• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
PYAS5Uk.gif

haha !

Official Giveaway #12 (Ori!)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Cerium Cerium!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cerium said:
More Ori! Please double check your region before you select a prize. Thanks again to Xbox Games Studios and Moon Studios!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (US) Nintendo Switch (US): Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - Won by Paznos Paznos
  • Nintendo Switch (EU) Nintendo Switch (EU): Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - Won by kcp12304 kcp12304

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome move from Xbox Game Studios and Moon Studios! Not only giving Switch owners the opportunity to play this gem, but also being generous to make this raffle possible. Thanks a lot!

SapphireZora

Mar 14, 2018
Big thanks to Microsoft Game Studios and Moon Studios for these prizes! I've wanted to play Ori and the Blind Forest since I saw its debut trailer years ago and was excited to see it coming to Switch. Fingers crossed!

kin

Nov 3, 2017
Not sure what's better about this thread, the amazing work of the community regarding givaways and freebies, or the amazing gifs people are making.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from an anonymous user!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Sonic Mania - Won by Sedated Sedated
  • Steam Steam: MOTHERGUNSHIP - Won by Maxi Maxi

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just a reminder for people just waking up.

Steam copy of NMS up for grabs! With that just generated freshness too.

So many Final Fantasy giveaways, wow!

I don't know why people keep using the Lurker restriction in this thread, though. That seems intended for community threads instead. 4/5

This and the original GiftBot Thread were crazy active with people encouraged to join and and keep the generosity flowing, I used "No Lurker" in that spirit. 5 Posts isn't some onerous task and in keeping with the friendly atmosphere some ebullience and chattiness seems to be positively encouraged.
Personally as well, I'd hoped my giveaway would go to someone active in the community rather than someone who doesn't participate and blindly takes part in every giveaway more for the desire to win rather than get something they truly want.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh the 2nd Ori is up already! I was expecting it after the 1st finished.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
thanks everyone for all the giveaways. i think i have a old watchdogs 2 code from my gpu i could give away.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Itaremustbedangeres!

Itaremustbedangeres said:
Found this code in my humble library and it should still be working since I got the game as a gift from someone else :)

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
How did I miss this.

Thank you for this kind giveaway Lamptramp

Well I did procrastinate for ages before finally buying the key and filling in the form, while I was trying to force a hauler to spawn in game. I did end up finishing right during the Ori Hype so the post ended up being lost in an awful lot of pages of Cerium quoting excitement, of which I too was participating.

Best of luck though!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So was I. I kinda wish they waited because now I've entered both, if I win the first one, I wouldn't want to be in the second raffle. Thogh, if II were somehow able to win both, I would give the second away. I'm not sure everyone would though.

Yeah, that did cross my mind too. The chances of winning both would be extremely low though thankfully.

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know what would be actually evil? Doing an anonymous "mystery" PSN giveaway but it's a beta firmware code for PS4 because it counts in your "won something in the last N days".

Another evil thought: You could make a giveaway with like, 100 games, and put fake codes in for 99 of them. Then the last one is an actual amazing prize, but you have to pick the correct line out of the hundred just to have chance at getting it.

#1 If you pick wrong, you're locked out of some future giveaways without actually getting anything
#2 Everyone would get a "You just won a giveaway!" message, because they'd be "winning" fake codes.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Another evil thought: You could make a giveaway with like, 100 games, and put fake codes in for 99 of them. Then the last one is an actual amazing prize, but you have to pick the correct line out of the hundred just to have chance at getting it.

#1 If you pick wrong, you're locked out of some future giveaways without actually getting anything
#2 Everyone would get a "You just won a giveaway!" message, because they'd be "winning" fake codes.
I'm half expecting this would get you at least a warning, maybe even a short term ban.

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017

And you'd get blacklisted by 99 people

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm half expecting this would get you at least a warning, maybe even a short term ban.

If you were pretending the 99 other prizes were also good, then sure that's abusing the system, but just like people are doing with "<MYSTERY GAME>" , you could have each thing on the list be like "This is either nothing, or a Switch"

Status
Not open for further replies.