). Since then I've drifted around a few places and joined a couple communities, but I'm pretty happy to have launched Comicadia at this point.

Woot, first post here! Can anyone recommend some good inking pens? I've been using Sakura Microns but need something to cover large areas on an 11x17 page.

I use a combination of sharpie pens for fine inking and large brush pens for filling blacks. At least on my sketch cards. I get most of my brush pens on clearance at JoAnns or Michaels/Hobby Lobby.

C.B.

Oct 26, 2017
England
Thanks for the reply... looks like I wont be making a comic anytime soon lol.

Your art is amazing by the way!

Thanks! What might be worth your time for now is setting out with smaller projects to get use to production before thinking of big spendings on a massive saga. The more you hone your production process the more you can cut down on costs in the long run, and have a better idea of who you need or what tools you got to work with.

Wow, that art is incredible.

Ah thanks!

Whoa. I love this art.

Got a few ideas/sketches for a comic -- building to the confidence to actually go through with :>

Thank you and good luck! Doing some pages to start off with will get that confidence going for sure!
cover1pqqv8.jpg

I finally managed to launch Episode 1, and a bit late mentioning it - but its up and ready for reading on Patreon!

And now I'm currently working on Episode 2 - I'll post a little sneak of some of the reference sheets. The rest are all on Patreon too, including the some of the thought process behind them.

tooxlfsdx.jpg

erwin4fsm8.jpg

I'll try and drop in more frequently with some other sneaky peaks of the pages as I get to work on them.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Myself and artist Shawn Pero make a gag webcomic called JE-NL. It can get a little naughty and sweary. Lately we've been angry at Trump and making Angry At Trump comics. We have fun making it. je-nl.com

8YFKWLi.png

JM47Spk.png

oUe41d5.png

hNRE44A.png

YQfMlgY.png

Redrefresh

Apr 1, 2018
Japan for a while
Hi everyone, I'm new.
Wow, this might be my cup of tea. Will take a month before I create mine though. Still in pre-production. I just quit my job and I want to try actually creating stuff again.

Mar 6, 2018
I started a Patreon today concerning two comic series, an original one called 'Morally Bankrupt' which is very, very, very loosely based on myself and some of my friends in Cartersville, a fairly small town in Georgia. It is not remotely autobiographical. I'm working on completing Season One, comprised of ten 'Episodes'. Episode One is already complete though I'm in the process of re-shading it. These covers reflect the shading style going forward. You can read Episode One of Morally Bankrupt here.
Possibly of more interest on a video game focused forum (and I expect it to be in general) is 'Have Bat, Will Travel: Lifeup'. About a decade ago I sporadically drew an Earthbound fan comic (Have Bat, Will Travel) that was sort of popular. I wanted to go back to it so I've started over from the beginning.
I plan on posting two pages every week while I work on Morally Bankrupt in the background. I have ten pages already up here.
'
If you like my work enough, well, that's what the Patreon is for. If you want to share these links please do not hesitate to do so. Fun fact: I posted the original version of Have Bat, Will Travel back on the old forum in 2007, let's call it 'NonGrata', and , frankly, it was not well received. Also, frankly, it wasn't a very good comic in 2007 either.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm garbage at honoring any deadlines I set for myself and I need to "turn in" work to someone to push myself more, at least while I first start my webcomic, This could take the form of any small-time work like proofreading, uploading a page, flatting, etc with the real purpose of being moral support, and I'd love to do the same for anyone else who works better under pressure lol. Anyone interested?

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
I'm garbage at honoring any deadlines I set for myself and I need to "turn in" work to someone to push myself more, at least while I first start my webcomic, This could take the form of any small-time work like proofreading, uploading a page, flatting, etc with the real purpose of being moral support, and I'd love to do the same for anyone else who works better under pressure lol. Anyone interested?

Got a twitter account or somewhere off ERA I can link? I'll post this in the Comicadia Discord and Twitter.

hpkomic

Oct 30, 2017
California
As in a webcomic site? I didn't make one yet (probably not going to until I finish the first chapter anyways). I was just going to pm whoever was interested what I have drafted so far

Mostly I mean a way outside of ERA to get a hold of you, like a twitter account or something. Maybe post your message there so I can retweet and share it.

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly I mean a way outside of ERA to get a hold of you, like a twitter account or something. Maybe post your message there so I can retweet and share it.
Ah I don't have any socials

Do you know of any webomic communities that hold contests, "show and tells", etc. Basically any "Post your stuff by (insert date)" type events?

nevercomehome

Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all. A few days ago I decided to start using Clip Studio Paint for the webcomic i'm currently working on and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or any handy guides/youtube videos/etc. for this software.

Mar 6, 2018
Hey y'all. A few days ago I decided to start using Clip Studio Paint for the webcomic i'm currently working on and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or any handy guides/youtube videos/etc. for this software.
The only tip I could give is to get the Frenden Brushes http://frenden.com/post/41066125217/manga-studio-5-brushes. Otherwise I use it the same way I did Photoshop, if you're looking for advice on CSP-specific functions I probably don't even know them either.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Use vector layers for lineart. Discovered them in the last year and they've been a great boost to get the lineart just right.

Last edited:

nevercomehome

Oct 25, 2017
The only tip I could give is to get the Frenden Brushes http://frenden.com/post/41066125217/manga-studio-5-brushes. Otherwise I use it the same way I did Photoshop, if you're looking for advice on CSP-specific functions I probably don't even know them either.

Use vextor layers for lineart. Discovered them in the last year and they've been a great boost to get the lineart just right.

Thank you both!