• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: LAST WAR 2044 - Won by chrisypoo chrisypoo (58 entries)

Oct 28, 2017
I shamelessly added up my entry for Greedfall, people have been positive about the roleplaying aspects of the game and the pseudo bloodborne fast paced combat.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of people are really excited for the 3 choices. I know it gave me pause (I infact changed my entry because the decision was that close).

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Devin, for Mighty No. 9!

As a Mega Man fan, I've been interested in trying this game out for awhile now. Even if it did received mostly mixed/negative reviews.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Love the new GiftBot updates and am thrilled to see everyone's excitement.
Thank you Devin, for Mighty No. 9!

As a Mega Man fan, I've been interested in trying this game out for awhile now. Even if it did received mostly mixed/negative reviews.
I think with the right expectations, you can fun with it. I certainly did.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Mighty No. 9 isn't the genius reinvention of the Mega Man 2d shooter platformer genre or even a super tight nostalgia trip down memory lane, but it's not bad either. Could be more polished and the graphics won't wow anyone, but ultimately it plays a lot like your average Mega Man. It's competent if a bit unremarkable.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wow didn't know that this thread was so active and users were giving games away again, I thought it was just promo stuff from various devs. Amazing work with how giftbot now works, the copy past method before was a nightmare.

1 gift from Niosai

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Niosai Niosai!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Niosai said:
Here's another one. It's Populous from a Humble Bundle from awhile back. Not really my cup of tea, though, so hopefully someone else can appreciate it!

Keep in mind, this game does require you to run it in DOSBox, so please keep that in mind.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Origin Origin: Populous - Won by Eggiem Eggiem (12 entries)

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I've never participated in these before, but I figure I'll toss my hat in. I'm particularly interested in Plague, is that giveaway still going on? Thanks to those who are contributing to these giveaways, you guys are the best.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Just finished Greedfall this week and I must say it's pretty great if you are craving a Bioware-esque RPG.

I entered for Plague Tale, good luck everybody!

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks alot dreams for the MK Kollection code. A blast from the past that brings back some nostalgia.
No problem! I'm glad the code still worked!

And thank you so much Tizoc for Dragonview! I'm beyond excited for this. It was my brother's fave game growing up, and I used to love watching him play it. I actually had no idea it was on steam! Gonna ride the nostalgia wave with this.

Double

Nov 1, 2017
Information
Did you think we were finished? No! Today we have our biggest update yet, so let's get right to it. First, here are some of the fixes and tweaks we've made since the last update:
  • The "Won Giveaways" page has been adjusted so that it is now possible to select the text to conveniently copy Keys or Links.
  • The "Allow Juniors" option is now off by default. Giveaway creators are still free to toggle it as they please.
  • Most reported bugs should now be fixed.
And now some new features we think are going to knock your socks off. We're taking GiftBot's evolution to a whole new level:
  • Cancel Your Entry: Perhaps our most requested feature! If you've entered a giveaway by mistake, or have changed your mind, you now have the option to cancel your entry into that giveaway by pressing the same button.
  • GiftBot Alerts Options: On the Preferences page users now have the option to enable or disable Alerts and Push Notifications for GiftBot related functions.
  • Entered Giveaways Tab: You can now track which giveaways you're currently entered into by checking the new "Entered Giveaways" tab on the giveaways page.
  • Captcha Protection: An advanced captcha has now been added to the giveaway entry dialogue to further deter exploitation by scripts or bots.
  • Display Number of Entrants for Each Prize: New giveaways from now on will display the total number of current entrants next to each prize on offer. That number will update automatically with each refresh. Giveaway creators have the option to disable this if they so choose.
  • Threadmarks Integration: We've proven how much generosity there is on ResetEra -- so much that we need a better way to organize and track it! From now on, by default, all giveaways will be automatically threadmarked and sorted into a unique threadmark category (Giveaways) located in the same place that Staff Posts and normal Threadmarks are found. Select "Reader Mode" from that dropdown and you can view all of the giveaways at once! Giveaway creators can choose to opt out of this.
This thread has shown why you guys deserve the best, and we've done all we can to deliver.
Absolutely sexy!

By the way Cerium , did this anomality ever get solved?:
Oh, has the participation number for past giveaways been changed to unique participants now? My 120 games giveaway says 363 now which sound like a lot of people if that is what it is! But it said over 3000 before which I assumed was every single entry per game counted together.
Would be interested in if and when it changed and how it was before, to be better able to interpret the number for my own past multi-selection giveaway ;)

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure, honestly. The Humble Bundle page had a "DOSBox help" section for this game, but it led to a 404. And of course I can't install the game myself to test it.
Just tested it out. It automatically launches DOSBox without needing to set anything up, but the default settings are atrocious. You'll probably want to adjust the dosbox.conf settings so it's not stretched to hell.

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
You're actually only 3 posts away from coming off junior status! How is your day going? We can get you over 100 posts.
Oh god i didn't even notice lol, i thought i was at something like 50+ max cause i mainly lurk and ask the odd question here and there

EDIT: Does this mean that once Junior status is lifted i can start making threads?

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
There's a giveaway thread? Iwasnotawareofthat.gif

Don't mind if I do. Daddy would like some new shoes. What do you mean this isn't a gambling den? OK, fine, still, new shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.