• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats guys. Loved the first 24 hours. Gonna have to take more hard work from everyone though! I'd love to see the stats in a month!

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed the red Mod edit in the stats comparison post inadvertently mentioned RetroEra. Was this also one of the few names the committee was deciding on?!?! I like it!!

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
I think the mods have warned in this thread already, but let's move on from the comparison

Might have not seen it. Yeah, ill stop these comparisons. Just happy that this place is a success! Its just great to discuss gaming and everything all together. Its mind-blowing that it get that big that fast.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
Don't post NeoGAF vs. RetroEra statistics, please. Keep it classy.
So what's the officially posts difference in the 24 hours of Resetera being up compared to Gaf?
NeoGAF Total Posts at 8:14pm - 119,688,607
NeoGAF Total Posts at 8:24pm - 119,688,646 (difference = 39)
NeoGAF Total Posts at 8:34pm - 119,688,714 (difference = 107)
NeoGAF Total Posts at 8:54pm - 119,688,851 (difference = 244)
NeoGAF Total Posts at 9:14pm - 119,689,002 (difference = 395)
NeoGAF Total Posts at 10:14pm - 119,689,433 (difference = 826)

ResetEra Total Posts at 8:14pm - 22,655
ResetEra Total Posts at 8:24pm - 24,019 (difference = 1364)
ResetEra Total Posts at 8:34pm - 25,296 (difference = 2641)
ResetEra Total Posts at 8:54pm - 26,613 (difference = 3958)
ResetEra Total Posts at 10:14pm - 34,511 (difference = 11856)

This was from a few hours difference so its safe to assume ERA doing work.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just say that the results and website name of one of those sites has been completely censored and been banning people for mentioning it's existence on the other site.

That says all that needs to be said, really.
Their policy has always been to not allow the advertisement of other forums. I do not think it's unique to the current situation.
Thank you.

At the time of these calculations:

GAF: 10,459
ERA: 92,594

I'm glad GAF is serving the people who just want to talk about video games well.
50% of NeoGAF's posts are probably discussing the state of the forum and complaining about the people requesting bans.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just say that the results and website name of one of those sites has been completely censored and been banning people for mentioning it's existence on the other site.

That says all that needs to be said, really.

Yeah, it's crazy. Says a lot about the direction of that site, that and how the two biggest threads on the front page are about celebrating people leaving and sniping back and forth. SMH

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as a request member to member (not a mod, not backseat modding, just a request) can we please stop these comparisons? It ain't a competition, we're all just here because we didn't want to (or couldn't) be there any more, no less. Just let them do their thing, us do ours and help any users that want to migrate here.

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
The outpouring of support here has been phenomenal, and the community seems better than ever. I think this was the fresh start we all needed.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
with some minor hiccup. i think getting all these people registered and forum still live is amazing! can't wait for the new Era.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Just now, I experienced the most truly malevolent moment in our young forum's history

BAofPq2.png

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to all of the staff here, to the mods in the various discords, and of course to all of you for making this a great transition.

Beans

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The forum itself is very slick and we all knew the community would be awesome.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing was really amazing, from the way each community worked to get its members organized to the way they all came together to plan the migration. It really says something about how much people cared. And a big thanks to the people who put these forums together.

Human

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder just how many more people there are who want to sign up but haven't yet. When I was browsing the GAF OT Community threads yesterday there seemed to be a lot looking for invites to Discord and Era.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I thought I was a member of a website.

I found out I was a member of a community.

To the admins and mods who got this site prepared in next to no time. Thank you.

To the discord admins, who set up the bolt holes that we first ran for. Thank you.

To everyone who was part of multiple discords that helped pull everyone together and establish communication. Thank you.

To everyone like me, that reached out to people they knew through other means, and got them into one of the discords. Thank you.

I can't believe how this happened. People thought we were scattered to the four corners of the wide interwebs... instead we showed everyone what we can do when we work towards a single purpose. From those who did the most, to those who just came along for the ride, we *all* were part of making this happen... and to varying amounts, we should all be proud.