• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
The new features are great and thanks Focus for the prizes! The ones who end up winning them are going be incredibly lucky :)

As an unrelated question (to anyone who knows): the Square Enix Key for FFXIV ARR that's part of a raffle - is that PC only? Or can I use a PS4 to play?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yay I can finally turn off notifications for the 100+ giveaways I haven't won. No more getting messages telling me I'm a loser! (At least from Gift Bot)

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
The new features are great and thanks Focus for the prizes! The ones who end up winning them are going be incredibly lucky :)

As an unrelated question (to anyone who knows): the Square Enix Key for FFXIV ARR that's part of a raffle - is that PC only? Or can I use a PS4 to play?

Square Enix Key would usually refer to PC

SUBTLE~~
At this stage I'm assuming you just work at Nintendo. 😉

Haha, I wish! No, I'm just a plain old uni student :D

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's neat so many official entities are lending games.

Also is the raffle up yet or was it just the announcement?

1 gift from laoni

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from laoni laoni!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

laoni said:
ED1918CD5F0C9F8CD2FF34CBA59FA4588005A784

DRAGON QUEST® XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Digital Edition of Light

For a limited time only, purchase DRAGON QUEST® XI - Digital Edition of Light to receive the following bonuses:

• Supplicant - A clairvoyant's card imbued with the power to restore MP.
  • Healer - A clairvoyant's card imbued with the power to restore HP.
  • Seed of Skill x3 - A nifty nut that confers an extra skill point upon anyone who eats it. Consumed upon use.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: DRAGON QUEST® XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Won by Rayne Rayne (577 entries)

3 gifts from Cerium

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Cerium Cerium!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cerium said:
The giveaways continue! Thanks again to Focus Home Interactive!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Won by Platy Platy (545 entries)
  • Steam Steam: GreedFall - Won by master_Willem master_Willem (585 entries)
  • Steam Steam: The Surge 2 - Won by sredgrin sredgrin (529 entries)

Oct 29, 2017
I agree lol. People who don't know better and have wanted play Sims but never got around to it much might think they are standalone games, win them only to not have base game and get locked out of other raffles.

Which is exactly what happened to me lol.

I think the bare minimum people can do is at least research the games if they're intent on entering a raffle for 'em.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
That is super cool of Focus Home Interactive!
Three games high up on my wishlist!

Nice updates to our most loved and hated bot too <3

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Thanks for the gifts! Loved The Surge and definitely plan to play The Surge 2. Execution animations are 👌🏻

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god is the picture captcha broken on mobile? I had to do like 20 pictures before it moved on.

Deleted member 58961

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
Hmmm, seems to be updating fine for me.

aIiC7cT.png

Point is they're all the same number for me, rather than the individual values for each game (as you can only choose one). Though I wouldn't be again hiding the value for each game until the raffle is over to stop people waiting until the end to pick the game with the least entries or something like that.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
aIiC7cT.png

Point is they're all the same number for me, rather than the individual values for each game (as you can only choose one). Though I wouldn't be again hiding the value for each game until the raffle is over to stop people waiting until the end to pick the game with the least entries or something like that.

Ah, I see! Sorry, I misunderstood.
Yeah, it's showing up like that for me as well.

Edit: Oh wait, now it isn't, lol
I don't know what's going on here XD

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
aIiC7cT.png

Hmm strange... Clear cache and cookies? It's working fine for me when I refresh, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The entry count looks correct for me on Chrome, Win 10. I see 3 different numbers for that Focus giveaway. The "not a bot" entry was just "tick the box", is that correct?

It seems to me that showing the current total for each entry can lead to people gaming it, waiting until near the end to pick the best odds. Which is fine, if that's the intended behavior rather than just showing a "total entered" stat at the bottom of the giveaway.

Great update on the Giftbot btw, and thanks Focus for that giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.