• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose it's known, but there's a (still active) giveaway where I can't check any boxes, and another where only some of the boxes are checkable.
Bad giftbutt!

predprey

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
So you know, that's been there since day two or so. It's also fairly short, just a few hours, so it's just a small inconvenience.

Guess I logged on after it passed on previous days since I only saw it today. I think it's a good feature though, to encourage members to enter for only the prizes they really want. Maybe the cooldown period could be extended because as you said currently it's only just a minor inconvenience.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Information
Did you think we were finished? No! Today we have our biggest update yet, so let's get right to it. First, here are some of the fixes and tweaks we've made since the last update:
  • The "Won Giveaways" page has been adjusted so that it is now possible to select the text to conveniently copy Keys or Links.
  • The "Allow Juniors" option is now off by default. Giveaway creators are still free to toggle it as they please.
  • Most reported bugs should now be fixed.
And now some new features we think are going to knock your socks off. We're taking GiftBot's evolution to a whole new level:
  • Cancel Your Entry: Perhaps our most requested feature! If you've entered a giveaway by mistake, or have changed your mind, you now have the option to cancel your entry into that giveaway by pressing the same button.
  • GiftBot Alerts Options: On the Preferences page users now have the option to enable or disable Alerts and Push Notifications for GiftBot related functions.
  • Entered Giveaways Tab: You can now track which giveaways you're currently entered into by checking the new "Entered Giveaways" tab on the giveaways page.
  • Captcha Protection: An advanced captcha has now been added to the giveaway entry dialogue to further deter exploitation by scripts or bots.
  • Display Number of Entrants for Each Prize: New giveaways from now on will display the total number of current entrants next to each prize on offer. That number will update automatically with each refresh. Giveaway creators have the option to disable this if they so choose.
  • Threadmarks Integration: We've proven how much generosity there is on ResetEra -- so much that we need a better way to organize and track it! From now on, by default, all giveaways will be automatically threadmarked and sorted into a unique threadmark category (Giveaways) located in the same place that Staff Posts and normal Threadmarks are found. Select "Reader Mode" from that dropdown and you can view all of the giveaways at once! Giveaway creators can choose to opt out of this.
This thread has shown why you guys deserve the best, and we've done all we can to deliver.

Definitely love the new features.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Giftbot can't handle the giveaways anymore, we broke it :(

0jhbq25.gif

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I won a code for Alien Isolation, but when I click on it, it says it was already redeemed. Anyone else have this problem?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I won a code for Alien Isolation, but when I click on it, it says it was already redeemed. Anyone else have this problem?
a) Could be GiftBot error, there used to be a bug for a brief time where win messages were sent to multiple people.
b) Could be unintentional error from the creator, not knowing or remembering the code was used. It happens some times.

Either way, you're out of luck.

Oct 31, 2017
That maybe why I couldn't activate it either. Thanks for the info.
Typically the keys can still be activated after a game has been delisted. Though if the key was from when Humble Bundle gave them out for free, those have expired.

Staab , were you able to activate the GRID 2 key from my giveaway? That one was from the Humble Jumbo Bundle #3.

Nope, I gifted Grid 2 and two DLC codes earlier in this thread and all three keys worked.

By the way, I got those from HB for free so the expiration thing on their website is irrelevant.

Those keys are most likely region-locked so gift them if you have one that doesn't work for you ;)

Oct 30, 2017
Since Giftbot is down. I would like to thank the following people for my recent wins! This was throughout the week!

Setsune for Broken Sword
Krvavi Abadas for Anomaly Warzone
Spyware for Overture and Injustice 1

I will make sure they are well played and enjoyed. Thank you very much for your generosity

Bug fix for entering giveaways + Captcha tweak
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Information
The issues preventing users from entering some giveaways should now be fixed -- thanks for your patience.

We've also updated how the captcha works. It should now only appear when a user has entered 2 giveaways within the past 12 hours.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so much for the constant updates and being so speedy with fixes! You guys are working so hard on this, and it's definitely appreciated!

singo

Nov 5, 2017
Information
The issues preventing users from entering some giveaways should now be fixed -- thanks for your patience.

We've also updated how the captcha works. It should now only appear when a user has entered 2 giveaways within the past 12 hours.
Cerium, the hero GiftBot needs.

Just in time for all those Humble Monthly keys being released in 15 minutes!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Information

looks like its working for me now, thanks!

1 gift from SinkFla

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from SinkFla SinkFla!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

SinkFla said:
Since Giftbot has been de-Skynetted, I've brought the Project Resistance Beta back!

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): Project Resistance (Resident Evil game) BETA - Won by Kenysu Kenysu (74 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.