• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah you are probably right and that is a reasonable perspective. I am personally mostly interested in Nintendo and PlayStation, so I guess I fit the stereotype. You may get a reaction to using the word "bias" though, as it is commonly perceived as a pejorative (even though you aren't using it that way and even explicitly stated so, lol).

True enough, preference probably would have been the better term to use.

Yeah, bias is not exactly the word that I was looking for there.

I'm mainly underlining the lack of love for PC gaming here, as the majority of any voting conducted here has always been dominated by console games. Hence why I said it feels like a foreigner here.

FirLocke

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Great list, gonna be a great year for PS4. Disappointed that SoulCalibur VI isn't higher >:V.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I think from a quick eyeball of the top twenty I'll be buying six of them guaranteed, and probably another six to eight I'll very likely pick up but when will depend on reviews and sale prices.

These aren't exactly all my most anticipated since I have a number of smaller games I really want, but Detroit, God of War, Bloodstained, and several others are top of my list (that I never put together) for this year.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Wow i never expected one of my comments to be quoted, but yeah the Dragon Quest love is real.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised KH is so low.

...I guess I never really noticed, but persona is bigger than KH here huh

I feel like the hype for the game has somewhat dwindled due to the length of time it has taken to release, not to mention fairly limited media or coverage for it.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sony will have this line up plus a $199 PS4 for half of this year .they are gonna have a smashing year this year and next year it's ps5 time to shine with last of us 2 as launch game for it (also on ps4 ).

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Happy that Yakuza 6 is in the top 10. Good work, Era.

Everyone who still didn't play any game of this IP should buy Yakuza 0. There is a high chance that Yakuza will be on your Most Wanted list after that.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every top 10 game is only available on one console. Even with the insane success, the PS4 is about to be Dennis Reynolds, hasn't even begun to peak.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 is as expected, though I had Metro as #4 instead of Monster Hunter.

Can't wait for these games. Red Dead especially.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Great list, especially the top 3 games. The first 2 games are also my most anticipated games but in reversed order. Also really looking forward to playing Shadoe of the Colossus for the first time.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Unsurprisingly a PS4 dominated top 10,but still disappointed at some ranks (DBFZ, AC7, SoT, etc too low).
Most of the Switch stuff has either no footage nor release date. Will be fun to see what they show in their Direct.

Deleted member 1326

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6 of the 10 I voted for made into top 10.
2 of the 10 didn't make the list at all, MediEvil and Concrete Genie.

Should be a great year.

Gonzalo

Oct 29, 2017
How come Guacamelee! 2 isn't in the full list? I know I voted for it at the very least.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Just to compare, I went back to look at gaf's 2017 list.

1. Zelda
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon
4. RDR2
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda
6. Nier: Automata
7. Nioh
8. Resident Evil 7
9. Gravity Rush 2
10. Ni No Kuni 2

So ends the Zelda/Persona streak, it was a good run. In general, with the sole exception of Zelda, one would've believed 2017 to be Playstation's year as well, yet we all know how it turned out in the end. Like last year's list, Nintendo hasn't talked much about their 2018 slate, which they should be doing so in the coming month(s). I'm convinced some of the rankings would have switched (heh) around if we actually knew and have seen some of what was coming this year.

I also kind of wonder if KH3 would've been higher if more people believed it was coming out this year. :P

Well the PS4 ended up selling 20.6 million consoles in 2017, which is its best selling 12 month period ever. So it turned out pretty good in the end.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Dreams for game whose position on this list least reflects its sales.

Deleted member 3862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Came into this thread not very excited about 2018, but by the end of the top 20 there is some good stuff on there I'm looking forward to. I hope Bloodstained is great. I hope they are all great honestly.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Didn't even notice that till you mentioned, but you're right. The PS4 is very likely going to have another dominant year. Be interesting to see what big new game announcements are in store for Nintendo and Microsoft in 2018.
Well that's the only flaw in this process - that we are voting before we know all the big games that are coming in 2018. Nintendo in particular, we have little idea what their 2018 line-up is going to look like. With that info thrown in, the top 10 might have looked quite a bit different.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts III is top 5! We did it!!!

8JhmfyE.gif

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a Switch only gamer I'll agree with Octopath, FE Switch and Bloodstained: I'll probs give Mega Man and VC4 a go too.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Could you break down this statement for me? There are a number of multi-platform games in the top 10.
He meant every single game on the top 10 can be purchased on the PS4, while the same can not be said for the Xbox One/ Switch.

While some are multiplatform, a good amount of them aren't .

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Amazing times are coming.
TOP3 is day one.
TOP 10 will definetely hit my PS4 at some point.
Sure the lack of Nintendo games is a consequence of ND happening this month.
Still tho the list wouldnt be so different.
Metroid and Pokemon would be on the list if they indeed were confirmed as 2018 games. And thats all.

He's not talking about sales but how 2017's GOTY list is going to end up.

And?
Zelda was the most antecipated and won the majority of GOTYs.
That didn't change the fact the PS4 had an amazing year and that lots of the games on 2017 list lived up for their hype.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm actually buying every single game in the top 10 and 18 of the top 20 (barring awful reviews). What an incredible year we're going to have yet again. There should be even more to look forward to after Nintendo's Direct.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
That's a nice list of games. A lot of them are to be expected but there's a couple of surprises in there, like how close the top 3 are and Shenmue 3 sneaking into the top 20 (especially since I honestly don't see it coming out in 2018). Also, like last year, I really think most of the top 20 will actually make it out in 2018.

Great work Muzy (and all the people who helped you) for getting this all done so quickly.