• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 gift from Lannisters1798

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Lannisters1798 Lannisters1798!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Lannisters1798 said:
Don't sleep on this one guys. (It's a good niche hidden gem)

These are our awesome prizes:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm not a fan of these "mystery" raffles. There's already a lot of people winning games they already have, or that they don't want, and also the winner may be locked out of other raffles as a result.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't you just give the key to someone else?
You can, but you'd still be locked out of other raffles that limit the last time you won a raffle.

Since there's a 99% chance I own the mystery game already, or have no interest in it, I never enter them.

Edit: Should have mentioned that I don't mind the mystery giveaways, and I see how they're fun for others. All giveaways obviously don't need to be made specifically for me. Create the giveaways you want!

Last edited:

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Sure are a lot of people in this thread complaining about getting free stuff.

I mean when you have the key and redeem it you see what the game is but then it's already too late. If you don't want the game it will just sit there in your library (probably hidden as well), other people might have wanted the game the game instead so it's kinda wasted.
That's why I don't enter these giveaways much less buy them.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Its funny being able to tell which humble bundles people bought from what they have on-hand to give away. Maybe I spend too much time online if I'm recognizing old sale bundles

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
You can, but you'd still be locked out of other raffles that limit the last time you won a raffle.

Since there's a 99% chance I own the mystery game already, or have no interest in it, I never enter them.
Problem solved then? No one is forcing anyone to enter any giveaway. If people find it fun, they know the "risks"

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017

You just reminded me that my Win/Loss glitch actually locked me out of some raffles lol
which is fine, since i won in the end anyways 😏

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a problem with them, and I'm not saying people shouldn't do them. I was just trying to answer a question about why re-gifting the key doesn't solve all of Sheepinator 's problems with them.
I see, sorry about that. I misread and thought you and Sheepinator were the same poster. I just am somewhat tired of people complaining about the manner in which people are giving things away for free.

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see, sorry about that. I misread and thought you and Sheepinator were the same poster. I just am somewhat tired of people complaining about the manner in which people are giving things away for free.
I probably should have mentioned that I don't mind the mystery giveaways, and think they could be fun for other people in my post. I can easily see how it comes across as being in full agreement with his post of not liking those giveaways.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
With the power of XP, I'll make an ERA themed game. It will be freely distributed, of course.

1 gift from arts&crafts

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from arts&crafts arts&crafts!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

arts&crafts said:
Amazing metroidvania! Enter, win, play!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Guacamelee 2 - Won by Chainshada Chainshada (88 entries)

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I like that some keep up the mystery giveaways. I love it when someone wins a mystery game but already own it, which means Steam will not tell them what it actually was. So they have to re-gift it and they still don't know what it is (unless they ask the original gifter, but that's no fun!)

I think people can choose for themselves if they wanna "waste" a win on a mystery game or not. Some might even be here just for the fun of that and not caring about the other giveaways.

Silver9

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
All those Cod's gone

article_full%401x.jpg

Congrats to winners though. =)

Deleted member 58961

Banned
Aug 2, 2019
After what feels like a million years, I finally won a giveaway (for a game that I didn't already own, I mean) and I am: so fucking happy!
Thanks so much to Nayishiki for Seasons After Fall, I had an eye on this cute indie platformer for quite a while, and I hope I'll enjoy it! I will now thank my SO and my cat for the emotional support throughout the tough times of losing so damn much I honestly lost count, and I also thank my mum & dad for always believing in me, knowing that I would make it big one day!
I finally made y'all, I finally won a game and added it to my library! What a feeling!

xUZZ479.gif

Congrats! Not to be a kiss-ass, but I almost you folks should get an extra entry for all your unpaid labour on here. 😅

I want to win this so bad :(

Over a decade of internet 'like', 'fave', etc. culture gives me such an irrational urge to sign up for something like Stardew Valley for Switch. Which I already have, so I won't. But it's like ... it deserves to have lots of entries! Stardew-chan deserves to feel loved!

Edit: Should have mentioned that I don't mind the mystery giveaways, and I see how they're fun for others. All giveaways obviously don't need to be made specifically for me. Create the giveaways you want!

I do find a bit of irony in the mystery gift aways being time-locked themselves...

Yep, a mystery game could be anything, even another mystery game!

1262514098911275919.jpg

I would DO everything to win Call of Duty WW2 :(
You do realise it's on sale really heavily right now, yeah?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
All those Cod's gone

article_full%401x.jpg

Congrats to winners though. =)

Lmao. That's how exactly how I feel. I even watched a raffle end before my very eyes, only for it not to tell me the winner and make me think it was unclaimed. In fact, it even let go through the "enter" phase again after the timer with game selection and Captcha and all and then said game had been taken. Wut? Is there some kind of glitch going on?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Someone educate me. How does Humble Bundle differ from Steam? I thought those were just bundles OF Steam games.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish the number of entries were still listed at the end of the giveaway. It gives you an idea of the odds at the end of the giveaway and not just at the time of entry.

Seeing the number of entries when giveaway is still running is great but I was surprised to not see the final number of entrants when giveaway ends. This would be very helpful to know why someone didn't win at the end. :P

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone educate me. How does Humble Bundle differ from Steam? I thought those were just bundles OF Steam games.
Humble is a store, they sell keys for other platforms when they get a chance.

Also when the creators select it, they probably mean it will be delivered in the form of a gift link.

Status
Not open for further replies.