• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rytheran

Oct 27, 2017
Just outside Holtburg
Can you explain what's going on with this message?

xyHxF8T.jpg

This seems to appear on restricted and non restricted giveaways while it doesn't appear on all of them, just most.
It's confusing cause it's not happening on every one of them and it isn't explained how long it stays like this.
I believe that's the cool down timer. Some giveaways can have a restriction like: If this person has won within the last hour, they can't enter this giveaway.

If you mouse over the little clock icon on the amazon gc giveaway on the previous page you'll see it says 1 hour. But it's customizable, so depends on the giveaway.

I was wrong

Ferrasvansen

Oct 25, 2017
Azeroth(Scotland)
Information
As you might have inferred from GiftBot going rogue for a moment there, we've applied another patch with a few more improvements:
  • Platform and region information will now appear next to each prize on the Enter Giveaway dialogue
  • Alerts for raffles you don't win will now tell you whose raffle it was, rather than just naming GiftBot for all of them
  • First-come first-serve giveaways should no longer erroneously display an end time on your giveaways list
  • New raffles will now correctly trigger post notifications
  • Receiving prizes will now correctly trigger conversation notifications
The most obvious and most serious bugs should now all be fixed. The bot should be nice and stable now. There will be more updates and new features -- we're not done by a long shot!
Amazing work, well done and thank you.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Can you explain what's going on with this message?

xyHxF8T.jpg

This seems to appear on restricted and non restricted giveaways while it doesn't appear on all of them, just most.
It's confusing cause it's not happening on every one of them and it isn't explained how long it stays like this.
That's a "flood" restriction we've activated which is currently configured two ways:
  • A short cooldown after each win
  • A significantly longer cooldown if you've won a LOT of prizes in a relatively short period of time
We're not going to provide the exact numbers as that'd defeat the point and make it easier to exploit.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I believe that's the cool down timer. Some giveaways can have a restriction like: If this person has won within the last hour, they can't enter this giveaway.

If you mouse over the little clock icon on the amazon gc giveaway on the previous page you'll see it says 1 hour. But it's customizable, so depends on the giveaway.

No, like I said, this also appears on completely non restricted giveaways and every restricted one tells you the timer.

That's a "flood" restriction we've activated which is currently configured two ways:
  • A significantly longer cooldown if you've won a LOT of prizes in a relatively short period of time
We're not going to provide the exact numbers as that'd defeat the point and make it easier to exploit.

Thanks, well, I guess I shouldn't enter giveaways with old humble bundle games and specially ones with more than one choice anymore from here on. 😕

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Sartho for the gift :) nice to wake up to that :D

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The longer cooldown doesn't seem to apply to every giveaway though. I believe I am currently in the longer cooldown but I can still enter some giveaways.

Thanks for all the fixes anyway!

Cloudst69

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Sep 18, 2019
Information
As you might have inferred from GiftBot going rogue for a moment there, we've applied another patch with a few more improvements:
  • Platform and region information will now appear next to each prize on the Enter Giveaway dialogue
  • Alerts for raffles you don't win will now tell you whose raffle it was, rather than just naming GiftBot for all of them
  • First-come first-serve giveaways should no longer erroneously display an end time on your giveaways list
The most obvious and most serious bugs should now all be fixed. The bot should be nice and stable now. There will be more updates and new features -- we're not done by a long shot!

Thanks for working hard!!

Hyro

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Information
Thanks for all your hard work. I know I probably won't win anything but i think that giftbot is an awesome idea.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If I create a Giveaway with Steam codes from some Humble Bundles that I havent used, do I list it as Steam or Humble?

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
If I create a Giveaway with Steam codes from some Humble Bundles that I havent used, do I list it as Steam or Humble?
If they are humble links (humblebundle.com/gift?key=xxxx) I marked them as Humble Bundle, if they are Steam keys (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) I'd mark them as a Steam, even if they came from HB. That's what I did anyway.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
i Gotta say, the old method of entry wasn't like a pain in the butt or anything but the way it is streamlined now is really impressive. Good work team.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This is really awesome! The patches and just the roll out has been amazing.

I'm 0-10, but hey, can't win them all!

I just want to win one.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 15 gifts from cmdrshepard cmdrshepard!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

cmdrshepard said:
Found some more humble bundle codes - Pretty sure they have not been redeemed - sorry if one of them has been

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Dead Rising 2 - Won by Angelo Angelo
  • Steam Steam: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - Won by PC90 PC90
  • Steam Steam: Dead Rising 3 - Apocalypse Edition - Won by Avenger54321 Avenger54321
  • Steam Steam: DmC: Devil May Cry - Won by Subnats Subnats
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil 0 HD REMASTER - Won by metsallica metsallica
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil 6 - Won by nampad nampad
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil HD Remaster - Won by LukeOP LukeOP
  • Steam Steam: Strider - Won by Josh5890 Josh5890
  • Steam Steam: Umbrella Corps - Won by Noppie Noppie
  • Steam Steam: Umbrella Corps Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack - Won by Zero-ELEC Zero-ELEC
  • Steam Steam: Call of Jurez: Gunslinger - Won by BIGLukas BIGLukas
  • Uplay Uplay: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - Won by qaz
  • Steam Steam: Dragon Age Origins - Won by Nightz Nightz
  • Steam Steam: Mass Effect 2 - Won by Maxina Maxina
  • Origin Origin: Battlefield 3 - Won by saidmsx saidmsx

BenjiBurltz

Mar 15, 2018
Reposting for the new page:

Thanks to the generous MrBS I've won a family subscription to 1 year of Switch online.
I have room for a few additional members in my family group so the first few who PM me with their Nintendo account email and birthday, I can add you to the family group and you'll also get a year of free online!

Thank you to both of you for the year of switch online! Very generous of you both. What an amazing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.